code-institute-logo

Code Institute

Code Institute

Code Institute is an online coding bootcamp offering a FullStack Software Development diploma. The Full Stack Software Development curriculum covers HTML, CSS, Python, Django, JavaScript, and competencies such as agile development and project management.

Code Institute equips students with remote working skills and also provides support services, such as 1:1 mentorship and career services, such as portfolio guidance and job interview preparation. Through Code Institute’s industry contacts and proprietary analytics platform, the Code Institute recruitment team can match a student's strengths and ambitions to an employer's needs. With 1000+ global hiring partners, Code Institute's graduates have been hired by tech companies such as Google, Apple, IBM, and Salesforce.

To apply, candidates can fill out an online form on the Code Institute website. Expect to receive a call from the Code Institute team within 24 hours. After the call, candidates will receive a notification about whether they have been accepted into the program.

Code Institute is credit-rated by the University of the West of Scotland and validated by the Higher Education Authority in Sweden, the Ministry of Communications in Singapore, and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland.

Recent Code Institute Reviews: Rating 4.33

all (63) reviews for Code Institute →

Recent Code Institute News

Read all (5) articles about Code Institute →
  • Diploma in FullStack Software Development

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Python
    The Diploma in Full-Stack Software Development gives participants hands-on experience creating employer-ready web technologies. Our programme is 100% online delivery through our world-class Learning Management System (LMS). Content is Industry-Validated and University Credit-Rated and is suitable for beginners or those with an existing skill-set who wish to enhance their career prospects. Learners become full-stack software Developers specialising in web application development for both front-end and back-end. This hands-on and practical program enables you to produce a fully formed portfolio of projects which include designing and building fully functional websites, improving UX, manipulating data effectively, and creating an eCommerce website with payment functions. Course material is highly relevant, and you will develop the most in-demand skills that employers are looking for. 90% of graduates are hired within 6 months of completing and work for companies such as Accenture, Google, PayPal, and Microsoft. With 1000+ global hiring partners, their focus is to find you the right job and prepare you for interviews with 1:1 Career Support and Mentor sessions.
    Tuition PlansFinance & Payment Plans Available
    Minimum Skill LevelA basic level of coding knowledge is required.
    Prep WorkAll applicants must complete our free 5 Day Coding Challenge.
  • Free 5 Day Coding Challenge

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    OnlinePart Time5 Hours/week1 Week
    Cost0
    Class size2000
    The 5 Day Challenge allows you to understand coding from both a theoretical and practical point of view. We do this through covering the three pillars of modern front end software development – HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Over the five days, you will receive online access to Code Institute’s world-class Learning Management System (LMS). The course content is structured around the concept of microlearning. Each day you’ll be given a new coding challenge to complete with supporting videos and detailed notes to aid you. You will need to set aside roughly 60 minutes per day (Evenings and Weekend if preferred) to complete each challenge. On completion of all challenges, you’ll learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. More importantly – you’ll find out if becoming a software developer is the next step for you. Start Date: Every Monday. Duration: 1 hour per day for 5 days.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required.
  • Karen  User Photo
    Karen • Student Verified via GitHub
    I have only done a few intro coding courses with free online resources before this course. The online course started off well with the HTML, CSS modules but then JavaScript and Python modules were intensely complicated, covering a lot of concepts and the majority of the time I was left to research and google on my own to understand what was being taught, tutor support is available but i would have to wait on average 45 - 120 mins for each question and that is not a guarantee they could help as some of them are also recent graduates of the course. I've had many times the tutor's shift ended and they abruptly tell me that and I would have to wait for another tutor to help, they often made me feel stupid and had an arrogant and obnoxious attitude, although there were a few good humble tutors too.
    Mentor support is for when you do the milestone projects you get 30 - 60 mins each time and you are given technical advice and how to proceed with the project. I didn't really resonate with my mentor but was discouraged to change as I had already started with him. He was telling me that coding was basically fixing coding problems, so you would spend most of your time googling and researching on the internet finding the answers and even when you've been working as a developer for so many years you still don't know that much.
    Project assessments are a bit random as the feedback tells you to test or code another way that was not taught on the course, which is really strange and puts you up to fail.
    My overall experience is that they just want your money and the support is sorely lacking for something so complicated. This course is adequate if you already know a lot or have developer friends to help you out and you have lots and lots of time to research. Also if you don't mind getting frustrated frequently because you don't know what you're doing and you have to figure it out yourself.
  • Nemanja Manojlovic  User Photo
    Nemanja Manojlovic • Full Stack Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the course on the 29th of November day after my 21st birthday. I did not have any knowledge of coding. I was looking to learn. For Code Insitute, I found out by looking up all of the schools available in Europe. I have familiars who have finished coding schools but have not learned anything. I did not want the same to happen to me as I knew I wanted to do something serious. After reading information on Code Institute's website, the first thing that I noticed was that their degree is university-approved. After I have started the course everything that they were claiming on the website came to be true. I could not be more satisfied with my CI diploma as even recruiters have told me that now I have a strong profile to be a junior developer. So CI diploma can get you a job, it is a well-respected institution even by people who did not know about it before. The amount of knowledge you gain from completing the course will give you the best starting point for your career in this industry. That is why I highly recommend CI.
  • Johan Kjellin  User Photo
    Johan Kjellin • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Starting with the 5-day coding challenge I was compelled to continue and apply for the Full Stack Developer course part time because I have another fulltime job. I entered the course in September 2019 and finished in December 2020. The situation is I want to leave my current work for a new career and I hope this will be able to do that. The 5-day coding challenge is a good introduction to the actual course structure, with different modules laid out on different days as a sort of schedule.

