Codaisseur offers an 11-week web development academy in Amsterdam. Their program prepares students for full-stack developer roles where professionals teach what they know and love through this unique course. In collaboration with industry professionals and employers, the Codaisseur Academy curriculum matches market demand. By starting with foundational knowledge of software development, students will then be equipped with cutting-edge technology skills by participating in code reviews, quality assessments, team collaboration, and more. All course materials and instruction are provided in English to best prepare students to work in an international coding environment.
Applicants do not need previous technical experience to join Codaisseur, but they must take two technical tests and participate in an interview as part of the application process. the Codaisseur team belives that a strong motivation and dedication are the best drivers for success.
The Codaisseur team works to ensure graduates are hired as junior software engineers within 3 months of graduating. During the job application phase, graduates must apply for 4 jobs per week. Employers pay the bulk of the tuition cost. Every year Codaisseur offers scholarships to 53 students.
Recent Codaisseur Reviews: Rating 4.71
Recent Codaisseur News
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week11 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost €800 Class size 25 Location AmsterdamCodaisseur Academy Become a web developer! Whether you are looking for a complete career switch or are interested in a week-long course on a specific technology, our software development experts will prepare you for a future in one of the most exciting industries to work in. We pride ourselves in the job guarantee that we offer on our 11-week program. We will invest in you and work hard to help you get your first developer job. Codaisseur graduates are the most hireable web developers because we share the same interest: if you succeed, we succeed.
Deposit We offer a Job Guarantee! We work with a 'no cure, no pay' model. Financing800 euros in Admission fees. Tuition Plans The company that hires you pays the tuition fee. Refund / Guarantee If you are not hired within 3 months after graduation, then we will bear your *full* tuition fee. Scholarship Codaisseur is a proud partner of the Start&Code Program by INCO, which is financially supported by the JP Morgan Chase Foundation. Every year, INCO makes a number of Codaisseur Academy scholarships available to people with an unconventional background.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
41 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Intense but fun, and it really works!- 2/7/2020Alastair Haigh • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Academy • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via GitHubI have never learned so much in such a short time as I did in the ten weeks of teaching at Codaisseur. The course is structured to give students enough knowledge to be ready to begin a junior web development job at the end. I won't give precise details of the curriculum because it changes all the time to reflect the latest trends in web development. What is a constant however is the quality of the teaching: the instructors really care about the subject and want every student to get the very most out of the lessons. The final week, in which new graduates are given help in building their CVs, applying for jobs and preparing for interviews was also invaluable. I really can't recommend this course highly enough for anyone interested in changing their career.
- Highly recommending it- 2/7/2020Adél Beatrix Tancsik • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Academy • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via GitHub11 weeks may sound long, but for me, it passed so fast. Codaisseur's Code Academy helped me find my passion for coding, and I feel like I made the right choice choosing them for my next step in changing my career. I must say it was challenging and you need the right motivation to succeed, but the teachers are really helpful and encouraging. The study materials are clear and comprehensible, the teachers are always there to answer questions, while you also learn to solve problems yourself. Codaisseur has a great atmosphere with really nice people, which I'll miss and I hope to find a similar environment to work at, as a Web Developer. I highly recommend enrolling, you won't regret it!
- Life changing experience- 1/30/2020Lucas Pascholatti • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Academy • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
- Love Codaisseur!- 8/1/2019Albert Smit • Full Stack Developer • Student • Course: Codaisseur Academy • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
I started doing Codaisseur without any prior coding experience. I had great classmates, there was a great atmosphere, and the teachers were patient and helpful. Codaisseur hasn't just taught me how to code, it's taught me the 'strong independent developer mindset'. This means I now know how to quickly learn a new programming language, how to be persistent, and how to push through when having a hard time. To me, these are extra life skills I have gained. It sounds cheesy, but it has really changed me as a person (ask my mom, she'll confirm). ;-)
- Challenging, hard and totally worth it- 3/14/2018Bruna • Front-end developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
Since the first interview at Codaisseur I knew it wouldn't be easy, and it wasn't.
It was intensive, hard and it demanded almost all of my time, but it was definitely the best choice I could've made. Codaisseur staff was always helpful and friendly, teachers master the art of coding, the whole program is well structured and always being improved. By the end of the academy I had quite a few projects to show on my portfolio. I kept coding and working on my own projects and 1 month after I graduated I got a job as a junior front-end developer.
- Short and intense- 3/14/2018Robert den Ouden • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
If you want to learn something new every day and don't mind a bit of stress while you learn this is the place. In about 2 months time you get to learn all about front-end and back-end web development, and you get to do a project for a real company that could potentially employ you.
- Amazing experience- 1/12/2018Anja • Junior Front End Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
Codaisseur Academy was an amazing journey. In two crazy months, full of hard work I learned more then I thought I am going to in such a short period of time and with no previous experience. Just one month after finishing the academy I got amazing job opportunity. The program is well structured and team is great and very supportive. If you want to place a job in web development, you should definitely take Codaisseur course since it provides you with enough knowledge to do so in just two months!!
- Unlock your potential!- 10/4/2017Michiel de Vos • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
With total dedication I quit my job and enrolled into the Codaisseur Academy. Best choice of my life!
In a nine week immersive program you will be introduced to almost every element of web development. You will spend countless hours coding, working together and reading, lots of reading!
Will you be a seasoned developer at the end, when you graduate? No! But by then you should have gained confidence and self-dependency. Combined with all that you learned this will make you employable. I found a job as developer within a month of graduating.
Next to the whole educational experience Codaisseur was also always a great host. When you commit to this challenge, be prepared to make alot of new friends and for dreams about code!
If you have any questions regarding the Academy then do not hesitate to contact me via LinkedIn.
- from project manager to developer- 9/27/2017Tobia • Frontend engineer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
In my free time, I already used to code for personal projects or small websites but I never felt confident enough to try a developer career so I always opted for roles more connected to communication, marketing, and project management.
At Codaissuer I learned how to tackle tech issues, which tool use for developing, debugging, testing, committing, deploying and which are the basic concepts behind web and mobile development.
The course is very well structured and provides tutorials and articles for each lesson that are very helpful during the day to day activities. The ruby on rails part has a great reliable documentation that brought me to build interactive apps. On the contrary, the React module felt more confusing but thanks to the basis gained in the previous weeks I was able to face it as a challenge and I enjoyed the personal discovery of many solutions.
The ability to look autonomously for solutions and the confidence to not stop in front of any obstacle are probably the biggest skills I gained, now I don't feel lost anymore and I know who to call when I need some guidance.
I strongly recommend this kind of training to people that are seriously willing to commit, the personal motivation is the key to be successful.
After less than a month of finishing the training, I was already working as frontend developer with React.
- Up for the challenge?- 9/25/2017Lorenzo Grandi • Junior developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
When I was looking for coding schools in the Netherlands, one single data point made me go for Codaisseur: not all of the students make it to the end of the 9 weeks. This is unfortunate on one hand because it sucks to be rejected. On the other hand, it means that at the end of the school you'll have accomplished a great deal and you'll be ready to start looking for a job in web development.
So don't make any plans for these 9 weeks, because you'll be at school during the day and you'll be working on assignments during the weekend. You'll be frustrated at times but you'll also get rewarded more and more as soon as things start making sense in your head.
I recommend the school 100% - just don't assume you can make it to the end without fully committing to it ;)
PS. I got a good job offer within 30 days from the end of the school.
- A great opportunity, great community!- 9/16/2017Steve Galili • Full stack web developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
When starting my journey with Codaisseur I didn't emagine I'd learn so much in such short period of time and at the end of the day also gain long life friends.
What I enjoyed the most during the 8 weeks academy were the passionate teachers and the informal good vibe that Codaisseur had to offer.
During the last week of the academy, we had given the opportunity to work on a real world project simulating work procedures with a client. At the end of that week you get the chance to demo the project (and celebrating the end of the course) in front of companies, friends and family.
After finishing the course a lof of job opportunities has been opened up for me. With the help and guidance of coaches (thanks Matt) from Codaisseur I've landed a job with in 6 weeks after ending the course.
- Great start for development career- 5/12/2017Samuel • Junior webdeveloper • Student • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via GitHub
Codaisseur is a great start if you want to become a (web)developer. When I started the course I had a little experience in development but not much. The course got me up to a higher level within two month. After that I was able to build my own simple website and get more skills on my own.
- A bootcamp which aligns its interests with yours- 5/10/2017Rein Op 't Land • Freelance Fullstack Webdeveloper • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedIn
I graduated from Codaisseur Academy #4 and doing the program worked out very well for me.
It opened up many job opportunities at startups and other tech companies in the Amsterdam area. The working environment is stimulating and I find working as a programmer a challenging and fun!
Why I chose Codaisseur over other bootcamps in the area:
- The program is designed to make your future employer pay for your training. Therefore the initial fee is not that high.
- My interests and Codaisseurs were aligned. If I didn’t get a job then the bootcamp would not get paid.
- They offer continued training after the initial 2 months of training are over.
- Talking to some of the teachers at the Taste of Code (a programming workshop they organize) gave me a feeling they were passionate about teaching programming (they are)
My experience of the program
The program is challenging but very doable. The program has a hands on approach where you have to look for your own solutions. Weekly projects teach you how to work together with other developers. I was amazed at what we could build during week after with only 2 or 3 weeks experience. This a webshop we built during week 3 (it takes a little while to load because its on a free heroku plan).
The material they use to teach is constantly being improved and updated. The bootcamp introduces you to many concepts, some languages and tools. You’re not meant to master all of it in 2 months. You’re meant to grasp everything good enough to be able to contribute to a development team in a meaningful way. Akin to a driverslicense.
The teachers will provide you with challenges which are suited to your level. They do aim to train junior developers that they themselves would higher so there is definitely a bar that your work and attitude has to pass.
I cleared my schedule for the 8 weeks of the program which I can recommend you do.
I got hired after a month at a fintech startup. I got the job lead through Codaisseur. I worked there for 6 months but I left because of funding reasons. Right now I’m working freelance on different projects. The ability to ask questions to teachers at any time is very valuable especially now that I work freelance.
Overall working as a programmer has provided me with work that I enjoy doing, great colleagues and a steady income. Codaisseur made the career move to being a programmer much more accessible I don’t think I could have done it by myself.
- The missing link- 5/10/2017JT Breunissen • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via GitHub
With a history in business analysis at a bank, I worked alongside developers a lot. But, I didn't see an opportunity to start coding myself. Ofcourse there are many sources online that offer help with learning to code, but as many sources as there may be, with limited knowledge it is hard to get past obstacles because you simply don't know what to look for or where to start.
Then I found out about Codaisseur, their model for the bootcamp spoke to me directly. After visiting the information evening, my mind was made up, I figured this would be the best way of changing careers and dive into coding/ web development.
I enrolled last minute for the March 2017 Academy. The first week started with a bootcamp that covers the basics of mostly Front End Development. HTML/CSS and some Ruby on Rails, with a Hackathon to round the week off.
After the first week, the tempo went up, as we were steamed ready for development using Ruby on Rails. Diving into authorisation, associations/ data models, and API's. The teachers deliver this content with a lot of enjoyment, patience and experience, and this approach is what set this course apart from self studying the most.
A digital reader accompanies you through the weeks of your study. Overall this reader gives you a great base to start working from, and it great for reference if you ever feel like you need to refresh on something you did earlier. Since the course is still evolving, we did sometimes run into some issues where the reader wasn't updated yet from the last batch, but these issues were always resolved quickly.
Looking back at the 8 weeks of Codaisseur Academy, I really think I made the right choice joining them. Being taught by experienced teachers has given me a solid knowledge base to work and grow from. I feel confident in the fact that I don't know everything yet, but I know where to find the needed information and will be able to apply it.
Are you thinking about joining the Codaisseur Academy? These are some points I have taken from it:
- This course will take all your time (and energy) for the 8 weeks, dont think you'll be able to have a busy schedule next to it.
- Try doing some online courses and do them for a few days full time. If you don't mind the time you are spending on it, great. If you can't wait for the day to end, maybe rethink if this Academy is for you.
- During the course, don't hold back asking questions or answering questions you are not sure about. It will only help you understand, and will show the teachers what you are thinking off.
Response From: Lisa of CodaisseurTitle: Admissions TeamMonday, Apr 29 2019Hey Tim!
The team here at Codaisseur is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we're proud to be the #1 coding schools in Amsterdam!
Did you know that we are organising a reunion for all of our Graduates? Follow us on Instagram to stay up to date on breaking news!
We look forward to seeing you onsite soon!
- Great school, jump-started my development career- 2/10/2020Gordon • Front-end Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Academy • Campus: AmsterdamI joined Codaisseur after completing my master's because I was officially done with academia and I wanted to become a web developer. And it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
The 11-week bootcamp was difficult, I'd say even more so than the mphil I did before in some aspects. It was really 9:30 - 6 every single day and I could only catch my breath on the weekends, but I chose to study anyways because it was very easy to fall behind given the speed and intensity of the course--and trust me--you do not want to fall behind. I have never worked this hard in my life and the hard work really paid off.
In retrospect, the program is exactly what people need when they feel unsatisfied with their current endeavors and are in search of something more fulfilling. It is a trial by fire that will challenge candidates on multiple levels. In the end, you'd come through with a growth mindset and a much better work ethic. The more you're pushed, the further you'd go.
Web development is a hot property in the market right now since virtually every company is undergoing digitalization. Among the many alumni, 3 graduates now work in de Bijenkorf e-commerce team, which exemplifies some wonderful opportunities the course opens for you (given you are good enough to pass).
The programming teachers are experienced, passionate, and patient; and in the end there is a one-week career accelerator program that shapes you up to be a competent job hunter.
10/10 would do that again.
