BoiseCodeWorks also offers part-time evening classes in Front End development and UX/UI Design.
While applicants don't need experience to be accepted, BoiseCodeWorks looks for students who are passionate about learning to code, have learned some basics of development, and have investigated the world of programming on their own.
Students will learn in a collaborative team environment that simulates the current industry standards. They will work with industry professionals to gain insight into real-world development environments. Students graduate prepared to offer employers competent coding skills and knowledge from day one.
Recent BoiseCodeWorks Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent BoiseCodeWorks News
C# is the epitome of Object Oriented Programming! As you learn the principles and design patterns of this language you will master the concepts necessary to take programming to the next level. This course is designed for those who are ready to advance their knowledge beyond the basics of simple programming. Learning Object Oriented Programming with C# is the best way to bolster your earning potential and placement as a developer. Mastering a language like C# is an absolute must for any that want to increase their employability and rise to the next level in their development career.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- We are proud to offer Skills Fund financing.
- Tuition Plans
- We offer an in-house payment option that is interest-free. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week13 Weeks
Our Immersive Course is a full-time experience designed for students looking to start a career in programming. Immersive students learn both front-end and back-end technologies, and work in groups under the supervision of experienced mentors to create fully functional real-world applications. By the end of our Immersive Course, students will be ready to enter the workforce with an impressive portfolio of varied projects and a strong sense of how to contribute to a team of professional developers.
- Start Date
- September 9, 2019
- Class size
- We are proud to offer Skills Fund financing. This course is also GI Bill eligible.
- Tuition Plans
- Scholarships Available
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
More Start DatesSeptember 9, 2019 - BoiseApply by August 26, 2019
Our Foundations Course offers a more flexible approach when learning to code. The after hours schedule offers individuals a chance to learn the skills necessary to get started as a developer while maintaining your current work schedule. The curriculum focuses on teaching proven coding practices geared towards front-end web development. Students work in groups under the supervision of experienced mentors to create attractive web applications. This course is the perfect place for those with little to no coding background.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Skills Fund Financing available- https://boisecodeworks.skills.fund/
- Tuition Plans
- In-House payment plans available.
- Scholarship Options available- https://boisecodeworks.com/Scholarships
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
17 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Life Changing Experience- 5/15/2019Caleb Sherfick • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise • Verified via LinkedIn
The services CodeWorks provides are life changing. Not only did I learn a lot from the program, I also had an amazing time making memories with my classmates as well as the staff. Every day is a blast and the staff is knowledgeable and will help you work through roadblocks, increasing the rate at which you are able to learn. After graduation the staff still works hard for you. This proves they actually care about you and your success; at CodeWorks, you are NOT just a number. CodeWorks is one of the greatest influences in my life today, and I cannot express how grateful I am to have been given the opportunity to get into a career path I enjoy and start living a life I’ve always dreamed and knew I was capable of. I highly recommend you do anything and everything it takes to make enrolling in CodeWorks possible. If you take my advice, you’ll be thanking yourself in 13 weeks.
- Immersive CodeCamp- 10/24/2018Caitlin Brooks • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise • Verified via LinkedIn
Attending the immersive course at Boise CodeWorks was one of the better investments in my career that I have ever made. Each instructor is interested and commited to the success of every student that is willing to put in the work. The effort that goes into teaching the material is equal to the effort of career prep and finding a new role for us to work in after our graduation. I highly recommend anyone who is interested to take the plunge and invest in attending Boise CodeWorks.
- Boise Codeworks- 1/24/2018Ian Bradley • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise • Verified via GitHub
- Matt • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise • Verified via LinkedIn
- Boise CodeWorks- 4/13/2017Colby DeRango • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise • Verified via LinkedIn
Going to Boise CodeWorks was the greatest decision I have ever made. I couldn't believe everything I was able to learn in just 12 weeks. It can be scary to drop your whole life and just focus on coding for 3 months but I promise it is so worth it. You can tell the faculty really cares and wants you to succeed as well as help you every step of the way.
