Codaisseur offers an 11-week web development and cybersecurity academy in Amsterdam and online. Their program prepares students for full-stack developer roles where professionals teach what they know and love through this unique course. In collaboration with industry professionals and employers, the Codaisseur Academy curriculum matches market demand. By starting with foundational knowledge of software development, students will then be equipped with cutting-edge technology skills by participating in code reviews, quality assessments, team collaboration, and more. All course materials and instruction are provided in English to best prepare students to work in an international coding environment.
The Codaisseur team works to ensure graduates are hired as junior software engineers within 5 months of graduating. During the job application phase, graduates must do everything within reason to secure gainful employment in their field of study. Employers pay the bulk of the tuition cost.
Recent Codaisseur Reviews: Rating 4.69
Recent Codaisseur News
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week11 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost €800 Class size 25 Location AmsterdamCodaisseur Academy Become a web developer! Whether you are looking for a complete career switch or are interested in a week-long course on a specific technology, our software development experts will prepare you for a future in one of the most exciting industries to work in. We pride ourselves with our 11-week program which we offer with a no cure no pay model. We will invest in you and work hard to help you get your first developer job. Codaisseur graduates are the most hireable web developers because we share the same interest: if you succeed, we succeed.
Deposit We offer a 'no cure, no pay' model on the tuition fee. Financing800 euros in Admission fees. Tuition Plans The company that hires you pays the tuition fee in max 29 instalments of max 298 euros each. Refund / Guarantee If you are not hired within 5 months of graduation, then we will bear your *full* tuition fee. Scholarship Codaisseur is a proud partner of the Start&Code Program by INCO, which is financially supported by the JP Morgan Chase Foundation. Every year, INCO makes a number of Codaisseur Academy scholarships available to people with an unconventional background.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
- Unity, Quality Assurance Testing, Network Security, Networking, Mobile Security, Linux, Ethical Hacking, Cryptography, Cloud Computing
In PersonPart Time9 Hours/week26 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost €5,999 Class size 20 Location AmsterdamPrepare for a career in Cyber Security, a lucrative and fast-growing industry. In this course you'll be trained in practical skills and knowledge to land an entry-level job in Cyber Security or to advance in your current field by adding strong Cyber Security knowledge to your resume. The Cyber Security industry suffers from a big shortage of talent and with the increasing threat of cyber attacks, it is becoming a more pressing matter. The course is offered part-time so it's ideal to combine with your current occupation.
Minimum Skill Level No technical background required Placement Test No Interview Yes
77 reviews sorted by:
- Melissa • Junior Frontend Dev • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via GitHubI followed the 11-week intense bootcamp on site and graduated in december 2020. From start to finish I had a great experience. The teachers and other people from Codaisseur were amazing. They were nice, willing to explain problems more than once and it really felt like they cared. They cheer you on and really wanna know how you are doing. This actually really helps and gave me a great feeling when going in to class every day. My classmates were nice and willing to help out (it does depend on what kind of classmates you get of course). It was a great community.
As all the other reviewers already said: it is hard and it is very challenging. The pacing is very high. So I do think it's best to come a bit prepared. By that I mean, know what the basics are. Like, what is a string or what is an array? And try to do some small practices at home. I had zero programming experience and I did think that made it hard for me. It also depends on how well you get the hang of things. I actually had to go to another class because I was lacking behind and do some stuff again, but they saw potential in me and had the confidence I could do it. And I was SO proud when I graduated and actually did it!
In the last week of the bootcamp it's all about getting hired. They have a very dedicated and knowledgeable instructor for this. You'll get lessons in optimising your LinkedIn profile, your CV and you'll also practice job interviews and such. This was very valuable and I learned a lot from this. I found a job within the first month, other classmates found one later than that. And now I'm already working as a developer for a year, something I couldn't have done without Codaisseur. Really
- Latest technologies- 12/23/2020Max • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedInI am very glad I've chosen Codaisseur to kickstart my new career. The teachers are very friendly and knowledgeable and the course pushes you to learn something new every day. It was not hard at all, and the assessments are easy if you have a lot of fun coding and learning like I had. But I couldn't have learned as much, and especially this fast, by myself. The ocean of coding blogs and tutorials is just too vast, while 90% is outdated. The people at Codaisseur did a very good job of staying up to date with the latest technologies. The things I learned were directly applicable at my first job as developer. The course touches every aspect of being an effective junior developer. But in the end it's up to you to become one. And if you are enthusiastic and serious about it, the teachers at Codaisseur will be there for you to help you overcome any obstacle. Although the team was also there for me during my job search period, I didn't need it because I sent out a lot of applications end found my dream job after one month.
- Honest and efficient- 12/23/2020David • Backend developer • Verified via LinkedIn
- Best decision I ever made- 12/23/2020Rok • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via GitHubI found Codaisseur when searching for a Bootcamp, that would enable me to effectively change my career into web development, so I found their No Cure No Pay business model perfect. The course itself happened to be the most stressful and hard 11 weeks of my life because the learning pace is so fast, but it is surprisingly doable with the way lectures are structured and with the personal help of one of the nicest and most resourceful teachers and assistants I ever met. As someone with no technical background, I wouldn't be able to learn so many technical skills in only 11 weeks, and what's more, Codaisseur gave us the right tools and skills to actually enter the job market fully prepared. All along the way and even after the academy, we were given the support of career advisors, were able to join online employer meetup events, and much more. I found a job with one of the biggest companies in the global payments industries only 2 months after graduating from the academy. I think this is the biggest added value of Codaisseur, the support you get when actually looking for the job.
