code-institute-logo

Code Institute

Code Institute

Code Institute is an online coding bootcamp offering a FullStack Software Development diploma. The Full Stack Software Development curriculum covers HTML, CSS, Python, Django, JavaScript, and competencies such as agile development and project management.

Code Institute equips students with remote working skills and also provides support services, such as 1:1 mentorship and career services, such as portfolio guidance and job interview preparation. Through Code Institute’s industry contacts and proprietary analytics platform, the Code Institute recruitment team can match a student's strengths and ambitions to an employer's needs. With 1000+ global hiring partners, Code Institute's graduates have been hired by tech companies such as Google, Apple, IBM, and Salesforce.

To apply, candidates can fill out an online form on the Code Institute website. Expect to receive a call from the Code Institute team within 24 hours. After the call, candidates will receive a notification about whether they have been accepted into the program.

Code Institute is credit-rated by the University of the West of Scotland and validated by the Higher Education Authority in Sweden, the Ministry of Communications in Singapore, and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland.

Recent Code Institute Reviews: Rating 4.25

all (71) reviews for Code Institute →

Recent Code Institute News

Read all (5) articles about Code Institute →
  • Diploma in FullStack Software Development

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Python
    The Diploma in Full-Stack Software Development gives participants hands-on experience creating employer-ready web technologies. Our programme is 100% online delivery through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS). Content is Industry-Validated and University Credit-Rated and is suitable for beginners or those with an existing skill-set who wish to enhance their career prospects. Learners become full-stack software Developers specialising in web application development for both front-end and back-end. This hands-on and practical program enables you to produce a fully formed portfolio of projects which include designing and building fully functional websites, improving UX, manipulating data effectively, and creating an eCommerce website with payment functions. Course material is highly relevant, and you will develop the most in-demand skills that employers are looking for. 90% of graduates are hired within 6 months of completing and work for companies such as Accenture, Google, PayPal, and Microsoft. With 1000+ global hiring partners, their focus is to find you the right job and prepare you for interviews with 1:1 Career Support and Mentor sessions.
    Tuition PlansFinance & Payment Plans Available
    Minimum Skill LevelA basic level of coding knowledge is required.
    Prep WorkAll applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge.
  • Free 5 Day Coding Challenge

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    OnlinePart Time5 Hours/week1 Week
    Cost0
    Class size2000
    The 5 Day Challenge allows you to understand coding from both a theoretical and practical point of view. We do this through covering the three pillars of modern front end software development – HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Over the five days, you will receive online access to Code Institute’s world-class Learning Management System (LMS). The course content is structured around the concept of microlearning. Each day you’ll be given a new coding challenge to complete with supporting videos and detailed notes to aid you. You will need to set aside roughly 60 minutes per day (Evenings and Weekend if preferred) to complete each challenge. On completion of all challenges, you’ll learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. More importantly – you’ll find out if becoming a software developer is the next step for you. Start Date: Every Monday. Duration: 1 hour per day for 5 days.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required.
  • Mr
    - 4/21/2021
    Student I   User Photo
    Student I Verified via GitHub
    Personally, I think that a lot of negative reviews here are a bit unfair.

Before you enroll in this course you really need to acknowledge that you're about to commit to a studying grind and you need to be prepared for that. Codeinstitute presents itself really well i.e. they have all this support in place (slack, tutors, mentors, syllabus etc) but ultimately you will still be struggling a lot, and often you will be required to suss out a solution by yourself as this is how you really solidify and learn things to progress in the real world. All these promises of support will be no good to you if you're overestimating your own ability to absorb knowledge and underestimating required adaptation to the independent learning style of the course/industry. Re-skilling is really tough and I get the feeling that a lot of people get upset when they realize just how much effort they have to put into it and that the support alone is not enough to succeed.