- Great opportunity- 11/27/2019Mirtles • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Academy • Campus: Amsterdam
Codaisseur was very, very challenging - very little sleep, needing to be super focused, and learning new things every single day for 10 weeks all take their toll. Yet I would do it all again in a heartbeat.
With React and NodeJS as the main focus, the curriculum was perfectly adapted to the current market. Lessons were fast-paced but well structured, with ample support from excellent teachers and teaching assistants. Questions were always encouraged, and feedback for homework and project-based work was clear and constructive. The job search workshops in week 11 were excellent as well, as were the meetings and feedback sessions with the career advisor afterwards. I found a job within a month.
I personally had no coding experience before joining, and now I'm quite comfortable building a web application with a basic server to support it. If someone had told me what I'd be able to do after just 10 weeks, I would've probably laughed at them. Sorry, hypothetical person. You were right and I was wrong.
- One of the best choices of my life- 3/14/2018Daniel Verstegen • Developer @ ViriCiti • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
- Student- 3/14/2018Annie • Student • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: AmsterdamDespite completing all pre-learnings as requested, and all course and homework, they said I failed to keep up. Only those could keep up who got external help or have prior programming experience. For those worth to try, for others waisted time. Before judging, I am a mensa member. I just believed the advertisement. But at least I learned that how to use github. I did not gave up, I am looking for the next course more careful.
- Web Developer- 3/14/2018Giulio Gallerini • FullStack Engineer • Student • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
At Codaisseur you will meet people that care about coding but not only, you will also encounter fantastic personalities ready to help, have a chat or drink a beer at any moment. I already had a computer science background when I joined Codaisseur and their course put me up to speed with the latest tech out there and I had already found a job the day after I finished the course!
If you are a person with motivation and passion for coding but you don't know how to start your adventure in the real world.. then Codaisseur it's the place for you!
Thank you guys!
- Excellent course- 2/19/2018Jaosn • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
Really enjoyed the personal approach of the Codaisseur Academy. You're not just a number but they'll invest time to coach and assist you where possible. Even afterwards They'll look over your resume's and cover letters (if you want them to) etc. Also The course pretty much lets you be productive at a company from the get go. Even if the stack is slightly different the approach will let you ask the right questions and though you're not as fast as the more experienced developers (who've often been working on the project for longer) you are an asset from the first moment onwards.
- Codaisseur helped to make it possible- 12/20/2017Mojgan Zolghadr • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
When I first played with the idea of making a career switch from fashion to coding, I never imagined it would be such a smooth process. Don’t get me wrong, the bootcamp was a great challenge for me. But from the very start the team at Codaisseur has been tremendously supportive, to all of us. Their support gave me the confidence to push trough and finish the bootcamp (with a bit of sweat and tears and long nights). I gained so much knowledge and experience. I always felt that the team was genuinely wanted me to so succeed. Their involvement in this sense was very valuable to me.
A few months down the line I’m proud to say I’m at the start of my new job in IT, within an organisation I feel very much connected to. Thank you Codaisseur for making this possible!!
- If you love web development, you'll love the Academy- 10/26/2017EvaP • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
As you can gather from the other reviews, things will get intense: make sure to come to an introduction night and know what you are getting yourself into. You'll need to be the type of learner who fairs well with obsession, because for eight weeks, you'll live and breathe web development. Not only will there be an insane amount of coding, but there will be a lot of attention to teamwork and web development as a job as well. Don't worry, there's good coffee and a whole community of students and teachers to help you through. For me, this was the perfect program to change careers in a fast and affordable way. It's a rollercoaster, but you'll be amazed at what you'll have achieved in eight weeks.
- Thinking about programming?- 10/26/2017Jan-Sijmen Zwarts • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
If you feel programming could be your new gig, Codaisseur is definitely the fastest way to get there. And by getting there I mean:
- Gain >500 hrs of coding experience
- Learn to build your own web applications from the ground up using the latest frameworks and technologies
- Kickstart your career with hands-on coding experience with real life projects
All in all, it has been a worthwhile 2 months and I feel completely on track for a career as junior web developer now.
- Adriana • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
I entered Codaisseur Academy with no knowledge in programming or anything related. The amount of stuff you learn in just two months is amazing and the chances of landing into a tech job afterwards are great. Be prepared for a lot of hard work, though.
The teachers are very experienced, patient and willing to assist you with any problem you have - not only related to coding but also related to the stress and insecurities of a career change. The class is small enough for you to know everyone, so in the end the students also help each other a lot. The course itself seems to be improving at every batch (I was part of batch 5).
It's been now almost one year since I finished the course and I am currently working as a full stack developer (I got a job around 3 months after finishing the course). I got hired to work with technologies that I have never seen before, but Codaisseur Academy did a great job in teaching me how to learn new stuff too!