Coming from a background with no knowledge of code the course is gentle in the beginning with about 1/4 of the total course working with HTML, CSS and a little Bootstrap. Then it leads on to Javascript and jQuery in the Interactive Frontend module, a particularly bumpy step for many students, this is a common thread in the Slack community but thankfully help can be gained from tutor or mentor support, even other students depending on particulars.

After half the course is done you start reading the Data Centric Module which is all about using Python and Flask with noSQL backend using mongoDB, combined with some Javascript for nice frontend features. At this point the Javascript starts to make more sense. The last module is Full Stack Frameworks with Django which is another Python framework where you will learn database modelling in SQL, and tie several api services together such as AWS, SQL, Heroku and Stripe to produce an impressive homemade project.

In each of the 4 modules you are required to produce a web app which will be examined by Code Institute, and you will be getting some impressive feedback with scores for different aspects and some interesting feedback. Since you will be doing several practice projects throughout the course you are not allowed to plagiarize but some boilerplate code or particular components can be borrowed as long as you declare it in the Readme. Readme documentation is something important and the Markup language is discussed as well.

These projects will be scored and the average of these determines your final score. For my final project I had to extend submission by 2 months (in 1 month increments) which was fine by Student Care, and these extensions do not affect your score.

On my part time schedule I mostly had to put in 1 or 2 hours per day, I could skip a day and work it up in the weekends at times, but if I lagged behind I could always call in to the Student Care team who were always very relaxed with requests of extension.

Last but not least the price tag is indeed a treshold, but I think it's a comparably good price for the available support, they keep calling to check up on you, and there is also one-on-one tutor support available, mentor sessions for the examina projects and helpful staff available in the Slack Channel as well as other students who were sometimes able to help me. Even though the Student Care is not about learning I have to mention that there are some gentle souls working there who are always nice to talk to.

I am currently in the "Careers" module which is a nice addition since many of the students are looking for career changes.
    They have webinars with invited tech companies and experts willing to look over your documentation and do a mock interview, and it's all there for your help.

So in final words, I would rate the course at 5/5 even though it's a bumpy ride entering functional programming, but it's because of the nature of backend programming. I would recommend the course for anyone, if you can manage the 5-day coding challenge.

• Adrian Havenga-Bennett  User Photo
    Adrian Havenga-Bennett • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Back in January 2019, I stumbled upon Code Institute's 5-day coding challenge and thought why not? I was heavily into the idea of C++ game development at the time and was pursuing that. But coding and programming was really what I wanted to do, and I didn't much mind what I was creating; creation itself and the method of doing so was what inspired me. The coding challenge was a lot of fun and honestly a nice and, importantly, accurate preview on the flow of the instruction and using the LMS. I was hooked.

