codaisseur-logo

Codaisseur

Amsterdam

Codaisseur

Codaisseur offers an 11-week web development academy in Amsterdam and online. Their program prepares students for full-stack developer roles where professionals teach what they know and love through this unique course. In collaboration with industry professionals and employers, the Codaisseur Academy curriculum matches market demand. By starting with foundational knowledge of software development, students will then be equipped with cutting-edge technology skills by participating in code reviews, quality assessments, team collaboration, and more. All course materials and instruction are provided in English to best prepare students to work in an international coding environment.

Applicants do not need previous technical experience to join Codaisseur, but they must take three tests (basic JavaScript, logic, and English) and participate in an interview as part of the application process. The Codaisseur team believes that a strong motivation and dedication are the best drivers for success.

The Codaisseur team works to ensure graduates are hired as junior software engineers within 5 months of graduating. During the job application phase, graduates must do everything within reason to secure gainful employment in their field of study. Employers pay the bulk of the tuition cost.

Recent Codaisseur Reviews: Rating 4.68

all (76) reviews for Codaisseur →

Recent Codaisseur News

• Codaisseur Online Academy - No Cure No Pay Model

Cost800
    LocationAmsterdam
    Codaisseur Academy Become a web developer! Whether you are looking for a complete career switch or are interested in a week-long course on a specific technology, our software development experts will prepare you for a future in one of the most exciting industries to work in. We pride ourselves with our 11-week program which we offer with a no cure no pay model. We will invest in you and work hard to help you get your first developer job. Codaisseur graduates are the most hireable web developers because we share the same interest: if you succeed, we succeed.
    DepositWe offer a 'no cure, no pay' model on the tuition fee.
    800 euros in Admission fees.
    Tuition PlansThe company that hires you pays the tuition fee in max 29 instalments of max 298 euros each.
    Refund / GuaranteeIf you are not hired within 5 months of graduation, then we will bear your *full* tuition fee.
    ScholarshipCodaisseur is a proud partner of the Start&Code Program by INCO, which is financially supported by the JP Morgan Chase Foundation. Every year, INCO makes a number of Codaisseur Academy scholarships available to people with an unconventional background.
  • Cyber Security Course - Part-time

LocationAmsterdam
    Prepare for a career in Cyber Security, a lucrative and fast-growing industry. In this course you'll be trained in practical skills and knowledge to land an entry-level job in Cyber Security or to advance in your current field by adding strong Cyber Security knowledge to your resume. The Cyber Security industry suffers from a big shortage of talent and with the increasing threat of cyber attacks, it is becoming a more pressing matter. The course is offered part-time so it's ideal to combine with your current occupation.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo technical background required
  • Esther  User Photo
    Esther • Product Developer (NodeJS, Java & Mendix) • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Intense, but extremely awarding. When I decided to switch careers to become a software developer, I wanted to know where to start, the help when I got stuck, and the best preparation to give me a kick-start to launch into my new career. Codaisseur offered everything I was looking for. The no cure no pay model granted me the flexibility to find a company I wanted to settle down with or move on if I didn't like it, this in comparison with a fixed two-year traineeship. The teachers were wonderful, and I still hear them guide me through the coding challenges I encounter daily in my work as a SaaS product developer. Even though I hardly code in JavaScript/NodeJs, the Bootcamp provided me with the foundation to continue my studies by myself, picking up Java, and the courage to apply it immediately in my work. My c.v. has never looked as impressive after the career preparation week, and I landed my first coding job a week after graduation. Next but not least, I made friends and build my first network in technology.
  • Melissa  User Photo
    Melissa • Junior Frontend Dev • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I followed the 11-week intense bootcamp on site and graduated in december 2020. From start to finish I had a great experience. The teachers and other people from Codaisseur were amazing. They were nice, willing to explain problems more than once and it really felt like they cared. They cheer you on and really wanna know how you are doing. This actually really helps and gave me a great feeling when going in to class every day. My classmates were nice and willing to help out (it does depend on what kind of classmates you get of course). It was a great community.

As all the other reviewers already said: it is hard and it is very challenging. The pacing is very high. So I do think it's best to come a bit prepared. By that I mean, know what the basics are. Like, what is a string or what is an array? And try to do some small practices at home. I had zero programming experience and I did think that made it hard for me. It also depends on how well you get the hang of things. I actually had to go to another class because I was lacking behind and do some stuff again, but they saw potential in me and had the confidence I could do it. And I was SO proud when I graduated and actually did it!

