codaisseur-logo

Codaisseur

Amsterdam

Codaisseur

Codaisseur offers an 11-week web development academy in Amsterdam. Their program prepares students for full-stack developer roles where professionals teach what they know and love through this unique course. In collaboration with industry professionals and employers, the Codaisseur Academy curriculum matches market demand. By starting with foundational knowledge of software development, students will then be equipped with cutting-edge technology skills by participating in code reviews, quality assessments, team collaboration, and more. All course materials and instruction are provided in English to best prepare students to work in an international coding environment. Students also receive access to Codaisseur's 2-year Junior Acceleration Program that aims to further training, support, and mentorship through one-on-one coaching and community to gain more skills to land ideal junior developer roles.

Recent Codaisseur Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (36) reviews for Codaisseur →

Recent Codaisseur News

• Codaisseur CODE Academy

Amsterdam
    Codaisseur Academy Become a web developer! Whether you are looking for a complete career switch, or interested in a week-long course about a specific technology. Our industry experts prepare you for a future in one of the most exciting industries to work in. We pride ourselves in the job guarantee that we offer on our 10-week program. We will invest in you, and work hard to get you there. Codaisseur graduates are the most hireable web developers because we share the same interest: If you succeed, we succeed.
    Refund / Guarantee
    If you are not hired within 3 months after graduation, then we will bear your *full* tuition fee.
    Codaisseur is a proud partner of the Start&Code Program. The program is financially supported by the JP Morgan Foundation. Apply for you scholarship today, and change your life!
    Interview

• Amazing experience
    - 1/12/2018
    Anja  User Photo
    Anja • Junior Front End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Codaisseur Academy was an amazing journey. In two crazy months, full of hard work I learned more then I thought I am going to in such a short period of time and with no previous experience. Just one month after finishing the academy I got amazing job opportunity. The program is well structured and team is great and very supportive. If you want to place a job in web development, you should definitely take Codaisseur course since it provides you with enough knowledge to do so in just two months!!

• Love Codaisseur!
    - 8/1/2019
    Albert Smit  User Photo
    Albert Smit • Full Stack Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I started doing Codaisseur without any prior coding experience. I had great classmates, there was a great atmosphere, and the teachers were patient and helpful. Codaisseur hasn't just taught me how to code, it's taught me the 'strong independent developer mindset'. This means I now know how to quickly learn a new programming language, how to be persistent, and how to push through when having a hard time. To me, these are extra life skills I have gained. It sounds cheesy, but it has really changed me as a person (ask my mom, she'll confirm). ;-)

• Bruna  User Photo
    Bruna • Front-end developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Since the first interview at Codaisseur I knew it wouldn't be easy, and it wasn't.

It was intensive, hard and it demanded almost all of my time, but it was definitely the best choice I could've made. Codaisseur staff was always helpful and friendly, teachers master the art of coding, the whole program is well structured and always being improved. By the end of the academy I had quite a few projects to show on my portfolio. I kept coding and working on my own projects and 1 month after I graduated I got a job as a junior front-end developer.

• Short and intense
    Robert den Ouden  User Photo
    Robert den Ouden • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to learn something new every day and don't mind a bit of stress while you learn this is the place. In about 2 months time you get to learn all about front-end and back-end web development, and you get to do a project for a real company that could potentially employ you.

• Michiel de Vos  User Photo
    Michiel de Vos • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

With total dedication I quit my job and enrolled into the Codaisseur Academy. Best choice of my life!

In a nine week immersive program you will be introduced to almost every element of web development. You will spend countless hours coding, working together and reading, lots of reading!

Will you be a seasoned developer at the end, when you graduate? No! But by then you should have gained confidence and self-dependency. Combined with all that you learned this will make you employable. I found a job as developer within a month of graduating.

Next to the whole educational experience Codaisseur was also always a great host. When you commit to this challenge, be prepared to make alot of new friends and for dreams about code!

