codeboxx-logo

CodeBoxx

Miami, Montreal, New York City, Ottawa, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Quebec City, Tampa, Toronto

CodeBoxx

CodeBoxx is a 16-week full-stack bootcamp based in Quebec City, Canada. The course offers students a deep understanding of web site development and information systems and covers programming languages such as HTML, Javascript, Python, Go, C#, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails. Students can develop code on either a PC or Mac and will learn developer tools such as GitHub and SQL. CodeBoxx’s mission is to help students realize their full potential in the world of coding and web development. To allow as many as possible to realize that potential, CodeBoxx offers an income share agreement, so tuition is paid only after successful job placement.

Those interested in CodeBoxx must first complete an online application. Applicants will be interviewed and, once enrolled, will begin a 2-week section of the bootcamp called Genesis to help determine if CodeBoxx is the right fit, and allow each participant to see if the tech industry suits them. Students who are successful will move on to the 14-week Odyssey section. Students who are unsuccessful in the Genesis section will receive a full refund of their deposit.

CodeBoxx has partnerships with tech companies from around the world to build an active placement program for graduates. Corporate partners include CGI, Coveo, Groupe La Capitale Assurance, and others. Once students graduate and land a job, they will pay the school 20% of their salary for the first year of employment. CodeBoxx’s CEO Nicolas Genest has spent 15 years in the technology industry working for, or with, companies such as Microsoft and Jet.com.

Recent CodeBoxx Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (26) reviews for CodeBoxx →

Recent CodeBoxx News

• Accelerated Technology Program

LocationTampa, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Montreal, Quebec City
    The course offers students a deep understanding of web site development and information systems and covers programming languages such as HTML, Javascript, Python, Go, C# on .NET, Ruby on Rails. Students can develop code on either a PC or Mac and will learn developer tools such as GitHub and SQL. The program includes the 2-week Genesis Section that acts as a selection program, followed by the 14-week Odyssey Section. Odyssey's topics cover, but not limited to: Information systems, API development, Databases, Cloud, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, DevOps, Mobile Development, TDD, Security, etc!
    Deposit2000
    Partnership with financial institutions so you can repay your tuition on a longer period and also enjoy free banking services for the first year post-graduation!
    Tuition Plans20% of the salary of your first year, activated only once we've found a job for you!
    Refund / GuaranteeOn completion of the Odyssey Program, we fully reimburse you the deposit. On completion, but failure of the Genesis program (first 2 weeks), we reimburse the deposit as well. It is all about not giving up.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone
    Prep WorkExercises sent by email along with 3 quizzes to build your profile (english, tech and personality). The real test is the first 2 weeks with the Genesis program, where participants get to learn if technology is for them!
  • Stephane Roy • Graduate
    What CodeBoxx represents to me

