Codaisseur offers an 11-week web development academy in Amsterdam. Their program prepares students for full-stack developer roles where professionals teach what they know and love through this unique course. In collaboration with industry professionals and employers, the Codaisseur Academy curriculum matches market demand. By starting with foundational knowledge of software development, students will then be equipped with cutting-edge technology skills by participating in code reviews, quality assessments, team collaboration, and more. All course materials and instruction are provided in English to best prepare students to work in an international coding environment.
Applicants do not need previous technical experience to join Codaisseur, but they must take two technical tests and participate in an interview as part of the application process. the Codaisseur team belives that a strong motivation and dedication are the best drivers for success.
The Codaisseur team works to ensure graduates are hired as junior software engineers within 3 months of graduating. During the job application phase, graduates must apply for 4 jobs per week. Employers pay the bulk of the tuition cost. Every year Codaisseur offers scholarships to 53 students.
Recent Codaisseur Reviews: Rating 4.67
Recent Codaisseur News
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week10 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost €800 Class size 25 Location AmsterdamCodaisseur Academy Become a web developer! Whether you are looking for a complete career switch, or interested in a week-long course about a specific technology. Our industry experts prepare you for a future in one of the most exciting industries to work in. We pride ourselves in the job guarantee that we offer on our 10-week program. We will invest in you, and work hard to get you there. Codaisseur graduates are the most hireable web developers because we share the same interest: If you succeed, we succeed.
Deposit We offer a Job Guarantee! We work with a 'no cure, no pay' model. FinancingWe offer a Job Guarantee! We work with a 'no cure, no pay' model. Tuition Plans We offer a Job Guarantee! We work with a 'no cure, no pay' model. Refund / Guarantee If you are not hired within 3 months after graduation, then we will bear your *full* tuition fee. Scholarship Codaisseur is a proud partner of the Start&Code Program. The program is financially supported by the JP Morgan Foundation. Apply for you scholarship today, and change your life!
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
36 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- The Future- 9/13/2017Mariano Racca • Backend Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
Like most of the other reviews, I took the course and loved it's intense pace and friendly environment. Then I graduated and got a job relatively quickly (in my case I wasn't even looking for one). So it is great for that.
Unlike (most of) the other reviews, I was one of the first courses (3rd I believe) and I stuck around because I was curious of how the academy grew and the new graduates (also because I kept learning even after I graduated). As someone who looked into the future of the Academy and experienced it firsthand, I saw how they cared and improved very rapidly from course to course, even day to day. Nowadays, they learn a lot more newer and updated things and the style has grown even more efficient and friendly than it was before.
I see a bright future in this academy and I reccomend you be part of what learning should be like. You might even see me around at advanced class.
- Getting job-ready in 2 months- 9/12/2017Stefan Kollaart • Graduate • Campus: Amsterdam
When you start programming for the first time, things are really hard. There's so much information out there, and to not get overwhelmed is really hard.
At Codaisseurs development bootcamp, you get an package that's build for people who are starting. You get all the right information you need at that point in the bootcamp, which give you a clear path and the confidence to create something awesome.
The fact that you're with a group of other people who are working their asses off doing the same thing, is really cool. It's also really helpfull that post-bootcamp, that community of teachers and students is still there to help you out.
I loved my instructors, they know what you're going through and will help you when you get stuck. Not by giving you the answer, but by pushing you in the right direction.
I would recommend everyone with interest in programming to join Codaisseurs bootcamp. You will not be disappointed.
- Great academy!- 9/12/2017Sander • Junior front-end developer • Graduate • Campus: Amsterdam
Codaisseur is your best bet if you're ever considering a career switch into web development. Working on group projects teaches is one of the things you won't be able to learn by yourself, and might be the most valuable skill taught at Codaisseur.
Teachers are experienced, both in programming and teaching people how to code. The course covers basic principles as well as more advanced design patterns. Most of all, learning how to learn programming is a very important aspect of the course.
Many students go on to find jobs working in completely different stacks from what's been taught at Codaisseur, and have learned how to pick these stacks up and become productive developers very fast.
Most of all, the support given by Codaisseur throughout and after the course has been invaluable to kickstarting my career as a web developer. I wouldn't have been able to make it without them!
A good combination of motivation, time and ability to learn quickly is required. If you have these things, I can definitely recommend Codaisseur to anyone wanting to get into web development.
- Best decision ever!- 6/3/2017Marcia • Fullstack Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: AmsterdamI quit my job to start my adventure at Codaisseur without previous programming knowledge. I needed a way to improve my chances to get a better job, so a colleague suggested me this training program. Not only I learned a great deal about coding but I also met an incredible group of people. In less than a month after graduating from Codaisseur I interviewed with three different companies and now I'm about to sign a contract and start a new adventure. Thanks Codaisseur team!
- Lee • Junior Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
Programming is something I've had an interest in for a while, but I found that online learning didn't really get me to where I needed to be (employed!). When I saw the Codaisseur program online, I signed up immediately for the March cohort (after digging around online for any blogs about people's experiences on the course – and, yes, I kept my own blog too at leefreeman.xyz if you want to read in more detail!)
