Coder Academy is an accredited Australian coding bootcamp located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. The programming bootcamp offers a six-month 'Fast Track' program split into four sections covering computer science fundamentals and two full technology stacks – Ruby on Rails and MERN (Mongo, Express, React, and Node), as well as ReactJS.
Coder Academy teaches students in-demand skills with the goal of producing well-rounded, full stack developers. Students engage in face-to-face learning by industry experts using project-based coursework from successful bootcamps in Silicon Valley. Each student also partakes in a one-month internship placement in a real dev environment with a startup or tech company.
Coder Academy equips students with the most relevant programming skills and provides them with job readiness skills, networking opportunities, and career guidance.
Recent Coder Academy Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent Coder Academy News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2020!
- Episode 13: April 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
- How to Get Work Experience Before You Graduate from Coding Bootcamp
- HTML, CSS, Penetration Testing, Virtualization, Mobile Security, Data Structures, Network Security, SQL, Python
In PersonFull Time21 Hours/week40 Weeks
Start Date May 14, 2020 Cost $19,980 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCyber security is the fastest growing field of the information technology sector in which positions can't be filled fast enough. With the amount of data breaches, malware samples and hackers growing every year, the industry is frantically trying to employ experts who can defend against this new wave of cyber-crime. With estimates of 3.5 million unfilled cyber jobs by 2021, now is the perfect time to be trained or upskilled into a high paying, vitally important position. Coder Academy's Cyber Security Bootcamp is the first of its kind in Australia! The 7-month long, immersive, practical bootcamp will prepare those with an interest and passion in IT and cyber security for a career in one of the world's fastest growing and essential industries. With material created by Cyberscience and the course led by industry experts, the Cyber Security Bootcamp will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to launch your career. The course also includes an optional 1-month internship, offering all students the opportunity to experience put their skills to the test within startups, tech companies, and large organisations. In undertaking the Cyber Security Bootcamp students will also study the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development as part of the program. Successful completion of assessments will lead to the awarding of the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP government loans available for eligible domestic students. Find out more here: https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help Tuition Plans Installment payments available (4 equal payments - 1 payment per term) Scholarship One Diversity Scholarship available per intake covering 50% of full tuition fees.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work Pre-work will be distributed once student enrollment has been processed. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 14, 2020 - Sydney Apply by April 9, 2020May 14, 2020 - Melbourne Apply by April 9, 2020May 14, 2020 - Brisbane Apply by April 9, 2020
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week25 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $19,900 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCoder Academy has joined forces with the Academy of Information Technology (AIT) to bring you Australia’s only accredited coding bootcamp. Bootcamp-style learning has been proven successful in the United States as the most direct pathway for students with no prior coding experience to become employable developers in only a few months. Whether you want to up-skill, create a start-up, build an app, join a leading tech company, or travel the world as a digital nomad, Coder Academy provides you with the in-demand tools and cutting edge knowledge you’ll need for a lucrative career. Our full time Fast Track course offers revolutionary technology education in a collaborative and immersive environment, combined with the accreditation of Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and a nationally recognised higher ed Diploma of Information Technology.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans Installment Plan Scholarship 50% Women in Tech scholarship available to one female applicant per intake per campus
Minimum Skill Level HTML & CSS preferred Prep Work You will be sent out pre-work to complete upon your enrollment into the course. Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time21 Hours/week47 Weeks
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP is available to eligible students Tuition Plans Instalment payments available Scholarship 1 Diversity Scholarship available per intake to eligible Australian citizens covering 50% of tuition fees
Minimum Skill Level None, but HTML/CSS preferred Prep Work Pre-work might be required Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMarch 23, 2020 - Brisbane Apply by March 16, 2020March 23, 2020 - Sydney Apply by March 16, 2020March 23, 2020 - Melbourne Apply by March 16, 2020
Coder Academy Reviews
101 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Fast Track Sydney- 2/7/2020Max P • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
As a recent grad of Coder Academy Sydney I can attest to the great reputation and reviews the course has. It has been influential on changing my study process, and has opened me up to a new world of learning and opportunity.
The course can be quite intense, and the immersion of a full 9-5 week coding is a great method of getting students in a mindframe of learning large amounts of content in a short period. There is a heavy emphasis on networking and industry skills, as well as a constantly updated curriculum ensuring you are studying the latest industry standards, which I believe is a great asset not afforded to traditional university students.
The internship at the end of the course is also both a great motivating factor during study, as well as an invaluable opportunity to get your foot in the door of industry and continue your learning in a supportive environment.
- It was really full on- 2/7/2020Wayne • Full stack developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
- A great experience for all.- 2/7/2020Phillip • Student • Course: Flex Track Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
- Career change ready- 7/25/2019Alex Baulderstone • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
I’ve undertaken a bit of tertiary study and this was by far my favourite – and most challenging – experience. The curriculum is incredibly up to date, relevant to industry trends and best practices, and well designed. Although the pace is lightning fast, the deep immersion learning environment helps you learn at a speed you wouldn’t have thought possible; I feel like I’ve picked up more here in the last six months than I over three years at university.
