coder-academy-logo

Coder Academy

Brisbane, Melbourne, Online, Sydney

Coder Academy

Coder Academy is an accredited Australian coding education provider offering on campus bootcamps in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane as well as online. Coder Academy offers the choice of 6-month Fast Track or 10-month Flex Track accredited programming bootcamps covering HTML, CSS, Ruby, Rails, Git, JavaScript, APIs, MongoDB, Node.js, Mongoose, Express.js, React and Redux. Coder Academy also offers Australia’s first Diploma of IT with a focus on DevOps covering Code, Cloud and Cyber Security (CCC). The CCC bootcamp is delivered online via a virtual classroom across 10-month duration.

Coder Academy equips students with the most relevant programming skills and provides them with job readiness skills, networking opportunities, and career guidance.

Recent Coder Academy Reviews: Rating 4.72

all (110) reviews for Coder Academy →

Recent Coder Academy News

Read all (7) articles about Coder Academy →
  • Code, Cloud & Cyber Bootcamp

Start Date May 13, 2021
    Coder Academy's Code, Cloud and Cyber Bootcamp is the first of it's kind in Australia offering an accredited Diploma of IT with a focus on DevOps. This bootcamp is delivered online via a virtual classroom across 10 months with a study commitment of 21 hrs pw. This bootcamp is for anyone wanting to become a cyber-aware Back End Developer capable of building scalable cloud solutions in just 10 months. Our developers graduate with a nationally recognised higher-ed Diploma of IT, a chance to sit the esteemed AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam, and the opportunity to participate in a 1 month optional internship in industry. Subjects highlights: - Operating Systems - Web Domains & Hosting - Coding Fundamentals - Python - CSS & HTML - Analysis of Algorithms - Symbolic Logic - Network architecture - DevOps - Cyber Security - Encryption/Decryption algorithms - Automated deployments - SQL - Cloud computing fundamentals - Architecture Security - Software engineering projects Career pathways: - Back End Developer/Engineer - DevOps Engineer - DevSecOps Engineer - Cloud Engineer Why Code, Cloud and Cyber? Every year, more and more of us are storing our personal and company data “in the Cloud”. According to CIO, 2018 saw 96% of businesses implement cloud computing to make sure employees had easier access to company-wide data from anywhere, at anytime. For individuals, cloud technologies have also become the new normal. Many of us continue to migrate to the cloud so that the 2.5 billion gigabytes of data we produce daily is stored safely. However, such enormous growth comes at a price. Year on year, cyber attacks and data breaches have grown just as aggressively and quickly as cloud technologies. The first half of 2019 saw 4.1 billion records exposed, and the threat of cyber security risks is not looking to decrease anytime soon. With countries like Australia only having 7% of the cyber security talent it needs, it’s important we begin to equip ourselves with the skills we need to keep our organisations and citizens safe. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
    FEE-HELP government loans available for eligible domestic students. Find out more here: https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help
    Tuition PlansInstallment payments available (4 equal payments - 1 payment per term)
    ScholarshipOne Diversity Scholarship available per intake covering 50% of full tuition fees.
    Prep WorkPre-work will be distributed once student enrollment has been processed.
    May 13, 2021 - Online
  • Fast Track Coding Bootcamp

LocationSydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
    Coder Academy's Bootcamps are designed for up-skillers, career changers and those wanting to return to the workforce in Tech roles. Our Fast Track bootcamp is for anyone looking to fast track their career in Tech. Fast Track has two intakes a year (Feb & August) and runs for 6 months with a commitment of 35 hrs of study per week. This course could be for you if... - you have recently left school and want a career in technology - you want to pivot into a career in tech - you want to get into tech following a career break - you are a great problem solver & high achiever, but need to build confidence in 21st century skills KEY LEARNING CONCEPTS • Learn to think logically and critically • Full-stack web development • Computer science fundamentals • Database design and architecture • How to develop a web application • Learn to integrate third party applications (APIs) • Utilise cloud based deployment systems • Mobile technology application fundamentals • Develop and apply project management skills • Perform real coding challenges • Practise interview skills HANDS-ON, ENGAGING LEARNING Focus on honing your coding skills in a collaborative and inspiring environment with like-minded classmates. MEET THE EXPERTS Foster strong industry relationships through Coder Academy’s network. With access to contacts from top tier tech companies, students develop meaningful connections with expert educators, mentors, guest speakers, and industry partners. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT Australia has a tight-knit developer community for students to get involved in. Set yourself apart by building valuable experience while you learn. Attend industry excursions, local hackathons, and other tech events. IN-DEMAND TECH SKILLS Graduate with the most in-demand, industry relevant set of programming skills – HTML, CSS, Ruby, Rails, Git, JavaScript, APIs, MongoDB, Node.js, Mongoose, Express.js, React and Redux. CONNECTION TO INDUSTRY To enhance student learning, a key component of our bootcamps is introducing students to experts from industry and getting them comfortable with what is expected in the workplace. Coder Academy brings in numerous mentors from big tech companies like Atlassian, Gumtree Australia, and Amazon Web Services, and more, as well representatives from startups and agencies. Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to partake in community tech events like hackathons, Meetups, and excursions. INTERNSHIP PROGRAM Unlike most education providers, Coder Academy is passionate about ensuring all of our students gain industry experience during the course of their study. During our Bootcamps students have the opportunity to partake in a 4-week long internship in order to build connections, and better understand the demands and opportunities in the workplace. Students are matched with appropriate industry partners based on their career aspirations and performance during the bootcamp. Our full time Fast Track bootcamp offers revolutionary technology education in a collaborative and immersive environment, combined with the accreditation of Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and a nationally recognised higher ed Diploma of Information Technology. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
    Tuition PlansInstallment Plan
    Scholarship50% Women in Tech scholarship available to one female applicant per intake per campus
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML & CSS preferred
    Prep WorkYou will be sent out pre-work to complete upon your enrollment into the course.
  • Flex Track Coding Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, User Experience Design, CSS, Express.js, Node.js, Front End, Ruby
    LocationSydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
    Coder Academy's Bootcamps are designed for up-skillers, career changers and those wanting to return to the workforce in Tech roles. Our Flex Track bootcamp is for anyone looking for a bit of flexibility around their study. Flex Track has two intakes a year (March & October) and runs for 10 months with a commitment of 21 hrs of study per week. This course could be for you if... - you have recently left school and want a career in technology - you want to pivot into a career in tech - you want to get into tech following a career break - you are a great problem solver & high achiever, but need to build confidence in 21st century skills KEY LEARNING CONCEPTS • Learn to think logically and critically • Full-stack web development • Computer science fundamentals • Database design and architecture • How to develop a web application • Learn to integrate third party applications (APIs) • Utilise cloud based deployment systems • Mobile technology application fundamentals • Develop and apply project management skills • Perform real coding challenges • Practise interview skills HANDS-ON, ENGAGING LEARNING Focus on honing your coding skills in a collaborative and inspiring environment with like-minded classmates. MEET THE EXPERTS Foster strong industry relationships through Coder Academy’s network. With access to contacts from top tier tech companies, students develop meaningful connections with expert educators, mentors, guest speakers, and industry partners. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT Australia has a tight-knit developer community for students to get involved in. Set yourself apart by building valuable experience while you learn. Attend industry excursions, local hackathons, and other tech events. IN-DEMAND TECH SKILLS Graduate with the most in-demand, industry relevant set of programming skills – HTML, CSS, Ruby, Rails, Git, JavaScript, APIs, MongoDB, Node.js, Mongoose, Express.js, React and Redux. CONNECTION TO INDUSTRY To enhance student learning, a key component of our bootcamps is introducing students to experts from industry and getting them comfortable with what is expected in the workplace. Coder Academy brings in numerous mentors from big tech companies like Atlassian, Gumtree Australia, and Amazon Web Services, and more, as well representatives from startups and agencies. Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to partake in community tech events like hackathons, Meetups, and excursions. INTERNSHIP PROGRAM Unlike most education providers, Coder Academy is passionate about ensuring all of our students gain industry experience during the course of their study. During our Bootcamps students have the opportunity to partake in a 4-week long internship in order to build connections, and better understand the demands and opportunities in the workplace. Students are matched with appropriate industry partners based on their career aspirations and performance during the bootcamp. Our part-time Flex Track bootcamp offers revolutionary technology education in a collaborative and immersive environment, combined with the accreditation of Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and a nationally recognised higher ed Diploma of Information Technology. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
    FEE-HELP is available to eligible students
    Tuition PlansInstalment payments available
    Scholarship1 Diversity Scholarship available per intake to eligible Australian citizens covering 50% of tuition fees
    Minimum Skill LevelNone, but HTML/CSS preferred
    Prep WorkPre-work might be required
  • Full Stack Bootcamp
    - 12/14/2020
    Stephanie Pruna  User Photo
    Stephanie Pruna • Infrastructure Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course was excellent and focused on everything you need to be able to successfully gain an internship or junior role. The mentoring was amazing and they were excellent at helping us to be job ready. I was also extremely impressed at how well they transitioned to online learning during the pandemic.
  • Great experience
    - 12/14/2020
    Susu  User Photo
    Susu • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Highly fast paced bootcamp that equipped me with the right skills in order to pivot into the tech industry. Teachers were amazing and explained the concepts well.