Fast forward boring financial stuff.

Days later, I was chatting to Student Care (great team, by the way - they come back later in the story), about what my goals were and setting out a plan with me. Very supportive and genuine. I felt their duty of care immediately. So, I basically got stuck into the first module. I won't go into too much detail here about each module or the content within it. I will, however, say that you'll learn the fundamentals of programming (not language specific), which will stay with you. More on this later (unless you've already rolled your eyes at my cumbersome review and haven't made it this far. That's OK. To those staying with me, I thank you. At least you'll know this is a real review. I mean, who would invest this much time writing a fake one? Seems silly. But I digress!).

Working full-time and studying part-time around a family, which included wife, 3-year-old son, and an infant daughter, was no easy feat. It was taxing, to say the least. And the dreadful Tax Man took up Father Time's job for the duration of the course. Mind you, Father Time just does his job and gets on with it. We don't like it but it is what it is. The Tax Man was stealing time from me. Once again, I digress.

My full schedule meant that I was unable to stay within the confines of the initial course deadline (not making excuses here, I was just not that great at juggling busy home and professional life with study life). But fear not, dear student, Student Care to the rescue! After a very convenient email exchange... voila, time extended and stress levels returned to... well, still high but certainly not looming-deadline-and-large-amount-of-work-still-to-do high!

All throughout the course, I made good use of every avenue that could lead me to a solution to a problem I may have been facing. And, thankfully, Code Institute offers a good amount of them. From Slack, to Tutors, to a Mentor, you’re never far from someone offering to help you (heck, I still scan Slack in the hopes that someone has asked a question, only to be disappointed that someone else got there before me. They’re too fast on there! Or perhaps I “slack” off too much. Sorry, it was right there.

I shall sign off this novella with a good luck to anyone either already taking this course or considering it. As the title says, it’s well worth the journey and I have successfully changed careers a mere couple of months after receiving my diploma. The tech stack I’ll be using isn’t what I learned with Code Institute, but do you recall a few chapters ago when I mentioned learning non-language-specific fundamentals? Well, what I learned from Code Institute inspired confidence in my future employer, who were certain I’d be able to pick up their stack in my stride. And you know what? They were 100% on that.

• MPia Kuti  User Photo
    MPia Kuti • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    As a total beginner in programming, I have enjoyed every bit of the course:
    > from the very clear, detailed and useful lessons,
    > to the coding challenges which did make me struggle a lot and learnt so much
    > to the practical projects where we learn to build different websites from scratch with the languages already learnt
    > to the Slack amazing support and friendliness.
    But most importantly, I had a great mentor who encouraged me to manage my milestone projects by breaking down all the tasks, guided me to the right resources and gave solid and concrete feedback which helped me to achieve great scores!

Now, as I am looking for a job, the careers team are also helping me and providing super rich webinars along with tech companies. And I have now a very nice and detailed portfolio to share with my CV!

Not sure what else can Code Institute do more, already pretty amazing!
  • Mrs
    - 11/24/2020
    Yvette  User Photo
    Yvette • SAP Consultant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
  • Stay away
    - 11/14/2020
    Michael G.   User Photo
    Michael G. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The support always answer in the same way, they don't listen and they let information slip, vital at that one to.

Not so much student care when they just repeat same message and not listening, no student caring at all.

They really don't care about you, they will press you, hunt you like crazy for the money.

This is a band of burglars salesman rather than a institute or school.

You can use their slack, support, or your mentor, but everything is so slow, takes days at worse for a response, yeah sure, time difference, but I'm a student, I need to be taken cared of and not abbadoned in the code jungle.

They don't pay attention to your private life or any thing that could happen.

You can get an extension if you're near death for free at best, otherwise pay up for the whole course sum again.

Screw these guys, they fake most of their stuff, they put a lot into marketing and no support or care at all.

You're better of studying on your own and use free lessons/tools.
    Response From: Code Institute of Code Institute
    Title: Student Care
    Monday, Nov 23 2020
    Hi Michael,

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your experience. However, we dispute your claims.