To be fair, technical support was always good in my experience, not a long time to wait for a replies, great mentors etc (I'm based in the UK and was studying normal working hours)

However, there was a massive difference in complexity between the first few modules and JS / Python onwards. The spike was so significant that it really knocked the wind out of my sales! The motivation was gone quite quickly. They do warn their students that it is normal, and that is to be expected - after all JavaScript / Python are actual programming languages while HTML / CSS are not. That's just the nature of the beast, however, I do feel that the way they presented the information was a bit too brief and shallow based on the fact that after a few programming modules you were expected to create your second milestone project (for your portfolio) using the complex technologies you've just (briefly) covered. The jump from doing simple programming exercises to suddenly having to go out there and create your own project, using your own ideas, was very harsh. Mentors will then approve your idea or provide helpful feedback but ultimately will require you to just go out there and do loads of googling / research to create proper programming code that you've barely scratched the surface of whilst learning the modules. This disparity between having to just go along with the syllabus doing simple tasks and reading relatively digestible information to creating a full-blown project utilizing proper programming language/s, reading documentation etc was so big and extremely frustrating that I almost completely gave up. However, if you manage to get through this phase, I'm certain that you will finish the course as it would imply that you can adapt and overcome the biggest challenge this course can throw at you.

I did not manage. I've scored almost 100% on my first milestone project (HTML/CSS) but never managed to submit my second one. I got stuck because of the issue which I've described above. I've spent a lot of time trying to understand the requirements for the second project, and decide how I can tick those boxes and create something that has real-life application. It was too much for me. I've been shown examples of similar projects, I've had mentors tell me which functionality I need but there was just too big of a leap between what they expected from my code and what I've learned in previous modules, so I struggled.

I've had 2 extensions, which obviously cost a lot of extra money on top of 5k+ that I was already paying for the course. Even though I found it extremely difficult, I've never given up and always thought that there is a decent chance that I will finish the program. It came to a point when I realized that I will have to drop my full-time work (took a month off) to put all of my efforts into the course. After making the necessary arrangements with my work I reached out to Code Institute asking for a third (and in my mind - final) extension. What a surprise it was to hear that my request was being rejected and that my access to the course was going to be revoked shortly as I was approaching the end of my 2nd extension. Now, I take full responsibility for my actions and acknowledge that, at the end of the day, it's not CodeInstitute's job to babysit me, and in all fairness in their eyes I probably was never going to make it, but by then I've already spent 7k on the whole thing and I honestly believe I deserved knowing that my 2nd extension was going to be my last. But alas, nobody told me anything; which was quite a bad customer service. No previous correspondence, nor any warnings that I'm approaching my deadline for the course with no possibility to further extend. For this reason, I will never recommend CodeInstitute to anyone unless they are prepared to throw their life at this course.

Just be very careful, as this might be a goldmine that will open a lot of doors for the right people, but don't be lured and charmed by promises of support alone, high salaries etc this is a proper grind and you will have to graft to succeed if you're not IT literate (or if you don't have the right mindset - don't bother).

I did end up getting an apprenticeship with a different company, using the skills that I've learned at the start of the course with CodeInstitute. So it wasn't a total waste! But that extension rejection was painful and cost me all of my savings.

Be careful.

P.S. Just to clarify - I have been informed about course access coming to an end, but at no point has anyone ever told me that this extension will be my last.

P.P.S The actual course material felt like a work in progress - it had typos, broken links and sometimes did not follow logically. I've reported a lot of these issues which were fixed quite quickly to be fair.
    Thursday, Apr 29 2021
    Hi Mr.,

Thank you for your feedback; we are happy to hear that you were pleased with the support offered. We work hard to ensure that the standard of support available is exceptionally high. Also, it's great to hear that you secured a tech role due to the course you completed. Our Careers Support team would be delighted to provide you with a careers consultation if you're pursuing a career in tech. Please do get in touch so that we can arrange this with you.

As a university credit-rated programme, students are required to complete the course within the agreed timeframe. As you vitally pointed out, commitment and motivation are needed. We make this absolutely clear from the outset.