In the last week of the bootcamp it's all about getting hired. They have a very dedicated and knowledgeable instructor for this. You'll get lessons in optimising your LinkedIn profile, your CV and you'll also practice job interviews and such. This was very valuable and I learned a lot from this. I found a job within the first month, other classmates found one later than that. And now I'm already working as a developer for a year, something I couldn't have done without Codaisseur. Really
  • Latest technologies
    - 12/23/2020
    Max  User Photo
    Max • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am very glad I've chosen Codaisseur to kickstart my new career. The teachers are very friendly and knowledgeable and the course pushes you to learn something new every day. It was not hard at all, and the assessments are easy if you have a lot of fun coding and learning like I had. But I couldn't have learned as much, and especially this fast, by myself. The ocean of coding blogs and tutorials is just too vast, while 90% is outdated. The people at Codaisseur did a very good job of staying up to date with the latest technologies. The things I learned were directly applicable at my first job as developer. The course touches every aspect of being an effective junior developer. But in the end it's up to you to become one. And if you are enthusiastic and serious about it, the teachers at Codaisseur will be there for you to help you overcome any obstacle. Although the team was also there for me during my job search period, I didn't need it because I sent out a lot of applications end found my dream job after one month.
  • David  User Photo
    David • Backend developer • Verified via LinkedIn
    I joined codaisseur to have a quick and intense formation to become a developer and that is exactly what I got.
    Teachers were really nice and helpful.
    I really enjoyed my time here, and I found a job quickly after I graduated.

• Rok   User Photo
    Rok • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I found Codaisseur when searching for a Bootcamp, that would enable me to effectively change my career into web development, so I found their No Cure No Pay business model perfect. The course itself happened to be the most stressful and hard 11 weeks of my life because the learning pace is so fast, but it is surprisingly doable with the way lectures are structured and with the personal help of one of the nicest and most resourceful teachers and assistants I ever met. As someone with no technical background, I wouldn't be able to learn so many technical skills in only 11 weeks, and what's more, Codaisseur gave us the right tools and skills to actually enter the job market fully prepared. All along the way and even after the academy, we were given the support of career advisors, were able to join online employer meetup events, and much more. I found a job with one of the biggest companies in the global payments industries only 2 months after graduating from the academy. I think this is the biggest added value of Codaisseur, the support you get when actually looking for the job.
  • TIm  User Photo
    TIm • Software engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated more than two years ago and found a job within two months as a junior software developer. As the title explains, this bootcamp is a very good springboard for getting in the tech industry. Before starting, I did not have any professional development skills but did have a great interest in tech and coding. I did a lot of self study but my conclusion was that it would not be enough to land a job as a developer. I needed more guidance in developing the prerequisite (technical) skills. For me, Codaisseur offered exactly that. It was an intense program which offered a good introduction into full stack development. While the course was very enjoyable and rewarding, keep in mind that even though you'll spend quite some hours developing your skills in a class, a lot of extra hours have to be poured in as well in order to really grasp the concepts that are taught. Especially towards the end, I did have to put in some nightly hours but it was ultimately worth it (it's obviously only temporary). I'll also have to add that in order make it easier for yourself, please prepare as much as you can. Check the current curriculum for the specific technologies but I can guarantee you that if you have a firm grasp on JavaScript (and possibly a little React), you'll have a lot more mental space for all the new concepts. I also liked the teachers a lot; they were always ready to help and open for questions and feedback. Another thing to note is that the attrition in my class was pretty high, but in my opinion that can be mostly attributed to a lack of foundation before starting this course. You can still manage without prior knowledge, but be prepared to put in a lot of extra hours. Also, please note that I did the course when on site classes were the norm. I cannot say much about the classes in the current form, but I can vouch for teaching material and teachers. In short, I would definitely recommend this bootcamp, but please make sure that you're 100% committed and you really want a job a a developer.
  • Bart  User Photo
    Bart • Software Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    After having been in the fortunate position to attend two schools, the other being Le Wagon. And having landed a position as a software engineer within a month after graduating from Codaisseur at the biggest (arguably best) tech employer of the Benelux I can say with confidence that they are offering the best education one can ask for. Their curriculum is up to date with the latest technologies and paradigms and because of their tight knit relationship with the market they will do all they can to find a position for you. Besides learning, you wil make friends and have an overall positive introduction into the field. Codaisseur is a gem and more people should know about that, especially after having been through two schools I can say that Codaisseur is offering much better education in all regards. As of the writing I am not affiliated to Codaisseur in any shape or form.
  • Ben  User Photo
    Ben • Medior software developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I graduated from Codaisseur in mid 2019, and have since been able to gain very stable footing in the software world. Below I will try to, as honestly as possible, list the good and bad regarding my experience.