In retrospect, I would choose flex track course so that I could have better balance between work commitments and study, allowing me to spend more time on side projects.

Nonetheless, a great bootcamp that gave me the right skills to land a job within the tech industry.
  • Achin Mandotia  User Photo
    Achin Mandotia • Full stack developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have a Master’s degree in Information Systems and when I graduated, I realised that I lack the required business experience and technical experience to get a job. It was a heart-breaking moment for me and the only job that I could get was in IT support. I worked there for a year and I did excel while working there. I was an IT helpdesk support technician and was working in Perth with some of the largest multinational corporations such as Chevron and BHP Billiton. I was highly paid but did not have job satisfaction. After one year I quit but didn’t want to go to University again and repeat the same cycle of lack of experience. Surprisingly, Universities cannot provide an internship to their students that lays the basic foundation for someone changing careers to get their foot in the door. Luckily, I found Coder Academy (CA) which was providing internships for all their students. It helped me bridge the gap between education and industry. I was hired after my internship by the same company and many other of my classmates also got the job via the internship. Coder Academy has included building a portfolio which is very impressive to some of my potential employers. Also, the side projects we did during the course gave me something to show my coding skills and interviewers something to talk about in the interview. It was a very intensive course and at times I felt breaking down due to pressure and timely submission of projects. Many of my classmates felt giving up the course multiple time during the course. But it was all worthwhile in the end.
    In my cohort, the course was divided into three terms. In the first term, we started the course with Ruby as it is really easy to learn and built a terminal application. Then we moved on to Ruby on Rails in the second term and built a two-sided e-commerce website. Then in the third term had MERN/PERN stack and built something of our choice. This project was supposed to be a client project to give us a feeling of the real world, but COVID happened and the project was changed.
    During the course, we got a fair amount of support from educators, but not enough. Most of the times I found myself dealing with my problems by myself. That acted as a blessing in disguise, as in the real world being independent and able to solve the coding issue fast and on my own has helped me impress my employers.
    I did feel that Ruby and Rails are a bit outdated technology and not many people use it. But guess what, as I’m writing this, I’m moving to my second job and it is in React/Rails stack. But definitely, there are few jobs for Rails and more for PHP and C# .Net stack for the backend. It would have been great to include these stacks but can be learned on my own.
    I also found that the material covered in flex track was more in details and the projects were not rushed as they were for us in the fast track. I’ll suggest someone coming from a non-technical background, it would be easier to pursue flex track which is 10 months course. It will be 4 more months compared to fast track, but definitely worth the time as the curriculum has heaps of concepts that overwhelmed many of my classmates many times during the course.
    Overall, I would say it was a great experience. It was stressful and intense and I’d say not for everyone. But if one is focused and determined, I believe it is worth the effort and time one put into it.

