boisecodeworks-logo

BoiseCodeWorks

BoiseCodeWorks

BoiseCodeWorks is an intensive coding bootcamp based in Boise, Idaho. BoiseCodeWorks's flagship course is a full stack, full-time 12-week immersive course. The course costs $7,800 with a curriculum built to modern industry standards so that students graduate with professional ready portfolios. The immersive focuses on key modern technologies like JavaScript, Angular, and NodeJS, ASP.NET, and Git. Students will learn database technologies like SQL and MongoDB. The immersive course also emphasizes job preparation and includes ongoing career support.

BoiseCodeWorks also offers part-time evening classes in Front End development and UX/UI Design.

While applicants don't need experience to be accepted, BoiseCodeWorks looks for students who are passionate about learning to code, have learned some basics of development, and have investigated the world of programming on their own.

Students will learn in a collaborative team environment that simulates the current industry standards. They will work with industry professionals to gain insight into real-world development environments. Students graduate prepared to offer employers competent coding skills and knowledge from day one.

Recent BoiseCodeWorks Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (17) reviews for BoiseCodeWorks →

Recent BoiseCodeWorks News

• Back End with C# .NET

Git, C#, .NET, SQL
    Boise
    C# is the epitome of Object Oriented Programming! As you learn the principles and design patterns of this language you will master the concepts necessary to take programming to the next level. This course is designed for those who are ready to advance their knowledge beyond the basics of simple programming. Learning Object Oriented Programming with C# is the best way to bolster your earning potential and placement as a developer. Mastering a language like C# is an absolute must for any that want to increase their employability and rise to the next level in their development career.
    250.00
    We are proud to offer Skills Fund financing.
    We offer an in-house payment option that is interest-free. Please email tuition@boisecodeworks.com with questions.
  • Immersive Full Stack Web Development

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Node.js, Scrum, Agile
    September 9, 2019
    Boise
    Our Immersive Course is a full-time experience designed for students looking to start a career in programming. Immersive students learn both front-end and back-end technologies, and work in groups under the supervision of experienced mentors to create fully functional real-world applications. By the end of our Immersive Course, students will be ready to enter the workforce with an impressive portfolio of varied projects and a strong sense of how to contribute to a team of professional developers.
    $780
    We are proud to offer Skills Fund financing. This course is also GI Bill eligible.
    Scholarships Available
    Beginner
    September 9, 2019 - BoiseApply by August 26, 2019
  • Web Foundations

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Node.js, Front End
    Boise
    Our Foundations Course offers a more flexible approach when learning to code. The after hours schedule offers individuals a chance to learn the skills necessary to get started as a developer while maintaining your current work schedule. The curriculum focuses on teaching proven coding practices geared towards front-end web development. Students work in groups under the supervision of experienced mentors to create attractive web applications. This course is the perfect place for those with little to no coding background.
    $320
    Skills Fund Financing available- https://boisecodeworks.skills.fund/
    In-House payment plans available.
    Scholarship Options available- https://boisecodeworks.com/Scholarships

• Caleb Sherfick  User Photo
    Caleb Sherfick • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The services CodeWorks provides are life changing. Not only did I learn a lot from the program, I also had an amazing time making memories with my classmates as well as the staff. Every day is a blast and the staff is knowledgeable and will help you work through roadblocks, increasing the rate at which you are able to learn. After graduation the staff still works hard for you. This proves they actually care about you and your success; at CodeWorks, you are NOT just a number. CodeWorks is one of the greatest influences in my life today, and I cannot express how grateful I am to have been given the opportunity to get into a career path I enjoy and start living a life I’ve always dreamed and knew I was capable of. I highly recommend you do anything and everything it takes to make enrolling in CodeWorks possible. If you take my advice, you’ll be thanking yourself in 13 weeks.

• Immersive CodeCamp
    - 10/24/2018
    Caitlin Brooks  User Photo
    Caitlin Brooks • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Attending the immersive course at Boise CodeWorks was one of the better investments in my career that I have ever made. Each instructor is interested and commited to the success of every student that is willing to put in the work. The effort that goes into teaching the material is equal to the effort of career prep and finding a new role for us to work in after our graduation. I highly recommend anyone who is interested to take the plunge and invest in attending Boise CodeWorks.

• Matt  User Photo
    Matt • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As a graduate of the 2017 Immersive Summer Full-Stack development course with Boise CodeWorks, I waited to write my review and weigh in until after I had seen the entire process of becoming a developer through from beginning to end. I spent 12 weeks immersed in code (hence the course name) learning full-stack JavaScript, some C#, and a wide variety of front end CSS design tools and frameworks, which were presented to be by instructors Jake, Mark, Tom, and teachers aids Darryl and Justin in a way that was broken down and easy to understand. During my initial consultation with CodeWorks' staff prior to beginning the course, I was promised many things, including help with job placement and all the skills I would need to become a professional web developer. CodeWorks delivered on ALL of these promises. Within a month of graduating, I have found gainful employment with an extremely reputable local company as their in-house software developer, building full-stack applications that will provide new services to clients and help contribute to the growth of the business. The foundation for the code I now write every day at work was built by the things I learned at Boise CodeWorks and without their awesome team of instructors, none of it would have been possible. As cheesy as it may sound, their motto, "Develop your future", has proven to be far more literal than I would've ever imagined. Thanks CodeWorks.

