Coder Academy is an accredited Australian coding bootcamp located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. The programming bootcamp offers a six-month 'Fast Track' program split into four sections covering computer science fundamentals and two full technology stacks – Ruby on Rails and MERN (Mongo, Express, React, and Node), as well as ReactJS.
Coder Academy teaches students in-demand skills with the goal of producing well-rounded, full stack developers. Students engage in face-to-face learning by industry experts using project-based coursework from successful bootcamps in Silicon Valley. Each student also partakes in a one-month internship placement in a real dev environment with a startup or tech company.
Coder Academy equips students with the most relevant programming skills and provides them with job readiness skills, networking opportunities, and career guidance.
Recent Coder Academy Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent Coder Academy News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2020!
- Episode 13: April 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
- How to Get Work Experience Before You Graduate from Coding Bootcamp
- HTML, CSS, Penetration Testing, Virtualization, Mobile Security, Data Structures, Network Security, SQL, Python
In PersonFull Time21 Hours/week40 Weeks
Start Date May 14, 2020 Cost $19,980 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCyber security is the fastest growing field of the information technology sector in which positions can't be filled fast enough. With the amount of data breaches, malware samples and hackers growing every year, the industry is frantically trying to employ experts who can defend against this new wave of cyber-crime. With estimates of 3.5 million unfilled cyber jobs by 2021, now is the perfect time to be trained or upskilled into a high paying, vitally important position. Coder Academy's Cyber Security Bootcamp is the first of its kind in Australia! The 7-month long, immersive, practical bootcamp will prepare those with an interest and passion in IT and cyber security for a career in one of the world's fastest growing and essential industries. With material created by Cyberscience and the course led by industry experts, the Cyber Security Bootcamp will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to launch your career. The course also includes an optional 1-month internship, offering all students the opportunity to experience put their skills to the test within startups, tech companies, and large organisations. In undertaking the Cyber Security Bootcamp students will also study the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development as part of the program. Successful completion of assessments will lead to the awarding of the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP government loans available for eligible domestic students. Find out more here: https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help Tuition Plans Installment payments available (4 equal payments - 1 payment per term) Scholarship One Diversity Scholarship available per intake covering 50% of full tuition fees.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work Pre-work will be distributed once student enrollment has been processed. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 14, 2020 - Sydney Apply by April 9, 2020May 14, 2020 - Melbourne Apply by April 9, 2020May 14, 2020 - Brisbane Apply by April 9, 2020
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week25 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $19,900 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCoder Academy has joined forces with the Academy of Information Technology (AIT) to bring you Australia’s only accredited coding bootcamp. Bootcamp-style learning has been proven successful in the United States as the most direct pathway for students with no prior coding experience to become employable developers in only a few months. Whether you want to up-skill, create a start-up, build an app, join a leading tech company, or travel the world as a digital nomad, Coder Academy provides you with the in-demand tools and cutting edge knowledge you’ll need for a lucrative career. Our full time Fast Track course offers revolutionary technology education in a collaborative and immersive environment, combined with the accreditation of Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and a nationally recognised higher ed Diploma of Information Technology.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans Installment Plan Scholarship 50% Women in Tech scholarship available to one female applicant per intake per campus
Minimum Skill Level HTML & CSS preferred Prep Work You will be sent out pre-work to complete upon your enrollment into the course. Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time21 Hours/week47 Weeks
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP is available to eligible students Tuition Plans Instalment payments available Scholarship 1 Diversity Scholarship available per intake to eligible Australian citizens covering 50% of tuition fees
Minimum Skill Level None, but HTML/CSS preferred Prep Work Pre-work might be required Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMarch 23, 2020 - Brisbane Apply by March 16, 2020March 23, 2020 - Sydney Apply by March 16, 2020March 23, 2020 - Melbourne Apply by March 16, 2020
Coder Academy Reviews
101 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Opens doors to amazing opportunities- 2/24/2020Carlie Hamilton • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Flex Track Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInI took part in the flex track at the Brisbane campus, and can not rave enough about it. Taking the course was the best decision I have ever made. It is highly practical and teaches you skills that make you desirable to future employers. This course opens doors and opportunities for you. Like anything, you get out of it what you put in.
