codaisseur-logo

Codaisseur

Amsterdam

Codaisseur

Codaisseur offers a 10-week full-time web development and 12- week part-time Cybersecurity academy in Amsterdam and online. Their program prepares students for full stack developer roles where professionals teach what they know and love through this unique course. In collaboration with industry professionals and employers, the Codaisseur Academy curriculum matches market demand. By starting with foundational knowledge of web development, students will then be equipped with cutting-edge technology skills by participating in code reviews, quality assessments, team collaboration, and more. All course materials and instruction are provided in English to best prepare students to work in an international coding environment.

Applicants do not need previous technical experience to join Codaisseur, but they must participate in the Admissions Training Camp, a one-week bootcamp at the start of the Academy. After this week, they will be evaluated on their motivation, progress and technical skills. The evaluation will determine whether they continue in the No Cure - No Pay or Pay Upfront model. The Codaisseur team believes that a strong motivation and dedication are the best drivers for success.

The Codaisseur team works to ensure graduates are hired as junior web developers within 5 months of graduating. During the job application phase, graduates must do everything within reason to secure gainful employment in their field of study. Typically, employers pay the bulk of the tuition cost.

Recent Codaisseur Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (81) reviews for Codaisseur →

Recent Codaisseur News

Read all (3) articles about Codaisseur →
  • Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model

Cost999
    LocationAmsterdam
    Codaisseur Academy Become a web developer! Whether you are looking for a complete career switch or are interested in a week-long course on a specific technology, our software development experts will prepare you for a future in one of the most exciting industries to work in. We pride ourselves with our 10-week program which we offer with a no cure, no pay model. We will invest in you and work hard to help you get your first developer job. Codaisseur graduates are the most hireable web developers because we share the same interest: if you succeed, we succeed.
    DepositWe offer a 'no cure, no pay' model on the tuition fee.
    999 euros in Admission fees.
    Tuition PlansThe company that hires you pays the tuition fee in max 29 instalments of max 298 euros each.
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you are not hired within 5 months of graduation, then we will bear your *full* tuition fee.
  • Cyber Security Course - Part-time

LocationAmsterdam
    Prepare for a career in Cyber Security, a lucrative and fast-growing industry. In this course you'll be trained in practical skills and knowledge to land an entry-level job in Cyber Security or to advance in your current field by adding strong Cyber Security knowledge to your resume. The Cyber Security industry suffers from a big shortage of talent and with the increasing threat of cyber attacks, it is becoming a more pressing matter. The course is offered part-time so it's ideal to combine with your current occupation.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo technical background required
  • Rafael Baptista • Frontend Developer • Student
    When I decided to move from digital marketing to web development career, I started looking for a bootcamp that could quickly provide me with the skills I needed in the job market and also that could help me through this transition. Codaisseur exceeded my expectations. There is a strong community around it and it was crucial to help me get a job right after finishing the academy (very opportunely, I finish the academy on Friday, and the following Monday I already have an excellent offer on the table) .
    I think Codaisseur structured the course very well and provided all the additional support I needed (eg, specialised career advisors) to make my goal successful and, as I witnessed, several other students.
    Excellent choice I made.
  • Marloes • Developer • Graduate
    It was a life changing experience. I knew nothing of coding, after graduation I found a job within a month, and am now a medium-level programmer. The program was super hard, it was the most intense thing I've ever done, but very worth it. I believe graduation is really a sign for your future employer that you are able and willing to learn. The culture at Codaisseur was for people to learn, to ask questions, a very open and safe environment. I find this is the case among most developers, and the teachers at Codaisseur were no exception. I learned a lot from them, both technical, but also about what it means to be a developer. It was also useful to share this experience with my fellow students, to share the self-doubt, which you will inevitably encounter, but also the wins. And last but not least, the support to find a job, and also when negotiating your contract was really amazing, they really understand your needs.
  • Great people
    - 12/26/2020
    Zeger • software developer • Graduate
    Amazing school where you really dive into what's needed as full stack developer. Atmosphere is warm and friendly. The teachers are inspiring and energetic.
  • Nausicaa Lusano • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate
    Mine was the first class to be taught fully on remote, therefore the start was postponed by 20 days to let the academy regroup and prepare, and I believe that they did a very good job. Our main communication channels were on Slack and Discord, and live lectures were held via either Discord or Zoom, with screen-sharing. We had two main assessments which failing either meant not being able to progress in the lessons, but without any obligation to pay tuition costs (as per contract, "No Cure No Pay" type), but with the possibility of a retry if over a minimum mark; we also had a final assessment at the very end, on our final portfolio project, a group project, and after that, a week of Job Accelerator.

Pros:
    The teachers are all very qualified and the curriculum is up to date, and mentioning the human aspect might seem a bit off-topic, but as we all know the imposter syndrome can be a huge issue, especially if you're a total beginner, and during the pandemic the feeling of isolation can be overwhelming, especially for expats who don't have any family or friends around - like it was for me, since I moved specifically to attend Codaisseur. Not only the teachers, but all the advisors and staff are very friendly and warm people, and I found nothing but a welcoming and supportive environment, either about becoming a developer and the challenges and self-doubt many students face, or the isolation and social deprivation due to the pandemic. At the end of every week (or every other week) we'd get a survey in which to anonymously assess and give feedback on how we were doing (not just limited to the course technically, but emotionally too), how the teachers were doing and how they could improve their service.