The success of our students demonstrates that the programme is achievable. However, ongoing work and use of all of our support pillars are essential ingredients to progressing along the course and graduating with a University recognised Diploma in FullStack Software Development.

We do provide students with extensions. This is based on our extenuating circumstances policy. All details are contained in your student handbook or can be discussed directly with the StudentCare team. A fair, transparent experience is delivered to all our students.

In terms of course progress, our StudentCare team checks in regularly with students. We notify students in advance if their access is coming to an end. Our Student Care team is always available to discuss your progress in detail at any time, and they'd be happy to talk through your experience further with you and answer any questions you may have.

Everything we do in Code Institute is focused on helping our students to change careers and become employable FullStack Software Developer. We provide best-in-class support to help our students progress and secure employment. However, it is up to the student to commit and complete their projects in an agreed time frame.

We would like to discuss your issues with you further - please do email our Student Care Team so that we can do so.

We wish you all the best in your tech career.

• zahur   User Photo
    zahur • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Working in the aviation industry amidst the covid pademic I decided to make good use of the downtime to upskill myself. Eventhough I had zero experience in programming I was always interested in software development and after a conservation with a friend I started to research online courses which finally led me to this course. After talking to the representative I decided to enroll and and was given an initial trial period since I was worried that the online learning would not be adapted for me.
    Once I started I was really impressed with the course content and how professional the online learning platform worked. The course is well adapted to people like myself,  with no programming experience, to obtain a solid programming foundation. The learning curve is quite steep at times and does require additonal research which is a must for any programmer. The course providers are great and kept in regular contact with me to check on how the course was going.
    The course content is well designed with 4 milestone projects which are well paced and supported with great tutorials. As I progressed through the course I found myself more confident in programming. I did however find myself stuck at certain times during the course and had to use one of the support sytems.  I cannot praise the support system enough. The system works extremely well and whenever I queried them for some clarification on course content  or programming issues I always got prompt help to guide me through my problems. I do encourage students to get well acquainted with the support system sooner rather than latter since you definately progress more smoothly through the course.
    I really enjoyed the whole learning experience and would definately recommend this course to anyone who want to start a career in programming.

• Stuart Cox  User Photo
    Stuart Cox • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I started with pretty much zero knowledge, and the Code Institute curriculum, framework, timescale, support, and course setup gave me more than I expected. Most importantly, it taught me how to learn more, without needing the framework of any, course and I know that this will serve me well in the future.

The course delivered what I wanted, and whilst it may have been reasonably expensive, I consider it money well spent. Great, professional and timely support available from all people doing all roles.

Top job and well done, happy to recommend.
  • Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    Steer well clear of the Code Institute unless you want to pay an exorbitant fee for resources that are available for free online. FreeCodeCamp, Udacity, Udemy, The Odin Project and many others exist so you don't have to fork out for a bootcamp, especially not this one. The Code Institute's 5 Day Coding Challenge is a marketing ploy masquerading as an introduction to web development. You barely scratch the surface of HTML/CSS/Javascript but get yourself prepared for the onslaught of sales calls for the full stack programme after you finish the challenge repeating the mantra "shortage of coders, 35k starting salary, 90% alumni employed". The Code Institute's full stack course costs about €6000 and you are locked into a contract. Once a 14 day grace period is over, you will NOT get any money back. 14 days is not long enough for anyone new to coding to realize what a colossal waste of money this is. You have 52 weeks to complete the course, I left after 5 weeks. €6000 is a substantial price to pay for many and it was an extremely expensive mistake for me. I panicked about what to do after being made redundant in a pandemic and thought this would be a good idea. It is anything but and I implore you not to make the same mistake I did. I completed about 30% of their "Learning Management System" which consists primarily of watching videos, a jigsaw puzzle (yes I know!) and copying other people's code. I only covered HTML and CSS but I learned more about these topics from FreeCodeCamp, than I did from their LMS. I did not start any of the 4 'milestone' projects. These 4 projects are what you will spend the vast majority of the course on and form the portfolio you will show to potential employers. Do you need to pay the Code Institute €6k for you to create your own projects? They will harp on about 'Student Care team, global team of tutors, careers team and experienced mentors'. I used none of these services but had to pay for all of them. Again these services can be found for free online if you have the motivation to look for them and put the effort in. If you really must fork out for a bootcamp, Makers and General Assembly have a better reputation as bootcamps and better career partners as far as I know. After I left the Code Institute, I requested a partial refund since I completed 5 of 52 allowable weeks, 30% of the LMS, started no project and used none of their support services. They declined. Since then they have blocked me from their Twitter feed and taken down my reviews from their Facebook page. Make no mistake they are a business and care more about your sweet cash money than you as a student. Becoming a coder requires daily grind, huge effort, constant learning and breaking into the industry as a junior developer is super-tough. If you are looking to pay your way into the web dev industry, you are looking to get into the wrong industry. It is all down to you and the effort you put in. Please don't pay them for your effort. TLDR: Code Institute is not worth the money. 5 Day Challenge is a marketing ploy. What they offer is available for free online, you just have to look for it and put the effort in. Cares more about your money than you as a student or alumni. You have been warned.
    Thursday, Apr 08 2021
    Dear Andrew,