• Emma  User Photo
    Emma • Developer • Student Verified via GitHub
    Before completing this 6 month bootcamp I had no coding experience or knowledge. Within 6 (very fast paced, very fun!) months I have made a career change and become employed as a developer!
    Every topic covered in the course was relevant and useful in my current role now. There was a perfect mix of hands on and theoretical topics and the assessments were super relevant. The content we covered has helped in learning the fundamentals, best practises and also prepared me for interview questions.
    I am SO GLAD I did this course - I now have a career I'm super passionate and excited about in an industry that is booming.

Note, at the beginning of this course due to COVID-19 we transitioned to full-time online classroom. I was super impressed with how the classes were run after that. It was still engaging and we had all the tools we needed for remote team collaboration and also perfect practise for getting us ready for the world of remote workplaces.
  • Carlie Hamilton  User Photo
    Carlie Hamilton • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took part in the flex track at the Brisbane campus, and can not rave enough about it. Taking the course was the best decision I have ever made. It is highly practical and teaches you skills that make you desirable to future employers. This course opens doors and opportunities for you. Like anything, you get out of it what you put in.

I went from knowing HTML and CSS to being able to create fully functional web applications. Not only is the content practical, the assessment becomes your portfolio you present to employers. The course not only teaches you programming, you also learn and develop other core skills that will allow you to stand out in the workforce.

The staff at Coder Academy are supportive. Because of the small class sizes, they are able to pivot and teach you in ways that you need. Non academic staff also support you. They want you to succeed.

The course exposed me to many people in the industry and opened the door for me to get a part time software engineering role while studying, and also ultimately a full time position at the end of my course.

I can't recommend this course enough.
  • Nick Fletcher  User Photo
    Nick Fletcher • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My time at Coder Academy has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I started the course with knowing a few things about coding and by the end of it I now know how to create apps with 100's of lines of code. The people i've met over my time at Coder Academy have been such a big help with my journey and i now call them friends. The staff at Coder Academy are also one of the major reasons why I loved my time at Coder, they helped me land an amazing opportunity doing an internship at an amazing company and i'm thankful for everyone at Coder Academy for making my 6 month journey amazing. I seriously recommend anyone who wants to take up programming to give this course a shot cause you will not be disappointed.
  • Ashley  User Photo
    Ashley • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Extremely useful and practical course, taking me from a bartender with an empty Github to actually being in the industry with multiple projects under my belt. The instructors we're extremely helpful and positive and the other students we're absolutely the best. I can't recommend this course enough.
  • Alex Leybourne  User Photo
    Alex Leybourne • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     Coder Academy has been one of the best things I have done in my life, from both an Academic and Social perspective. I would have never thought you could learn and do so much within 6 months of a fast-tracked course but here I am today with more knowledge and confidence than I could have imagined. Going from knowing how to scrape together a basic Html website to creating full web applications with amazing people. If you are thinking of taking the plunge to learn web development then I can't recommend Coder Academy Enough!
  • Lukey P   User Photo
    Lukey P • Career changer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The experience at coder academy is, first and foremost, super practical. During the 5 months I've created a number of apps and am inspired to create more and more. As far as staff goes - The educators are wizards, student services are warm and fuzzy pikachus and my fellow aspiring Devs are kings and queens.  Love em all
  • Alex Kentwell  User Photo
    Alex Kentwell • Student Verified via GitHub
    It is one of the best learning environments that I have experienced through my studying over the years. The teachers are brilliant, friendly, and willing to answer almost every question you have.
    The fast teav course is challenging, but also very rewarding.

One piece of advice I would give if you get in, is ask as many questions as you can while you are there.
  • Would recommend!
    - 2/7/2020
    Ragan  User Photo
    Ragan • Student Verified via GitHub
    Had an amazing time at Coder, the teaching is excellent, up to date and well explained. The student services were super helpful and supportive throughout the course too. Would highly recommend for anyone thinking of making the jump.