app-academy-logo

App Academy

Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle

App Academy

App Academy is an immersive 12-week Ruby-focused web development course with campuses in San Francisco and New York City. App Academy has a full stack curriculum covering Ruby on Rails, Javascript, HTML/CSS, SQL, algorithms, data structures, and React/Redux. Students interested in this intense program should expect to put in 90-100 hours per week. The first 9 weeks of the course are focused on learning web development skills in multiple languages, and the final 3 weeks are a robust job-search curriculum. App Academy’s curriculum is largely based upon a hands-on approach; students spend about 90% of their time pair programming and 10% in lectures, encouraging the sharing of knowledge while also making coding more social.

Interested applicants should expect to submit an application, complete 2 coding challenges, complete an interview and receive an admission decision a few days after the interview. Prospective applicants can also enroll in AppAcademy’s Bootcamp Prep programs to increase their chances of admission from 2% to more than 40%.

App Academy's job search curriculum focuses on algorithms, interview skills, and other technical interview focused skill sets. Upon graduation, students will have a portfolio of real-world projects to show to prospective employers. App Academy offers a deferred payment plan where students are only required to pay tuition if they secure a job upon graduation. Students are only required to pay a placement fee if they secure a job upon graduation. App Academy also has two other pricing models for students — a completely upfront model and a hybrid model that is a combination of the deferred and upfront models.

Recent App Academy Reviews: Rating 4.7

all (664) reviews for App Academy →

Recent App Academy News

Read all (25) articles about App Academy →
  • App Academy Open

$0
    With App Academy Open you’ll get free access to App Academy’s entire in-person full-stack curriculum, which has placed thousands of people in software development jobs. App Academy is ranked as the #1 coding bootcamp in the US and, since 2016, has placed more software developers at Google than UC Berkeley. On the Free plan you’ll get over 1,500 hours of material (readings, videos, projects), an interactive coding environment and community features like chat to keep you connected with thousands of prospective developers across the globe.
    Beginner
  • Bootcamp Prep

HTML, JavaScript, Node.js
    San Francisco, New York City
    Bootcamp Prep is a 4 week, part-time course, guaranteed to get you accepted at the most selective coding schools or your money back. The program will teach you up to an advanced level of JavaScript, and instructors provide you with 1-on-1 mock interviews, as well assist with your individual bootcamp applications.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Your full Bootcamp Prep tuition will be subtracted from your initial deposit if accepted into App Academy's full time program under the deferred payment plan.
  • Bootcamp Prep Online

HTML, JavaScript
    OnlinePart Time
    Rolling Start Date
    Bootcamp Prep is a part-time, online course, guaranteed to get you accepted at the most selective coding schools or your money back. The program will teach you up to an advanced level of JavaScript, and instructors provide you with 1-on-1 mock interviews, as well as assist with your individual bootcamp applications.
    None
    Standard: $995 Plus: $1795 Premium: $3795
    Refund / Guarantee
    Money back guarantee if you aren't accepted into a top coding bootcamp
    No experience required
    None required
  • In-Person Full Stack Web Development

November 18, 2019
    San Francisco, New York City
    Over twelve weeks, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a web developer. Through hands-on projects, we train you to build web applications with Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, and React/Redux. Prior programming experience isn't required. However, you will need lots of tenacity and a passion for building cool stuff.
    Only applicable for the Deferred tuition option, a deposit of $3k will be required.
    Lending partnership with Climb Credit available for the Upfront tuition option.
    $17,000 Upfront Plan $23,000 Hybrid Plan ($9k upfront, $13k deferred) $28,000 Deferred Plan (Fully deferred with a $3k deposit)
    Refund / Guarantee
    Guaranteed placement under the Deferred tuition option.
    Basic computer literacy
    Provided at each step by App Academy.
    November 18, 2019 - San FranciscoApply by September 20, 2019
  • Online Full Stack Web Development

Over 24 weeks, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a web developer. Through hands-on projects, we train you to build web applications with JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, React/Redux, SQL, and HTML/CSS. Prior programming experience isn't required. However, you will need lots of tenacity and a passion for building cool stuff.
    Only applicable for the Deferred tuition option, a deposit of $500 will be required.
    $20,000 Upfront Plan $27,000 Hybrid Plan ($10k upfront, $17k deferred) $30,000 Deferred Plan (Fully deferred with a $500 deposit)
    Refund / Guarantee
    Guaranteed job under Deferred tuition option.
    Basic computer literacy
    Provided at each step by App Academy.