We have a deferral process in place for students who are experiencing exceptional circumstances. As with any educational body, we require documentation to be provided for extensions to be granted.

We also have a wide range of support in place to help students along their journey:

- A global team of tutors, who are available 24 hours a day on weekdays and 9-5 at weekends to assist in problem-solving.
    - A dedicated Student Care team to support students in everything from onboarding, to pastoral care, to general queries, while also providing regular check-ins throughout the course.
    - A community support team that facilitates our global community of learners, alumni and developers in our Slack support network.
    - A Careers team that connects students and alumni with employers, provides consultations and arranges interviews for all our students
    - A large team of experienced mentors to provide project planning assistance, advice and tech interview prep.

We track our response timings to ensure that a student does not have to wait too long for a response. When a student requires assistance for example from our tutors, they are informed straight away as to their approximate wait time. Our mentor meetings are scheduled in advance.

Please feel free to engage further with our Student Care team.

Kind Regards,
    The Code Institute Team.
  • Igor B  User Photo
    Igor B • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Code Institute's Diploma in Software Development is a full-stack web development bootcamp, which you can take full-time (4 months) or part-time (up to 14 months). Although I was unemployed at the time, I eventually chose the part-time option as I didn't want to commit to a full 8-hour-a-day obligation. It eventually took me just over 7 months to complete the course, precisely the time I set myself in the beginning.

TL;DR: my experience with the course, the topics covered, the support offered, the student community, and with Code Institute in general, has been overwhelmingly positive. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in web development, with only one caveat: if you're a complete novice to the computer world, don't quite know the difference between Windows, Word and Explorer yet, or have never used the word "variable", then you might find yourself struggling with certain course topics.

Intro

Code Institute (CI) has a nice "demo course" for aspiring applicants, called the 5-Day Coding Challenge. It is designed to give the prospective applicant a taste of the coding world, of the teaching approach the full course takes, and an opportunity for the person to ascertain whether their aptitude and interests are really aligned with what the course has to offer. I ran into the challenge by fortune (or by search engine wizardry? :)) and completed it just to see what it was all about. I enjoyed it, it was fun and interesting, but as I hadn't made a serious decision to change careers at that particular time yet (I had worked in the aviation industry for 18 years prior), I didn't give it much thought when I finished it.

Pre-course

A couple of months later - and by then I was already seriously contemplating leaving my then-current job and changing careers - I was contacted by CI's Educational Advisor and asked if I'd be interested in taking the course. Our first conversation (over the phone) lasted for over half an hour, during which he explained to me the types of support offered during the course, the financing options, and addressed all questions I had. It was not one of those generic phone sales calls where the person just reads a written advertisement in robot-like voice spouting their perfect product - it was an open and honest personal conversation involving many questions from my part, and at no time did I have the feeling that he was just trying to sell me his product.

What really “sold” me for the course – even in comparison with other similar courses I had looked at – were these promises:
    - a university-credited diploma upon successful completion of the course,
    - a curriculum built upon technologies in high demand by the industry,
    - four-pillar in-course support (Student Care, Tutors, personal Mentor, Slack community)
    - career support upon course completion.

Price

The price of EUR 5500 (I think it's slightly higher now) was not negligible by any stretch, but once I had made the final decision to change careers, and comparing the above promises to other courses of similar content/scope and their prices, it was more than reasonable. So I quit my job, and decided to jump in head-first. And I never looked back.

Start

On the first day of the official course start (new part-time students officially start on Tuesday) I received a personalised welcome call from Student Care, followed by an email containing a bundle of useful student brochures (welcome pack, Student Charter, support guide), and a personalised course schedule based on the time I had said I'd like to complete the course in. The schedule is very useful for tracking one's progress as it tells you exactly what lesson you should be at on which date, thus helping you plan your studying and preventing you from falling behind on the schedule. Really helpful.

Contents

The courses Learning Management System is an online application enabling access to all the course materials, plus links to Tutor Support and Slack (although Slack definitely works better when downloaded as a standalone desktop app).

