Those interested in CodeBoxx must first complete an online application. Applicants will be interviewed and, once enrolled, will begin a 2-week section of the bootcamp called Genesis to help determine if CodeBoxx is the right fit, and allow each participant to see if the tech industry suits them. Students who are successful will move on to the 14-week Odyssey section. Students who are unsuccessful in the Genesis section will receive a full refund of their deposit.
CodeBoxx has partnerships with tech companies from around the world to build an active placement program for graduates. Corporate partners include CGI, Coveo, Groupe La Capitale Assurance, and others. Once students graduate and land a job, they will pay the school 20% of their salary for the first year of employment. CodeBoxx’s CEO Nicolas Genest has spent 15 years in the technology industry working for, or with, companies such as Microsoft and Jet.com.
Recent CodeBoxx Reviews: Rating 4.94
Recent CodeBoxx News
In PersonFull Time16 Weeks
Deposit 2000 FinancingPartnership with financial institutions so you can repay your tuition on a longer period and also enjoy free banking services for the first year post-graduation! Tuition Plans 20% of the salary of your first year, activated only once we've found a job for you! Refund / Guarantee On completion of the Odyssey Program, we fully reimburse you the deposit. On completion, but failure of the Genesis program (first 2 weeks), we reimburse the deposit as well. It is all about not giving up.
Minimum Skill Level None Prep Work Exercises sent by email along with 3 quizzes to build your profile (english, tech and personality). The real test is the first 2 weeks with the Genesis program, where participants get to learn if technology is for them! Placement Test No Interview No
19 reviews sorted by:
- Unique program and a wonderful team- 7/7/2020Agnes Vizvari • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHubWith CodeBoxx, programming has become a true love. They gave me the opportunity to start a new, exciting chapter in my life. Everybody was really supportive and kind in my cohort!It is a really intense 16 weeks and you can learn really much during that short period of time if you are devoted heart and soul to your work. Be open, flexible and dedicated and you will successfully complete the challenges!What I really loved in this program, the business simulation! The bootcamp feels like a real experience as you work in teams and individually too while answering for a fictional client’s needs. CodeBoxx is focusing on your soft skills next to the technical competences which is a huge advantage on the job market.Of course hard and confusing times could come but luckily a wonderful coach team backs you and you will learn how to deal with these moments. The school will support you in every way possible!
- The thrilling challenge- 11/21/2019Paul-Francois Bourgault • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
Following a career change, I did not have the time to go back 3 years to do college training in technology. The opportunity of the thrilling challenge of a boot camp at CodeBoxx has proved to be the best alternative for me. Training in 4 months has required a serious commitment and dedication, but it has really been worth it and I can now work in the field. Dedicated coaches, up-to-date classrooms and the learning of cutting edge techniques have changed the course of my life.
- A life changer- 7/25/2019Patrick Thibault • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
- Awesome bootcamp- 7/19/2019Guillaume Jacques • Project manager • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via LinkedIn
Codeboxx is an awesome bootcamp. The focus on business application and the new on demand technologies gives the participant a great preview of the upcoming years as a programmer in a business. The 16 weeks course is long enough to go through a lot of technologies and have a good base for years to come. It is also short enough to change career path relatively easily.
- Excellent, Sweet and Fast- 7/5/2019Simon • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
- Job guaranteed- 6/20/2019Jabir • Developper • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
- Codeboxx- 6/17/2019Dominic Villemure • Programmeur • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
Très bonne approche pour un apprentissage rapide avec des coach compétents. La formule permet le travail d'équipe et l'immersion dans des situations proche du milieu de travail réel. Bref, une expérience extraordinaire qui m'a bien préparer pour mon nouvel emploi en TI !
- Life changer- 5/31/2019Mathieu • Developer @Fungo • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
I lived and breathed the CodeBoxx values for the entire duration of the program. I am truly convinced that the recipe to my future success involves these values: Going the extra mile, Excellence in execution, nimble and flexible mindset. CodeBoxx allowed me to kick off a real wave of positive changes in my life.
- From zero to hero- 7/28/2020Marc-A • DevOps Engineer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec CityAfter 16 weeks, I can work as developer and pursue my dream in the IT world! Codeboxx gives me the opportunity to build a toolbox. The IT world is all about community and team work. Codeboxx represent a day to day in a life of developer. I learn how to solve daily problem by myself and find resources to keep learning to be always on top in the IT career. No one will hold your hand if you want to work as a developer. You need to take care of yourself to step up against the competition with new skills. Great experience that I will never forget. Thanks again for this opportunity.
- Junior Developer- 6/25/2020François Larouche • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: PittsburghI would be lying to you if I told you that this is an easy program. It was the first time that I was in an academic context without marginal courses and I found it difficult at the beginning. I was completely out of my comfort zone and had to do things without fully understanding them and letting the magic happen. Yes, I experienced impostor syndrome for a while, but everything was set up once the boot camp was over. I have been working in this field for a year and a half now and I am improving day by day thanks to the help of my colleagues and the CodeBoxx values that I acquired during the Boot camp
- Not very ethical- run- 3/8/2020jessy belanger • web developer aspirant • Applicant • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: MontrealI went to one of their open doors with my friend. We met one of the students that we know at the main door.. What I understood is surprising.. First, all the reviews are from either the management or employees at codeboxx. I even talked to one of them and he is a recruiter for codeboxx .. Well according to the students,It is definitely not for beginners. The coaches are new, like don't exist, they have no clue about the curriculum. You are on your own and operate under the pressure of the management. The management are super arrogant especially the CEO, if you complain they will fire you and you will end up losing your time and probably your money .They will force you to leave under pressure , then they will ask you for a compensaton for the time you spent with them. The guy who knows what is going on about the curriculum is located in Quebec city and you need to write your question and wait hours to get an answer, the communication doesn't work very well. That when you know what is the problem.. Most of the time students are lost and are trying to help each other as they can. At the end of the day when you get the job they will take 20% of your salary. if you can get the job, you ll forced to stay with them for almost a year, all of that under pressure to force you either find a job or leave and pay them the 14000$.. And they will also paid by the companies..you will surely feel like merchandise, especially when they don't teach you. You will be left to your own.. Get an AEC it is much better and 5 times cheaper , this is what we decided to do ..I don't recommend codeboxx Montreal..
- Great Experience!- 7/25/2019Maxime Patry • Junior Dev • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City