• $500 App Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive App Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• In-Person Full Stack Web Development (San Francisco)
    • In-Person Full Stack Web Development (New York City)

• App Academy Review
    - 5/20/2018
    Anonymous • student • Student

App Academy has definitely been the most rigorous academic program I ever attended. The pros for this program is the ability to learn so much information in such a short span. Most of the time you will feel like you are overwhelmed with knowledge to the point where you feel like you'll forget the material when it comes to applying it later. To my (and many other students') surprise, applying your knowledge will feel like second nature.

The biggest drawback is the assessments and the consequences of failing these assessments. People spent large sums of money, left their jobs and invested their time for App Academy. To know that you can be let go if you're at risk creates a high level of anxiety. I personally left my job and was on the brink of failing from the program. Knowing how much I sacrificed to only be let go and not have a job to go back to is a serious problem. It's great that I passed through, but my situation would have been completely different if I was kicked out for academic reasons.

App Academy is great if you are serious about learning the skills to be a software developer in the shortest humanly possible time. You will be surrounded by other motivated and smart individuals (filtered by a rigorous selection process), and if you are also motivated, you will succeed. It is quite amazing to see people come in with minimal programming experience, and come out able to make really good looking web applications using several different tech stacks. Looking back, this is definitely something that I, and probably most people wouldn’t have been able to achieve themselves within 3 months.

Pros:

The program does what it says it does, and graduates do find jobs

cons:

very stressful, intense, and will test your endurance

• Life Adventure
    - 3/17/2018
    App Academy transforms lives and mentalities

I checked out top 10 bootcamps and decided to go with App Academy and joined their Premium Bootcamp Prep Online and started learning JavaScript. It was really good experience. Instructors and TA’s are very supportive. The curriculum is also fine. Finally I finished the bootcamp and interviewed for full time software engineering program. First interview was technical and second non-technical. After a day I got an acceptance letter from App Academy for April 16, 2018 San Francisco cohort. The journey has just begun.

• Tough but fair
    - 2/28/2018

Pretty much everything you've heard about App Academy is true.

A ton of experience crammed into ~10 weeks.

Work-life balance is a foul joke

If you fail two assessments you're out

Stress is a factor, if not THE factor

It's a ton of fun

It prepares you for a job.

8/10, would recommend.

• App Academy
    - 2/20/2018

App Academy is incredibly demanding. If programming and web development are not your passion and becoming a professional software engineer is not your dream, don't apply. If it is however, prepare yourself to dedicate your life to programming for 3 months. You will learn a ton. You will get stressed out. But if it really is your passion you will also enjoy a lot of your time at App Academy. Being surrounded by incredibly talented people all working towards the same goal can be an inspiring and productive work environment. App Academy really does seem to care about your success and while some of that is undoubtedly because of the tuition model, a lot of it is just because of the great staff. There are some flaws in the curriculum and the occasional uninspired lecture (the curriculum is always in progress). The chairs, desks and computers are also not great. But a/A seems like they're always trying to take in as much feedback as possible and improve the program. I have just entered the job search portion and will try to remember to update this review after I have found employment. *I will receive an App Academy hoodie for writing this review but that was not dependent on the score I gave*

The title says it all. Before App Academy(a/A), I was such an lazy person, passively looking for jobs, but ever since I attended a/A, everything has changed. I entirely quit my bad hobbies. Instead, I've spent my whole day coding. I never coded this much before. I've become so productive in a very nature way. When you decide to join a/A, you should also decide that you will be giving up other things for your bigger purpose. Yes it is difficult, and even when I fortunately have coding background before, I still found it very challenging.
    An advise I would give to you is: if you don't have coding background, and you think you are not ready. DON'T force yourself to be ready because this course will be overwhelming than you would expect. If you live far away and feel unsure, you should take some more time getting yourself familiar to coding before attending. You don't want to move here and realize that you cannot make it. As you already know, it costs a lot in SF.
    However, I don't regret my decision

I came into App Academy knowing practically nothing about coding having taken a single online MIT course for Python but nothing more than that. Before starting the course I had read reviews about that stated how intense the curriculum would be, and now that I am finishing up the curriculum, I can say that it truly is a lot. The course runs you through a bunch of languages and libraries in a short amount of time but does so in a way that works for most people. That being said, you have to make sure that you are ready to work. If you do not put in the time, you will more than likely be released from the curriculum. With that being said, the entire team is there to support you as much as they can. They will sit down and provide needed explanations if you ask them to and, if you are like me, that is incredibly helpful.

