Coder Academy is an accredited Australian coding bootcamp located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. The programming bootcamp offers a six-month 'Fast Track' program split into four sections covering computer science fundamentals and two full technology stacks – Ruby on Rails and MERN (Mongo, Express, React, and Node), as well as ReactJS.
Coder Academy teaches students in-demand skills with the goal of producing well-rounded, full stack developers. Students engage in face-to-face learning by industry experts using project-based coursework from successful bootcamps in Silicon Valley. Each student also partakes in a one-month internship placement in a real dev environment with a startup or tech company.
Coder Academy equips students with the most relevant programming skills and provides them with job readiness skills, networking opportunities, and career guidance.
Recent Coder Academy Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent Coder Academy News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2020!
- Episode 13: April 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
- How to Get Work Experience Before You Graduate from Coding Bootcamp
- HTML, CSS, Penetration Testing, Virtualization, Mobile Security, Data Structures, Network Security, SQL, Python
In PersonFull Time21 Hours/week40 Weeks
Start Date May 13, 2021 Cost $19,980 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCyber security is the fastest growing field of the information technology sector in which positions can't be filled fast enough. With the amount of data breaches, malware samples and hackers growing every year, the industry is frantically trying to employ experts who can defend against this new wave of cyber-crime. With estimates of 3.5 million unfilled cyber jobs by 2021, now is the perfect time to be trained or upskilled into a high paying, vitally important position. Coder Academy's Cyber Security Bootcamp is the first of its kind in Australia! The 7-month long, immersive, practical bootcamp will prepare those with an interest and passion in IT and cyber security for a career in one of the world's fastest growing and essential industries. With material created by Cyberscience and the course led by industry experts, the Cyber Security Bootcamp will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to launch your career. The course also includes an optional 1-month internship, offering all students the opportunity to experience put their skills to the test within startups, tech companies, and large organisations. In undertaking the Cyber Security Bootcamp students will also study the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development as part of the program. Successful completion of assessments will lead to the awarding of the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP government loans available for eligible domestic students. Find out more here: https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help Tuition Plans Installment payments available (4 equal payments - 1 payment per term) Scholarship One Diversity Scholarship available per intake covering 50% of full tuition fees.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work Pre-work will be distributed once student enrollment has been processed. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 13, 2021 - Brisbane Apply by May 11, 2021May 13, 2021 - Melbourne Apply by May 11, 2021May 13, 2021 - Sydney Apply by May 11, 2021
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week25 Weeks
Start Date February 22, 2021 Cost $19,900 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCoder Academy has joined forces with the Academy of Information Technology (AIT) to bring you Australia’s only accredited coding bootcamp. Bootcamp-style learning has been proven successful in the United States as the most direct pathway for students with no prior coding experience to become employable developers in only a few months. Whether you want to up-skill, create a start-up, build an app, join a leading tech company, or travel the world as a digital nomad, Coder Academy provides you with the in-demand tools and cutting edge knowledge you’ll need for a lucrative career. Our full time Fast Track course offers revolutionary technology education in a collaborative and immersive environment, combined with the accreditation of Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and a nationally recognised higher ed Diploma of Information Technology.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans Installment Plan Scholarship 50% Women in Tech scholarship available to one female applicant per intake per campus
Minimum Skill Level HTML & CSS preferred Prep Work You will be sent out pre-work to complete upon your enrollment into the course. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesFebruary 22, 2021 - Brisbane Apply by February 15, 2021February 22, 2021 - Sydney Apply by February 15, 2021February 22, 2021 - Melbourne Apply by February 15, 2021
In PersonPart Time21 Hours/week47 Weeks
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP is available to eligible students Tuition Plans Instalment payments available Scholarship 1 Diversity Scholarship available per intake to eligible Australian citizens covering 50% of tuition fees
Minimum Skill Level None, but HTML/CSS preferred Prep Work Pre-work might be required Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesOctober 15, 2020 - Melbourne Apply by October 10, 2020October 15, 2020 - Brisbane Apply by October 10, 2020October 15, 2020 - Sydney Apply by October 10, 2020
Coder Academy Reviews
101 reviews sorted by:
- Opens doors to amazing opportunities- 2/24/2020Carlie Hamilton • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Flex Track Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInI took part in the flex track at the Brisbane campus, and can not rave enough about it. Taking the course was the best decision I have ever made. It is highly practical and teaches you skills that make you desirable to future employers. This course opens doors and opportunities for you. Like anything, you get out of it what you put in.