- CodeWorks is life changing- 5/2/2019Steven Laurino • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
CodeWorks is an opportunity to change your life. The program is designed and proven to jumpstart a career in development. In addition to the program, the staff is next level. Instructors are extremely knowledgable and Brittany does an amazing job of helping students get placed in jobs. The atmosphere is comfortable and encourages learning at all times. I would highly recommend CodeWorks to anyone interested in changing careers or starting a career in Software Development.
- Outstanding School at an Amazing Value!- 4/9/2019Don • Software Development Engineer, Clearwater Analytics • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
For anyone wanting to break into the field of software development without prior professional experience or a computer science degree, enrolling in the BoiseCodeWorks Full Stack Immersive course is the best decision you can make. In just 13 weeks (plus a few weeks of guided pre-requisite on-line training on basic programming concepts), their superb cadre of instructors will take you from programming novice to a ready-to-hire junior developer. The well-balanced, hands-on curriculum will teach you all the skills you need to succeed in your first developer job and you will build a robust porfolio along the way that you can show off to potential employers. Additionally, they will help you build resumes, refine interview skills and learn how to connect with the developer community. And their support does not end at graduation -- they will continue to advise and support you in your job search and serve as your advocate with local employers. Best of all, at less than half the price of most coding bootcamps, this course is an AMAZING value. The staff is truly commited to helping their students succeed and to building up the technical talent in the Treasure Valley. This course was one of the best training experiences I have ever had and thanks to the incredible staff of professionals at BCW, I now have a job doing something I truly love!
- BoiseCodeWorks- 9/4/2018Weston Dockstader • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
After I graduated from College with my B.S. in Computer Science I didn't know what I wanted to do or what to do next. Through a previous CodeWorks graduate I found and signed up for the Immersive course. This course was incredible, you get to learn so much and are building projects thoughout the program. All the teachers and staff are extremely knowledgable and helpful they really make the program something special. Your really get to learn how an idea goes from paper to screen and your not just watching you are going the process and really learning what it takes. I cant really express how much CodeWorks helped me find my professional direction and how happy I am to be CodeWorks alumni I really learned a lot and I'm proud of it.
- "Learning from a fire hose - Made doable"- 7/14/2018Cameron Sharp • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
That is how the Immersive full stack development course at Boise Codeworks was described to me. There is a rush of information, but the staff at Boise Codeworks is with you every step of the way to ensure that you complete AND understand the course material.
You can expect plenty of hands on work to help you shake out where you are weak, but you can count plenty of support! In addition to how you are doing with your coursework, Boise Codeworks regularly checks in with the class to see how everyone feels they are progressing to they can adjust the coursework as needed.
They work very hard to keep the mood up beat and fun and the hackathons are a blast! It is hard work, and will require working after class, but if you work hard you will come out the other end of this course with all the skills you need to start work as a developer!
- Learned a lot and got a job- 4/20/2017Wolf • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
I would reccomend this course to anyone that wants to build full stack web applications within 12 weeks. I was a biologist that was getting too bored at my day job and started coding for fun. I got pretty good at writing functions, but took this course to be able to build full stack applications. Within the first few weeks, you are already building front-end apps. By the end of the course you have a portfolio of several impressive portfolio pieces because they have been built in accordance with industry best practices. You also will have experience in building apps in groups using agile scrum. I was a student and then a TA at BCW. My advice from what I saw from students was to make sure that you love coding before you enter the course. If you have done FreeCodeCamp and used up the web's free resources to teach you to code, but you want to learn faster and be guided by teachers that are ensuring the best coding practices, this would be a great course for you. It's fast paced and a lot of fun. The final week of the course is a career-development week. BCW hosts local tech professionals to give talks, lunch panels, and mock interviews. Some students even get hired from the mock interviews. If you take the coursework seriously and truly enjoy coding and are doing it in your free time because it is fun, then you'll have an easy time finding a job. I had a few offers in less than two weeks, most people find jobs within a few months. If you have taught yourself to code for several months or longer and love it, then I'd reccomend this course. You'll get a lot out of it and have no problem finding a job.
