Coder Academy is an accredited Australian coding bootcamp located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. The programming bootcamp offers a six-month 'Fast Track' program split into four sections covering computer science fundamentals and two full technology stacks – Ruby on Rails and MERN (Mongo, Express, React, and Node), as well as ReactJS.
Coder Academy teaches students in-demand skills with the goal of producing well-rounded, full stack developers. Students engage in face-to-face learning by industry experts using project-based coursework from successful bootcamps in Silicon Valley. Each student also partakes in a one-month internship placement in a real dev environment with a startup or tech company.
Coder Academy equips students with the most relevant programming skills and provides them with job readiness skills, networking opportunities, and career guidance.
Recent Coder Academy Reviews: Rating 4.7
Recent Coder Academy News
- Episode 13: April 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
- How to Get Work Experience Before You Graduate from Coding Bootcamp
- 8 Traits found in the Ideal Coding Bootcamp Student
In PersonFull Time24 Hours/week40 Weeks
Cyber security is the fastest growing field of the information technology sector in which positions can't be filled fast enough. With the amount of data breaches, malware samples and hackers growing every year, the industry is frantically trying to employ experts who can defend against this new wave of cyber-crime. With estimates of 3.5 million unfilled cyber jobs by 2021, now is the perfect time to be trained or upskilled into a high paying, vitally important position. Coder Academy's Cyber Security Bootcamp is the first of its kind in Australia! The 7-month long, immersive, practical bootcamp will prepare those with an interest and passion in IT and cyber security for a career in one of the world's fastest growing and essential industries. With material created by Cyberscience and the course led by industry experts, the Cyber Security Bootcamp will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to launch your career. The course also includes an optional 1-month internship, offering all students the opportunity to experience put their skills to the test within startups, tech companies, and large organisations. In undertaking the Cyber Security Bootcamp students will also study the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development as part of the program. Successful completion of assessments will lead to the awarding of the ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development. Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- FEE-HELP government loans available for eligible domestic students. Find out more here: https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help
- Tuition Plans
- Installment payments available (4 equal payments - 1 payment per term)
- One Diversity Scholarship available per intake covering 50% of full tuition fees.
- Minimum Skill Level
- - Achieved a grade of not less than 70% in at least one STEM subject in Year 12 (or equivalent); and/or - Demonstrated interest in coding and cyber security - Successful completion of a problem solving test
- Prep Work
- Pre-work will be distributed once student enrollment has been processed.
- Placement Test
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week25 Weeks
Coder Academy has joined forces with the Academy of Information Technology (AIT) to bring you Australia’s only accredited coding bootcamp. Bootcamp-style learning has been proven successful in the United States as the most direct pathway for students with no prior coding experience to become employable developers in only a few months. Whether you want to up-skill, create a start-up, build an app, join a leading tech company, or travel the world as a digital nomad, Coder Academy provides you with the in-demand tools and cutting edge knowledge you’ll need for a lucrative career. Our full time Fast Track course offers revolutionary technology education in a collaborative and immersive environment, combined with the accreditation of Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and a nationally recognised higher ed Diploma of Information Technology.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne
- Tuition Plans
- Installment Plan
- 50% Women in Tech scholarship available to one female applicant per intake per campus
- Minimum Skill Level
- HTML & CSS preferred
- Prep Work
- You will be sent out pre-work to complete upon your enrollment into the course.
- Placement Test
In PersonPart Time21 Hours/week47 Weeks
- Start Date
- October 24, 2019
- Class size
- Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne
- FEE-HELP is available to eligible students
- Tuition Plans
- Instalment payments available
- 1 Diversity Scholarship available per intake to eligible Australian citizens covering 50% of tuition fees
- Minimum Skill Level
- None, but HTML/CSS preferred
- Prep Work
- Pre-work might be required
- Placement Test
More Start DatesOctober 24, 2019 - BrisbaneApply by October 17, 2019March 23, 2020 - BrisbaneApply by March 16, 2020October 24, 2019 - SydneyApply by October 17, 2019March 23, 2020 - SydneyApply by March 16, 2020October 24, 2019 - MelbourneApply by October 17, 2019March 23, 2020 - MelbourneApply by March 16, 2020
Coder Academy Reviews
79 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Fast Track- 7/26/2019Wade • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
6 months full-time, full-stack, full-on, fully awesome.