A lot of what you have mentioned in this review is accurate. We make it clear to our students, even before the programme begins, you must be dedicated and motivated to succeed if you wish to change your career and reskill in 12 months. Students who study with us are aiming to achieve a university credit-rated level 5 Diploma in FullStack Software Development. To achieve this hard work and commitment is needed.

We also make it clear that there is a 14-day cooling-off period in place for students who decide that they do not wish to continue with the programme. This is standard with many programmes. However, 5 weeks or as you say, 30% of the programme stretches far beyond that.

Regarding our LMS, it is a world-class system based on MIT and Harvard's EdX platform. Our programme has been university credit-rated, and we are the only coding Bootcamp in Europe that can say the same. We hold our learning content is academically validated.

We would like to remind all future students who come to our programme, that reskilling for employment requires dedication and motivation. When you succeed the benefits can be amazing, life-changing. However, it's important that you're doing this for the right reasons, and that is to change your career and enhance your employment prospects.

A key element of that success is the early, consistent and effective use of our support network.
    Our supports include:
    - A dedicated Student Care team to support students in everything from onboarding, to pastoral care, to general queries, while also providing regular check-ins throughout the course.
    - A global team of tutors, who are available 24 hours a day on weekdays and 9-5 at weekends to assist in problem-solving.
    - A global community of learners, alumni and developers in our Slack support network.
    - A Careers team that connects students and alumni with employers, provides consultations and interview prep.
    - A large team of experienced mentors to provide project planning assistance, advice and tech interview prep.

Thank you, we’re here to discuss this further at any time.

• William Barnes  User Photo
    William Barnes • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I have recently completed the Code Institute's Diploma in Full Stack Software Development which takes you through the process of learning HTML5, through to JavaScript and finally Python. I had an overwhelmingly positive experience overall, the course is definitely challenging and is no way an easy option. As I had no prior knowledge of coding I still had to put in a decent amount of personal research and effort. However the student support that was available I found to be the most beneficial aspect, as the tutor team would always respond to any issues that I came across and would never leave a question unsolved, making sure that I was able to move forward to the next stage.

In addition the video tutorials and tasks are clear and informative that provide you the knowledge and skills to complete the Milestone Projects. The projects themselves build up your confidence at a sensible pace to enable you to reach the point of being a fully competent Web Developer at the end of the course. You also provided with a personal mentor who would also assist you with the Milestone projects. Even though the mentors were really helpful and supportive it was unfortunate that my first mentor left half way through and some of the continuity was lost.

During my time studying I faced some personal health issues that slowed my progress through the course, but the Code Institute were totally understanding and with me providing sufficient documentation to prove my situation, I was given the necessary extension to complete the course.