The course contents are divided into modules of two general types:
    - "Fundamentals" modules - teaching the syntax of the particular language covered (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python),
    - "Practical" modules - providing practical application of the theoretical concepts learned in the Fundamentals.

Thus the HTML and CSS modules are followed by a User-Centric Frontend module (introducing Bootstrap), JS is followed by an Interactive Frontend module (introducing jQuery), and Python is followed by Practical Python (introducing Flask), Data-Centric Development (introducing SQL and MongoDB), and Full-Stack Frameworks (introducing Django).

As a general rule, the Fundamentals modules are a mix of text lessons, runnable examples and auto-graded challenges or quizzes, while the Practical modules are video/tutorial-based (with occasional challenges) and involve theory (e.g. UI/UX design concepts or database design) and code-along mini projects.

I found most of these lessons very intuitive and easy to follow; some challenges were really challenging and there are some individual points that perhaps could be explained more clearly (although that is really completely subjective), but I can honestly say that I never encountered any issue that I wasn't eventually able to resolve with some own research or, when that failed, using one of the available support options

What bears pointing out is that at the end of every module (be it Fundamentals or Practical) there is a Student Feedback Form which enables every student to leave feedback on the module they just completed. Student feedback is clearly important to CI, and the course is undergoing constant improvements -  just as an example, around the time I started, they changed the “official” course IDE to replace an outdated one, and around the time I was finishing, the Django module was fully remade to use Django 3, and is IMHO currently the best module in the course. Minor bugs or problems (which can also be reported through Slack) are usually resolved (or at least worked around) within hours or days at most.

A single weak point  (but again, this is a completely personal opinion) I was able to identify in the course, is the transition from JavaScript fundamentals to practice. While the JS Fundamentals module is really solid, and the Practical part covers some essential topics like API handling quite well, what I felt was lacking was a code-along project that would build a working JS app from scratch, a demonstration how to apply all the little pieces of the puzzle that are JS syntax and put them together into a working app. The feeling I had was that of a person holding a large set of Lego bricks and knowing exactly what each one does separately, but having no idea how to put them together. By its very nature, JS is a significant difficulty increase from HTML/CSS, and I found myself really struggling to put my theoretical JS knowledge to practice, as did a significant number of other students I conversed with. This is the single point I think really should be improved in the course, and I wrote that in my Feedback Form.

Projects

Every major Practical module ends with a Milestone Project, which has clear official requirements and is graded by an external expert. Thus at the end of the course the graduate has a portfolio of four major apps (HTML/CSS, HTML/CSS/JS, Flask/MongoDB, Django/SQL) that they can demonstrate their knowledge and skills with. The value of the Milestone Project work is immense - one learns to use a real IDE (Gitpod is the official one for the course, but the student is free to choose any alternative IDE if they want to, albeit with limited support), to use Git and GitHub, to search for solutions online (one learns that "Google is your best friend" is so much more than just a catchphrase), to use online tools (validators etc.) and resources (Stack Overflow and beyond) and, most important of all, one sees the result of their theoretical knowledge being materialised into something working and usable. Priceless.

Support

The "four pillars" of support, as advertised, are:

Student Care
    A service for general student matters (LMS access, mentor assignment, progress tracking etc.).  But the level of care they demonstrated (at least to me) far exceeded my expectations. Every six weeks or so I would receive a phone call asking me how I was, acknowledging my progress, my good use of Tutor Support and Slack activity, asking if I was ready for my Milestone Project and/or if I had any difficulties. When my hometown was struck by an earthquake in March 2020, they even called me to ask if there was anything they could help me with - may seem like just a nice gesture, but to me, that's more student care than what I received during my polytechnic studies.

Tutor Support
    A chat-based instant support for day-to-day course-related issues. Primarily intended for lesson clarifications or help with challenges, they will also never refuse to answer even project-related or debugging issues. I only contacted them five or six times during the entire course, three of those times in relation to my Milestone Project, and only when I was really really stuck, but every single time they came through incredibly and helped me resolve my issue or at least pointed me in the right direction. One time the lady Tutor even set up a one-to-one screen-sharing live call to help me debug my code using Dev Tools.
    The best part? Tutor Support is available 24h on weekdays and 9-17h on weekends. It doesn't really get much better than that.