If you have any questions regarding the Academy then do not hesitate to contact me via LinkedIn.

• Tobia  User Photo
    Tobia • Frontend engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

In my free time, I already used to code for personal projects or small websites but I never felt confident enough to try a developer career so I always opted for roles more connected to communication, marketing, and project management.

At Codaissuer I learned how to tackle tech issues, which tool use for developing, debugging, testing, committing, deploying and which are the basic concepts behind web and mobile development.

The course is very well structured and provides tutorials and articles for each lesson that are very helpful during the day to day activities. The ruby on rails part has a great reliable documentation that brought me to build interactive apps. On the contrary, the React module felt more confusing but thanks to the basis gained in the previous weeks I was able to face it as a challenge and I enjoyed the personal discovery of many solutions.

The ability to look autonomously for solutions and the confidence to not stop in front of any obstacle are probably the biggest skills I gained, now I don't feel lost anymore and I know who to call when I need some guidance.

I strongly recommend this kind of training to people that are seriously willing to commit, the personal motivation is the key to be successful.

After less than a month of finishing the training, I was already working as frontend developer with React.

• Lorenzo Grandi  User Photo
    Lorenzo Grandi • Junior developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I was looking for coding schools in the Netherlands, one single data point made me go for Codaisseur: not all of the students make it to the end of the 9 weeks. This is unfortunate on one hand because it sucks to be rejected. On the other hand, it means that at the end of the school you'll have accomplished a great deal and you'll be ready to start looking for a job in web development.
    So don't make any plans for these 9 weeks, because you'll be at school during the day and you'll be working on assignments during the weekend. You'll be frustrated at times but you'll also get rewarded more and more as soon as things start making sense in your head.
    I recommend the school 100% - just don't assume you can make it to the end without fully committing to it ;)

PS. I got a good job offer within 30 days from the end of the school.

• Maja  User Photo
    Maja • Frontend web developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you are serious about learning how to code and finding a job as a junior web developer I would definitely recommend this course.

I had no previous experience with coding and now I work as front-end developer in one of the strongest companies in Netherlands.

Training requires high motivation and dedication but if you make it, you're almost guaranteed an entry level dev position thanks to high market demand. It is also a nice community to be a part of.

Some of the teachers are great, some not so methodological  but you learn most by doing (through frustration;) anyway.

Only advice is to read the contract carefully before starting the course as there are 2y financial attachments (for your future employer or yourself).

• Steve Galili  User Photo
    Steve Galili • Full stack web developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When starting my journey with Codaisseur I didn't emagine I'd learn so much in such short period of time and at the end of the day also gain long life friends.

What I enjoyed the most during the 8 weeks academy were the passionate teachers and the informal good vibe that Codaisseur had to offer.

During the last week of the academy, we had given the opportunity to work on a real world project simulating work procedures with a client. At the end of that week you get the chance to demo the project (and celebrating the end of the course) in front of companies, friends and family.

After finishing the course a lof of job opportunities has been opened up for me. With the help and guidance of coaches (thanks Matt) from Codaisseur I've landed a job with in 6 weeks after ending the course.

• Samuel  User Photo
    Samuel • Junior webdeveloper • Student Verified via GitHub

Codaisseur is a great start if you want to become a (web)developer. When I started the course I had a little experience in development but not much. The course got me up to a higher level within two month. After that I was able to build my own simple website and get more skills on my own.

• Rein Op 't Land  User Photo
    Rein Op 't Land • Freelance Fullstack Webdeveloper • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from Codaisseur Academy #4 and doing the program worked out very well for me.

It opened up many job opportunities at startups and other tech companies in the Amsterdam area. The working environment is stimulating and I find working as a programmer a challenging and fun!

Why I chose Codaisseur over other bootcamps in the area:

- The program is designed to make your future employer pay for your training. Therefore the initial fee is not that high.

- My interests and Codaisseurs were aligned. If I didn’t get a job then the bootcamp would not get paid.

