Coder Academy is an accredited Australian coding bootcamp located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. The programming bootcamp offers a six-month 'Fast Track' program split into four sections covering computer science fundamentals and two full technology stacks – Ruby on Rails and MERN (Mongo, Express, React, and Node), as well as ReactJS.
Coder Academy teaches students in-demand skills with the goal of producing well-rounded, full stack developers. Students engage in face-to-face learning by industry experts using project-based coursework from successful bootcamps in Silicon Valley. Each student also partakes in a one-month internship placement in a real dev environment with a startup or tech company.
Coder Academy equips students with the most relevant programming skills and provides them with job readiness skills, networking opportunities, and career guidance.
Recent Coder Academy Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent Coder Academy News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2020!
- Episode 13: April 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
- How to Get Work Experience Before You Graduate from Coding Bootcamp
- HTML, CSS, Penetration Testing, Virtualization, Mobile Security, Data Structures, Network Security, SQL, Python
In PersonFull Time21 Hours/week40 Weeks
Start Date May 14, 2020 Cost $19,980 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCyber security is the fastest growing field of the information technology sector in which positions can't be filled fast enough. With the amount of data breaches, malware samples and hackers growing every year, the industry is frantically trying to employ experts who can defend against this new wave of cyber-crime. With estimates of 3.5 million unfilled cyber jobs by 2021, now is the perfect time to be trained or upskilled into a high paying, vitally important position. Coder Academy's Cyber Security Bootcamp is the first of its kind in Australia! The 7-month long, immersive, practical bootcamp will prepare those with an interest and passion in IT and cyber security for a career in one of the world's fastest growing and essential industries. With material created by Cyberscience and the course led by industry experts, the Cyber Security Bootcamp will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to launch your career. The course also includes an optional 1-month internship, offering all students the opportunity to experience put their skills to the test within startups, tech companies, and large organisations. In undertaking the Cyber Security Bootcamp students will also study the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development as part of the program. Successful completion of assessments will lead to the awarding of the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP government loans available for eligible domestic students. Find out more here: https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help Tuition Plans Installment payments available (4 equal payments - 1 payment per term) Scholarship One Diversity Scholarship available per intake covering 50% of full tuition fees.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work Pre-work will be distributed once student enrollment has been processed. Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 14, 2020 - Sydney Apply by April 9, 2020May 14, 2020 - Melbourne Apply by April 9, 2020May 14, 2020 - Brisbane Apply by April 9, 2020
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week25 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $19,900 Class size 30 Location Brisbane, Sydney, MelbourneCoder Academy has joined forces with the Academy of Information Technology (AIT) to bring you Australia’s only accredited coding bootcamp. Bootcamp-style learning has been proven successful in the United States as the most direct pathway for students with no prior coding experience to become employable developers in only a few months. Whether you want to up-skill, create a start-up, build an app, join a leading tech company, or travel the world as a digital nomad, Coder Academy provides you with the in-demand tools and cutting edge knowledge you’ll need for a lucrative career. Our full time Fast Track course offers revolutionary technology education in a collaborative and immersive environment, combined with the accreditation of Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and a nationally recognised higher ed Diploma of Information Technology.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans Installment Plan Scholarship 50% Women in Tech scholarship available to one female applicant per intake per campus
Minimum Skill Level HTML & CSS preferred Prep Work You will be sent out pre-work to complete upon your enrollment into the course. Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time21 Hours/week47 Weeks
Deposit N/A FinancingFEE-HELP is available to eligible students Tuition Plans Instalment payments available Scholarship 1 Diversity Scholarship available per intake to eligible Australian citizens covering 50% of tuition fees
Minimum Skill Level None, but HTML/CSS preferred Prep Work Pre-work might be required Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMarch 23, 2020 - Brisbane Apply by March 16, 2020March 23, 2020 - Sydney Apply by March 16, 2020March 23, 2020 - Melbourne Apply by March 16, 2020
Coder Academy Reviews
101 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Coder Academy Sydney 2018-2019- 2/7/2019Adam Demirel • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- signed, a previously uncertain potential student
- Student Review- 2/7/2019David Armour • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
I have just finished a 6 month intensive web development bootcamp. Would highly recommend this course. Highly passionate and supportive teachers and support staff. Definately a life changing experience. The content covered is relevant to what is currently being used in industry and will help you get into the industry. I have been given a 1 month internship at the end of the course and am looking forward to working in the industry
- Coder Academy- 2/7/2019Luigino • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
- Dude.- 2/7/2019Sam • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
Excellent for learning base fundamentals when it comes to programming. Essentially setting you to go out on your own and understand, read and develop skillls in any programming language.
The course structure needs to be improved, as it seems teachers seem to be winging it from day to day based on any given subject. Outstanding set curriclum and layout is required.