The good:

The best thing for me was the overall atmosphere. I never felt reluctant to come in on any day, was in a class with some great people. Another big pro were the teachers. They all had their own (often quirky) way of shining their light on a subject. From literally dressing up and acting like a stereotypical stakeholder, to asking you to stalk them online to prove a point. And even though at the end of the day they're a business, of which you as the student are the product, the teachers still get invested with your success on an emotional level, and really made me feel like they want to get me ready for my future job as best they could. I won't name anyone but one of them even used some of his free time coding up the solution to some irrelevant chess-based coding puzzle I had been headbutting, including full documentation. A couple more good points were the ping-pong table, plenty of quiet places to sit if you needed to concentrate, decent course material that provides you with modern basis for a junior web developer.

The bad:

So I have to preface this with that I ended up with a great job, so it wasn't that bad, but I still didn't really like the assistance provided during the job search period. I constantly felt coaxed into taking the first job offer that came my way, rather than just waiting out all the leads I had. I understand that there's quite a bit on the line given their business model, but would still expect them to have a little bit more faith in their graduates, as opposed to expecting them to take the first 32h-week pseudo-internship that came their way. Speaking of job leads; don't expect them to just be thrown in your lap either, you will have to do all of the applications etc. on your own. Which I personally think is a good thing. I wouldn't want that freedom to be taken away.

Another thing that occasionally led to some problems were some of the organisational aspects. Our whole class had to wait in front of a closed door on two occasions, and often times a teacher wouldn't be aware of what had been taught by the teacher of the previous day, or a teacher just wasn't aware it was his day to teach class to begin with. All this was more of an annoyance to me than a real problem though.

Lastly, although in my class this was a somewhat unpopular opinion, I didn't really like the reader (the application that contains all course material). It often expected you to just take the function of certain code snippets for granted, and wouldn't really give you a detailed explanation as to why they worked, which would unfortunately mean that you would just be copy-pasting many of them in order to get through the day's learning. Bits and pieces of your own code that you don't really understand will always (now speaking from experience) come back to haunt you.

The stats:

Previous experience: Hobbyist C++/Python, almost no Javascript or Linux/Unix knowledge,
    Class: 25 (offline)
    Job search duration: 5-6 weeks
    Job applications: 15-20
    Job offers: 5
    Best offer: 3k/month 40h/week incl. Codaisseur fees

Summarizing:

Codaisseur was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The amount of success it lead me to is something that I could've never imagined in such a short period of time. It's not all rainbows and sunshine however, and you'll have to work really hard (13h a day on average for me, excluding travel time) to properly get through it. If you have affinity with computers and software however, and are prepared to really put in the time, They will set you up with a highly desirable set of skills that form a solid foundation for aspiring developers.

• Robin  User Photo
    Robin • Junior Frontend developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I  found Codaisseur after losing my job thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. I was an online marketeer before I started Codaisseur. I knew some basic webdevelopment like HTML/CSS, but that was it. After graduating the Codaisseur bootcamp I managed to secure a job as an junior frontend webdeveloper using all the techniques I learnt during my time with Codaisseur.

The teachers are extremely helpful, skilled and passionate. I couldn't recommend them, and Codaisseur, enough!

If you are looking for a career change, and want to get into coding? Join Codaisseur. Don't hesitate.

• Addison  User Photo
    Addison • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Codaisseur was a really great experience when I graduated from class 18 in September 2018. I came in with the intention of finding a job in the Amsterdam tech scene, and met so many interesting and great people in and from the course. Not only did I learn all of the needed pieces to continue learning after graduation, but they really set you up foe becoming successful as an engineer. This course is not something that's easy by nature, but with putting in the work and dedication, Codaisseur is there to help you along the way.
  • Highly recommend!
    - 11/8/2020
    Odette   User Photo
    Odette • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I have found Codaisseur after losing my job amidst the corona pandemic. Coming from an un-related industry with no background in tech whatsoever, I found the course very challenging but extremely rewarding! I went from building html5 pages about turtles to building full-stack working apps in less than 3 months.
    Codaisseur is made up of some of the most talented people that strive to help you succeed! The teachers are all highly skilful, passionate and amazing at what they do, so is the staff, they are all enthusiastic and well involved in the student's journey from start to finish and until securing your first job in the tech industry ☺️. If you are looking for a career change, I cannot recommend them enough!
  • Krisztián Csillag  User Photo
    Krisztián Csillag • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Choosing Codaisseur as my bootcamp was quite frankly one of the best decisions I could have ever made. It was a fantastic journey with lovely people, that tend to make messy situations with prolonged explanations due to time constraints and therefore making the time even shorter in some extreme circumstances, like Learning Redux in a couple of days. But now as a Full Time Junior Developer I can say that it was not only fun, but absolutely worth every penny.