codeboxx-logo

CodeBoxx

Brooklyn, Montreal, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Quebec City, Tampa

CodeBoxx

CodeBoxx is a 16-week full-stack bootcamp in Canada and the US. The course offers students a deep understanding of web site development and information systems and covers programming languages such as HTML, Javascript, Python, Go, C#, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails. Students can develop code on either a PC or Mac and will learn developer tools such as GitHub and SQL. CodeBoxx’s mission is to help students realize their full potential in the world of coding and web development. To allow as many as possible to realize that potential, CodeBoxx's goal is to remove the barriers to entry: all applicants are accepted, have access to a laptop loan program, and only pay tuition after successful job placement. Codeboxx also guarantees a job to every graduate through their partner businesses and their own digital workshop.

Those interested in CodeBoxx must complete the registration form on the website. Registrants are automatically accepted and they only have to complete the enrollment process and pay the refundable security deposit to officially become candidates. Once enrolled, candidates will begin the 2-week selection program called Genesis to help determine if CodeBoxx is the right fit and allow each participant to see if the tech industry suits them. Students who are successful will move on to the 14-week Odyssey program, which is a set of 14 sprints covering 14 themes, always under a business simulation environment. Candidates who are unsuccessful in the Genesis section will receive a full refund of their deposit.

CodeBoxx has partnerships with tech companies from around the world to build an active placement program for graduates. Corporate partners include CGI, Coveo, La Capitale Assurance, Keyrus, Lucky Brand, Bond and many others. Once graduates land a job, either through partner or external businesses or their digital workshop, they will receive an invoice equivalent to 20% of their first year gross salary. CodeBoxx’s CEO Nicolas Genest has spent 20 years in the tech industry, including the last few as CTO of companies like The Real Real or Wal-Mart.

Recent CodeBoxx Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (37) reviews for CodeBoxx →

Recent CodeBoxx News

• Accelerated Technology Program

LocationTampa, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Montreal, Quebec City
    The course offers students a deep understanding of web site development and information systems and covers programming languages such as HTML, Javascript, Python, Go, C# on .NET, Ruby on Rails. Students can develop code on either a PC or Mac and will learn developer tools such as GitHub and SQL. The program includes the 2-week Genesis Section that acts as a selection program, followed by the 14-week Odyssey Section. Odyssey's topics cover, but not limited to: Information systems, API development, Databases, Cloud, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, DevOps, Mobile Development, TDD, Security, etc!
    Deposit2000
    Partnership with financial institutions so you can repay your tuition on a longer period and also enjoy free banking services for the first year post-graduation!
    Tuition Plans20% of the salary of your first year, activated only once we've found a job for you!
    Refund / GuaranteeOn completion of the Odyssey Program, we fully reimburse you the deposit. On completion, but failure of the Genesis program (first 2 weeks), we reimburse the deposit as well. It is all about not giving up.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone
    Prep WorkExercises sent by email along with 3 quizzes to build your profile (english, tech and personality). The real test is the first 2 weeks with the Genesis program, where participants get to learn if technology is for them!
  • Awesome bootcamp
    - 7/19/2019
    Guillaume Jacques  User Photo
    Guillaume Jacques • Project manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Codeboxx is an awesome bootcamp. The focus on business application and the new on demand technologies gives the participant a great preview of the upcoming years as a programmer in a business. The 16 weeks course is long enough to go through a lot of technologies and have a good base for years to come. It is also short enough to change career path relatively easily.

• Codeboxx
    - 6/17/2019
    Dominic Villemure  User Photo
    Dominic Villemure • Programmeur • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Très bonne approche pour un apprentissage rapide avec des coach compétents. La formule permet le travail d'équipe et l'immersion dans des situations proche du milieu de travail réel. Bref, une expérience extraordinaire qui m'a bien préparer pour mon nouvel emploi en TI !

• Life changer
    - 5/31/2019
    Mathieu  User Photo
    Mathieu • Developer @Fungo • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I lived and breathed the CodeBoxx values for the entire duration of the program. I am truly convinced that the recipe to my future success involves these values: Going the extra mile, Excellence in execution, nimble and flexible mindset. CodeBoxx allowed me to kick off a real wave of positive changes in my life.

• Anna Chowattanakul • Junior Dev • Student
    I was extremely lucky to be able to find Codeboxx and a tech job right before covid happened! Before I switched my careers to programming, I was working as a musician and a piano teacher. Never in my life did I learn how to code until I started Codeboxx. As others had already mentioned, the bootcamp was challenging but I love challenges so I enjoyed every bit of it. I thought that their curriculum was useful even though I am not currently using it at my job. I think their main idea was to give us the big picture of all the different types of technology and to expose us to different things so that we become aware of it.  They provided us the experience of self-learning while having instructors to guide us in the right path. I thought it was a good alternative to just doing online tutorials because Codeboxx resembled a work place that gave me the hands on opportunity to complete different projects every week. If you're interested in joining the bootcamp, don't feel disappointed if you feel like you haven't mastered everything. It is IMPOSSIBLE to become a master of anything in four months, especially when the world of technology is huuuge. I found that right after I finished the bootcamp, I became aware of I wanted to learn/ focus on so I did some more digging to master those topics in my part.