After completing the course, I found it quite easy to set up some interviews and accepted a position that I'll be starting next week (i.e. 5/6 weeks after the end of the course) with a company that saw me presenting at the end-of-course demo night.
If you're considering signing up, remember that this is an intensive course. It will take up all your time for 2 months and you will be challenged (so start doing some preparatory work now!).
I would not hesitate to recommend Codaisseur to someone who is committed to becoming a web developer.
- Iris • Web developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
In February 2016, I took part in the very first 8-week development class. It was the best thing that could've happened to me. I wanted to switch my carreer and become a professional web developer, but I struggled achieving that on my own (besides work and family).
The program delivered exactly what I was looking for: learning to code, use development-workflow tools and current best-practices used at companies. I had a blast!
And the big bonus: I landed a great job as a web developer within a month after graduation.
Thanks to my employer I also joined their 2-year Junior Acceleration Program. These have helped me to grasp other languages, tools and concepts (Elasticsearch, API design, Elixir, advanced sql, React Native) quicker and therefore helped me in my day-to-day work.
- Kickstarting your IT career- 5/11/2017Sam • Front-end Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
With my background I was already able to find a job in development, but instead I chose to learn more about Ruby on Rails at Codaisseur. In 8 weeks I learned more than two years of college. Everyone attending to the traineeship was there to learn more about programming and everyone motivated each other to make the best projects.
If you want to do this traineeship aswell, I strongly recommend you to know for sure if programming is something you love. If you do, this traineeship will be epic.
- from 0 to full stack in 2 months- 5/10/2017Sarah • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
This course meets every definition of an intensive program and is incredibly challenging, but the rewards are well worth it. I came in with no previous experience, but after a lot of time and hard work I can confidently say that I feel ready to attack the job market.
- The best in NL- 5/10/2017Robert Hopman • jr developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
The information is up to date (cutting edge in most cases). The teachers are patient and experienced. A lot of good projects to apply what you learn. The learning curve is specified to your own needs after the first weeks. Open 24/7. Oh and free coffee if you're interested in that.
- Do your research in advance- 5/30/2018Anonymous • Something in IT • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
I finished the bootcamp a year ago and here's pros and cons:
- You will learn a lot and will have hands on experience with coding
- You will build a couple of small apps which will give you a good idea what you're gonna do in future.
- In comparison to other bootcamps it's cheaper for the students
- There is help available from teachers and staff, not always though
- If you really want to be a junior developer and you already coded for a while and built some small apps this course can open doors
- If you like to be in IT industry in general, Having done this course increase your chances
- Misleading advertisement: There is NO job guarantee! You will have to apply for jobs yourself and do everything so NO job garantee. What they later say is if you don't get a job after certain months, then you don't need to pay the fee, but there are a lof of IFs and BUTs about it.
- It is a very fast-paced and stressful course. It is nothing similar to a university or college course, We had people with near nervous breakdowns and stress-related drop outs, so if you can not cope with a lot of stress this course is not for you.
- No real job support: We were told that we're gonna get job leads but in reality we didn't get any.
- Under their contract you can not work with recruiters so it will limit your chances.
- If you leave the course for any reasons for instance stress, you still have to pay the whole fee: 9000 euros.
- Employment rate is debatable: Although some people got jobs but many people still didn't manage, and out of those who got the job many where not offered a contract after probation month.
- Evaluation is very arbitrary, You don't get marks, It's mostly based on how the instructor feels about you rather your real abilities in comparison to rest of the class. You can be kicked out of the course in any day of the course. Two people who i worked with in group projects and were better coders than me, were kicked out by saying you're not good enough.
- Graduation rate: In additon to my own experience i had contact with batches after and before me and graduation rate was around 50% so almost half the students were either kicked out or droped out.
- You're tied up for 2 years so if your employer doesn't agree to pay the fee which happens often, you have to decline the job offer or pay from your own pocket.
- Prepare yourself at least for more than 3 months before the course learning about languages you're gonna work in the bootcamp and make sure you build some apps yourself. Try some online coding courses and for sure Codeacademy basic courses are not enough. You have to do more, people who did better were the one who coded a while before the course, People who were kicked out were generally the one who hoped they're gonna learn it there.
- Read the contract carefully and make sure you know all about it.
- If you want to stay in the course, In your project reviews with your instructors do not criticize anything about your work or the course, As the evaluation is quite random, If you say you liked it and you're trying hard, the like it, if you say you're struggeling or need some help, you'lll be out soon. They don't like any feedback whatsoever.
- You won't have any time left during this course even weekends you'll be working, so make sure you're fully available.
- Short vacation from your boring life :)- 4/24/2018Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur CODE Academy wrong • Campus: Amsterdam
If you want to start learning web development and you want to do it fast, Codaisseur is the right choice. Don't expect it to be easy, expect to give 150% of what you got (yeah, you have it) , expect to push your boundaries, to learn a great deal of stuff, to meet interesting people and friends, to have fun and to appreciate Friday beers. The most rewarding thing will be your graduation.
The programe is being improved and changed according to the industry needs, you get to work on individual and team projects, even a real-life project on the last week of the academy and more important, your portofolio. One month and a week after I graduated, I got my first job as a junior backend developer.