Those interested in CodeBoxx must complete the registration form on the website. Registrants are automatically accepted and they only have to complete the enrollment process and pay the refundable security deposit to officially become candidates. Once enrolled, candidates will begin the 2-week selection program called Genesis to help determine if CodeBoxx is the right fit and allow each participant to see if the tech industry suits them. Students who are successful will move on to the 14-week Odyssey program, which is a set of 14 sprints covering 14 themes, always under a business simulation environment. Candidates who are unsuccessful in the Genesis section will receive a full refund of their deposit.
CodeBoxx has partnerships with tech companies from around the world to build an active placement program for graduates. Corporate partners include CGI, Coveo, La Capitale Assurance, Keyrus, Lucky Brand, Bond and many others. Once graduates land a job, either through partner or external businesses or their digital workshop, they will receive an invoice equivalent to 20% of their first year gross salary. CodeBoxx’s CEO Nicolas Genest has spent 20 years in the tech industry, including the last few as CTO of companies like The Real Real or Wal-Mart.
Recent CodeBoxx Reviews: Rating 4.96
Recent CodeBoxx News
In PersonFull Time16 Weeks
Deposit 2000 FinancingPartnership with financial institutions so you can repay your tuition on a longer period and also enjoy free banking services for the first year post-graduation! Tuition Plans 20% of the salary of your first year, activated only once we've found a job for you! Refund / Guarantee On completion of the Odyssey Program, we fully reimburse you the deposit. On completion, but failure of the Genesis program (first 2 weeks), we reimburse the deposit as well. It is all about not giving up.
Minimum Skill Level None Prep Work Exercises sent by email along with 3 quizzes to build your profile (english, tech and personality). The real test is the first 2 weeks with the Genesis program, where participants get to learn if technology is for them! Placement Test No Interview No
26 reviews sorted by:
- Career Changing- 9/1/2020Mathieu • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHubI have been looking for a career change for some time when I heard about CodeBoxx bootcamp. The fast pace of the program was a game changer for me because I couldn’t go back to college for an extended (2-3 years) period of time but I was ready to completely invest 16 weeks of my life.The program is set in a business simulation where you’ll be called to complete tasks for a fictional corporation. Those tasks get you through the basis of some of the most used programming languages and frameworks. Some of them are individual others with teammates.You have to learn so much in so little time (16 weeks) that it has to be intense and you must be prepared to work hard and commit many hours a week (don’t expect to go away with it in 40h a week).Don’t expect everything to be handed to you. What you get is assignments, access to coaches for guidance, an environment where competition and team spirit meets. In the end you won’t know everything about the languages and frameworks shown in the program. But I can tell you that no challenges will afraid you once your done with this.In the end, CodeBoxx is the best thing that could happen to my professional life. I would do it all over again.
- CodeBoxx Experiance- 8/26/2020Paul-Olivier • Dev Full Stack • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHubAs a graduate of the first cohort of Quebec, I can't say much apart that the program is functional and that it helps both 17-year-olds and adults of 40 and + to understand new technologies in programming. Since my graduation I have been working for codeboxx and I am able to fulfill contracts that I never thought I would be able to do, codeboxx helped me to discover life in technologies but also to develop my system for my resourcefulness and without this bootcamps I cannot would probably never be where I am today.
- Pro programmer for more than a year now- 8/19/2020Danny • Front-End Dev • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHubCodeBoxx certainly did it for me!
At the time I write this review (august 2020) I am a professionnal programmer working in one of the best company in Québec City Canada for more than a year.
Be ready to work hard and you will learn all you need to go forward into a new carreer.
Even now, after many lines of code merged into a very complex program. There are many things that I learned at CodeBoxx that are still very usefull.
Its honest and it works.
- A Life Changer- 8/17/2020Alexis Grenier • Junior FullStack Developer at Codeboxx • Student • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Montreal • Verified via GitHubI'm 19 year old and I am a graduate of codeboxx since a couple months ago, I really liked the experience of learning by myself at Codeboxx, growing up I always loved technology and I was always eager to learn more about it. I always knew I wanted to become a programmer but it's way easier said than done, there are alot of challenges to face, and that's where Codeboxx plays a major part, at Codeboxx you get the time, ressources and tools you need to motivate yourself and learn and do the bootcamp. Codeboxx did not teach me how to code, instead they teached me how to take these challenges head first and overcome them, they teached me how a real company works, they teached me that not everything will be given to you on a golden plate whenever you will be in business, nobody will be there to hold your hand and do everything for you. Codeboxx changed my life and also made me realize my childhood dream, which was to become a programmer. I would definitly recommend Codeboxx to anyone who is interested in technology
- Unique program and a wonderful team- 7/7/2020Agnes Vizvari • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHubWith CodeBoxx, programming has become a true love. They gave me the opportunity to start a new, exciting chapter in my life. Everybody was really supportive and kind in my cohort!It is a really intense 16 weeks and you can learn really much during that short period of time if you are devoted heart and soul to your work. Be open, flexible and dedicated and you will successfully complete the challenges!What I really loved in this program, the business simulation! The bootcamp feels like a real experience as you work in teams and individually too while answering for a fictional client’s needs. CodeBoxx is focusing on your soft skills next to the technical competences which is a huge advantage on the job market.Of course hard and confusing times could come but luckily a wonderful coach team backs you and you will learn how to deal with these moments. The school will support you in every way possible!
- The thrilling challenge- 11/21/2019Paul-Francois Bourgault • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
Following a career change, I did not have the time to go back 3 years to do college training in technology. The opportunity of the thrilling challenge of a boot camp at CodeBoxx has proved to be the best alternative for me. Training in 4 months has required a serious commitment and dedication, but it has really been worth it and I can now work in the field. Dedicated coaches, up-to-date classrooms and the learning of cutting edge techniques have changed the course of my life.
- A life changer- 7/25/2019Patrick Thibault • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
- Awesome bootcamp- 7/19/2019Guillaume Jacques • Project manager • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via LinkedIn
Codeboxx is an awesome bootcamp. The focus on business application and the new on demand technologies gives the participant a great preview of the upcoming years as a programmer in a business. The 16 weeks course is long enough to go through a lot of technologies and have a good base for years to come. It is also short enough to change career path relatively easily.
- Excellent, Sweet and Fast- 7/5/2019Simon • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
- Job guaranteed- 6/20/2019Jabir • Developper • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
- Codeboxx- 6/17/2019Dominic Villemure • Programmeur • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
Très bonne approche pour un apprentissage rapide avec des coach compétents. La formule permet le travail d'équipe et l'immersion dans des situations proche du milieu de travail réel. Bref, une expérience extraordinaire qui m'a bien préparer pour mon nouvel emploi en TI !
- Life changer- 5/31/2019Mathieu • Developer @Fungo • Graduate • Course: Accelerated Technology Program • Campus: Quebec City • Verified via GitHub
I lived and breathed the CodeBoxx values for the entire duration of the program. I am truly convinced that the recipe to my future success involves these values: Going the extra mile, Excellence in execution, nimble and flexible mindset. CodeBoxx allowed me to kick off a real wave of positive changes in my life.