The coursework is seamlessly integrated with industry relevant learning that is peripheral coding: git and version control, agile development methodologies, project management, and a whole host of other skills that make a great developer.
It’s a big commitment and you’ll get out of it what you put in, but the staff are passionate about sharing their skills, adept at teaching, and incredibly generous and supportive. Even if I was struggling with a concept I never felt out of my depth as I knew I had a solid support system to help me.
- CoderAcademy- 7/25/2019Nathaniel • Graduate • Campus: Sydney
- Juanma • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
I strongly recommend this course to everyone trying to enter the dev industry. The teaching techniques were so unfamiliar, original and innovative for a guy of the old continent, that it has been an eye-opening experience.
Moreover the staff encourages such a nice and supportive environment that it spreads through all the cohourt.
Better course of all my life.
- Best place to learn coding!- 7/25/2019Tyson • Full Stack Web Developer • Student • Campus: Sydney
I just completed the Fast Track Coding Bootcamp and feel my brain is about to burst from all the knowledge crammed into my mind but I can honestly say it was worth it.
After only 5 months of learning, I am already able to easily communicate with other senior devs and tech people in the community and actually understand what they are talking about.
It was definitely worth the investment.
- A lot better than my experience at uni- 7/25/2019John • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
After a few years out of study and looking into getting a career in web development, I researched several different options. I initially enrolled in a master's at university, but after a few weeks of class and looking at the curriculum I felt that the content was too shallow and would not get me to where I wanted. So I looked into bootcamps, Coder Academy had a good curriculum and the length of the course felt appropriate compared to the other bootcamps.
Six months later, I have now completed the course and I can say it's the best educational program I've done, the content is very relevant and up-to-date and the environment is very friendly and supportive. I made a lot of good friends and learned a lot. So I would definitely recommend this course to people wanting to get into web development that want a more practical education or don't have the time to commit three years for a degree.
- Changing countries && careers- 7/25/2019Bruce McClure • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
From a professional perspective:
CA has an incredible program that enables its students to enter into the web development world. I would highly reccormend this course. Some aspects to be made aware of are: the 6 month time period (anything shorter is insane), they help place you in an internship and finally it is acreddited which means you finsish with a diploma. The educators are well prepared and have extensive industry experience. The administative staff are professional and very welcoming.
From a culture perspective:
I moved to Australia a few days before starting this course. I made friends within the first day that will last a lifetie. There are few experiences that can compare to CA.
- What a Rollercoaster- 7/25/2019Ari • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
It's insane to think of how much I've learned and how far I've come over the course of the past six months as a student of Coder Academy's Fast Track program (first half 2019). I went from not knowing how to code to having an understanding of two separate programming languages, html, css, and varioous web development frameworks. I still consider myself a beginner programmer, but Fast Track allowed me to jump start my career and set me on a path of lifelong learning with a strong nudge in the right direction.
If you're considering Web Development as a career path, I cannot speak highly enough of the Coder Academy course. One thing I will say is this - if you enrol and you want to make the most of it, you MUST revise what you are learning, continually. You will come far without revision, but if you truly wish to maximise your learning, then revise revise revise. Revise, and supplement your learning outside of class, and you will emerge from the course a confident junior level (or even mid to senior level) developer.
- Fast Track Bootcamp- 2/8/2019B • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne
- Coder Academy review- 2/8/2019Mike McCallum • Past production assistant • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: SydneyJoining this bootcamp was probably the best decision I've made in my adult life. I was in limbo thinking of changing careers and did not know if I could actually learn coding after already doing a degree in University. Let me tell you I was completely wrong and that this course was so worth it. The instructors here are amazing and very knowledgeable. They are trained to teach people that have never written a single line of code. After 6 months I can confidently say I am a programmer and can't wait to start on this new career journey.
- I made the leap - so should you- 2/7/2019Hamish • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
I vividly remember jumping on course report around 7 months ago, looking for some inspiration. I was keen to do development of some kind, but I barely knew how to turn a computer on at that time. I couldn’t believe some of the courses that told me I’d go from zero to developer in a month or 2. Then I stumbled across Coder’s 6 month course and thought I’d give it a crack.
Yesterday marked the last day of class, and I’ve got to say, I’m wildly impressed. Having slugged away for 5 years in university, where you’re just a student number to them, and you get cut off as soon as you finish your last exam, the classroom feel Coder has managed to achieve is phenomenal. Garret (the lead educator) is one of the best teachers and guides I’ve ever had. He’s always keen to learn, so you’re always getting up to date material. The patience he has makes you feel like it’s a 1-on-1 class at times. The support and good times don’t stop there. The rest of the staff will always checkin, make you’re fine, and have a laugh. All this makes the learning experience exceptional, and I can say that not only can I turn a computer on, I can also create real world web apps!