Regarding teachers, for the whole they are very committed and accesible, always willing to help, educate and take one on one time do some white boarding so you can understand a concept in your own specific way of learning. Matt <3.
Also, only for donuts.
- Coder Academy Review- 2/7/2019Darren Lim • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via LinkedIn
The last 6 months have been such an amazing experience full of great memories and tribulations.
The bootcamp is very intensive, but you will experience first hand what pressure is like as well as the amazing support of the teachers and staff.
While there is so much to learn and continuously learn it is a great start for anyone if they wish to get a start in the world of programming
- Learn To Code- 2/7/2019Thomas Lawrence • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via LinkedIn
Bootcamp is never meant to be easy. But with great support from the teachers.
all that is left is, How bad do you want to learn? This class is run with 3 teachers that is always ready to go over subjects you don't understand, will stay back till late, if need be.
if you are looking into Coding, give this one a go.
- Coder Academy Review Feb 2019- 2/7/2019Anhar Athoi • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
This has been an amazing journey for me, I have learned more in the first month alone compared to the 6 months I was trying to learn coding on my own. The bootcamp is really intensive, the projects are crazy but you always have teachers to help you with problems. There's just so much to learn, but this was a great start to my programming journey.
- Coder Academy Review- 2/6/2019Ben • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via LinkedIn
One of the best learning experiences I've ever had the pleasure to be part of. I've learned more than I could have ever imagined in the past 6 months, and it's been hard at times but totally worth it. The instructors really care about seeing you make it and are more than willing to spend time after class or whenever to help if you're stuck. There is a strong emphasis on being comfortable if you don't get something straight away, it'll click eventually, and that's ok. 100% recommend this course and environment for anyone who is interested in coding, great people, and a 5-star learning environment. Thanks Coder Academy, I couldn't have done it without you!
- Intense, but worth it- 2/6/2019Emily • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
The bootcamp is very intensive, but its amazing how much you can learn in 6 months. The teachers are very dedicted and supportive, and the people you meet are amazing. Getting in as much practise as possible before and/or after class is a must to help you keep up with the content. There is so much I have yet to learn about coding, but the boot camp has helped set me up for the beginning of my new career.
- Intensive Bootcamp- 2/6/2019Laurence • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
The Intensive Bootcamp is a great experience and it is an incredible amount of learning packed into a short period of time. After hours work is a must for those who hope to fully understand the concepts that are covered and be sure to ask for help as the teachers and assistant educators are there to do just that are very good at their jobs!
- Nothing is Impossible- 9/23/2018Serina Ko • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via LinkedIn
I am very happy with my decision to get started with my tech journey at Coder Academy. I am a risk-taker, but at the same time I always believe that everything would go well if there's something I really want. When I found Fast track Coding bootcamp running at Coder Academy at first, I had a feeling that this is going to be a good opportunity for me to get a guide on a daily basis and make friends who have similar dreams. Yes, it was!! Every day I've found myself struggling and making a progress in the end. You will have amazing peers and teachers who are helping you be happy with your coding journey. Lots of motivations and team tasks would make you strong as time goes by. After the end of the whole classes, the internship opportunity is invaluable. I have been lucky enough to get two job offers at the end of the internship. You will find how much support you are getting from Coder Academy even when the course ends. Don't be surprised at seeing you being vulnerable if you take things hard. That's totally fine. There are always people around you at CA. I really value the course. Remember that you are not going to give up and continue to work hard even though you think it's super challenging for now. One day you will look back your past and see how amazing you are.
- Amazing experience- 9/19/2018Luke Fraser • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
After making the tough decision to switch careers into programming, I was up against very lean set of options of bootcamps in Australia. Couple of reasons why I picked Coder Academy:
1. Doing a fully immersive course for 27 weeks as opposed to 12 offered by others just made more sense to me(if you have the time).
2. An industry based interniship at the end of the course(which eventuated into an actual job for me, WOOHOO!!).
3. VET-FEE Help(I mean, come on!!).
Now, if you are shopping, here is my 2 cents.
Think of Coder Academy as launching pad. Put in the hours, dont miss a class, get involved in community events, go to meetups, get used to working in teams and you will see reap the reward at the end of the course. You will be in a set up of like minded people and learn so much from your peers. You will also have the opportunity to teach some of your classmates and share your knowledge.
This bootcamp is certainly not for everyone. You HAVE to pledge yourself to this course for 27 weeks. You must be totally commited to the cause of helping yourself to make it past the finish line. If you put in the hard yards like I did, and continue to do so in your internship(think of it more like an extended job interview) you will definitely be offered a position and will finally taste that sweet swet fruit(oh so yummy).
Is it worth it? YES.
Are the tutors great? YES.
Do they point you in the right direction? YES.
Do you learn the right things? YES.
This is a great course, and not for one second have i regretted doing it!