• Boise CodeWorks
    - 4/13/2017
    Colby DeRango  User Photo
    Colby DeRango • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Going to Boise CodeWorks was the greatest decision I have ever made. I couldn't believe everything I was able to learn in just 12 weeks. It can be scary to drop your whole life and just focus on coding for 3 months but I promise it is so worth it. You can tell the faculty really cares and wants you to succeed as well as help you every step of the way.

• Steven Laurino • Software Developer • Graduate

CodeWorks is an opportunity to change your life. The program is designed and proven to jumpstart a career in development. In addition to the program, the staff is next level. Instructors are extremely knowledgable and Brittany does an amazing job of helping students get placed in jobs. The atmosphere is comfortable and encourages learning at all times. I would highly recommend CodeWorks to anyone interested in changing careers or starting a career in Software Development.

• Don • Software Development Engineer, Clearwater Analytics • Graduate

For anyone wanting to break into the field of software development without prior professional experience or a computer science degree, enrolling in the BoiseCodeWorks Full Stack Immersive course is the best decision you can make.  In just 13 weeks (plus a few weeks of guided pre-requisite on-line training on basic programming concepts), their superb cadre of instructors will take you from programming novice to a ready-to-hire junior developer.  The well-balanced, hands-on curriculum will teach you all the skills you need to succeed in your first developer job and you will build a robust porfolio along the way that you can show off to potential employers.  Additionally, they will help you build resumes, refine interview skills and learn how to connect with the developer community.   And their support does not end at graduation -- they will continue to advise and support you in your job search and serve as your advocate with local employers.  Best of all, at less than half the price of most coding bootcamps, this course is an AMAZING value.  The staff is truly commited to helping their students succeed and to building up the technical talent in the Treasure Valley.  This course was one of the best training experiences I have ever had and thanks to the incredible staff of professionals at BCW, I now have a job doing something I truly love!

• BoiseCodeWorks
    - 9/4/2018
    Weston Dockstader • Software Developer • Graduate

After I graduated from College with my B.S. in Computer Science I didn't know what I wanted to do or what to do next. Through a previous  CodeWorks graduate I found and signed up for the Immersive course. This course was incredible, you get to learn so much and are building projects thoughout the program. All the teachers and staff are extremely knowledgable and helpful they really make the program something special. Your really get to learn how an idea goes from paper to screen and your not just watching you are going the process and really learning what it takes. I cant really express how much CodeWorks helped me find my professional direction and how happy I am to be CodeWorks alumni I really learned a lot and I'm proud of it.

• Cameron Sharp • Software Engineer • Graduate

That is how the Immersive full stack development course at Boise Codeworks was described to me. There is a rush of information, but the staff at Boise Codeworks is with you every step of the way to ensure that you complete AND understand the course material.

You can expect plenty of hands on work to help you shake out where you are weak, but you can count plenty of support!  In addition to how you are doing with your coursework, Boise Codeworks regularly checks in with the class to see how everyone feels they are progressing to they can adjust the coursework as needed.

They work very hard to keep the mood up beat and fun and the hackathons are a blast! It is hard work, and will require working after class, but if you work hard you will come out the other end of this course with all the skills you need to start work as a developer!

• Wolf • Software Engineer • Graduate

I would reccomend this course to anyone that wants to build full stack web applications within 12 weeks. I was a biologist that was getting too bored at my day job and started coding for fun. I got pretty good at writing functions, but took this course to be able to build full stack applications. Within the first few weeks, you are already building front-end apps. By the end of the course you have a portfolio of several impressive portfolio pieces because they have been built in accordance with industry best practices. You also will have experience in building apps in groups using agile scrum.  I was a student and then a TA at BCW. My advice from what I saw from students was to make sure that you love coding before you enter the course. If you have done FreeCodeCamp and used up the web's free resources to teach you to code, but you want to learn faster and be guided by teachers that are ensuring the best coding practices, this would be a great course for you. It's fast paced and a lot of fun.  The final week of the course is a career-development week. BCW hosts local tech professionals to give talks, lunch panels, and mock interviews. Some students even get hired from the mock interviews. If you take the coursework seriously and truly enjoy coding and are doing it in your free time because it is fun, then you'll have an easy time finding a job. I had a few offers in less than two weeks, most people find jobs within a few months.  If you have taught yourself to code for several months or longer and love it, then I'd reccomend this course. You'll get a lot out of it and have no problem finding a job.

• Amazing experience
    - 3/31/2017
    Jaime • Graduate

I was really scared about coming to Boise CodeWorks. The idea of bootcamps in general was very intimidating to me and the idea of quitting my job to take the giant leap towards a career change had me petrified.