- They offer continued training after the initial 2 months of training are over.

- Talking to some of the teachers at the Taste of Code (a programming workshop they organize) gave me a feeling they were passionate about teaching programming (they are)

My experience of the program

The program is challenging but very doable. The program has a hands on approach where you have to look for your own solutions. Weekly projects teach you how to work together with other developers. I was amazed at what we could build during week after with only 2 or 3 weeks experience. This a webshop we built during week 3  (it takes a little while to load because its on a free heroku plan).

The material they use to teach is constantly being improved and updated. The bootcamp introduces you to many concepts, some languages and tools. You’re not meant to master all of it in 2 months. You’re meant to grasp everything good enough to be able to contribute to a development team in a meaningful way. Akin to a driverslicense.

The teachers will provide you with challenges which are suited to your level. They do aim to train junior developers that they themselves would higher so there is definitely a bar that your work and attitude has to pass.

I cleared my schedule for the 8 weeks of the program which I can recommend you do.

Post Bootcamp

I got hired after a month at a fintech startup. I got the job lead through Codaisseur. I worked there for 6 months but I left because of funding reasons. Right now I’m working freelance on different projects. The ability to ask questions to teachers at any time is very valuable especially now that I work freelance.

In closing:

Overall working as a programmer has provided me with work that I enjoy doing, great colleagues and a steady income. Codaisseur made the career move to being a programmer much more accessible I don’t think I could have done it by myself.

• The missing link
    - 5/10/2017
    JT Breunissen  User Photo
    JT Breunissen • Graduate Verified via GitHub

With a history in business analysis at a bank, I worked alongside developers a lot. But, I didn't see an opportunity to start coding myself. Ofcourse there are many sources online that offer help with learning to code, but as many sources as there may be, with limited knowledge it is hard to get past obstacles because you simply don't know what to look for or where to start.

Then I found out about Codaisseur, their model for the bootcamp spoke to me directly. After visiting the information evening, my mind was made up, I figured this would be the best way of changing careers and dive into coding/ web development.

I enrolled last minute for the March 2017 Academy. The first week started with a bootcamp that covers the basics of mostly Front End Development. HTML/CSS and some Ruby on Rails, with a Hackathon to round the week off.

After the first week, the tempo went up, as we were steamed ready for development using Ruby on Rails. Diving into authorisation, associations/ data models, and API's. The teachers deliver this content with a lot of enjoyment, patience and experience, and this approach is what set this course apart from self studying the most.

Going into week 5, the pace went up yet again, with JavaScript, React/Redux and more API's. With assignments ranging from making a simple To-Do app, to making a multiplayer game. Eventually rounding the Academy off with a real-life project, where you develop for an app for a "real company".

A digital reader accompanies you through the weeks of your study. Overall this reader gives you a great base to start working from, and it great for reference if you ever feel like you need to refresh on something you did earlier. Since the course is still evolving, we did sometimes run into some issues where the reader wasn't updated yet from the last batch, but these issues were always resolved quickly.

Looking back at the 8 weeks of Codaisseur Academy, I really think I made the right choice joining them. Being taught by experienced teachers has given me a solid knowledge base to work and grow from. I feel confident in the fact that I don't know everything yet, but I know where to find the needed information and will be able to apply it.

Are you thinking about joining the Codaisseur Academy? These are some points I have taken from it:

- This course will take all your time (and energy) for the 8 weeks, dont think you'll be able to have a busy schedule next to it.

- Try doing some online courses and do them for a few days full time. If you don't mind the time you are spending on it, great. If you can't wait for the day to end, maybe rethink if this Academy is for you.

- During the course, don't hold back asking questions or answering questions you are not sure about. It will only help you understand, and will show the teachers what you are thinking off.

• Tim   User Photo
    Tim • Javascript developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I really feel like Codaisseur and the choice of working for immidi was the best thing that could have happened to me. I met the founders of my company at the graduation ceremony and I was hired as a JavaScript developer only 2 months after graduating from the Academy; it’s my second week now and we are just about to finish a React Native app for a big client!

