Coder Academy is an accredited Australian coding bootcamp located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. The programming bootcamp offers a six-month 'Fast Track' program split into four sections covering computer science fundamentals and two full technology stacks – Ruby on Rails and MERN (Mongo, Express, React, and Node), as well as ReactJS.
Coder Academy teaches students in-demand skills with the goal of producing well-rounded, full stack developers. Students engage in face-to-face learning by industry experts using project-based coursework from successful bootcamps in Silicon Valley. Each student also partakes in a one-month internship placement in a real dev environment with a startup or tech company.
Coder Academy equips students with the most relevant programming skills and provides them with job readiness skills, networking opportunities, and career guidance.
Recent Coder Academy Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent Coder Academy News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2020!
- Episode 13: April 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
- How to Get Work Experience Before You Graduate from Coding Bootcamp
- HTML, CSS, Penetration Testing, Virtualization, Mobile Security, Data Structures, Network Security, SQL, Python
In PersonFull Time21 Hours/week40 Weeks
Start Date May 13, 2021 Cost $19,980 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCyber security is the fastest growing field of the information technology sector in which positions can't be filled fast enough. With the amount of data breaches, malware samples and hackers growing every year, the industry is frantically trying to employ experts who can defend against this new wave of cyber-crime. With estimates of 3.5 million unfilled cyber jobs by 2021, now is the perfect time to be trained or upskilled into a high paying, vitally important position. Coder Academy's Cyber Security Bootcamp is the first of its kind in Australia! The 7-month long, immersive, practical bootcamp will prepare those with an interest and passion in IT and cyber security for a career in one of the world's fastest growing and essential industries. With material created by Cyberscience and the course led by industry experts, the Cyber Security Bootcamp will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to launch your career. The course also includes an optional 1-month internship, offering all students the opportunity to experience put their skills to the test within startups, tech companies, and large organisations. In undertaking the Cyber Security Bootcamp students will also study the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development as part of the program. Successful completion of assessments will lead to the awarding of the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP government loans available for eligible domestic students. Find out more here: https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help Tuition Plans Installment payments available (4 equal payments - 1 payment per term) Scholarship One Diversity Scholarship available per intake covering 50% of full tuition fees.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work Pre-work will be distributed once student enrollment has been processed. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 13, 2021 - Brisbane Apply by May 11, 2021May 13, 2021 - Melbourne Apply by May 11, 2021May 13, 2021 - Sydney Apply by May 11, 2021
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week25 Weeks
Start Date February 22, 2021 Cost $19,900 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCoder Academy has joined forces with the Academy of Information Technology (AIT) to bring you Australia’s only accredited coding bootcamp. Bootcamp-style learning has been proven successful in the United States as the most direct pathway for students with no prior coding experience to become employable developers in only a few months. Whether you want to up-skill, create a start-up, build an app, join a leading tech company, or travel the world as a digital nomad, Coder Academy provides you with the in-demand tools and cutting edge knowledge you’ll need for a lucrative career. Our full time Fast Track course offers revolutionary technology education in a collaborative and immersive environment, combined with the accreditation of Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and a nationally recognised higher ed Diploma of Information Technology.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans Installment Plan Scholarship 50% Women in Tech scholarship available to one female applicant per intake per campus
Minimum Skill Level HTML & CSS preferred Prep Work You will be sent out pre-work to complete upon your enrollment into the course. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesFebruary 22, 2021 - Brisbane Apply by February 15, 2021February 22, 2021 - Sydney Apply by February 15, 2021February 22, 2021 - Melbourne Apply by February 15, 2021
In PersonPart Time21 Hours/week47 Weeks
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP is available to eligible students Tuition Plans Instalment payments available Scholarship 1 Diversity Scholarship available per intake to eligible Australian citizens covering 50% of tuition fees
Minimum Skill Level None, but HTML/CSS preferred Prep Work Pre-work might be required Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMarch 22, 2021 - MelbourneMarch 22, 2021 - BrisbaneMarch 22, 2021 - Sydney
Coder Academy Reviews
101 reviews sorted by:
- Fast Track Developer Bootcamp- 11/25/2016Mark Pereira • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
I got exactly what I wanted out of this course and more. I started off knowing very little code and had failed many times at trying to learn programming basics.
After starting the course we dove into Computer Science concepts which, looking back on now, I'm really thankful for. We then got onto HTML and CSS, and finished our first portfolio website.
After Learning front-end design we then mixed in Ruby on Rails which gave us a clearer understanding of the web and how it works. We built basic CRUD apps and APIs all using the wonderful framework that is Rails and then finished off by creating our own deployed application.
This course took me from unemployable to employed in 6 months through the help of the team at Coder Factory. The team are all great sources of learning and are committed to help you succeed. Throughout my time in the course I made many great friends and from day one I was super happy with the environment I was introduced to. This isn't one of those courses in Sydney where people just keep their mouth shut and follow orders, this is a communicative environment where people are open, friendly and willing to help you out wherever and whenever you need it.
I can safely say that looking back I met many great people through this course and learnt critical skills to the industry. If you are looking to learn coding and also have a career in Sydney, this is the course for you.
