codeboxx-logo

CodeBoxx

Miami, Montreal, New York City, Ottawa, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Quebec City, Tampa, Toronto

CodeBoxx

CodeBoxx is a 16-week full-stack bootcamp based in Quebec City, Canada. The course offers students a deep understanding of web site development and information systems and covers programming languages such as HTML, Javascript, Python, Go, C#, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails. Students can develop code on either a PC or Mac and will learn developer tools such as GitHub and SQL. CodeBoxx’s mission is to help students realize their full potential in the world of coding and web development. To allow as many as possible to realize that potential, CodeBoxx offers an income share agreement, so tuition is paid only after successful job placement.

Those interested in CodeBoxx must first complete an online application. Applicants will be interviewed and, once enrolled, will begin a 2-week section of the bootcamp called Genesis to help determine if CodeBoxx is the right fit, and allow each participant to see if the tech industry suits them. Students who are successful will move on to the 14-week Odyssey section. Students who are unsuccessful in the Genesis section will receive a full refund of their deposit.

CodeBoxx has partnerships with tech companies from around the world to build an active placement program for graduates. Corporate partners include CGI, Coveo, Groupe La Capitale Assurance, and others. Once students graduate and land a job, they will pay the school 20% of their salary for the first year of employment. CodeBoxx’s CEO Nicolas Genest has spent 15 years in the technology industry working for, or with, companies such as Microsoft and Jet.com.

Recent CodeBoxx Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (26) reviews for CodeBoxx →

Recent CodeBoxx News

• Accelerated Technology Program

LocationTampa, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Montreal, Quebec City
    The course offers students a deep understanding of web site development and information systems and covers programming languages such as HTML, Javascript, Python, Go, C# on .NET, Ruby on Rails. Students can develop code on either a PC or Mac and will learn developer tools such as GitHub and SQL. The program includes the 2-week Genesis Section that acts as a selection program, followed by the 14-week Odyssey Section. Odyssey's topics cover, but not limited to: Information systems, API development, Databases, Cloud, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, DevOps, Mobile Development, TDD, Security, etc!
    Deposit2000
    Partnership with financial institutions so you can repay your tuition on a longer period and also enjoy free banking services for the first year post-graduation!
    Tuition Plans20% of the salary of your first year, activated only once we've found a job for you!
    Refund / GuaranteeOn completion of the Odyssey Program, we fully reimburse you the deposit. On completion, but failure of the Genesis program (first 2 weeks), we reimburse the deposit as well. It is all about not giving up.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone
    Prep WorkExercises sent by email along with 3 quizzes to build your profile (english, tech and personality). The real test is the first 2 weeks with the Genesis program, where participants get to learn if technology is for them!

• Paul-Francois Bourgault  User Photo
    Paul-Francois Bourgault • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Following a career change, I did not have the time to go back 3 years to do college training in technology. The opportunity of the thrilling challenge of a boot camp at CodeBoxx has proved to be the best alternative for me. Training in 4 months has required a serious commitment and dedication, but it has really been worth it and I can now work in the field. Dedicated coaches, up-to-date classrooms and the learning of cutting edge techniques have changed the course of my life.

• Career Changing
    - 9/1/2020
    Mathieu  User Photo
    Mathieu • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     I have been looking for a career change for some time when I heard about CodeBoxx bootcamp. The fast pace of the program was a game changer for me because I couldn’t go back to college for an extended (2-3 years) period of time but I was ready to completely invest 16 weeks of my life.

The program is set in a business simulation where you’ll be called to complete tasks for a fictional corporation. Those tasks get you through the basis of some of the most used programming languages and frameworks. Some of them are individual others with teammates.

You have to learn so much in so little time (16 weeks) that it has to be intense and you must be prepared to work hard and commit many hours a week (don’t expect to go away with it in 40h a week).

Don’t expect everything to be handed to you. What you get is assignments, access to coaches for guidance, an environment where competition and team spirit meets. In the end you won’t know everything about the languages and frameworks shown in the program. But I can tell you that no challenges will afraid you once your done with this.

In the end, CodeBoxx is the best thing that could happen to my professional life. I would do it all over again.

• Paul-Olivier  User Photo
    Paul-Olivier • Dev Full Stack Verified via GitHub
    As a graduate of the first cohort of Quebec, I can't say much apart that the program is functional and that it helps both 17-year-olds and adults of 40 and + to understand new technologies in programming. Since my graduation I have been working for codeboxx and I am able to fulfill contracts that I never thought I would be able to do, codeboxx helped me to discover life in technologies but also to develop my system for my resourcefulness and without this bootcamps I cannot would probably never be where I am today.
  • Danny  User Photo
    Danny • Front-End Dev • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    CodeBoxx certainly did it for me!

At the time I write this review (august 2020) I am a professionnal programmer working in one of the best company in Québec City Canada for more than a year.

Be ready to work hard and you will learn all you need to go forward into a new carreer.

Even now, after many lines of code merged into a very complex program. There are many things that I learned at CodeBoxx that are still very usefull.