I had a fantastic experience here but I must say it is not perfect. The course is 3 months total but they fit the entire learning portion of this into the first 2 months. I wish it was 4 months and we had a little extra time to learn and understand some concepts from a more foundational level, but now that responsibility falls on to the student after graduation. Also, the last month is all about getting ready for the job search and that month has you juggling what feels like a dozen different things at once and is easy to fall behind.

To sum all of that up: App Academy is a ton of fun, you learn more than some do throughout an entire college experience and you come out ready for a job. 9/10 Experience to me.

I decided to enroll at App Academy to jump start my career change to software engineering. I have a graduate degree in another professional field, and had been working in that field for five years. Given my established career, I had reservations as to whether the course would be challenging enough to warrant the expense and time commitment.

My concerns were quickly alleviated once the course began. App Academy's curriculum is rigorous and challenging. The daily work load is basically endless, and you can learn as much as you have the energy for. After completing the course, I do not believe there is any other way I could have learned so much in the same amount of time. The curriculum forces you to push yourself, and in the end, you will be a competent developer.

• Good Program
    - 1/16/2018

A great program that helped me learn how to program fullstack projects and learned specific algos.

I am a student 9 weeks into the full-stack curriculum at the New York location.  If I remember, I will go back and edit this after going through the job search.  I have greatly enjoyed my time at App Academy so far.  Looking back, it is astounding how much ground we have covered in that time.  Myself and all my classmates have just finished our full stack web applications—and it amazes me how far we were able to take them.  I remember sitting in the classroom on the first day, apprehensive and excited to start learning… since then it has been a whirlwind of learning and doing.  You will look back and marvel at how far you have come in so little time.

That being said, this program is hard work.  You will need to steel yourself for long nights and stressful exams and projects.  Some, of course, will have an easier time than others depending on your background and how well you’ve prepared for the bootcamp.   But at one point or another, everyone who gets through puts in a lot of time and effort to do so.

I have often been running on 5-7 hours of sleep—less on particularly intensive nights.  I estimate I’ve put in roughly 80-90 working hours a week (more if you include my commute each day).   If you want to keep up and get all the readings/activities done, expect to be spending many hours learning and coding.  Fortunately, if you’re anything like me and most of my cohort-mates, then you’ll enjoy learning software development.

By this point you’ve probably read a lot of reviews telling you App Academy is hard for many people.  This is true.  Some do not make it to the end.  About 15 people from our class failed two assessments and a retake and were asked to leave as a result.

However, I am a firm believer that if you’ve gotten through the applications process at App Academy, you have what it takes to make it to the end.  If you end up going to App Academy, please believe in yourself, and work your ass off.  A good number of my classmates failed the first assessment (by far the easiest one), bunkered down, and killed the rest.  Do not be discouraged if you stumble.

I’d like to close my review with some advice for prospective students.  I have done fairly well with the program thus far and think it is prudent of my to share some of my preparation and study strategies that got me to where I am.