All in all I believe that this course is a great option for someone who is prepared to challenge them self and conduct independent research when needed. I would highly recommend it.
  • Karen  User Photo
    Karen • Student Verified via GitHub
    I have only done a few intro coding courses with free online resources before this course. The online course started off well with the HTML, CSS modules but then JavaScript and Python modules were intensely complicated, covering a lot of concepts and the majority of the time I was left to research and google on my own to understand what was being taught, tutor support is available but i would have to wait on average 45 - 120 mins for each question and that is not a guarantee they could help as some of them are also recent graduates of the course. I've had many times the tutor's shift ended and they abruptly tell me that and I would have to wait for another tutor to help, they often made me feel stupid and had an arrogant and obnoxious attitude, although there were a few good humble tutors too.
    Mentor support is for when you do the milestone projects you get 30 - 60 mins each time and you are given technical advice and how to proceed with the project. I didn't really resonate with my mentor but was discouraged to change as I had already started with him. He was telling me that coding was basically fixing coding problems, so you would spend most of your time googling and researching on the internet finding the answers and even when you've been working as a developer for so many years you still don't know that much.
    Project assessments are a bit random as the feedback tells you to test or code another way that was not taught on the course, which is really strange and puts you up to fail.
    My overall experience is that they just want your money and the support is sorely lacking for something so complicated. This course is adequate if you already know a lot or have developer friends to help you out and you have lots and lots of time to research. Also if you don't mind getting frustrated frequently because you don't know what you're doing and you have to figure it out yourself.
    Friday, Mar 12 2021
    Dear Karen,

We are sorry that you are unhappy with your experience.

As an intensive, university credit-rated programme, there is no doubt that the Fullstack Diploma is challenging - but we believe the reward of a complete career change in 12 months is very much worth it.

Many students find Javascript and Python especially challenging, and we’re here to provide guidance and support to students every step of the way. In order to succeed, however, it is vital that students make use of all the supports available to them.

Code Institute prides itself on our supportive learning environment, and proper, consistent use of our supports by students is key to success on the programme.

Our Support team works hard to ensure a best-in-class service. As with most support services, wait times may occur, especially when providing one-to-one real-time support, as is the case with our tutoring, mentoring and Student Care supports. We have robust relationship management systems in place that are designed to minimise wait times, but when they do occur we always let students know how long you should expect to wait.

Our tutors come from a variety of software development backgrounds, including former students who have gone through a rigorous recruitment and training process that ideally places them to support students.

Everything we do in Code Institute is focused on the success of our students, including our assessment system. Of course, as the only university credit-rated coding bootcamp, we must also adhere to strict and rigorous assessment standards. We provide clear guidance on specific assessment criteria and our Student Care team is always at hand to provide further clarification if required. It is also true that our assessment team offers a variety of feedback to students, including practical feedback to help you to excel in a real-world development environment. This is all very much done with our student's success in mind.

Your mentor was indeed correct in saying that developers use Google a lot. It’s just one of the tools, along with sites like Stack Overflow, that are key to solving problems for yourself. Indeed, troubleshooting and problem solving are key soft skills that we actively promote at Code Institute. And while figuring out problems for yourself might be frustrating at times, the reward of solving a problem is what motivates millions of developers to persevere every single day.

We wish you the best of luck in your future career, and we’re here to further discuss any of these issues with you further. Please feel free to contact our Student Care team at any time.

• Nemanja Manojlovic  User Photo
    Nemanja Manojlovic • Full Stack Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the course on the 29th of November day after my 21st birthday. I did not have any knowledge of coding. I was looking to learn. For Code Insitute, I found out by looking up all of the schools available in Europe. I have familiars who have finished coding schools but have not learned anything. I did not want the same to happen to me as I knew I wanted to do something serious. After reading information on Code Institute's website, the first thing that I noticed was that their degree is university-approved. After I have started the course everything that they were claiming on the website came to be true. I could not be more satisfied with my CI diploma as even recruiters have told me that now I have a strong profile to be a junior developer. So CI diploma can get you a job, it is a well-respected institution even by people who did not know about it before. The amount of knowledge you gain from completing the course will give you the best starting point for your career in this industry. That is why I highly recommend CI.
  • Johan Kjellin  User Photo
    Johan Kjellin • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Starting with the 5-day coding challenge I was compelled to continue and apply for the Full Stack Developer course part time because I have another fulltime job. I entered the course in September 2019 and finished in December 2020. The situation is I want to leave my current work for a new career and I hope this will be able to do that. The 5-day coding challenge is a good introduction to the actual course structure, with different modules laid out on different days as a sort of schedule.