- Ian Khor • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
I was in the 1st Melbourne cohort and had a wonderful experience through the course. I've recommended coding to various friends & ex-colleagues and some have taken up the kickstarter courses offered as well. The lead trainer (Patrick) and teaching assistant (Ruegen) were absolutely knowledgable in various technical aspect ranging from emphasis on user experience design, solving real world business problems to executing it. So this isn't just a coding course but a journey to make you become a developer - someone who could deliver a digital solution for any businesses out there. Furthermore, Dan the cofounder is very enthusiastic about learning coding and will assist students in any way if possible - from giving guidance and connecting you with the right people. Would certainly recommend this course for people who are looking to take on the impeding digital revolution the world is facing. Lastly, Coder Factory is not only here to provide you with a technical skills but also a great journey for anyone to reach their next destination. I've made great friends along the way. Thank you again Coder Factory !
- Life Changing- 1/18/2017Tristan S • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
Without any doubt my decision to do the Fast Track course was the best decision of my life.
Learning to code is an empowering, and in my case, life changing experience. The environment created by the staff and teachers is friendly, relaxed, and extremely collaborative. The exposure to industry leaders via weekly talks is invaluable, and the internship at the end of the course has allowed me to create a network of contacts and learn how development actually happens in the real world.
In summary, Coder Factory Academy are amazing, and I owe them such a debt of gratitude for the opportunities they have provided for me.
- Above and beyond- 1/16/2017William D • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
The last 6 months that I have spent doing the fast track course for software/web development has been the most productive period of my educational experience. Coder Factory Academy supplied me with a unique learning experience that has ensured the development of my skills. The tutors who made this happen quickly built a friendship with everyone in the class making the overall course fun and each day something to look forward to. Upon finishing my last semester of classes, I realised I had come from knowing absolutely nothing to having a clear view of where I was heading, with a newfound confidence in my ability to achieve. The support did not end there however as the academy began networking with dozens of companies to ensure we all had internships, allowing us a foot in the door of our industry. I have never known a school to be so effective and supportive and absolutely have to recommend Coder Factory to anybody thinking of walking down the path of a developer.
- learn to code- 1/13/2017Will C • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
enjoyable experience, friendly classmates and teachers who were willing to help you as you go along. There will be industry guest mentors coming in to talk to you about life as a coder and how you can get your foot on the door. Flexibility in the major project work where you can create anything you want using the required tech stacks. If you're looking to learn how to code, this is a great place to start. They also throw you into an internship in last semester where you can see how a company tech team operates and increate your network etc. Also our class still catch up now and then for good banter and beers!
- Code is life.- 1/10/2017Rob H • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
The staff here are an amazing bunch of people! Each and every one of them take the time to go through any problems you may run into, even when it's just a missed comma or typo.
The most important part of the course is the industry connections you get from all the guest mentors that come in. They make sure to tailor the talks to what you're learning so it stays relevant but also gives you industry perspective.
Be sure to come in with an open mind and the aptitude of a keen learner as you will most definitely need all the patience you can muster when getting re-skilled as a developer.
Having said that, it will pay off exponentially in the long-run as these skills will most definitely remain in high demand for the foreseeable future.
- A great course to career change!- 2/9/2020chelsea • student intern • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: SydneyI finished the Fast Track course last week feeling motivated to walk into my internship and contribute to a real-world project. The course is great for those who are interested in web development and who want to learn the building blocks for logical thinking in coding as taught through Coder Academy’s computer science fundamentals class. I’d recommend this course to anyone interested in career changing to web development.
- Be the best that you can be- 2/7/2020Stanley Huang • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: MelbourneIt's an excellent education institution that bridges the gap between a novice to a junior software engineer. The educators Harrison, Ryan, Roddy and Anhar at the academy are supportive and knowledgeable.
Not only do they offer great training but what make Coder Academy stand out is the placement of an Internship at the end of the course. I was fortunately enough to get a placement thanks to all the help that I received from the educators and Andrew whom was in charge of securing the internship placement.
Overall experience was a positive one in terms of learning and getting an internship. Thanks again to everyone at Coder Academy for the help and support!
- You only get out what you put in- 2/7/2020Mark Ball • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: SydneyThe well-known quote: 'you only get out what you put in' describes the experience at Coder Academy perfectly.
I studied the Fast Track course at Coder Academy in the August 2019 - February 2020 cohort. The course was intense, but for those who put in the work each week, the pace of learning was incredible. I have never learned so fast in my life.
- Fast Track programme- 2/7/2020Nina • Student • Campus: SydneyThere was balance between the depth and breadth of covered topics. We learned modern technologies close enough to be able to learn patterns, which we can then see and apply in other areas. And this is great, because this is what university education is expected to do.
The teachers and staff were great!
- Bootcamp- 2/7/2020Ellie
- A transformative experience- 2/7/2020Dale Thompson • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney
- Best decision I've made- 2/7/2020Harry • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney