codaisseur-logo

Codaisseur

Amsterdam

Codaisseur

Codaisseur offers an 11-week web development and cybersecurity academy in Amsterdam and online. Their program prepares students for full-stack developer roles where professionals teach what they know and love through this unique course. In collaboration with industry professionals and employers, the Codaisseur Academy curriculum matches market demand. By starting with foundational knowledge of software development, students will then be equipped with cutting-edge technology skills by participating in code reviews, quality assessments, team collaboration, and more. All course materials and instruction are provided in English to best prepare students to work in an international coding environment.

Applicants do not need previous technical experience to join Codaisseur, but they must take three tests (basic JavaScript, logic, and English) and participate in an interview as part of the application process. The Codaisseur team believes that a strong motivation and dedication are the best drivers for success.

The Codaisseur team works to ensure graduates are hired as junior software engineers within 5 months of graduating. During the job application phase, graduates must do everything within reason to secure gainful employment in their field of study. Employers pay the bulk of the tuition cost.

Recent Codaisseur Reviews: Rating 4.64

all (78) reviews for Codaisseur →

Recent Codaisseur News

Read all (3) articles about Codaisseur →
  • Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model

Cost800
    LocationAmsterdam
    Codaisseur Academy Become a web developer! Whether you are looking for a complete career switch or are interested in a week-long course on a specific technology, our software development experts will prepare you for a future in one of the most exciting industries to work in. We pride ourselves with our 11-week program which we offer with a no cure no pay model. We will invest in you and work hard to help you get your first developer job. Codaisseur graduates are the most hireable web developers because we share the same interest: if you succeed, we succeed.
    DepositWe offer a 'no cure, no pay' model on the tuition fee.
    800 euros in Admission fees.
    Tuition PlansThe company that hires you pays the tuition fee in max 29 instalments of max 298 euros each.
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you are not hired within 5 months of graduation, then we will bear your *full* tuition fee.
    ScholarshipCodaisseur is a proud partner of the Start&Code Program by INCO, which is financially supported by the JP Morgan Chase Foundation. Every year, INCO makes a number of Codaisseur Academy scholarships available to people with an unconventional background.
  • Cyber Security Course - Part-time

LocationAmsterdam
    Prepare for a career in Cyber Security, a lucrative and fast-growing industry. In this course you'll be trained in practical skills and knowledge to land an entry-level job in Cyber Security or to advance in your current field by adding strong Cyber Security knowledge to your resume. The Cyber Security industry suffers from a big shortage of talent and with the increasing threat of cyber attacks, it is becoming a more pressing matter. The course is offered part-time so it's ideal to combine with your current occupation.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo technical background required
  • Gordon • Front-end Developer • Graduate
    I joined Codaisseur after completing my master's because I was officially done with academia and I wanted to become a web developer. And it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The 11-week bootcamp was difficult, I'd say even more so than the mphil I did before in some aspects. It was really 9:30 - 6 every single day and I could only catch my breath on the weekends, but I chose to study anyways because it was very easy to fall behind given the speed and intensity of the course--and trust me--you do not want to fall behind. I have never worked this hard in my life and the hard work really paid off.

In retrospect, the program is exactly what people need when they feel unsatisfied with their current endeavors and are in search of something more fulfilling. It is a trial by fire that will challenge candidates on multiple levels. In the end, you'd come through with a growth mindset and a much better work ethic. The more you're pushed, the further you'd go.

Web development is a hot property in the market right now since virtually every company is undergoing digitalization. Among the many alumni, 3 graduates now work in de Bijenkorf e-commerce team, which exemplifies some wonderful opportunities the course opens for you (given you are good enough to pass).

The programming teachers are experienced, passionate, and patient; and in the end there is a one-week career accelerator program that shapes you up to be a competent job hunter.

10/10 would do that again.
  • Great opportunity
    - 11/27/2019
    Mirtles • Graduate

Codaisseur was very, very challenging - very little sleep, needing to be super focused, and learning new things every single day for 10 weeks all take their toll. Yet I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

With React and NodeJS as the main focus, the curriculum was perfectly adapted to the current market. Lessons were fast-paced but well structured, with ample support from excellent teachers and teaching assistants. Questions were always encouraged, and feedback for homework and project-based work was clear and constructive. The job search workshops in week 11 were excellent as well, as were the meetings and feedback sessions with the career advisor afterwards. I found a job within a month.

I personally had no coding experience before joining, and now I'm quite comfortable building a web application with a basic server to support it. If someone had told me what I'd be able to do after just 10 weeks, I would've probably laughed at them. Sorry, hypothetical person. You were right and I was wrong.

- 3/14/2018
    Annie • Student
    Despite completing all pre-learnings as requested, and all course and homework, they said I failed to keep up. Only those could keep up who got external help or have prior programming experience. For those worth to try, for others waisted time. Before judging, I am a mensa member. I just believed the advertisement. But at least I learned that how to use github. I did not gave up, I am looking for the next course more careful.
  • Web Developer
    - 3/14/2018
    Giulio Gallerini • FullStack Engineer • Student

At Codaisseur you will meet people that care about coding but not only, you will also encounter fantastic personalities ready to help, have a chat or drink a beer at any moment. I already had a computer science background when I joined Codaisseur and their course put me up to speed with the latest tech out there and I had already found a job the day after I finished the course!

If you are a person with motivation and passion for coding but you don't know how to start your adventure in the real world.. then Codaisseur it's the place for you!

Thank you guys!

• Excellent course
    - 2/19/2018
    Jaosn • Software Developer • Graduate

Really enjoyed the personal approach of the Codaisseur Academy. You're not just a number but they'll invest time to coach and assist you where possible. Even afterwards They'll look over your resume's and cover letters (if you want them to) etc. Also The course pretty much lets you be productive at a company from the get go. Even if the stack is slightly different the approach will let you ask the right questions and though you're not as fast as the more experienced developers (who've often been working on the project for longer) you are an asset from the first moment onwards.

• Mojgan Zolghadr • Graduate

When I first played with the idea of making a career switch from fashion to coding, I never imagined it would be such a smooth process. Don’t get me wrong, the bootcamp was a great challenge for me. But from the very start the team at Codaisseur has been tremendously supportive, to all of us. Their support gave me the confidence to push trough and finish the bootcamp (with a bit of sweat and tears and long nights). I gained so much knowledge and experience. I always felt that the team was genuinely wanted me to so succeed. Their involvement in this sense was very valuable to me.

A few months down the line I’m proud to say I’m at the start of my new job in IT, within an organisation I feel very much connected to. Thank you Codaisseur for making this possible!!

• EvaP • Graduate

As you can gather from the other reviews, things will get intense: make sure to come to an introduction night and know what you are getting yourself into. You'll need to be the type of learner who fairs well with obsession, because for eight weeks, you'll live and breathe web development. Not only will there be an insane amount of coding, but there will be a lot of attention to teamwork and web development as a job as well. Don't worry, there's good coffee and a whole community of students and teachers to help you through. For me, this was the perfect program to change careers in a fast and affordable way. It's a rollercoaster, but you'll be amazed at what you'll have achieved in eight weeks.

• Jan-Sijmen Zwarts • Graduate

If you feel programming could be your new gig, Codaisseur is definitely the fastest way to get there. And by getting there I mean:

- Gain >500 hrs of coding experience

- Learn to build your own web applications from the ground up using the latest frameworks and technologies

- Kickstart your career with hands-on coding experience with real life projects

All in all, it has been a worthwhile 2 months and I feel completely on track for a career as junior web developer now.

• Adriana • Graduate

I entered Codaisseur Academy with no knowledge in programming or anything related. The amount of stuff you learn in just two months is amazing and the chances of landing into a tech job afterwards are great. Be prepared for a lot of hard work, though.

The teachers are very experienced, patient and willing to assist you with any problem you have - not only related to coding but also related to the stress and insecurities of a career change. The class is small enough for you to know everyone, so in the end the students also help each other a lot. The course itself seems to be improving at every batch (I was part of batch 5).

It's been now almost one year since I finished the course and I am currently working as a full stack developer (I got a job around 3 months after finishing the course). I got hired to work with technologies that I have never seen before, but Codaisseur Academy did a great job in teaching me how to learn new stuff too!

• Florestan

Codaisseur’s no-nonsense approach focuses your attention on the essential skills and best practices that make you a productive developer with tons of practical experience.

Pros:

After exactly six month since setting foot in the Codaisseur boot camp I landed a job as a front end developer. Compared to other juniors I stack up quite nicely, because I’m well versed in the basics, slightly more experienced in algorithmic thinking and usually more well rounded in the team work aspect of software development. No prior development experience, all thanks to this course (and lots and lots of hard work, so be prepared for those all-nighters)

Cons:

This is only IF you pass the assessments and graduate (we had about 60% pass rate): You do not get any leads or job opportunities from the school itself, you’re pretty much on your own looking for a job after graduation. They do help setting up your post academy portfolio, LinkedIn and advise you on presentation and professionalism. They send you weekly update forms to keep track of your application process and if you don’t manage to send out two applications per week, you risk owing the remainder of the school fee personally. To be fair, my current employer covers my fee and finding a job is not hard at the moment :)

• Michal • Technical Support Engineer • Graduate

I've been in the batch #2 and the whole program was still developing at that point - this meant that the curriculum was still going through some iterations and also the teacher pool was different from today. Since I kept frequenting the office/classroom for some time after I graduated, I know first-hand that a lot has changed since and that it is all going the right direction, though.

Subject-wise, you probably wanna do some research as to what technology stack you wanna learn, we were focusing mainly on Ruby on Rails and, to my knowledge, only a small minority of my classmates ended up actually working with it. On the other hand, most of us did end up landing a job and with the foundations obtained during the course were able to learn the new technology.

As for the outcome, you get what you invest - in the matter of time and effort - and Codaisseur is well capable of providing an environment that will help you succeed; don't expect them to do the work for you, though - and this applies also to the job-hunting process. Finishing the course successfully is only one part of the whole process and, while Codaisseur will try and help you with finding the job, in my case this process took almost 6 months and from big part was fuelled by reaching out to prospective employers on my own. I also found it very difficult to convince companies to pay some extra to re-pay my course so ended up paying the course back myself (I still think it's well worth it given what I get in return - an amazing job that I enjoy). During this whole process guys at Coddaiseur did not give up on me, though, and I'm thankful for that.