codeboxx-logo

CodeBoxx

Brooklyn, Montreal, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Quebec City, Tampa

CodeBoxx

CodeBoxx is a 16-week full-stack bootcamp in Canada and the US. The course offers students a deep understanding of web site development and information systems and covers programming languages such as HTML, Javascript, Python, Go, C#, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails. Students can develop code on either a PC or Mac and will learn developer tools such as GitHub and SQL. CodeBoxx’s mission is to help students realize their full potential in the world of coding and web development. To allow as many as possible to realize that potential, CodeBoxx's goal is to remove the barriers to entry: all applicants are accepted, have access to a laptop loan program, and only pay tuition after successful job placement. Codeboxx also guarantees a job to every graduate through their partner businesses and their own digital workshop.

Those interested in CodeBoxx must complete the registration form on the website. Registrants are automatically accepted and they only have to complete the enrollment process and pay the refundable security deposit to officially become candidates. Once enrolled, candidates will begin the 2-week selection program called Genesis to help determine if CodeBoxx is the right fit and allow each participant to see if the tech industry suits them. Students who are successful will move on to the 14-week Odyssey program, which is a set of 14 sprints covering 14 themes, always under a business simulation environment. Candidates who are unsuccessful in the Genesis section will receive a full refund of their deposit.

CodeBoxx has partnerships with tech companies from around the world to build an active placement program for graduates. Corporate partners include CGI, Coveo, La Capitale Assurance, Keyrus, Lucky Brand, Bond and many others. Once graduates land a job, either through partner or external businesses or their digital workshop, they will receive an invoice equivalent to 20% of their first year gross salary. CodeBoxx’s CEO Nicolas Genest has spent 20 years in the tech industry, including the last few as CTO of companies like The Real Real or Wal-Mart.

Recent CodeBoxx Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (37) reviews for CodeBoxx →

Recent CodeBoxx News

• Accelerated Technology Program

LocationTampa, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Montreal, Quebec City
    The course offers students a deep understanding of web site development and information systems and covers programming languages such as HTML, Javascript, Python, Go, C# on .NET, Ruby on Rails. Students can develop code on either a PC or Mac and will learn developer tools such as GitHub and SQL. The program includes the 2-week Genesis Section that acts as a selection program, followed by the 14-week Odyssey Section. Odyssey's topics cover, but not limited to: Information systems, API development, Databases, Cloud, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, DevOps, Mobile Development, TDD, Security, etc!
    Deposit2000
    Partnership with financial institutions so you can repay your tuition on a longer period and also enjoy free banking services for the first year post-graduation!
    Tuition Plans20% of the salary of your first year, activated only once we've found a job for you!
    Refund / GuaranteeOn completion of the Odyssey Program, we fully reimburse you the deposit. On completion, but failure of the Genesis program (first 2 weeks), we reimburse the deposit as well. It is all about not giving up.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone
    Prep WorkExercises sent by email along with 3 quizzes to build your profile (english, tech and personality). The real test is the first 2 weeks with the Genesis program, where participants get to learn if technology is for them!

• Codeboxx
    - 6/17/2019
    Dominic Villemure  User Photo
    Dominic Villemure • Programmeur • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Très bonne approche pour un apprentissage rapide avec des coach compétents. La formule permet le travail d'équipe et l'immersion dans des situations proche du milieu de travail réel. Bref, une expérience extraordinaire qui m'a bien préparer pour mon nouvel emploi en TI !

• student
    - 11/20/2020
    Vanessa  User Photo
    Vanessa • IOS developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    2020 Graduate working as an IOS Developer. Codeboxx provided me with the tools necessary to start a new career.
    It was an incredibly difficult experience, but nothing worth doing is easy. The camp has to be treated as full time job to succeed.
    I would recommend building up a solid base in the fundamentals before taking the course. It'll help you immensely throughout the program.
  • Career change
    - 11/19/2020
    Afandy  User Photo
    Afandy • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     Overall, it was a good experience if you are looking for a career change. They teach you not only how to code, but how to think and figure out problems on your own. The best part is you only pay tuition once you get a job.
  • Great Opportunity
    - 11/18/2020
    Jackie Lai  User Photo
    Jackie Lai • Junior Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    It's a hectic 16 weeks not the say the least.. This bootcamp does a good job at mimicking a dev job.
    For 16 weeks and all there is to learn, you can expect to be more of a jack of all trades more than a master at everything. Once you're done with those 16 weeks, they guarentee you a job and this is where you start to master certain things over others.
    I can't really compare bootcamps as I've only done one but I can say that the Codeboxx experience is at the very least pretty decent.
  • Thomas Carrier  User Photo
    Thomas Carrier • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I would be lying saying the bootcamp is easy, but once you are done with it, and you've put in all the efforts required to successfully finish the bootcamp. You get a job, (and definitely not a mediocre one), and you get a big network of people who have the same interest has you do, coding.
  • Career Changing
    - 9/1/2020
    Mathieu  User Photo
    Mathieu • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     I have been looking for a career change for some time when I heard about CodeBoxx bootcamp. The fast pace of the program was a game changer for me because I couldn’t go back to college for an extended (2-3 years) period of time but I was ready to completely invest 16 weeks of my life.