- Seriously good teaching- 12/22/2020Bart • Software Engineer • Student • Course: Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedInAfter having been in the fortunate position to attend two schools, the other being Le Wagon. And having landed a position as a software engineer within a month after graduating from Codaisseur at the biggest (arguably best) tech employer of the Benelux I can say with confidence that they are offering the best education one can ask for. Their curriculum is up to date with the latest technologies and paradigms and because of their tight knit relationship with the market they will do all they can to find a position for you. Besides learning, you wil make friends and have an overall positive introduction into the field. Codaisseur is a gem and more people should know about that, especially after having been through two schools I can say that Codaisseur is offering much better education in all regards. As of the writing I am not affiliated to Codaisseur in any shape or form.
- Worth it if you're truely dedicated- 12/22/2020Ben • Medior software developer • Graduate • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via GitHubI graduated from Codaisseur in mid 2019, and have since been able to gain very stable footing in the software world. Below I will try to, as honestly as possible, list the good and bad regarding my experience.
The best thing for me was the overall atmosphere. I never felt reluctant to come in on any day, was in a class with some great people. Another big pro were the teachers. They all had their own (often quirky) way of shining their light on a subject. From literally dressing up and acting like a stereotypical stakeholder, to asking you to stalk them online to prove a point. And even though at the end of the day they're a business, of which you as the student are the product, the teachers still get invested with your success on an emotional level, and really made me feel like they want to get me ready for my future job as best they could. I won't name anyone but one of them even used some of his free time coding up the solution to some irrelevant chess-based coding puzzle I had been headbutting, including full documentation. A couple more good points were the ping-pong table, plenty of quiet places to sit if you needed to concentrate, decent course material that provides you with modern basis for a junior web developer.
So I have to preface this with that I ended up with a great job, so it wasn't that bad, but I still didn't really like the assistance provided during the job search period. I constantly felt coaxed into taking the first job offer that came my way, rather than just waiting out all the leads I had. I understand that there's quite a bit on the line given their business model, but would still expect them to have a little bit more faith in their graduates, as opposed to expecting them to take the first 32h-week pseudo-internship that came their way. Speaking of job leads; don't expect them to just be thrown in your lap either, you will have to do all of the applications etc. on your own. Which I personally think is a good thing. I wouldn't want that freedom to be taken away.
Another thing that occasionally led to some problems were some of the organisational aspects. Our whole class had to wait in front of a closed door on two occasions, and often times a teacher wouldn't be aware of what had been taught by the teacher of the previous day, or a teacher just wasn't aware it was his day to teach class to begin with. All this was more of an annoyance to me than a real problem though.
Lastly, although in my class this was a somewhat unpopular opinion, I didn't really like the reader (the application that contains all course material). It often expected you to just take the function of certain code snippets for granted, and wouldn't really give you a detailed explanation as to why they worked, which would unfortunately mean that you would just be copy-pasting many of them in order to get through the day's learning. Bits and pieces of your own code that you don't really understand will always (now speaking from experience) come back to haunt you.
Class: 25 (offline)
Job search duration: 5-6 weeks
Job applications: 15-20
Job offers: 5
Best offer: 3k/month 40h/week incl. Codaisseur fees
Codaisseur was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The amount of success it lead me to is something that I could've never imagined in such a short period of time. It's not all rainbows and sunshine however, and you'll have to work really hard (13h a day on average for me, excluding travel time) to properly get through it. If you have affinity with computers and software however, and are prepared to really put in the time, They will set you up with a highly desirable set of skills that form a solid foundation for aspiring developers.
- An amazing experience- 12/22/2020Robin • Junior Frontend developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via GitHubI found Codaisseur after losing my job thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. I was an online marketeer before I started Codaisseur. I knew some basic webdevelopment like HTML/CSS, but that was it. After graduating the Codaisseur bootcamp I managed to secure a job as an junior frontend webdeveloper using all the techniques I learnt during my time with Codaisseur.
The teachers are extremely helpful, skilled and passionate. I couldn't recommend them, and Codaisseur, enough!
If you are looking for a career change, and want to get into coding? Join Codaisseur. Don't hesitate.
- Addison • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedInCodaisseur was a really great experience when I graduated from class 18 in September 2018. I came in with the intention of finding a job in the Amsterdam tech scene, and met so many interesting and great people in and from the course. Not only did I learn all of the needed pieces to continue learning after graduation, but they really set you up foe becoming successful as an engineer. This course is not something that's easy by nature, but with putting in the work and dedication, Codaisseur is there to help you along the way.
- I have found Codaisseur after losing my job amidst the corona pandemic. Coming from an un-related industry with no background in tech whatsoever, I found the course very challenging but extremely rewarding! I went from building html5 pages about turtles to building full-stack working apps in less than 3 months.
Codaisseur is made up of some of the most talented people that strive to help you succeed! The teachers are all highly skilful, passionate and amazing at what they do, so is the staff, they are all enthusiastic and well involved in the student's journey from start to finish and until securing your first job in the tech industry ☺️. If you are looking for a career change, I cannot recommend them enough!
- Experience of a Lifetime- 11/3/2020Krisztián Csillag • Junior Developer • Graduate • Course: Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model • Campus: Amsterdam • Verified via LinkedInChoosing Codaisseur as my bootcamp was quite frankly one of the best decisions I could have ever made. It was a fantastic journey with lovely people, that tend to make messy situations with prolonged explanations due to time constraints and therefore making the time even shorter in some extreme circumstances, like Learning Redux in a couple of days. But now as a Full Time Junior Developer I can say that it was not only fun, but absolutely worth every penny.