I had been studying code on my own for about 6 or 7 months, but trying to find the time to devote to programming while working a full time job (and night shift, no less) was really difficult. I knew that my current field wasn't the right fit for me though, so I decided to take the plunge and try CodeWorks.

I can say that this has been an incredible experience and that CodeWorks has enabled me to completely change my life and follow my dreams. The instructors are really knowledgeable and able to spend extra time with you if you need it. They gave extra challenges based on skill level. Everyone was really nice too. They also have an extra week focused entirely on helping you find employment, and the daily code challenges were good practice for thinking on the spot for technical interviews.

I took the Immersive Full Stack course and being able to devote myself to coding full-time allowed me to truly flourish. I am so glad that I went to CodeWorks, and if you're thinking about it, I highly encourage you to go and at least talk to them! You won't regret it.

• Awesome school!
    - 9/7/2016
    Connor Lee • Graduate
    Loved the teachers loved the coursework. You can go far with the connections and knowledge you obtain here
  • Very useful course
    - 6/28/2016
    Sergey • Graduate

After I had moved to Boise I was looking for a web developer course and BoiseCodeWorks gave the best offer in the area. During 3 months I got a lot of knowledge in HTLM, CSS, JavaScript, C# and many different frameworks like Bootstrap and Angular. The learning process is carried out through new cases and small projects and I am sure it is much better then 'dry' academic lectures.

I had an amazing posibility to utilize knowledge in fron-end and back-end development in the capstone project. With every new step of development of the project I opened new ways how to use familiar technologies and learned new ones like Node.js, APIs and Twilio.

Jack, Tom and Matt are the best teachers in Treasure Valley. The always have right words to explain a lot of new things and help you when you need.

• Very much worth it
    - 5/16/2016
    Marcus • Student

I attended the evening Web Development course in the fall of 2015. During our course we went over HTML, CSS, vanilla JS, jQuery, Angular, Firebase, Node.js, MongoDB, C#, Agile, Scrum, etc. The course was fast and hard hitting, but worth every moment.

We were constantly challenged by Jake and Matt to improve our code, whether that meant adhering to a coding standard, or always being on the lookout to find ways to improve what we had written. We had many projects that we were assigned to complete during the course, but the culmination was in a final project that was presented to the public and potential employers at our demo night.

The group I was a part of decided to create a site who's main feature was a live chatroom using Angular and Firebase. We were able to make a real-time chat application using the processes we learned during this course, something that would have taken us much longer had we not gone through BCW. Overall I would highly recommend BCW to anyone that is looking to get a start in this industry, and that wants to learn more about programming/development as well.

• It's Worth It!
    - 5/11/2016
    Sara • Student

I took the Immersive Full Stack Course at Boise Code Works from January to March 2016. During the course we learned front-end frameworks such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery, and Angular. We also learned back-end frameworks such as Node and C# and got an introduction to testing languages.

During the course, we utilized the skills we were learning to create a portfolio of numerous apps and games. Towards the end of the course we worked on a final capstone project where we were able to apply all of our new skills to a project that we presented at the end of the course at Demo Night.  After the course I have gotten a lot of support searching for jobs. The teachers at Boise Code Works are well known in the development community in Boise and the connections they have with businesses are strong and they’re expanding as every new class is graduating.

The best part about Boise Code Works is the teachers. Their passion for web development is contagious and it’s apparent that they started Boise Code Works because they wanted to share that passion with the community of Boise.  They are very patient teachers and have the not-so-common ability to take a complicated topic and teach it in a way that beginners can understand. They work really hard, often staying way past classroom hours working to make sure that all the students succeed.

Overall, I had an amazing experience at Boise Code Works. I didn’t have much experience with web development when I started and I was able to keep up with the curriculum and learn a lot.  While it was a very challenging course, the community and teachers at Boise Code Works are supportive and they worked just as hard as I did to make sure I got the most out of the course. Going to Boise Code Works is one of the best things I have done for myself professionally and I would recommend it to anyone that is remotely interested in web development and wants to learn more.

• Amazing Course
    - 4/27/2016
    Ranjit A • Graduate

I attended the fall evening web development course held at BoiseCodeWorks between August and November 2015. The course curriculum and the quality of the instruction were both excellent. Jake is a wonderful teacher and I learned front end development (html, css, javascript, jquery, angular) and back-end (.net, intro to node and mongo). There were numerous thoughtful project-based assignments provided during the course that enabled students to apply what they learned in the class room. The 12 week course was fast-paced enough that you always felt like something new was being thrown at you. The hard work was well worth the reward of watching your code come alive, especially around some relatively complex projects Our group was able to do a nice project involving hooking up to the twitter API which we presented at Demo Night. As Boise's premier coding bootcamp, BCW is providing a valuable service by spreading technical education across the Treasure Valley and introducing people from a wide variety of background to writing code.

I couldnt be happier with the overall experience and highly recommended BCW to interested students. They have since expanded their offerings to a full stack immersive offering as well as a ui/ux offering. So, depending upon your area of interest and ability to commit time, there is something for everyone.