I went from knowing HTML and CSS to being able to create fully functional web applications. Not only is the content practical, the assessment becomes your portfolio you present to employers. The course not only teaches you programming, you also learn and develop other core skills that will allow you to stand out in the workforce.
The staff at Coder Academy are supportive. Because of the small class sizes, they are able to pivot and teach you in ways that you need. Non academic staff also support you. They want you to succeed.
The course exposed me to many people in the industry and opened the door for me to get a part time software engineering role while studying, and also ultimately a full time position at the end of my course.
I can't recommend this course enough.
- From 0 to 100 in 6 months- 2/12/2020Nick Fletcher • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInMy time at Coder Academy has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I started the course with knowing a few things about coding and by the end of it I now know how to create apps with 100's of lines of code. The people i've met over my time at Coder Academy have been such a big help with my journey and i now call them friends. The staff at Coder Academy are also one of the major reasons why I loved my time at Coder, they helped me land an amazing opportunity doing an internship at an amazing company and i'm thankful for everyone at Coder Academy for making my 6 month journey amazing. I seriously recommend anyone who wants to take up programming to give this course a shot cause you will not be disappointed.
- Incredibly beneficial- 2/12/2020Ashley • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInExtremely useful and practical course, taking me from a bartender with an empty Github to actually being in the industry with multiple projects under my belt. The instructors we're extremely helpful and positive and the other students we're absolutely the best. I can't recommend this course enough.
- from 0 to Coding Hero- 2/12/2020Alex Leybourne • Graduate • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInCoder Academy has been one of the best things I have done in my life, from both an Academic and Social perspective. I would have never thought you could learn and do so much within 6 months of a fast-tracked course but here I am today with more knowledge and confidence than I could have imagined. Going from knowing how to scrape together a basic Html website to creating full web applications with amazing people. If you are thinking of taking the plunge to learn web development then I can't recommend Coder Academy Enough!
- So Practical So Learning- 2/7/2020Lukey P • Career changer • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedInThe experience at coder academy is, first and foremost, super practical. During the 5 months I've created a number of apps and am inspired to create more and more. As far as staff goes - The educators are wizards, student services are warm and fuzzy pikachus and my fellow aspiring Devs are kings and queens. Love em all
- Genuinely great experience- 2/7/2020Alex Kentwell • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHubIt is one of the best learning environments that I have experienced through my studying over the years. The teachers are brilliant, friendly, and willing to answer almost every question you have.
The fast teav course is challenging, but also very rewarding.
One piece of advice I would give if you get in, is ask as many questions as you can while you are there.
- Would recommend!- 2/7/2020Ragan • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- A great experience!- 2/7/2020Robbie • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- Enrolling at Coder Academy changed my life. I was so apprehensive and nervous to call up and ask about the course but I don’t regret a single moment
Thanks to CA, I’m off to my first internship and excited to start my new career as a software engineer when six months ago I had never touched code in any capacity .
- An amazing learning experience!- 2/7/2020Ewe Lin Loo • Graduate • Course: Flex Track Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- Good Stuff- 2/7/2020Angel Lopez-Andrade • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- Exactly what they advertised- 10/21/2019Scott O'Dea • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
6 months out of Coder Academy Sydney now, and have to say they delivered on everything they promised. Having witnessed 95% of the class now working as professional developers, I felt obligated to write a review.
Being in the industry now for a short time, it amazes me how impressed developers from a more traditional background are with the quality of coders coming out of the Coder Academy Bootcamp. A recruiter at my work now exclusively seeks out resumes from Coder Academy and has hired 5 people from the course.
The staff are friendly, the teachers experienced and the course seems to attract a dynamic range of great people from a whole lot of backgrounds who are keen to learn and connect.
I've made some great friends and no longer dread Mondays. What more could you ask for?