Mentor
    Each student is assigned a personal mentor, a professional programmer whose primary purpose is to guide the student through their milestone projects. Three half-hour sessions per project are foreseen, and the mentor is there not so much to help with coding issues, but to provide ideas on code improvements, suggestions on best practices, advice on app features etc. Apparently some mentors get more involved, some less, but I'd say that how much you get from your mentor is mostly up to you - I for example have a feeling now that perhaps I could have gotten much more had I asked, but at the time I was too busy just getting my apps to work and submitting my projects on time.

Slack
    Current students, alumni, some of the mentors, and some of the CI staff (mostly Tutors and the Community Manager) are what makes up the CI Slack Community.
    Each course module has a dedicated channel where students can ask questions about specific course-related issues they encounter, and what is so invaluable is that they will often get not only peer-level answers (e.g. from a "senior" student who had struggled with the same challenge before them) but also expert-level clarifications from alumni and/or mentors who already work as professional programmers. Some mentors and alumni go so far to occasionally host live educational calls they see students struggle with, and these calls are an immense additional learning opportunity.

I can say without a shred of doubt that the Slack community is the most valuable non-coding part of the course. The amount of support, friendliness and positivity in the channels is incredible, and I have made some really good friends there even though I have never met any of those people before.

Career support

I must say I was the most skeptical about this part. Yes, there is a Careers module at the very end of the course, with some really useful contents (what a CV should look like, why a LinkedIn profile is important, how to write a good cover letter). Also, many third-party vacancies are regularly posted in Slack, and also CI cooperates with several renowned companies who look for developers. But as a career-changer I really felt I would need more "personalised" assistance as I had never attempted a job hunt before, much less in the programming market. I was afraid the module and the job posts alone would be woefully insufficient.
    All my fears were alleviated in my first Google Meet call with the Career Support lady. Not only did she help me remake my CV and advised me what to change in my LinkedIn profile on the spot, she also gave me "homework" (with instructions how to do it) to look for prospective employers/vacancies and make a list.
    In the next call, we reviewed the list and she told me to start applying from the bottom of the list while she would start contacting the HR/recruiting departments in the companies, with the aim of introducing me so I would not be just another anonymous application. We continued through email correspondence, where she provided me with more very valuable advice e.g. on how to respond to application rejections. In the first three weeks of a serious job hunt, I managed to land three interviews. And while I haven't received any job offers yet (it's been only four weeks now, and it's vacation season), I feel that the career support I have received so far has been nothing short of stellar.

Course difficulty

You will hear some people complain that there is too much self-study and outside research required, that for the attached price tag you shouldn’t need to do that. I disagree. Yes, some individual research is needed. But I say with full confidence that there is no obstacle that the course puts in front of the student that couldn’t be overcome using own efforts, Google + outside resources, , Tutor Support, and Slack – at least I haven’t encountered one. And I really appreciate the moments when I was forced to do some own “digging”, as these have taught me the invaluable skill of looking for solutions, asking questions and Googling properly – I know that all this sounds like a joke, but if you’ve ever talked to a programmer, you’ll know it isn’t. I’m glad I wasn’t handed all the answers on a silver platter – I truly believe it has made me a better future programmer. It has also helped me overcome some personal insecurities, which is also a point not to be thrown away.

There will also be people who feel that they are struggling too much, that the lessons are too difficult or too unclear and that the amount of support available is insufficient. While I can appreciate the sentiment - I had my struggles during the course, especially with JavaScript as mentioned above, and there will be the odd lesson that could have been worded better - I have to disagree again. As a former Air Traffic Controller,  I can provide this parallel: while probably almost anyone could be taught to eventually work as an Air Traffic Controller, the time required to achieve that, and the quality of one's work afterwards, would vary wildly from person to person. But the bar has to be set somewhere. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and I don't think it's fair to expect the bar to be set at the level of our weakness. Personally, I have zero talent for visual arts. Could I then blame a painting course for failing to make a Picasso out of me?