My advice to anyone taking the time to read this essay - commit. It’s 40hrs/week plus self-guides learning. If you’re like me, and had been living the traditional student life up til now, this will be a shock, BUT, if you get stuck in and put the effort in, the results will astound you.
My last note, when searching myself, the money was something that turned me off slightly. I actually ended up doing some calculations and realized that my whole uni degree (bachelor of business) had 864 contact hours, where as Coder has 840...and uni cost a hell of alot more than this!
- A change in direction- 2/7/2019Sinan Canselen • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
I started CA Bootcamp to start anew. I was studying marketing in Istanbul Bilgi Uni., I had a passion for coding and I came here to explore it. And my exploration has been massive. Even though the learning process in such a short time is quite hard, Coder Academy's experienced and good staff will deliver on their promises.
This course has changed the path of my life, it thought me how to think in means of coding language and computer logic. And I believe it thought me how to self learn and keep updated to any coding language other than C++.
I would recommend this to both domestic and international people who are passionate about coding and looking to take on the course where they would get to do their passion for the rest of life this is your kick starter.
- Fast paced and intense- 2/7/2019Shakti Gurung • Aspiring Full Stack developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
- Coder Academy- 2/7/2019Tyson Hofstetter • Student • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
I am happy with my decision to do the coder academy fasttrack bootcamp. I have learnt alot over ther past 6 month, when I started i had very little knowledge of coding and now can build my own working websites and applications.
Would definitely recommend!!!
- Amazing Experience- 2/7/2019Ivan • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
- Awesome Learning Experience- 2/7/2019Santosh Poudyal • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
Going through 6 months of web development course was a great learning experience at Coder Academy for me. Switiching my career to a Developer, I need a solid understanding and foundation on coding which i got through this 6 months course.
The best part is the one month intership where you get to apply what you have learnt. Highly recommend the course.
- Coder Academy Review- 2/7/2019David Ramsdale • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
- Worth it- 2/7/2019Xian • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne
Most of us were career changers so all of us had actively chosen to put our lives on hold to attend CoderAcademy. You'll find yourself going to school with people who really wanted to be there, and that in turn kept me going when I was down. The teachers wanted to see you succeed and most of them stayed back to give extra help to those who needed it. There were lots of highs and lows, a really intense but overall great experience and it flew by in the blink of an eye.
- A great decision- 2/7/2019Beth : ) • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane
This course is great if you aren't sure what you want to do. The instructors not only teach valuble content but also share their coding and industry experiences. They bring in mentors that are kind and willing to get involved with our journeys as well. Completely organised everyday and quick to adapt to any changes these instructors are Rockstars. You have to be prepared for hard work and daily information overloads Overall if you're interested 6 moths goes insanely quick when you are a part of a great cohort that accepts you and encourages growth.
- DO IT!- 2/7/2019Michelle • Graduate Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane
I have loved being apart of the Coder Academy family. It is an incredibly supportive and fun community to be apart of and learn in. I have done previous study at a university, but it does not compare to the personal relationships formed between students and educators, the application of real life practical skills as well as having mentors and connections within the industry that you get from Coder Academy. It is definitely worth it and I would encourage anyone and everyone to look at Coder Academy to kickstart a career change into the tech industry.
- Great Support- 10/10/2018AndresRG • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
Coder Academy Fast Track is one of the biggest challenges I have faced during my professional life. Over the course you get to learn new technologies almost everyday, giving you the edge to become a proficient full stack developer. But all comes at a price, you need to be motivated, you need to be focused, you need to love challenges and you need to be a team player. Thanks to the teachers, the support staff and my fellow students, this journey has been hard, yet thoroughly enjoyable and very rewarding.
- Career change gamble success- 9/19/2018Isaac • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane
Be me. Late 30s
Fed up with my shallow career path in woodworking, graphic design or 3d printing
I wanted something new
Not interested in 4 year degree. Ain’t got time for that shit. Gotta go fast.
Looked at coder boot camps and found one near me. Not many reviews, bit of a gamble.
Applied, got in and fell in love in the first week.
Intense classes, fantastic teachers and mentors. Taught me the skills to use in coding every day and helped me land a job 2 months before the course was over.
In a killer job and I love it!
Totally recommend it! Do it if you’re keen to hustle and learn intensely and want a job coding!
- Give me back my money- 5/7/2018Peter • Junior .NET developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
Teachers were as good as they can be for people that have no direction. They didn't even know what they were teaching the following day making it hard to keep up. The General Manager was useless as can be. After raising concerns she had told me it's my problem and to suck it up. Very unprofessional. I attained my own internship as their program isn't a part of the course anymore and I wasn't informed. This is just free labour now and I tell the host organisations to be very careful taking on interns as they could get into trouble from fair work and it is out of their control because of the lies Coder Academy sells to the companies. Beware, people, alot of money and time off a paid position for something you can learn on LinkedIn or Udeny or the many other courses available. There is a reason GA is number one in the market. They know what they are doing and following the rules and regulations of education.