Coming from a background with no knowledge of code the course is gentle in the beginning with about 1/4 of the total course working with HTML, CSS and a little Bootstrap. Then it leads on to Javascript and jQuery in the Interactive Frontend module, a particularly bumpy step for many students, this is a common thread in the Slack community but thankfully help can be gained from tutor or mentor support, even other students depending on particulars.

After half the course is done you start reading the Data Centric Module which is all about using Python and Flask with noSQL backend using mongoDB, combined with some Javascript for nice frontend features. At this point the Javascript starts to make more sense. The last module is Full Stack Frameworks with Django which is another Python framework where you will learn database modelling in SQL, and tie several api services together such as AWS, SQL, Heroku and Stripe to produce an impressive homemade project.

In each of the 4 modules you are required to produce a web app which will be examined by Code Institute, and you will be getting some impressive feedback with scores for different aspects and some interesting feedback. Since you will be doing several practice projects throughout the course you are not allowed to plagiarize but some boilerplate code or particular components can be borrowed as long as you declare it in the Readme. Readme documentation is something important and the Markup language is discussed as well.

These projects will be scored and the average of these determines your final score. For my final project I had to extend submission by 2 months (in 1 month increments) which was fine by Student Care, and these extensions do not affect your score.

On my part time schedule I mostly had to put in 1 or 2 hours per day, I could skip a day and work it up in the weekends at times, but if I lagged behind I could always call in to the Student Care team who were always very relaxed with requests of extension.

Last but not least the price tag is indeed a treshold, but I think it's a comparably good price for the available support, they keep calling to check up on you, and there is also one-on-one tutor support available, mentor sessions for the examina projects and helpful staff available in the Slack Channel as well as other students who were sometimes able to help me. Even though the Student Care is not about learning I have to mention that there are some gentle souls working there who are always nice to talk to.

I am currently in the "Careers" module which is a nice addition since many of the students are looking for career changes.
    They have webinars with invited tech companies and experts willing to look over your documentation and do a mock interview, and it's all there for your help.

So in final words, I would rate the course at 5/5 even though it's a bumpy ride entering functional programming, but it's because of the nature of backend programming. I would recommend the course for anyone, if you can manage the 5-day coding challenge.

• Adrian Havenga-Bennett  User Photo
    Adrian Havenga-Bennett • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Back in January 2019, I stumbled upon Code Institute's 5-day coding challenge and thought why not? I was heavily into the idea of C++ game development at the time and was pursuing that. But coding and programming was really what I wanted to do, and I didn't much mind what I was creating; creation itself and the method of doing so was what inspired me. The coding challenge was a lot of fun and honestly a nice and, importantly, accurate preview on the flow of the instruction and using the LMS. I was hooked.

Fast forward boring financial stuff.

Days later, I was chatting to Student Care (great team, by the way - they come back later in the story), about what my goals were and setting out a plan with me. Very supportive and genuine. I felt their duty of care immediately. So, I basically got stuck into the first module. I won't go into too much detail here about each module or the content within it. I will, however, say that you'll learn the fundamentals of programming (not language specific), which will stay with you. More on this later (unless you've already rolled your eyes at my cumbersome review and haven't made it this far. That's OK. To those staying with me, I thank you. At least you'll know this is a real review. I mean, who would invest this much time writing a fake one? Seems silly. But I digress!).