Conclusion

What I feel I have received from the course:
    - solid grasp of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, Flask, Django, MongoDB and SQL, and the corresponding documentation,
    - familiarity with Bootstrap, Materialize and jQuery,
    - ability to plan, design and execute a web project from start to finish,
    - ability to troubleshoot, debug and fix my code,
    - solid knowledge of code versioning,
    - ability to use a professional-level IDE, and the ability to grasp any alternate one in the future,
    - ability to ask good troubleshooting questions,
    - ability to search online resources quickly for solutions and/or clarifications,
    - ability to help others resolve their code issues.
    - immense support on all levels, from coding assistance to career to community/friendship.

All said and done: worth every cent and every minute invested.

• Asif Rana  User Photo
    Asif Rana • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    when I started to learn to code in 2018 I had little hard time in the beginning, mostly because i had no roadmap how to start and where to start. While i was exploring different options, i came across Code Institute Curriculum. Instantly it was an appealing option. They have offered me a course with complete structure, starting from HTML and CSS to all the way JavaScript and Python along with all relevant frameworks. This is the path i completed,

HTML
    Git / Github
    Django
    Sql
    Travis CI/CD

And there are few more technologies on the way. The great thing is , there is 7 Days tutor support available, and they are always helpful if you are stuck at any task or code review. I was also assigned to my Mentor who would advise me on completing compulsory 4 Milestone Projects on 3 stages or on demand whenever you need to connect for help. There is great community on Slack and help is available almost 24 hours. You learn a lot from other student's experience. Career support has advised me how to target job search and helped me to make a tailored CV, Cover letter and LinkedIn Profile. Overall i was very happy and delighted to complete my course. Please feel free to checkout my portfolio website and some of the projects .Thank You  https://asifrana.ie/
  • Sophie Wickham   User Photo
    Sophie Wickham • Freelance Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Outstanding course - Diploma in Software Development, covers everything you would need to begin a career in coding, which is actually very hard to do, and involves learning a hell of a lot of new skills. The Code Institute manages to fit everything in whilst giving you amazing support. Thank you sooo much to the tutors, you wouldn't be able to do it without them, literally there at all times, and insanely clever, you will always sort out your problem and learn a lot at the same time. I finished the course in May and have already started working freelance. One of few courses you gain this much practical experience, and a credit-rated qualification if stick to your deadlines (like you would in the job) and listen to your mentor/tutors and Slack community. Another kudos is they let you stay on the Slack community once you have graduated, networking is very important and the support is priceless. Thanks very much, it's been great!
  • Terence Logue  User Photo
    Terence Logue • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Code Institute's website is easy to navigate around which I was pleased with. The tutors were very helpful with technical questions even when helping other students. My mentors were great at helping with projects and gave me their experiences of coding. Student care influenced me to join here and made it easy for me to begin.

Criteria which I learnt was modern and beneficial as I continue to study deeper into the technologies which I learnt here.

Personally, I would recommend Code Institute as it teaches the latest technologies and the support I got was fantastic and beneficial. I enjoyed creating projects and getting feedback from other students to help improve my work. I have no regrets by joining Code Institute and it's opened up a lot of doors for me in the future!
  • Wasted money
    - 5/31/2020
    Peter  User Photo
    Peter • Student Verified via GitHub
    Absolutely terrible. Do not pay so much money for a course unless you are some kind of gifted student in the field, as there is no help if you struggle with the content! You really are on your own.
    Response From: Neil Kavanagh of Code Institute
    Title: Student Care Lead
    Wednesday, Jun 10 2020
    Hi Peter,

We are very disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your course experience and we would like to talk to you to resolve your issues.

There is no doubt that accelerated coding bootcamps are challenging by their very nature, and we are sorry to hear that you struggled with the course content.

Our support system is designed to assist students in progressing through the course. This includes 24/5 one-on-one tutor support, 14 mentoring sessions with an experienced developer, support from our dedicated student care team, access to our peer-to-peer online community, and guidance from our careers services team.

We would very much appreciate it if you could arrange a call with our student care team so that we can further understand and resolve any issues you may have had.

Thank you for your feedback.

The Code Institute Team