1. If you’re looking for introductory materials, I definitely recommend the MIT eDX course, ‘Introduction to Programming in Python’
    2. Do as much preparation as possible.  Of particular help to me was training fundamentals in Ruby on codewars.  Aside from that, do what interests you from the options below:
      1. Learn HTML5 and CSS3 at least to a basic level.  In particular, learn the basic input types for html and how to use flex in CSS (look up flexbox froggy).  If you can, try and recreate static versions of popular webpages from pure html and css.
      2. Learn SQL.  We did this is about half a week, but it was pretty rough for some.  If you’re dedicated, you can do the same and not have to stress about it during the course.
      3. Learn about the Model, View, Controller design pattern and its advantages/tradeoffs.  Research ruby/rails or some other framework and see if you can learn the basics of app development.  I would not recommend doing this before having a solid grounding in all the fundamentals though.
      4. For the mathematically inclined with time before the course begins, go follow along with an algorithms course online.  Learn big-O notation and algorithmic analysis.  I personally followed along with the free MIT OCW lectures and assignments for 6.042J with Tom Leighton and 6.006 with Srini Devadas.  If you already feel comfortable with basic programming and want to be ahead of the game for the job search, this is a good option for you.
      5. If you really want to go the extra mile like me, go ahead and read a design patterns book (I used Head First Design Patterns, but Gang of Four is the canonical work to reference)
    3. During the course, hit the ground running and do all the readings you can.  Definitely drop all other responsibilities (or as many as possible).  You don’t want to be dealing with anything else while tackling the curriculum.  If you have a decent commute, it will be fairly impossible to do anything else.  Speaking of the commute, preload the readings and download the videos they give you so you can watch them offline on your way there/back.  If you can, study in the office around others where you can ask your classmates questions.  If the homework is taking you too long, just send it up and put it away—you will be going over the material in greater detail tomorrow.
    4. Lastly, and most importantly:  Make friends!  You have the opportunity to study alongside many with similar motivations and career goals.  Your classmates will be among your greatest resources during the course and moving forward.  The people who are thriving in my cohort are largely those who made an effort to be social work with their classmates.  Coming in to week 9, I can count a number of my them as good friends who I can expect to keep in contact with for years to come.  For that reason alone, it was worth it to me to attend App Academy, and they’ve made my time here feel so nice.

Good luck to all applicants and soon-to-be students!

App Academy (NYC) was the best investment I've ever made. If you're willing to put in the time, you will come out having learned more than you thought possible. Make no mistake, it is a big time commitment. You should be fully prepared to spend a month doing prep work, then 9 weeks of 80+ hours per week. However, the staff on hand is amazing. All of the TAs are extremely helpful and responsive. There is always someone around to answer your questions. For me, the best part is coming out having actually made some really cool projects. The structure really helps reinforce topics: you watch videos and do readings as well as a short hw at night, then have a lecture on that material the next day and spend the rest of the day working through problems. Another great aspect of App Academy is the curriculum. You touch on everything you have to learn to be successful, and by the time your done it will be easy to adapt to new tools and technologies.

I am approaching the end of the main  curriculum as part of the 12 week full stack web development course in NYC and my experience thus far has been very positive. It is an extremely rigorous course, it is no exaggeration that it will require your total attention 10+ hours a day every single day for 3 months straight. That said, I feel I have learned more in that short period of time than at any other time in my life. I would highly recommend it for anyone looking to make a career change that is able to stay focused and is self motivated enough to stick with it

I have not yet started the 3 week job search curriculum, so I can't comment on that yet though I know people who have had positive experiences and outcomes with it

App Academy's curriculum is a comprehensive and intense program. The program itself is a full-time commitment so be prepared to sacrifice other obligations in order to make this your top priority. You start out with working through basic concepts in Ruby to being able to build fully functional apps towards the end of the program. Dedicate the time and effort into the program, and the program will reward you with the skills needed to enter the workforce.

• A great camp
    - 1/6/2018
    Anonymous • Student • Student

App Academy has a great curriculum and staff. You will be suprised by how much you learn in such a short amount of time. Requires a lot of hard work and dedication but it will pay off.

• rigorous curriculum
    - 12/16/2017

The App Academy curriculum is filled with a ton of good material that I wasn't always able to cover because of how fast the course went. That said, I definitely learned more than I would have at any other institution or on my own.  The fullstack, JavaScript, and flex project are the three projects we work on during the curriculum and really  shape our portfolios. The JavaScript and flex projects are  part of the job search curriculum which I feel should be structured a little better in regards to the schedule. The JavaScript and  Flex projects are crucial to our portfolios but we only get a week for each  while having to attend multiple lectures throughout the day but I suppose that's why it's called a boot camp. The TA's for the first part of the course were amazing and are the highlight of App Academy--the job search TAs are amazing as well but they seem slightly understaffed.

• Anonymous • Software Developer • Student

The last 3 months I've spent at App Academy have been hard, but extremely rewarding. Expect to code for about 10-12 hours/day at least. But you're not just coding by yourself this whole time, during the course you get a new partner to pair program with everyday, making it a very fun way to learn new material. The TAs are also very friendly and knowledgable and always eager to help.

It will challenge every bit of you! You will be tired and experience an entire roller-coaster of emotions. But this program is totally worth it! You will learn how to learn. And gain incredible confidence getting out there on your own in the professional setting and kill it 'app-academy' way. Highly recommend!