You'll get in and get start coding from day one. You'll build full applications and learn a bunch doing so.
I'm glad I took this time to invest in myself and set off on an exciting career path with a lot of really promising areas and good growth prospects.
Tech is soo HOT right now, so just do it.
- Unbelievable Experience- 7/25/2019Sam Conway • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
Coder Academy will teach and assist you in learning in very relevant technical skills that are appiled in the real world. If you're not sure if you are "smart" enough to learn coding, this course is for you.
The learning envrioment is amazing extremely chilled and accomodating. Teachers at Coder understand how difficult it is at the beginning stages and are very patient and accomodating to answer any qestions you have.
Here are some things that you will definitley gain at the end of the bootcamp:
- Technical skills that are relevant and in demand in the real world
- Meet new amazing people that will become your friends for life
- Real world experience via internships provided by Coder Academy
- Confidence in your own ability to achieve anything
I would highly recommend anyone who is on the fence about doing a bootcamp at Coder Academy to just GO for it! it is a life changer.
- Great Bootcamp- 7/25/2019Natasha K • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
Initially, I was a bit skeptical about the quality and price of this course. But 5 months later, we have just finished our last term and I don't have any regrets. I found the course content was great and really applicable to starting a career in a new field.
The educators are great and supportive, we have learnt so much over a short span of time thanks to the practical projects and exercises we are given. I also enjoyed the other topics incorporated like mindfulness and interview skills, which are helpful for building your overall skill-base as a developer. Learning and coding can be draining energy-wise so having that mindfulness practice can really help with your productivity.
I would highly recommend the Fast Track Bootcamp to anyone looking to change their career, it's intense but very rewarding.
- Fast Track = valuable learning experience- 7/25/2019Billy Leitch • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
- Fantastic Experience- 7/25/2019Clementine • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
Coder Academy far exceeded all my expectations. The teachers and all the staff are fantastic, I was lucky to be in a great group of students and I learnt a ridiculous amount in such a short amount of time. The workload is definitely large, especially towards the end, and the timeframe is quite short (even though it's a longer course than most) but they definitely try their best to make you feel job ready. Group work does get hard at times, but you don't often work solo on a large project in the industry so I think the experience is worthwhile.
I have just graduated from the Sydney Coder Academy Fast-track web deveopment course. This course has been very influential in changing my perspective on the process of studying, getting experience and getting a job.
The course covers a very wide range of skills, and can be quite intense. Skills are updated to the latest industry standards (with some things changing from one cohort to the next, which has a distinct advantage over a 3-4 year uni degree, in which a lot of the information you learn may be irellevant by the end. The immersion into coding 9-5, monday to friday, ensures that students' mindframes are firmly rooted in programming. The friendships gained here are very important to me, and it is hard not to bond with people over these 6 months, as you are with them all the time.
The course also has a good focus on networking, going to meetups and otherwise immersing yourself in the industry, which I found to be a valuable asset in getting out there and meeting potential employers.
- Overpriced, but probably better than uni- 6/26/2019James H • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
Coder Academy's fast track bootcamp promises to teach you to be a full-stack web developer in 6 months. It does that, but I thought the course could have been better. I'll start with the good, and then get onto my gripes.
The instructors are good, for the most part. In my course we had issues with our lead teacher, but he was eventually replaced towards the end. Both the replacement teacher, and the subsitute teacher we had were excellent. The assistents were great, if a little overworked.
Now for the bad.
Too many frills. During the course we were given multiple afternoon sessions on mindfulness, and assertiveness/positivity. This isn't something that should be included in the course. We're paying Coder Academy to teach us to code, not meditate. Given that students are studying full time through the entire 6 months, I would have liked none of the self-help stuff, and less of the course costs. The Latin woman who took us through the assertiveness "training" (or whatever it was called) was atrocious.
To much pair programming, and group assignments. CA were reallly pushing pair programming during my study there. I prefer learning on my own, rather than working with another person. If the other person knows more than you, or less that you, it slows down one person from being able to learn at their own speed. Obviously its good to talk with other students and discuss solutions/ideas, but it should be infomal. Also its just plain distracting having someone look over your shoulder when you are trying to code.