- Great experience- 4/7/2017Jason
- Amazing experience- 3/31/2017Jaime • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
I was really scared about coming to Boise CodeWorks. The idea of bootcamps in general was very intimidating to me and the idea of quitting my job to take the giant leap towards a career change had me petrified.
I had been studying code on my own for about 6 or 7 months, but trying to find the time to devote to programming while working a full time job (and night shift, no less) was really difficult. I knew that my current field wasn't the right fit for me though, so I decided to take the plunge and try CodeWorks.
I can say that this has been an incredible experience and that CodeWorks has enabled me to completely change my life and follow my dreams. The instructors are really knowledgeable and able to spend extra time with you if you need it. They gave extra challenges based on skill level. Everyone was really nice too. They also have an extra week focused entirely on helping you find employment, and the daily code challenges were good practice for thinking on the spot for technical interviews.
I took the Immersive Full Stack course and being able to devote myself to coding full-time allowed me to truly flourish. I am so glad that I went to CodeWorks, and if you're thinking about it, I highly encourage you to go and at least talk to them! You won't regret it.
- Awesome school!- 9/7/2016Connor Lee • Graduate • Campus: Boise
- Very useful course- 6/28/2016Sergey • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
I had an amazing posibility to utilize knowledge in fron-end and back-end development in the capstone project. With every new step of development of the project I opened new ways how to use familiar technologies and learned new ones like Node.js, APIs and Twilio.
Jack, Tom and Matt are the best teachers in Treasure Valley. The always have right words to explain a lot of new things and help you when you need.
- Very much worth it- 5/16/2016Marcus • Student • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
I attended the evening Web Development course in the fall of 2015. During our course we went over HTML, CSS, vanilla JS, jQuery, Angular, Firebase, Node.js, MongoDB, C#, Agile, Scrum, etc. The course was fast and hard hitting, but worth every moment.
We were constantly challenged by Jake and Matt to improve our code, whether that meant adhering to a coding standard, or always being on the lookout to find ways to improve what we had written. We had many projects that we were assigned to complete during the course, but the culmination was in a final project that was presented to the public and potential employers at our demo night.
The group I was a part of decided to create a site who's main feature was a live chatroom using Angular and Firebase. We were able to make a real-time chat application using the processes we learned during this course, something that would have taken us much longer had we not gone through BCW. Overall I would highly recommend BCW to anyone that is looking to get a start in this industry, and that wants to learn more about programming/development as well.
- It's Worth It!- 5/11/2016Sara • Student • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
During the course, we utilized the skills we were learning to create a portfolio of numerous apps and games. Towards the end of the course we worked on a final capstone project where we were able to apply all of our new skills to a project that we presented at the end of the course at Demo Night. After the course I have gotten a lot of support searching for jobs. The teachers at Boise Code Works are well known in the development community in Boise and the connections they have with businesses are strong and they’re expanding as every new class is graduating.
The best part about Boise Code Works is the teachers. Their passion for web development is contagious and it’s apparent that they started Boise Code Works because they wanted to share that passion with the community of Boise. They are very patient teachers and have the not-so-common ability to take a complicated topic and teach it in a way that beginners can understand. They work really hard, often staying way past classroom hours working to make sure that all the students succeed.
Overall, I had an amazing experience at Boise Code Works. I didn’t have much experience with web development when I started and I was able to keep up with the curriculum and learn a lot. While it was a very challenging course, the community and teachers at Boise Code Works are supportive and they worked just as hard as I did to make sure I got the most out of the course. Going to Boise Code Works is one of the best things I have done for myself professionally and I would recommend it to anyone that is remotely interested in web development and wants to learn more.
- Amazing Course- 4/27/2016Ranjit A • Graduate • Course: Immersive Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Boise
I couldnt be happier with the overall experience and highly recommended BCW to interested students. They have since expanded their offerings to a full stack immersive offering as well as a ui/ux offering. So, depending upon your area of interest and ability to commit time, there is something for everyone.