Cons:
    The course is indeed very demanding, stressful and intense, which is not a con per se, but it's a good heads-up because it really needs a lot of motivation. I can speak for my experience, which was fully on remote, but at times the feeling of isolation was no joke. I'm somebody who struggles a bit in asking for help, and not having a class full of people around me didn't give me a feel for the overall "atmosphere" in the class, and I ended up feeling behind (which was not necessarily true at all times) and isolated.
  • Recommend!
    - 12/23/2020
    Chervase • Developer @ reisbalans • Graduate
    I am a graduate of class 36. Participating in the bootcamp really brought my career to the next level and I am more that happy I chose to follow a bootcamp at the Codaisseur Academy.
    The teachers are passionate about what they're doing and know how to translate complex topics so beginners understand what is going on.
    Luckily I was prepared before I participated as I already had knowledge about html, css and Javascript. I think I would recommend new students to look into these topics before starting the academy as it takes a bit of the pressure off at the beginning. However, this does not mean you have to give everything and focus as it's really intense to learn so much in such a short time.
    Having said that I still 100% recommend following this bootcamp if you want to Kickstart your career and want to bring your skills to the next level!
  • Leonie • Javascript developer • Graduate
    Almost two years ago I decided to change my path and learn to code. Codaisseur has been the best imaginable place to start. They not only teach you the most modern web development tech stack, but evenly important they teach you how to be confident of these new skills. The amount of knowledge can be overwhelming, but then you notice you get your app to work, one line of code at the time.
  • Rianne • Front end developer • Student
    I attended the 10 week boothcamp in 2018. It was the most intense, fun, educative 10 weeks of my life. I learned a lot, the teachers were strickt but nice. As someone with a university degree I can say that I had to step up my game and give it all.I enjoyed it but it was also stressfull because you learn so much in a short time. I recommend taking this course only if you want to give it your all or if you already have coding experience in another language or something, if not, don’t.

The course has fun practical projects and they also help you to find a job.

I am so glad that i took this course and that I could jump start my new career as a developer!
  • Recommended!
    Reha • Software Developer • Graduate
    I have completed Codaisseur Academy in 2018. After weeks of an intense program (you'll miss sleep), I was among the graduates of my cohort. The program was highly engaging, and many of the real-life scenarios are being covered during the academy. This brings affinity with problems and tasks you will be tackling in your next developer position.

Codaisseur is made up of passionate people who are eager to inspire you to be a better developer. The program is not easy, and not everyone reached the end. But it was a valuable experience for me, and I'd recommend it to everyone who is aiming to get into the world of programming or pushing to become a better developer.
  • Highly recommended!
    Daria E. • Software Engineer @Ordina • Graduate
    I attended this bootcamp almost two years ago and this was one of the best decisions in my career. It was surely not easy to graduate, but I secured a job immediately after graduation. The fact that the program was tough made me a much better developer. I learned how to learn new programming languages and get up to speed with projects very quickly. During the study there was also a lot of help available. Even if you ask the same question 5 times (as I did myself), the teachers will keep helping you figure it out.
    Back then, before corona-related economical issues hit us all, it was a different market. There was more demand for all kinds of professionals, not only IT. That has changed now - it takes more time and effort to get a job.
    But even in this situation, I am sure Codaisseur is helping their current student as much as possible. I also worked with one of the last graduates on a project I was helping them with just last week - and a lot were interviewing at many different places. If you expect everything to be done for you - well, no one will just hand you a job. This is reality. You need to apply for jobs yourself but if you present yourself well (and Codaisseur has the resources to help you do so, you just need to utilize them), you will find yourself employed pretty quickly.
    Plus, before I even came to Codaisseur I asked several senior developer friends to help me choose a bootcamp. After reviewing them all, literally every person said I should do Codaisseur. That says something very positive about the content of the study too. So, all in all, highly recommended!
  • Highly Recommended
    CM Lee • Graduate
    For those who want to switch to IT Development career or enhance existing IT knowledge, I highly recommend Codaisseur. After finishing the course, a lot of opportunities will open up for you in Dutch job market.
  • Cor • Full Stack software developer • Graduate
    An immersive bootcamp that helps you acquire all the necessary tools to kickstart your career in web development.

I started my bootcamp in October 2017, finished in December and got a job as a Javascript Developer in Januari 2018. The course not only taught me enough of the basics of web development to start a job, it also gave me the confidence that I would be able to keep growing and learning as soon as the course was over.

The course is fast, there is a wide variety of topics, and the selection is pretty rigorous. Which ensures the quality of graduates and the willingness of companies to hire such graduates.

At the moment I'm a full stack developer coding in Elm and Haskell which, I would say, is quite the testimony to the solid coding fundamentals I was able to build on grow on.

I love my job as a developer and am very grateful to Codaisseur for setting up such a well rounded and fast paced course.

Codaisseur Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 142 graduates included in report:

80% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.