The main term projects were done in groups of 2, then 3, then 4. In the batch before us, the students did the assignments individually. This would have been preferable, as the group projects inevitably end up in drama and conflict. Its easier for the staff to assist the groups, but harder on the students. Maybe keeping assignments to pairs would be a good compromise. CA will argue that they are getting you "job ready" by doing this, but student projects aren't the same as work projects, as you can't get fired, and there isn't a boss in a student project.
The classroom is pretty small with all the students (hope you aren't claustraphobic), and you'll need to get all your own equipment, adding to the cost of the course.
Afterwards, CA did help me find a job. But be aware that it will be very hard for you to get a job as a junior dev, after you graduate.
- My best choice in 2018- 2/11/2019Jessica Alves • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
When I chose to change my career I didn't imagine that I could choose a course that fits my needs so well. But Coder Academy surprised me with great educators, projects to really practice coding skills, and most importantly: support for learning to deal with the real coding world. I strongly recommend Coder Academy's Fast Track Coding Bootcamp.
- Best thing I've ever done.- 2/7/2019Kieran Lockyer • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via LinkedInI've just completed the main section of the coder academy fast track bootcamp and am about to embark on the internship coder academy set up for me. I can thoroughly recommend coder academy to anyone looking to become a full stack developer. The curriculum is robust, the teachers are fantastic, and the support structure is great. I feel very confident in my ability to produce quality code and get a full time job within the next month.
- A challenge that is worth the outcome- 2/7/2019Mr. Dexin • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brisbane • Verified via GitHubAt Coder Academy, you will definitely be challenged with the work throughout the length of the course. But the outcome is worth the challenge. As you get to gain the skills of a full stack developer. The instructors are also well informed and very helpful. So please don't feel scared to ask help from them, it is still a learning experience after all.
- Incredible learning experience- 2/7/2019Ken • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
Having just finished the course, I'd like to note a few key points to any potential students:
Their curriculum is constantly being updated to maximise your learning outcomes. They get feedback from industry hirers on knowledge gaps of junior devs as well, meaning that everything you learn is directly applicable in the workforce.
The current lead educator, Garret, is probably the best teacher I've had throughout my years through school and university. Not only does he know his shit, he is very empathetic and is always available to help.
Compared to self-learning, being able to be guided in the right direction as well as being able to share the pains with an entire class of like-minded people is a great motivator to excel in the course.
The internship process is extremely useful since being able to get experience interviewing for positions as well as having the option to vet your potential internship companies would be very useful for applying for actual junior dev positions
As mentioned by others, please note that this bootcamp is intense. There are 40 contact hours a week, in addition to self-study. Even though there is a lot of support if you feel like you are struggling, to maximise what you get out of it, make sure you can prioritise your commitments so that you give yourself ample time outside of class to solidify what you learn in class. If this is a problem, maybe check out the CoderAcademy Gentech part-time course.
- On the other side of the fence- 2/7/2019Theodore Chuang • Web Dev • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
Just graduated from Coder Academy's Fast Track Coding Bootcamp after sitting on the fence for months. And hands down was so worth it. After 6 months of coding full-time and I can finally see the light. Before coding, I tried to self-teach web development but quickly plateau. Garret was our class's main instructor and we all learn so much. Not just coding but many other important skills relevant in the work force. How to learn, solve problems, and work in industry. I felt it perfectly prepared me to transition from my career in real estate into development. The program also includes an internship and I am excited to start my in a week!!
- Fast Track Review- 2/7/2019James Duong • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
Made the switch from finance to coding. Attempted to self-teach myself coding and thought it coding was too technical for me to grasp. Upon finishing this course, I'm now feeling confident coding :)
Great experience with great group of people (educators and students). The bootcamp is intensive, so do be prepared to put in the hard work.