- Fast Track- 7/26/2019Wade • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
6 months full-time, full-stack, full-on, fully awesome.
You'll get in and get start coding from day one. You'll build full applications and learn a bunch doing so.
I'm glad I took this time to invest in myself and set off on an exciting career path with a lot of really promising areas and good growth prospects.
Tech is soo HOT right now, so just do it.
- Unbelievable Experience- 7/25/2019Sam Conway • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
Coder Academy will teach and assist you in learning in very relevant technical skills that are appiled in the real world. If you're not sure if you are "smart" enough to learn coding, this course is for you.
The learning envrioment is amazing extremely chilled and accomodating. Teachers at Coder understand how difficult it is at the beginning stages and are very patient and accomodating to answer any qestions you have.
Here are some things that you will definitley gain at the end of the bootcamp:
- Technical skills that are relevant and in demand in the real world
- Meet new amazing people that will become your friends for life
- Real world experience via internships provided by Coder Academy
- Confidence in your own ability to achieve anything
I would highly recommend anyone who is on the fence about doing a bootcamp at Coder Academy to just GO for it! it is a life changer.
- Great Bootcamp- 7/25/2019Natasha K • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
Initially, I was a bit skeptical about the quality and price of this course. But 5 months later, we have just finished our last term and I don't have any regrets. I found the course content was great and really applicable to starting a career in a new field.
The educators are great and supportive, we have learnt so much over a short span of time thanks to the practical projects and exercises we are given. I also enjoyed the other topics incorporated like mindfulness and interview skills, which are helpful for building your overall skill-base as a developer. Learning and coding can be draining energy-wise so having that mindfulness practice can really help with your productivity.
I would highly recommend the Fast Track Bootcamp to anyone looking to change their career, it's intense but very rewarding.
- Fast Track = valuable learning experience- 7/25/2019Billy Leitch • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
- Fantastic Experience- 7/25/2019Clementine • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
Coder Academy far exceeded all my expectations. The teachers and all the staff are fantastic, I was lucky to be in a great group of students and I learnt a ridiculous amount in such a short amount of time. The workload is definitely large, especially towards the end, and the timeframe is quite short (even though it's a longer course than most) but they definitely try their best to make you feel job ready. Group work does get hard at times, but you don't often work solo on a large project in the industry so I think the experience is worthwhile.
I have just graduated from the Sydney Coder Academy Fast-track web deveopment course. This course has been very influential in changing my perspective on the process of studying, getting experience and getting a job.
The course covers a very wide range of skills, and can be quite intense. Skills are updated to the latest industry standards (with some things changing from one cohort to the next, which has a distinct advantage over a 3-4 year uni degree, in which a lot of the information you learn may be irellevant by the end. The immersion into coding 9-5, monday to friday, ensures that students' mindframes are firmly rooted in programming. The friendships gained here are very important to me, and it is hard not to bond with people over these 6 months, as you are with them all the time.
The course also has a good focus on networking, going to meetups and otherwise immersing yourself in the industry, which I found to be a valuable asset in getting out there and meeting potential employers.
- Overpriced, but probably better than uni- 6/26/2019James H • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
Coder Academy's fast track bootcamp promises to teach you to be a full-stack web developer in 6 months. It does that, but I thought the course could have been better. I'll start with the good, and then get onto my gripes.
The instructors are good, for the most part. In my course we had issues with our lead teacher, but he was eventually replaced towards the end. Both the replacement teacher, and the subsitute teacher we had were excellent. The assistents were great, if a little overworked.
Now for the bad.
Too many frills. During the course we were given multiple afternoon sessions on mindfulness, and assertiveness/positivity. This isn't something that should be included in the course. We're paying Coder Academy to teach us to code, not meditate. Given that students are studying full time through the entire 6 months, I would have liked none of the self-help stuff, and less of the course costs. The Latin woman who took us through the assertiveness "training" (or whatever it was called) was atrocious.