For three months, all you'll be doing will be is eating, coding, and sleeping. You won't have anytime to do anything else since you'll be swamped with work everyday. To become a good developer in three months, you'll definitely have to be putting in work and it'll be rewarded at the end. My time at App Academy was amazing. I met a lot of great people coming from all different kinds of backgrounds and from all over the world. In the beginning, I was struggling a bit, but with all the TA help and peers around you, you'll have all the help you need. I can't even express how much knowledge I gained over the first two months at App Academy (with one more month to go in the curriculum). So if you ever think about switching careers and  you have an interest in web development, i'll definitely recommend applying to App Academy.

• Awesome Experience!
    - 11/10/2017

App Academy is extremely challenging, which is EXACTLY what you need to become a great developer and compete for a spot at a top company. I could not recommend this experience more if you are looking to be challenging, but guided venture into the world of code.

• I know kung fu
    - 11/6/2017
    There's no faster way on the planet to pick up this skillset. The load is heavy, equivalent to taking 24 credits of upper division credits. Expect to spend 13+ hours a day focusing on new material. Expect to be confused most of the time. Expect to have a blast with your new best friends. You will not have time to achieve mastery of a topic before moving on to the next. If that's a problem for you, walk away now and pick a slower-paced course. You get the first taste of a new topic in the homework, the second taste in the lecture, and the third taste during the daily pairing project. There's a lot of stumbling, and that's ok -- the course is based on repetition, so you do pick up the skills, so long as you put the time in. That said, it's only when you look back on what you've done that you can really appreciate how far you've come. Embrace the confusion, and come out successful.
  • Highly recommend
    - 11/5/2017
    Anonymous • student • Student

This program requires quite a bit of work and effort, but it is worth it. Coming in, I had very little notion of what it meant to write good code or build web applications, but I have learned a lot through this process. The highlight for me was the curriculum. We start off learning basic Ruby syntax and object-oriented programming, move on to (a very light sprinkling of) algorithms, then Rails, user authentication, javascript, and finally React/Redux. In retrospect, the structure of the curriculum makes it feel like you learn the building blocks of web applications from the ground up. I have a lot (a lot!) to learn, but aA has definitely brought me to a good place in terms of self sufficiency.

Things to note:
    - If you fail two tests, they will kick you out (no exceptions). They want everybody to be at least getting 85/90% on everything. This is sad if you start to befriend someone who then leaves...
    - Shortcuts are great. Learning small shortcuts on Mac has improved not just my coding flow but also my own experience browsing the web.
    - You really have to spend a lot of time on the program. I had been living in NYC for a couple years before aA, so early on I just got used to telling friends that I couldn't hang out for like another month or two. That being said, if you do a good job studying you can usually buy yourself some weekend time (e.g. I attended  few parties and weddings during the course).
    - Expect collaboration. You are pair programming everyday, which means taking turns 'driving' an 'navigating' every 15 minutes or so. I usually enjoy solving problems alone, but I actually really appreciated this aspect of the program. The few days where we worked solo ended up being pretty lonely...

Full disclosure: I'm getting a hoodie for writing this review. I don't believe that sways my opinion, but I feel it's fair that you know the context.

I'm writing this review having just completed my first 9 weeks of App Academy. In the last 9 weeks, (really 13 since there's about 4 weeks of prepwork assigned before the course starts), I've gone from 0 experience as a web developer to having created my own full stack web app using a Ruby on Rails backend with a React with Redux frontend. I can't speak yet to the quality of their job search curriculum, which I will go through over the next 3 weeks, but I will say that their full stack curriculum is absolutely effective for a few reasons. First, you should know that some of the students, roughly 15% in my cohort, were dismissed for not passing assessments before completing the curriculum, so being accepted is only the beginning of the journey. The ones who made it through are absolutely better programmers for having gone through the program. Many of my classmates started with little to no experience programming, and are full-fledged web developers now.

I think this is mostly due to the amount of reps as a programmer that you get through the course. Every day, there are 2 hours of lecture, and then you peer program for 5-6 hours. Then there are homeworks and readings to do before you get to class. Shower, sleep, and repeat for 9 weeks. Peer programming is a process through which you sit down and talk through and try to solve problems with someone else. There are many factors conducive to learning and skill development at play during this time.