The program is set in a business simulation where you’ll be called to complete tasks for a fictional corporation. Those tasks get you through the basis of some of the most used programming languages and frameworks. Some of them are individual others with teammates.

You have to learn so much in so little time (16 weeks) that it has to be intense and you must be prepared to work hard and commit many hours a week (don’t expect to go away with it in 40h a week).

Don’t expect everything to be handed to you. What you get is assignments, access to coaches for guidance, an environment where competition and team spirit meets. In the end you won’t know everything about the languages and frameworks shown in the program. But I can tell you that no challenges will afraid you once your done with this.

In the end, CodeBoxx is the best thing that could happen to my professional life. I would do it all over again.

• Paul-Olivier  User Photo
    Paul-Olivier • Dev Full Stack Verified via GitHub
    As a graduate of the first cohort of Quebec, I can't say much apart that the program is functional and that it helps both 17-year-olds and adults of 40 and + to understand new technologies in programming. Since my graduation I have been working for codeboxx and I am able to fulfill contracts that I never thought I would be able to do, codeboxx helped me to discover life in technologies but also to develop my system for my resourcefulness and without this bootcamps I cannot would probably never be where I am today.
  • Danny  User Photo
    Danny • Front-End Dev • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    CodeBoxx certainly did it for me!

At the time I write this review (august 2020) I am a professionnal programmer working in one of the best company in Québec City Canada for more than a year.

Be ready to work hard and you will learn all you need to go forward into a new carreer.

Even now, after many lines of code merged into a very complex program. There are many things that I learned at CodeBoxx that are still very usefull.

Its honest and it works.
  • A Life Changer
    - 8/17/2020
    Alexis Grenier  User Photo
    Alexis Grenier • Junior FullStack Developer at Codeboxx • Student Verified via GitHub
    I'm 19 year old and I am a graduate of codeboxx since a couple months ago, I really liked the experience of learning by myself at Codeboxx, growing up I always loved technology and I was always eager to learn more about it. I always knew I wanted to become a programmer but it's way easier said than done, there are alot of challenges to face, and that's where Codeboxx plays a major part, at Codeboxx you get the time, ressources and tools you need to motivate yourself and learn and do the bootcamp. Codeboxx did not teach me how to code, instead they teached me how to take these challenges head first and overcome them, they teached me how a real company works, they teached me that not everything will be given to you on a golden plate whenever you will be in business, nobody will be there to hold your hand and do everything for you. Codeboxx changed my life and also made me realize my childhood dream, which was to become a programmer. I would definitly recommend Codeboxx to anyone who is interested in technology
  • Agnes Vizvari  User Photo
    Agnes Vizvari • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    With CodeBoxx, programming has become a true love. They gave me the opportunity to start a new, exciting chapter in my life. Everybody was really supportive and kind in my cohort!
    It is a really intense 16 weeks and you can learn really much during that short period of time if you are devoted heart and soul to your work. Be open, flexible and dedicated and you will successfully complete the challenges!
    What I really loved in this program, the business simulation! The bootcamp feels like a real experience as you work in teams and individually too while answering for a fictional client’s needs. CodeBoxx is focusing on your soft skills next to the technical competences which is a huge advantage on the job market.
    Of course hard and confusing times could come but luckily a wonderful coach team backs you and you will learn how to deal with these moments. The school will support you in every way possible!

• Paul-Francois Bourgault  User Photo
    Paul-Francois Bourgault • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Following a career change, I did not have the time to go back 3 years to do college training in technology. The opportunity of the thrilling challenge of a boot camp at CodeBoxx has proved to be the best alternative for me. Training in 4 months has required a serious commitment and dedication, but it has really been worth it and I can now work in the field. Dedicated coaches, up-to-date classrooms and the learning of cutting edge techniques have changed the course of my life.

• A life changer
    - 7/25/2019
    Patrick Thibault  User Photo
    Patrick Thibault • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Literally a life changer. In 16 weeks, i not only started a career in I.T. i'm also working on one of the most inovative project.