- Web App Buider- 11/22/2016Simon Angell • Software engineer • Graduate • Course: Web App Builder • Campus: Sydney
I recently completed the web app builder at Coder Factory and have never looked back. The course opened my eyes to what I could achieve with code and how to go about implementing my ideas with different technologies.
Before the course I was working in a career that provided me with little satisfaction or enjoyment. Now, with the help and support of the Coder Factory Team, I have landed my dream job as a full stack software engineer - all within months of quitting my full time job.
I couldn't reccommend these guys highly enough. Invest your hardwork/time into them, and they will reciprocate twofold!
- Fast Track Developer Bootcamp- 11/14/2016Marshall • Campus: Sydney
I thouroughly enjoyed my time par taking in the Full time fast track course at coderfactory. I had limited coding knowledge going into the course and had only recently purchased my first mac. Now only a year later I have the ability to build and my own web apps from scratch. The instructors care about you and want you to succeed. They provide you with the best possible oppurtunity for a career change into the tech industry. Would reccommend to anyone!
- WEB APP BUILDER COURSE- 11/14/2016Noemi Alvarez • Graduate • Campus: Sydney
My return to programming has been made much easier with the help of the Coder Factory. I had been previously a developer for over 6 years but I ended up changing careers for a while. However, recently fell in love with programming again. I needed to right motivation and spark to get back into the industry, and decided to enrol in the Web App Development course at the Coder Factory. It's been 9 weeks and I'm loving it. The course in the first two months I was comfortable with but in this final part, we are focusing on the needs of the projects of each student, which helps to acquire knowledge about solutions in a diversity of subjects. I recommend for programmers who want to upgrade their skills and for those starting out who don't understand anything about programming, as the content has been taught in a simple, clear and effective way.
- Coder Factory Academy - 6 month fast-track bootcamp- 10/10/2016Justin Davidson • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
The 6 month Coder Factory Academy fast-track course is a great experience from start to finish. The course content is modern and relevant. Throughout the course we were introduced to many technologies, frameworks and tools, all of which I have since used and relied on as a working professional web developer.
The teachers and supporting staff are extremely knowledgeable and are only too happy to answer questions and explain concepts in detail. They encourage creativity and provoke thought from their students. Throughout the course we also had a huge number of industry professionals and mentors come in for a chat, answer our questions and give valuable industry insight.
Additionally, I was blown away with the level of support received at the end of the course in gaining employment. I feel this is an invaluable aspect of the course that can sometimes be overlooked. To have reputable contacts fighting for you to get work makes that first step into employment well within reach, and graduating with a Diploma of Software Engineering helps a lot also.
Acquiring the skills needed to become a web-developer can be daunting due to it being such a broad industry, but by doing the Coder Factory 6 month fast-track course, and by being driven and self-productive, I have no doubt that anyone can successfully become a working web-developer.
- CoderFactory Academy 6-month bootcamp- 9/11/2016Alex Karolis • Software Developer @ Event Hub Sydney • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
The CoderFactory Academy 6-month bootcamp is an intensive and thorough introduction to full-stack web development. I was part of the first cohort and recently graduated. I found the experience to be both thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding. I have also found work as a junior developer on graduating.
The course covers an array of skills that will give you the knowledge and tools you need to become employable as a full-stack web developer, or begin working on your own startup ideas.
The course begins with an overview of computer science, including some basics on computer hardware as it relates to software development. From there it quickly transitions to HTML and CSS, before moving to programming fundamentals with an emphasis on Ruby. The majority of the course, particularly in the begining, is based around creating full-stack web applications using Ruby on Rails. The scope is broad, and covers everything from the database layer, through to the front-end interface.
There is plenty of advice on how to use databases, including SQL and noSQL, building a CRUD application, and creating elegant UX/UI design. There is also scope, throughout the course, to pick up trending technologies like Angular and React.
Towards the end of the course, you are encouraged to broaden your skills toward your particular strengths and passion. I focused heavily on NodeJS and ReactJS, and was well supported by the team.
Another strength of the course is the interaction you will get with developers within the industry, which I found provided valuable insights. Most importantly, the teachers and fellow students are fantastic fun to be around, and were one of the most valuable assets of the course. In particular Pete Argent, Trent Shields, Dan Siepen, and Steph Schaffer were fantastic as teachers and mentors throughout the course, and were invaluable in preparing me for working as a developer upon graduation. My fellow students were also a fantastic bunch from a broad range of backgrounds, and I doubt I would have been successful without their support. I have come out of the course with great friends and good memories.
In the end, the course is what you make it. Hard work and a good attitude will go a long way toward preparing you for work as a developer. The CoderFactory Academy is the perfect place for you if you are ready to put in the effort. The support and knowledge they provide will give you what you need to succeed. Cannot recommend them highly enough.
- Hands down, the best way to learn.- 8/1/2016Aaron Takizad • Student & Intern • Course: Web App Builder • Campus: Sydney
I'm currently attending the Part-Time Web App Developer Course and it is by far the best web development course I have experienced, mainly for these reasons:
- Students are given after-hours support via Slack
- The latest web development technologies are taught with best practices (already teaching Rails 5!)