Its honest and it works.
  • A Life Changer
    - 8/17/2020
    Alexis Grenier  User Photo
    Alexis Grenier • Junior FullStack Developer at Codeboxx • Student Verified via GitHub
    I'm 19 year old and I am a graduate of codeboxx since a couple months ago, I really liked the experience of learning by myself at Codeboxx, growing up I always loved technology and I was always eager to learn more about it. I always knew I wanted to become a programmer but it's way easier said than done, there are alot of challenges to face, and that's where Codeboxx plays a major part, at Codeboxx you get the time, ressources and tools you need to motivate yourself and learn and do the bootcamp. Codeboxx did not teach me how to code, instead they teached me how to take these challenges head first and overcome them, they teached me how a real company works, they teached me that not everything will be given to you on a golden plate whenever you will be in business, nobody will be there to hold your hand and do everything for you. Codeboxx changed my life and also made me realize my childhood dream, which was to become a programmer. I would definitly recommend Codeboxx to anyone who is interested in technology
  • Agnes Vizvari  User Photo
    Agnes Vizvari • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    With CodeBoxx, programming has become a true love. They gave me the opportunity to start a new, exciting chapter in my life. Everybody was really supportive and kind in my cohort!
    It is a really intense 16 weeks and you can learn really much during that short period of time if you are devoted heart and soul to your work. Be open, flexible and dedicated and you will successfully complete the challenges!
    What I really loved in this program, the business simulation! The bootcamp feels like a real experience as you work in teams and individually too while answering for a fictional client’s needs. CodeBoxx is focusing on your soft skills next to the technical competences which is a huge advantage on the job market.
    Of course hard and confusing times could come but luckily a wonderful coach team backs you and you will learn how to deal with these moments. The school will support you in every way possible!

• A life changer
    - 7/25/2019
    Patrick Thibault  User Photo
    Patrick Thibault • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Literally a life changer. In 16 weeks, i not only started a career in I.T. i'm also working on one of the most inovative project.

• Awesome bootcamp
    - 7/19/2019
    Guillaume Jacques  User Photo
    Guillaume Jacques • Project manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Codeboxx is an awesome bootcamp. The focus on business application and the new on demand technologies gives the participant a great preview of the upcoming years as a programmer in a business. The 16 weeks course is long enough to go through a lot of technologies and have a good base for years to come. It is also short enough to change career path relatively easily.

• Codeboxx
    - 6/17/2019
    Dominic Villemure  User Photo
    Dominic Villemure • Programmeur • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Très bonne approche pour un apprentissage rapide avec des coach compétents. La formule permet le travail d'équipe et l'immersion dans des situations proche du milieu de travail réel. Bref, une expérience extraordinaire qui m'a bien préparer pour mon nouvel emploi en TI !

• Life changer
    - 5/31/2019
    Mathieu  User Photo
    Mathieu • Developer @Fungo • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I lived and breathed the CodeBoxx values for the entire duration of the program. I am truly convinced that the recipe to my future success involves these values: Going the extra mile, Excellence in execution, nimble and flexible mindset. CodeBoxx allowed me to kick off a real wave of positive changes in my life.

• Stephane Roy • Graduate
    What CodeBoxx represents to me

After 26 years in the telecommunications industry, I needed a change. I was clearly no longer happy in my job and several aspects of my daily life were impacted. Morale, health, my relationship with my loved ones, to name a few, have suffered from my inaction. I had excellent benefits and a really good salary, but that was no longer enough to motivate me to work in a company with which I no longer had any affinity.
    I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do. A return to school over a long period was not an option. It was then that on a rainy afternoon, I remember being parked in a residential area waiting for one of my employees to make a field observation of his work. I was listening to the radio and suddenly someone I didn't know came over to talk about his project: CodeBoxx School of Technology.
    A man named Nicolas Genest, very enthusiastic and dynamic, described what he had set up in Quebec. I immediately became interested in the subject and saw it as a great opportunity for my boy who did not really know what to do after high school. As soon as I got home I was quick to share with him everything I had heard about CodeBoxx. He was unfortunately not as excited as I was and did not register for the cohort which started a few months later.
    For my part, I could see myself trying my luck in the world of developers. Having always been interested in all things technology, although I knew absolutely nothing about the different programming languages, the idea matured for a while. Getting into work was more and more difficult and painful.
    Then the opportunity to leave my employer on good terms presented itself. I then jumped at the chance and talked about CodeBoxx again to my son, Andrew, who still hadn't figured out what would motivate him in the future despite the months that had passed since I had told him about CodeBoxx. He was still hesitant to do the bootcamp. When I told him that I had just signed up, he immediately followed suit. So it was together that we started the second cohort which began on January 21, 2019. You read that right: my son Andrew and I did the cohort together! Andrew was also the subject of a graduation portrait similar to this one.
    I liked everything about CodeBoxx: the environment, the meetings I made there, the "coaches", Nadya and Nicolas. What I enjoyed most of all was seeing my son excited about something new. I found a motivated young man who had a taste for success and to surpass himself. His career filled me with pride and I am all the more so since he is now employed by Coveo, a Quebec unicorn (private company with a valuation of over $ 1 billion) and a flagship of the technology industry.
    CodeBoxx represents for me a new start in life. My morale and health are much better and my relatives have found a Stéphane whom they had not seen for a long time. Thanks to life, thanks CodeBoxx!