First, learning to verbalize your approach to a problem is immensely helpful to refining and solidifying knowledge. Second, having the accountability to keep trying to solve the problem and having help when you need it keeps the learning process moving. Third, an understated part of programming is looking up and researching documentation, which you will get a lot of practice doing. Last but not least, you are experiencing the same thing while you drive and your partner navigates, so you have the benefit of differing perspectives every day. Before I started a/A, I thought these skills were something I could learn on my own, but would be faster with a teacher. That's partly true, but it's also true that your fellow students aid in the learning process immensely. If I were describing a/A to a prospective applicant, I would tell you to look at it as an opportunity. An opportunity to work hard and learn. That's all it is. It's intense, but if you make it out, you will have absolutely developed hard, bankable skills as a programmer.

Hi, I took the 4 week AppAcademy "bootcamp prep" course which wasn't very difficult and I was able to complete all of the exams without really studying. That being said,  I do feel that the course covered Javascript pretty well and I may have learned one or two things I didn't know beforehand. However, I didn't have the greatest experience after the course ended. There wasn't help with applying to schools and I felt totally unprepared for the non-technical interview which may have been partially my fault (even though I read all of the material for the interview and spent much time writing out what I was going to say). I think they could have covered this at least a little bit in the course I spent $3,000 on. Please make an informed decision when attending any school of the like and don't make the same mistake as me.

• Anonymous • Student • Student

I was asked to leave App Academy after on Week Five Day Three, but I’m still leaving a four star review. Is it true that “Students from all backgrounds find success” at aA? Yes, I believe this is true. But please, heed this warning: if you don’t already understand computer science concepts, you will need to be a *very* quick learner.  I’m not talking about Honor’s Society in high school, deans list in college quick-learner/smart. That’s me, and that’s not smart enough. If you don’t already understand computer science concepts, you need to be the kind of smart where the only reason you finished your BC Calculus final in 45 min instead of 40 was how your hand cramped holding your pencil.

If you’re not that smart, that’s also fine, you just have to be *prepared*. Breadth first search algorithm? Depth first? It's not rocket science, but don’t let aA be the first place you’ve ever heard those words strung together. If you don’t have a clear understanding of sorting/searching algorithms, what restful routes and APIs are, how to build a CRUD web application, how object oriented programming works and why it is useful - STOP and just study those concepts before you get there. I thought that it was okay that I didn’t know these things because App Academy would teach me.

But it’s important to remember App Academy uses a peer learning model. Like in Montessori, the teacher sets up the classroom and the students learn from each other. You aren’t really "taught" exactly - you teach yourself, which in the end is much more powerful. You get so much more out the experience by actively explaining concepts to other students, which is not going to happen if you just found out what authentication is five minutes ago. The power of peer learning is incredible, and I learned *so much * at aA that I can’t say I regret attending, despite being “dismissed for academic reasons” after one month.

Guys, don’t get dismissed. There were 63 people in our cohort, I think 13 were dismissed. I don’t wish it on anybody. To give up everything, quit your job and move cities, to make friends with incredibly kind and intelligent and hardworking people, and have to leave because your brain couldn’t apply this new information fast enough - it is really a bummer. Avoid it at all costs. In the end, I didn’t want my money back, I wanted to stay.

My preparation strategy was if I knew the alpha prep course, I would do fine. This is not enough. If you can, build a CRUD rails app before you get there. (Masher Hossian has a good tutorial on Udemy. Pay attention to how database associations work.) Understand every big concept in those games in the prep course. Yes, the prep course is terrible, everything is out of order and you’ll spend hours trying to understand confusing code that isn’t explained. But building a game with specs is the second test, and don’t waste your one free fail on that one, like so many people did. If you can, go through the Khan Academy Computer Science course. What’s an algorithm, what are time/space complexity, what is a data structure? Yes, these concepts will be covered, and once you know them, it’s like a whole new world has been opened up to you.

It’s fine to be new to these things - everyone was at one point! Just remember the day you decided to become a software engineer is the day you committed to practicing everyday and relentlessly studying everything you don’t understand, regardless of whether you choose to attend aA as part of that journey.

Hired by school in-field

Short-term contract or part-time position
Hired by school out of field
Out of field

Still seeking a job
Not still seeking a job

Non reporting

83% of job obtainers reported salaries.

Prepared under the guidelines set by the Council on Integrity in Results Reporting but not audited