Response From: Lisa of Codaisseur
    Title: Admissions Team
    Monday, Apr 29 2019
    Hey Tim!

The team here at Codaisseur is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we're proud to be the #1 coding schools in Amsterdam!

Did you know that we are organising a reunion for all of our Graduates? Follow us on Instagram  to stay up to date on breaking news!

We look forward to seeing you onsite soon!
    Annie • Student
    Despite completing all pre-learnings as requested, and all course and homework, they said I failed to keep up. Only those could keep up who got external help or have prior programming experience. For those worth to try, for others waisted time. Before judging, I am a mensa member. I just believed the advertisement. But at least I learned that how to use github. I did not gave up, I am looking for the next course more careful.
  • Web Developer
    Giulio Gallerini • FullStack Engineer • Student

At Codaisseur you will meet people that care about coding but not only, you will also encounter fantastic personalities ready to help, have a chat or drink a beer at any moment. I already had a computer science background when I joined Codaisseur and their course put me up to speed with the latest tech out there and I had already found a job the day after I finished the course!

If you are a person with motivation and passion for coding but you don't know how to start your adventure in the real world.. then Codaisseur it's the place for you!

Thank you guys!

• Excellent course
    - 2/19/2018
    Jaosn • Software Developer • Graduate

Really enjoyed the personal approach of the Codaisseur Academy. You're not just a number but they'll invest time to coach and assist you where possible. Even afterwards They'll look over your resume's and cover letters (if you want them to) etc. Also The course pretty much lets you be productive at a company from the get go. Even if the stack is slightly different the approach will let you ask the right questions and though you're not as fast as the more experienced developers (who've often been working on the project for longer) you are an asset from the first moment onwards.

• Mojgan Zolghadr • Graduate

When I first played with the idea of making a career switch from fashion to coding, I never imagined it would be such a smooth process. Don’t get me wrong, the bootcamp was a great challenge for me. But from the very start the team at Codaisseur has been tremendously supportive, to all of us. Their support gave me the confidence to push trough and finish the bootcamp (with a bit of sweat and tears and long nights). I gained so much knowledge and experience. I always felt that the team was genuinely wanted me to so succeed. Their involvement in this sense was very valuable to me.

A few months down the line I’m proud to say I’m at the start of my new job in IT, within an organisation I feel very much connected to. Thank you Codaisseur for making this possible!!

• EvaP • Graduate

As you can gather from the other reviews, things will get intense: make sure to come to an introduction night and know what you are getting yourself into. You'll need to be the type of learner who fairs well with obsession, because for eight weeks, you'll live and breathe web development. Not only will there be an insane amount of coding, but there will be a lot of attention to teamwork and web development as a job as well. Don't worry, there's good coffee and a whole community of students and teachers to help you through. For me, this was the perfect program to change careers in a fast and affordable way. It's a rollercoaster, but you'll be amazed at what you'll have achieved in eight weeks.

• Jan-Sijmen Zwarts • Graduate

If you feel programming could be your new gig, Codaisseur is definitely the fastest way to get there. And by getting there I mean:

- Gain >500 hrs of coding experience

- Learn to build your own web applications from the ground up using the latest frameworks and technologies

- Kickstart your career with hands-on coding experience with real life projects

All in all, it has been a worthwhile 2 months and I feel completely on track for a career as junior web developer now.

• Adriana • Graduate

I entered Codaisseur Academy with no knowledge in programming or anything related. The amount of stuff you learn in just two months is amazing and the chances of landing into a tech job afterwards are great. Be prepared for a lot of hard work, though.

The teachers are very experienced, patient and willing to assist you with any problem you have - not only related to coding but also related to the stress and insecurities of a career change. The class is small enough for you to know everyone, so in the end the students also help each other a lot. The course itself seems to be improving at every batch (I was part of batch 5).