Overall, recommend this course
- Coder Academy Sydney 2018-2019- 2/7/2019Adam Demirel • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
- signed, a previously uncertain potential student
- Student Review- 2/7/2019David Armour • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via GitHub
I have just finished a 6 month intensive web development bootcamp. Would highly recommend this course. Highly passionate and supportive teachers and support staff. Definately a life changing experience. The content covered is relevant to what is currently being used in industry and will help you get into the industry. I have been given a 1 month internship at the end of the course and am looking forward to working in the industry
- Coder Academy- 2/7/2019Luigino • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Sydney • Verified via LinkedIn
- Dude.- 2/7/2019Sam • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
Excellent for learning base fundamentals when it comes to programming. Essentially setting you to go out on your own and understand, read and develop skillls in any programming language.
The course structure needs to be improved, as it seems teachers seem to be winging it from day to day based on any given subject. Outstanding set curriclum and layout is required.
Regarding teachers, for the whole they are very committed and accesible, always willing to help, educate and take one on one time do some white boarding so you can understand a concept in your own specific way of learning. Matt <3.
Also, only for donuts.
- Coder Academy Review- 2/7/2019Darren Lim • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via LinkedIn
The last 6 months have been such an amazing experience full of great memories and tribulations.
The bootcamp is very intensive, but you will experience first hand what pressure is like as well as the amazing support of the teachers and staff.
While there is so much to learn and continuously learn it is a great start for anyone if they wish to get a start in the world of programming
- Learn To Code- 2/7/2019Thomas Lawrence • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via LinkedIn
Bootcamp is never meant to be easy. But with great support from the teachers.
all that is left is, How bad do you want to learn? This class is run with 3 teachers that is always ready to go over subjects you don't understand, will stay back till late, if need be.
if you are looking into Coding, give this one a go.
- Coder Academy Review Feb 2019- 2/7/2019Anhar Athoi • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
This has been an amazing journey for me, I have learned more in the first month alone compared to the 6 months I was trying to learn coding on my own. The bootcamp is really intensive, the projects are crazy but you always have teachers to help you with problems. There's just so much to learn, but this was a great start to my programming journey.
- Coder Academy Review- 2/6/2019Ben • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via LinkedIn
One of the best learning experiences I've ever had the pleasure to be part of. I've learned more than I could have ever imagined in the past 6 months, and it's been hard at times but totally worth it. The instructors really care about seeing you make it and are more than willing to spend time after class or whenever to help if you're stuck. There is a strong emphasis on being comfortable if you don't get something straight away, it'll click eventually, and that's ok. 100% recommend this course and environment for anyone who is interested in coding, great people, and a 5-star learning environment. Thanks Coder Academy, I couldn't have done it without you!
- Intense, but worth it- 2/6/2019Emily • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
The bootcamp is very intensive, but its amazing how much you can learn in 6 months. The teachers are very dedicted and supportive, and the people you meet are amazing. Getting in as much practise as possible before and/or after class is a must to help you keep up with the content. There is so much I have yet to learn about coding, but the boot camp has helped set me up for the beginning of my new career.
- Intensive Bootcamp- 2/6/2019Laurence • Student • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via GitHub
The Intensive Bootcamp is a great experience and it is an incredible amount of learning packed into a short period of time. After hours work is a must for those who hope to fully understand the concepts that are covered and be sure to ask for help as the teachers and assistant educators are there to do just that are very good at their jobs!
- Nothing is Impossible- 9/23/2018Serina Ko • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Fast Track Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Melbourne • Verified via LinkedIn
I am very happy with my decision to get started with my tech journey at Coder Academy. I am a risk-taker, but at the same time I always believe that everything would go well if there's something I really want. When I found Fast track Coding bootcamp running at Coder Academy at first, I had a feeling that this is going to be a good opportunity for me to get a guide on a daily basis and make friends who have similar dreams. Yes, it was!! Every day I've found myself struggling and making a progress in the end. You will have amazing peers and teachers who are helping you be happy with your coding journey. Lots of motivations and team tasks would make you strong as time goes by. After the end of the whole classes, the internship opportunity is invaluable. I have been lucky enough to get two job offers at the end of the internship. You will find how much support you are getting from Coder Academy even when the course ends. Don't be surprised at seeing you being vulnerable if you take things hard. That's totally fine. There are always people around you at CA. I really value the course. Remember that you are not going to give up and continue to work hard even though you think it's super challenging for now. One day you will look back your past and see how amazing you are.