After 26 years in the telecommunications industry, I needed a change. I was clearly no longer happy in my job and several aspects of my daily life were impacted. Morale, health, my relationship with my loved ones, to name a few, have suffered from my inaction. I had excellent benefits and a really good salary, but that was no longer enough to motivate me to work in a company with which I no longer had any affinity.
    I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do. A return to school over a long period was not an option. It was then that on a rainy afternoon, I remember being parked in a residential area waiting for one of my employees to make a field observation of his work. I was listening to the radio and suddenly someone I didn't know came over to talk about his project: CodeBoxx School of Technology.
    A man named Nicolas Genest, very enthusiastic and dynamic, described what he had set up in Quebec. I immediately became interested in the subject and saw it as a great opportunity for my boy who did not really know what to do after high school. As soon as I got home I was quick to share with him everything I had heard about CodeBoxx. He was unfortunately not as excited as I was and did not register for the cohort which started a few months later.
    For my part, I could see myself trying my luck in the world of developers. Having always been interested in all things technology, although I knew absolutely nothing about the different programming languages, the idea matured for a while. Getting into work was more and more difficult and painful.
    Then the opportunity to leave my employer on good terms presented itself. I then jumped at the chance and talked about CodeBoxx again to my son, Andrew, who still hadn't figured out what would motivate him in the future despite the months that had passed since I had told him about CodeBoxx. He was still hesitant to do the bootcamp. When I told him that I had just signed up, he immediately followed suit. So it was together that we started the second cohort which began on January 21, 2019. You read that right: my son Andrew and I did the cohort together! Andrew was also the subject of a graduation portrait similar to this one.
    I liked everything about CodeBoxx: the environment, the meetings I made there, the "coaches", Nadya and Nicolas. What I enjoyed most of all was seeing my son excited about something new. I found a motivated young man who had a taste for success and to surpass himself. His career filled me with pride and I am all the more so since he is now employed by Coveo, a Quebec unicorn (private company with a valuation of over $ 1 billion) and a flagship of the technology industry.
    CodeBoxx represents for me a new start in life. My morale and health are much better and my relatives have found a Stéphane whom they had not seen for a long time. Thanks to life, thanks CodeBoxx!
  • David Amyot • Junior Developper • Graduate
    Having done the 2019 cohort whilst the covid hit, it was a new experience through and through. From absolutely no knowledge in programming to having a very strong base, this experience taught me how valuable hard work is. Not only did it teach me how to work efficiently in teams in an enterprise environment, it also taught me how to better myself as a person. It might be hard, but the feeling of accomplishment once you finish the bootcamp is nothing like I've ever seen before. It truly was a wonderful 14 weeks and I now have a very well paid and quality job. I will forever be grateful for this whole experience, it really did change my life for the best.
  • Kiril Kleinerman • Junior web developer • Graduate
    This program has been very impact-full on my career. The course isn't easy, but that is because the jobs are never easy. You need the proper mind set to be successful in this industry, and thanks to the intense program put forward by Codeboxx I believe I got the tools to jump start my career in the tech sector.
  • From zero to hero
    - 7/28/2020
    Marc-A • DevOps Engineer • Graduate
    After 16 weeks, I can work as developer and pursue my dream in the IT world! Codeboxx gives me the opportunity to build a toolbox. The IT world is all about community and team work. Codeboxx represent a day to day in a life of developer. I learn how to solve daily problem by myself and find resources to keep learning to be always on top in the IT career. No one will hold your hand if you want to work as a developer. You need to take care of yourself to step up against the competition with new skills. Great experience that I will never forget. Thanks again for this opportunity.
  • Junior Developer
    - 6/25/2020
    François Larouche
    I would be lying to you if I told you that this is an easy program. It was the first time that I was in an academic context without marginal courses and I found it difficult at the beginning. I was completely out of my comfort zone and had to do things without fully understanding them and letting the magic happen. Yes, I experienced impostor syndrome for a while, but everything was set up once the boot camp was over. I have been working in this field for a year and a half now and I am improving day by day thanks to the help of my colleagues and the CodeBoxx values ​​that I acquired during the Boot camp
  • jessy belanger • web developer aspirant • Applicant
    I went to one of their open doors with my friend. We met one of the students that we know at the main door.. What I understood is surprising.. First, all the reviews are from either the management or employees at codeboxx. I even talked to one of them and he is a recruiter for codeboxx .. Well according to the students,It is definitely not for beginners. The coaches are new, like don't exist, they have no clue about the curriculum. You are on your own and operate under the pressure of the management. The management are super arrogant especially the CEO, if you complain they will fire you and you will end up losing your time and probably your money .They will force you to leave under pressure , then they will ask you for a compensaton for the time you spent with them. The guy who knows what is going on about the curriculum is located in Quebec city and you need to write your question and wait hours to get an answer, the communication doesn't work very well. That when you know what is the problem.. Most of the time students are lost and are trying to help each other as they can. At the end of the day when you get the job they will take 20% of your salary. if you can get the job, you ll forced to stay with them for almost a year, all of that under pressure to force you either find a job or leave and pay them the 14000$.. And they will also paid by the companies..you will surely feel like merchandise, especially when they don't teach you. You will be left to your own.. Get an AEC it is much better and 5 times cheaper , this is what we decided to do ..I don't recommend codeboxx Montreal..
  • Great Experience!
    - 7/25/2019
    Maxime Patry • Junior Dev • Graduate

Codeboxx is a life changing experience. After my training, I got a job in IT with the help of Codeboxx. The training is well-thought and cutting-edge topics are addressed. The coaches are great and very helpful.

• Amazing
    - 7/5/2019
    Samuel Asselin • Junior developper • Graduate

Tres bon cours pour apprendre les TI, une experience exeptionelle et inoubliable !

• Olivier Denis • Graduate

CodeBoxx has been a life changer for me, I had my own cleaning/maintenance company and wanted a new career in programmation. Four months later, I'm working as a Junior Web Apps Developer and I love it! I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to really invest his/her time to it, it pays off!

• Belle Expérience
    - 6/26/2019
    Steve Collard • Graduate

Je n'ai jamais autant appris de chose en 4 mois que chez CodeBoxx. On nous apprend à apprendre. C'est difficile, mais ça vaut la peine.

Intense, fun, plein d'émotions, la tête pleine à craquer, c'est une expérience qu'il faut vivre.

CodeBoxx est toujours présent pour nous trouver un endroit où travailler.

• Inoubliable
    - 6/17/2019
    Stephane Roy • Gestionnnaire • Graduate

Une expérience inoubliable, une équipe géniale et un superbe local. CodeBoxx m'a permis de réorienter ma carrière en seulement 4 mois. Très intense on passe par toutes les gammes d'émotions. les TI vous intéresse, je vous recommande fortement ce programme a saveur de bootcamp.

• Marc-Olivier • Graduate

They take all the risks for you! They lend you a brand you Microsoft Surface Book 2, they guarantee you a job at 25$/h and you only pay your tuition once you get that promised job! There is no excuses for anybody who wants to work in tech!

With the right mindset and work ethic for the full 16 weeks, there is absolute certainty you get out of there happy and satisfied! What an experience! Thank you CodeBoxx!