It's been now almost one year since I finished the course and I am currently working as a full stack developer (I got a job around 3 months after finishing the course). I got hired to work with technologies that I have never seen before, but Codaisseur Academy did a great job in teaching me how to learn new stuff too!

• Florestan

Codaisseur’s no-nonsense approach focuses your attention on the essential skills and best practices that make you a productive developer with tons of practical experience.

Pros:

After exactly six month since setting foot in the Codaisseur boot camp I landed a job as a front end developer. Compared to other juniors I stack up quite nicely, because I’m well versed in the basics, slightly more experienced in algorithmic thinking and usually more well rounded in the team work aspect of software development. No prior development experience, all thanks to this course (and lots and lots of hard work, so be prepared for those all-nighters)

Cons:

This is only IF you pass the assessments and graduate (we had about 60% pass rate): You do not get any leads or job opportunities from the school itself, you’re pretty much on your own looking for a job after graduation. They do help setting up your post academy portfolio, LinkedIn and advise you on presentation and professionalism. They send you weekly update forms to keep track of your application process and if you don’t manage to send out two applications per week, you risk owing the remainder of the school fee personally. To be fair, my current employer covers my fee and finding a job is not hard at the moment :)

• Michal • Technical Support Engineer • Graduate

I've been in the batch #2 and the whole program was still developing at that point - this meant that the curriculum was still going through some iterations and also the teacher pool was different from today. Since I kept frequenting the office/classroom for some time after I graduated, I know first-hand that a lot has changed since and that it is all going the right direction, though.

Subject-wise, you probably wanna do some research as to what technology stack you wanna learn, we were focusing mainly on Ruby on Rails and, to my knowledge, only a small minority of my classmates ended up actually working with it. On the other hand, most of us did end up landing a job and with the foundations obtained during the course were able to learn the new technology.

As for the outcome, you get what you invest - in the matter of time and effort - and Codaisseur is well capable of providing an environment that will help you succeed; don't expect them to do the work for you, though - and this applies also to the job-hunting process. Finishing the course successfully is only one part of the whole process and, while Codaisseur will try and help you with finding the job, in my case this process took almost 6 months and from big part was fuelled by reaching out to prospective employers on my own. I also found it very difficult to convince companies to pay some extra to re-pay my course so ended up paying the course back myself (I still think it's well worth it given what I get in return - an amazing job that I enjoy). During this whole process guys at Coddaiseur did not give up on me, though, and I'm thankful for that.

• Claudia • Front-end developer • Graduate
    I've never worked as hard for anything as for this, but it was well worth it! I am now a front-end developer thanks to the Codaisseur program and couldn't be happier with it. I would really recommend Codaisseur to anyone who wants to switch career or get a head start in programming. The curriculum is extensive, they go fast, and it's exhausting, but that's what it takes to get where I am at in just two months. The classes are a great size, everyone there is motivated and it is great to work on projects together as well as on individual assignments.
  • Maurice Smorenberg • Software Developer • Graduate

Codaisseur is great place to kickstart your career as a Developer. Thanks to the many topics they offer during the course you get the opportunity to learn fast and discover what you can do best. Not in the last place Codaisseur is a hub for connections and inspiration.

• The Future
    - 9/13/2017
    Mariano Racca • Backend Web Developer • Graduate

Like most of the other reviews, I took the course and loved it's intense pace and friendly environment. Then I graduated and got a job relatively quickly (in my case I wasn't even looking for one). So it is great for that.

Unlike (most of) the other reviews, I was one of the first courses (3rd I believe) and I stuck around because I was curious of how the academy grew and the new graduates (also because I kept learning even after I graduated). As someone who looked into the future of the Academy and experienced it firsthand, I saw how they cared and improved very rapidly from course to course, even day to day. Nowadays, they learn a lot more newer and updated things and the style has grown even more efficient and friendly than it was before.

I see a bright future in this academy and I reccomend you be part of what learning should be like. You might even see me around at advanced class.