To much pair programming, and group assignments. CA were reallly pushing pair programming during my study there. I prefer learning on my own, rather than working with another person. If the other person knows more than you, or less that you, it slows down one person from being able to learn at their own speed. Obviously its good to talk with other students and discuss solutions/ideas, but it should be infomal. Also its just plain distracting having someone look over your shoulder when you are trying to code.
The main term projects were done in groups of 2, then 3, then 4. In the batch before us, the students did the assignments individually. This would have been preferable, as the group projects inevitably end up in drama and conflict. Its easier for the staff to assist the groups, but harder on the students. Maybe keeping assignments to pairs would be a good compromise. CA will argue that they are getting you "job ready" by doing this, but student projects aren't the same as work projects, as you can't get fired, and there isn't a boss in a student project.
The classroom is pretty small with all the students (hope you aren't claustraphobic), and you'll need to get all your own equipment, adding to the cost of the course.
Afterwards, CA did help me find a job. But be aware that it will be very hard for you to get a job as a junior dev, after you graduate.
- My best choice in 2018- 2/11/2019Jessica Alves • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
When I chose to change my career I didn't imagine that I could choose a course that fits my needs so well. But Coder Academy surprised me with great educators, projects to really practice coding skills, and most importantly: support for learning to deal with the real coding world. I strongly recommend Coder Academy's Fast Track Coding Bootcamp.
- Best thing I've ever done.- 2/7/2019Kieran Lockyer • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInI've just completed the main section of the coder academy fast track bootcamp and am about to embark on the internship coder academy set up for me. I can thoroughly recommend coder academy to anyone looking to become a full stack developer. The curriculum is robust, the teachers are fantastic, and the support structure is great. I feel very confident in my ability to produce quality code and get a full time job within the next month.
- A challenge that is worth the outcome- 2/7/2019Mr. Dexin • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via GitHubAt Coder Academy, you will definitely be challenged with the work throughout the length of the course. But the outcome is worth the challenge. As you get to gain the skills of a full stack developer. The instructors are also well informed and very helpful. So please don't feel scared to ask help from them, it is still a learning experience after all.
- Incredible learning experience- 2/7/2019Ken • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
Having just finished the course, I'd like to note a few key points to any potential students:
Their curriculum is constantly being updated to maximise your learning outcomes. They get feedback from industry hirers on knowledge gaps of junior devs as well, meaning that everything you learn is directly applicable in the workforce.
The current lead educator, Garret, is probably the best teacher I've had throughout my years through school and university. Not only does he know his shit, he is very empathetic and is always available to help.
Compared to self-learning, being able to be guided in the right direction as well as being able to share the pains with an entire class of like-minded people is a great motivator to excel in the course.
The internship process is extremely useful since being able to get experience interviewing for positions as well as having the option to vet your potential internship companies would be very useful for applying for actual junior dev positions
As mentioned by others, please note that this bootcamp is intense. There are 40 contact hours a week, in addition to self-study. Even though there is a lot of support if you feel like you are struggling, to maximise what you get out of it, make sure you can prioritise your commitments so that you give yourself ample time outside of class to solidify what you learn in class. If this is a problem, maybe check out the CoderAcademy Gentech part-time course.
- On the other side of the fence- 2/7/2019Theodore Chuang • Web Dev • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
Just graduated from Coder Academy's Fast Track Coding Bootcamp after sitting on the fence for months. And hands down was so worth it. After 6 months of coding full-time and I can finally see the light. Before coding, I tried to self-teach web development but quickly plateau. Garret was our class's main instructor and we all learn so much. Not just coding but many other important skills relevant in the work force. How to learn, solve problems, and work in industry. I felt it perfectly prepared me to transition from my career in real estate into development. The program also includes an internship and I am excited to start my in a week!!
- Fast Track Review- 2/7/2019James Duong • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
Made the switch from finance to coding. Attempted to self-teach myself coding and thought it coding was too technical for me to grasp. Upon finishing this course, I'm now feeling confident coding :)
Great experience with great group of people (educators and students). The bootcamp is intensive, so do be prepared to put in the hard work.
Overall, recommend this course