Welcome to the June News Roundup, your monthly news digest full of the most interesting articles and announcements in the bootcamp space. Do you want something considered for the next News Roundup? Submit announcements of new courses, scholarships, or open jobs at your school!
Coding Bootcamps In The Headlines
- Coding Bootcamp Enrollment Soars! (via Bloomberg)
- Skill Distillery is the First Coding Bootcamp Approved for GI Bill.
- Coding Dojo spotlighted in Geekwire News.
- We Can Code IT CEO Mel McGee profiled for Freshwater Cleveland.
- New programming certs: Gold stars or false currency?
- Great, in-depth look at Telegraph Academy in on Berkeleyside.
- Eleven Fifty is expanding throughout Indiana.
- 4 Reasons not to Underestimate Liberal Arts Students in Tech (and a few more on the Course Report blog!)
- CareerFoundry announced a $1M seed round- congrats!
- Not about bootcamps per se, but Bloomberg's "What is Code" is a good read for anyone breaking into the tech industry!
- Real-world work is emphasized at newcomer Free Code Camp.
- Can A Three-Month Coding School for Career Changers Diversify The Tech World?
New Code Schools In Our Directory
- Atlanta welcomes two new bootcamps: LAMP Camp (free to students) & DigitalCrafts.
- Depot/U is Birmingham's first coding bootcamp, BoiseCodeWorks opened in Idaho, and Blur State is in Arkansas.
- dots School is teaching Le Wagon's curriculum in Los Angeles.
- Coding Temple is new to Chicago, teaching from 1871!
- Iron Yard is now live in London!
Upcoming Deadlines & Job Openings
- Applications are open for Ada Developers Academy; deadline is July 20th at 5pm PST!
- Hackbright Academy's Fellowship application deadline is July 23rd.
- Zip Code Wilmington is hiring for an Office Administrator.