Working full-time and studying part-time around a family, which included wife, 3-year-old son, and an infant daughter, was no easy feat. It was taxing, to say the least. And the dreadful Tax Man took up Father Time's job for the duration of the course. Mind you, Father Time just does his job and gets on with it. We don't like it but it is what it is. The Tax Man was stealing time from me. Once again, I digress.

My full schedule meant that I was unable to stay within the confines of the initial course deadline (not making excuses here, I was just not that great at juggling busy home and professional life with study life). But fear not, dear student, Student Care to the rescue! After a very convenient email exchange... voila, time extended and stress levels returned to... well, still high but certainly not looming-deadline-and-large-amount-of-work-still-to-do high!

All throughout the course, I made good use of every avenue that could lead me to a solution to a problem I may have been facing. And, thankfully, Code Institute offers a good amount of them. From Slack, to Tutors, to a Mentor, you’re never far from someone offering to help you (heck, I still scan Slack in the hopes that someone has asked a question, only to be disappointed that someone else got there before me. They’re too fast on there! Or perhaps I “slack” off too much. Sorry, it was right there.

I shall sign off this novella with a good luck to anyone either already taking this course or considering it. As the title says, it’s well worth the journey and I have successfully changed careers a mere couple of months after receiving my diploma. The tech stack I’ll be using isn’t what I learned with Code Institute, but do you recall a few chapters ago when I mentioned learning non-language-specific fundamentals? Well, what I learned from Code Institute inspired confidence in my future employer, who were certain I’d be able to pick up their stack in my stride. And you know what? They were 100% on that.

• MPia Kuti  User Photo
    MPia Kuti • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    As a total beginner in programming, I have enjoyed every bit of the course:
    > from the very clear, detailed and useful lessons,
    > to the coding challenges which did make me struggle a lot and learnt so much
    > to the practical projects where we learn to build different websites from scratch with the languages already learnt
    > to the Slack amazing support and friendliness.
    But most importantly, I had a great mentor who encouraged me to manage my milestone projects by breaking down all the tasks, guided me to the right resources and gave solid and concrete feedback which helped me to achieve great scores!

Now, as I am looking for a job, the careers team are also helping me and providing super rich webinars along with tech companies. And I have now a very nice and detailed portfolio to share with my CV!

Not sure what else can Code Institute do more, already pretty amazing!
  • Mrs
    - 11/24/2020
    Yvette  User Photo
    Yvette • SAP Consultant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
  • Stay away
    - 11/14/2020
    Michael G.   User Photo
    Michael G. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The support always answer in the same way, they don't listen and they let information slip, vital at that one to.

Not so much student care when they just repeat same message and not listening, no student caring at all.

They really don't care about you, they will press you, hunt you like crazy for the money.

This is a band of burglars salesman rather than a institute or school.

You can use their slack, support, or your mentor, but everything is so slow, takes days at worse for a response, yeah sure, time difference, but I'm a student, I need to be taken cared of and not abbadoned in the code jungle.

They don't pay attention to your private life or any thing that could happen.

You can get an extension if you're near death for free at best, otherwise pay up for the whole course sum again.

Screw these guys, they fake most of their stuff, they put a lot into marketing and no support or care at all.

You're better of studying on your own and use free lessons/tools.
    Monday, Nov 23 2020
    Hi Michael,

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your experience. However, we dispute your claims.

We have a deferral process in place for students who are experiencing exceptional circumstances. As with any educational body, we require documentation to be provided for extensions to be granted.

We also have a wide range of support in place to help students along their journey:

- A community support team that facilitates our global community of learners, alumni and developers in our Slack support network.
    - A Careers team that connects students and alumni with employers, provides consultations and arranges interviews for all our students

We track our response timings to ensure that a student does not have to wait too long for a response. When a student requires assistance for example from our tutors, they are informed straight away as to their approximate wait time. Our mentor meetings are scheduled in advance.

Please feel free to engage further with our Student Care team.

The Code Institute Team.