- Unlike most bootcamps, the teachers go into the necessary Comp Sci theory to produce better developers.
- I've also seen other students who have missed classes be given the opportunity to catch up via 1-on-1 instruction after classes!
- We're given the best resources out there in order to develop our skills outside class, along with detailed class notes for each lesson so we can prepare ourselves for next class.
- Hands-On Experience- 1/14/2016Arunava Das • Graduate • Campus: Sydney
- Great Ruby on Rails Course!- 1/14/2016Neil • Graduate • Campus: Sydney
- Master's Class- 3/27/2015Hugh Jones • Owner • Graduate
Check out Coder Foundry if you are serious about upgrading your skills and getting a great job.
- An Actually Honest Review- 2/7/2019Anonymous • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne
Just a heads up for those people reading through these reviews, I'd like to suggest taking them with a grain of salt. I've spoken with a number of these people leaving reviews throughout the course and they've said many things which leaves me baffled as to why they would leave 5 star reviews. I imagine it's a combination of them forgetting how they felt throughout the course, just being happy now that they are nearing its completion, or being concerned that there will be negative ramifications if they leave a negative (or accurate) review.
- I've learnt a lot and am ultimately happy I've done the course.
- I've been placed into an internship at a great company which could set me up for moving into the industry.
- Met great people throughout the course
- The teachers make themselves easily available to message any day of the week if you have any questions about the content (although I feel like this could also lead to burnout as they don't necessarily take as much time away from the course as they need to).
- Feedback was recieved and action taken when people were unhappy with a number of things (so this means the below cons may have been mitigated somewhat). However, this took a long time to happen and numerous complaints and discomfort during classtimes (it was clear the lead teacher had read negative feedback and made a number of passive agressive and self-deprecating comments as a result).
- Course content was all over the place with no clear structure of what was going on from day to day.
- A teacher was let go during the course. I'd speculate that that was in relation to his behaviour in class, lack of willingness to record videos of the lectures, and general attitude. During the teachers deterioration, the number of students showing up to class dropped significantly because people found it more useful trying to self-learn (I understand that self-learning is a part of becoming a web developer but I signed up to the course so I didn't have to purchase additional online courses.)
- CSS teaching was really disappointing, at that point I considered leaving the course because we were just told to play online CSS games and were just watching videos in class (we could do this at home).
- The teachers were clairly unhappy with how management operated in Sydney, which as a student I didn't need to be exposed to. Would have been more professional to deal with it in meetings rather than being vocal about it in class (which distracted from the reason we were here).
- Communication from those providing job assistance was lacklustre. We were provided example CVs hours before we were told we needed to submit our own (and the examples didn't relate exactly to our situation because they were post-internship CVs and we were applying for our internships). I'm about to start my internship in a week and do not have the email of the person I will be working for and am not even sure what time I will be starting (the job assistance has however told me they have scheduled an email for next week).
- Mentor talks were hit and miss and we were often convinced to show up to class without them saying what for (this is because they often weren't great).
- Teachers suggested we do a number of things just to tick boxes rather than put a positive spin on the fact that we were learning skills that might be useful. Discrete maths was just something we "needed to remember for the test" but it cost us a lot of money to be here so I'd prefer they emphasise the fact that this could be useful in software development.
- The way people were assigned to internships seemed like a lucky dip with people who I know are capable web developers not receiving any interviews while others recieved 3.
- Life Changing Experience- 5/21/2018Anonymous • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
My time at Coder Academy was one of the best experiences of my life! I made life long friends, got employed but most importantly I rediscovered my passion for learning.
Before going to Coder Academy, I was working a job that I had no passion for, or was challenged in. I had finished University and thought I can't be doing this for the rest of my life. I had no idea on how to code, or even the mindset you should take when tackling these big problems. My friend was a developer and I was always interested in the problems they solved, so I decided to give Coder Academy a real go.
In my opinion, Coder Academy really separates itself from the pack for 4 key reasons.
1) The staff are amazing, and really care about you as a person and want you to succeed. One of the annoying things about finishing is I don't see them as much as I use to!
2) You will be surrounded by like minded people who you really learn from and grow with. This sort of environment will expedite your learning!
3) 27 Weeks instead of 12 weeks like other bootcamps. In my opinion the concepts you cover cannot be absorbed in 12 weeks and I really enjoyed the longer time.
4) The internship! I was not hired where I interned, however the learning experience was fantastic. Lucky enough I was able to get a job after because of the contacts provided for me by Coder Academy.
You get what you put in, and if you truly immerse yourself in this experience I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Ask lots of questions! Go to meet-ups! Go to Hackathons! You are in a place where your learning is number one priority and if you make it yours then good things will naturally follow.
Overall, the course will not teach you everything about coding, but that's not what is important. What is important is learning how to learn and loving it, since that's what your life will be as a developer. This is a fantastic launching pad for your career and I wish anyone who does it good luck and to have fun!