I went from knowing HTML and CSS to being able to create fully functional web applications. Not only is the content practical, the assessment becomes your portfolio you present to employers. The course not only teaches you programming, you also learn and develop other core skills that will allow you to stand out in the workforce.
The staff at Coder Academy are supportive. Because of the small class sizes, they are able to pivot and teach you in ways that you need. Non academic staff also support you. They want you to succeed.
The course exposed me to many people in the industry and opened the door for me to get a part time software engineering role while studying, and also ultimately a full time position at the end of my course.
I can't recommend this course enough.
- From 0 to 100 in 6 months- 2/12/2020Nick Fletcher • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInMy time at Coder Academy has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I started the course with knowing a few things about coding and by the end of it I now know how to create apps with 100's of lines of code. The people i've met over my time at Coder Academy have been such a big help with my journey and i now call them friends. The staff at Coder Academy are also one of the major reasons why I loved my time at Coder, they helped me land an amazing opportunity doing an internship at an amazing company and i'm thankful for everyone at Coder Academy for making my 6 month journey amazing. I seriously recommend anyone who wants to take up programming to give this course a shot cause you will not be disappointed.
- Incredibly beneficial- 2/12/2020Ashley • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInExtremely useful and practical course, taking me from a bartender with an empty Github to actually being in the industry with multiple projects under my belt. The instructors we're extremely helpful and positive and the other students we're absolutely the best. I can't recommend this course enough.
- from 0 to Coding Hero- 2/12/2020Alex Leybourne • Graduate • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInCoder Academy has been one of the best things I have done in my life, from both an Academic and Social perspective. I would have never thought you could learn and do so much within 6 months of a fast-tracked course but here I am today with more knowledge and confidence than I could have imagined. Going from knowing how to scrape together a basic Html website to creating full web applications with amazing people. If you are thinking of taking the plunge to learn web development then I can't recommend Coder Academy Enough!
- So Practical So Learning- 2/7/2020Lukey P • Career changer • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedInThe experience at coder academy is, first and foremost, super practical. During the 5 months I've created a number of apps and am inspired to create more and more. As far as staff goes - The educators are wizards, student services are warm and fuzzy pikachus and my fellow aspiring Devs are kings and queens. Love em all
- Genuinely great experience- 2/7/2020Alex Kentwell • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHubIt is one of the best learning environments that I have experienced through my studying over the years. The teachers are brilliant, friendly, and willing to answer almost every question you have.
The fast teav course is challenging, but also very rewarding.
One piece of advice I would give if you get in, is ask as many questions as you can while you are there.
- Would recommend!- 2/7/2020Ragan • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- A great experience!- 2/7/2020Robbie • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- Enrolling at Coder Academy changed my life. I was so apprehensive and nervous to call up and ask about the course but I don’t regret a single moment
Thanks to CA, I’m off to my first internship and excited to start my new career as a software engineer when six months ago I had never touched code in any capacity .
- An amazing learning experience!- 2/7/2020Ewe Lin Loo • Graduate • Course: Flex Track Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- Good Stuff- 2/7/2020Angel Lopez-Andrade • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- Exactly what they advertised- 10/21/2019Scott O'Dea • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
6 months out of Coder Academy Sydney now, and have to say they delivered on everything they promised. Having witnessed 95% of the class now working as professional developers, I felt obligated to write a review.
Being in the industry now for a short time, it amazes me how impressed developers from a more traditional background are with the quality of coders coming out of the Coder Academy Bootcamp. A recruiter at my work now exclusively seeks out resumes from Coder Academy and has hired 5 people from the course.
The staff are friendly, the teachers experienced and the course seems to attract a dynamic range of great people from a whole lot of backgrounds who are keen to learn and connect.
I've made some great friends and no longer dread Mondays. What more could you ask for?