Finding the first job in tech is hard (especially after the career switch -- with no experience/ portfolio), so Codeboxx definitely fulfilled its promises in providing us a job and a real-life experience that we could use in our resume. This was one of the great benefits in Codeboxx and I'm very appreciative of that!
  • Carrer change
    - 11/9/2020
    Franck Tchitembo • Full-Stack Developper • Graduate
    As a former researcher in Materials Engineering, I had to decide for a carrer change. CodeBoxx was the best place for me to meet my expectation both in quick learning and for job opportunities after graduating. 16 weeks of bootcamp were not only though, but also stimulating and I have learned many IT subjects. I do recommend whoever who would like to embrace a carrer in IT.
  • Jorge Chavarriaga • Junior Developer at Codeboxx • Graduate
    In my search to carry out some kind of study that would allow me to start in the IT world, I found several options, the main options pointed to that I should do a BootCamp and there I found Codeboxx.
    After reading their website completely, asking to some friends that work as IT professionals a couple of questions, I decided to sign up and take part in that adventure.

From the beginning, I realized that it was made the right choice! The presentation of the program and the first two weeks in which you face a real life challenge made me confirm that I was on the right track.

It is a highly challenging program, where every week you are faced with new languages, problems, etc. that make you have to be active, interested and eager to learn. It is not an easy program, but also either is an impossible one, being willing to fight, search, work hard will definitely make your life easier.

Halfway through, we were faced with an additional challenge, one that was not on anyone's radar ... no directives, no coaches, and less as students! This new little challenge called COVID19, forced us to reinvent ourselves in order to face our challenges in Codeboxx in a different way. It was not really easy, but this challenge helped us understand that the dynamics of life and our professions change at any moment, and that only those who are willing to accept change, those who adapt quickly are those who will achieve success.

The managers, coaches and students knew how to understand it and adapt quickly and finally we managed to finish our Bootcamp satisfactorily, in my case being part of the first Montreal cohort.

The entire program is based on real life problems, a fictitious company that could easily be turned into a real company! It keeps your interest high from week to week, which motivates you to give your 100%.

At the end of the course, and as promised, you will participate in several interviews to finally enter in the working world of the programming area, and once you start working, you will find yourself again faced with new challenges that make your life a fulfilling adventure. continuous learning.

To all those interested, I encourage you to take the course with a positive attitude, with the confidence of a great future ahead.
  • Junior developer
    - 11/6/2020
    Lediane • Sales
    Le bootcamp est un bootcamp très difficile, mais cela vous fait évoluer beaucoup professionnellement et en tant que personne aussi. Codeboxx m'a fait découvrir beaucoup de choses sur moi-même. J'ai toujours eu beaucoup de facilité à sortir de ma bulle, mais avec Codeboxx j'ai réalisé que cette capacité est énormément plus grande que ce que j'imaginais.
  • Mathieu • Junior developer • Graduate
    I would be lying to tell you that the bootcamp is easy, but this bootcamp as changed my life forever. And now I can say that after 4 months of hard work I'm a developer and I can participate to many beautiful project,
    Thanks Codeboxx and all is team!
  • Stephane Roy • Graduate
    What CodeBoxx represents to me

After 26 years in the telecommunications industry, I needed a change. I was clearly no longer happy in my job and several aspects of my daily life were impacted. Morale, health, my relationship with my loved ones, to name a few, have suffered from my inaction. I had excellent benefits and a really good salary, but that was no longer enough to motivate me to work in a company with which I no longer had any affinity.
    I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do. A return to school over a long period was not an option. It was then that on a rainy afternoon, I remember being parked in a residential area waiting for one of my employees to make a field observation of his work. I was listening to the radio and suddenly someone I didn't know came over to talk about his project: CodeBoxx School of Technology.
    A man named Nicolas Genest, very enthusiastic and dynamic, described what he had set up in Quebec. I immediately became interested in the subject and saw it as a great opportunity for my boy who did not really know what to do after high school. As soon as I got home I was quick to share with him everything I had heard about CodeBoxx. He was unfortunately not as excited as I was and did not register for the cohort which started a few months later.
    For my part, I could see myself trying my luck in the world of developers. Having always been interested in all things technology, although I knew absolutely nothing about the different programming languages, the idea matured for a while. Getting into work was more and more difficult and painful.
    Then the opportunity to leave my employer on good terms presented itself. I then jumped at the chance and talked about CodeBoxx again to my son, Andrew, who still hadn't figured out what would motivate him in the future despite the months that had passed since I had told him about CodeBoxx. He was still hesitant to do the bootcamp. When I told him that I had just signed up, he immediately followed suit. So it was together that we started the second cohort which began on January 21, 2019. You read that right: my son Andrew and I did the cohort together! Andrew was also the subject of a graduation portrait similar to this one.
    I liked everything about CodeBoxx: the environment, the meetings I made there, the "coaches", Nadya and Nicolas. What I enjoyed most of all was seeing my son excited about something new. I found a motivated young man who had a taste for success and to surpass himself. His career filled me with pride and I am all the more so since he is now employed by Coveo, a Quebec unicorn (private company with a valuation of over $ 1 billion) and a flagship of the technology industry.
    CodeBoxx represents for me a new start in life. My morale and health are much better and my relatives have found a Stéphane whom they had not seen for a long time. Thanks to life, thanks CodeBoxx!