zip-code-wilmington-logo

Zip Code Wilmington

Wilmington

Zip Code Wilmington

Zip Code Wilmington offers two full-time, 12-week bootcamp programs focused on Java and Data Engineering and Analytics in Wilmington, Delaware. Founded in 2015, Zip Code Wilmington gives students the technical, interpersonal and leadership skills needed to secure a competitive job in technology and increase their earning potential. Students attend classes Monday through Friday and put in between 80-100 hours a week.

The core Java program teaches object-oriented programming, design patterns, Git, test driven development, project management methodologies, and clean coding principles.

Our Data Engineering and Analytics program, launched in March 2020, focuses on data engineering methods and processes, database setup, and R programming with an introduction to Python.

In addition to technical training, over the course of 12 intense weeks, students will participate in professional development workshops which include resume writing, networking and mock interviewing.

Zip Code Wilmington instructors are highly skilled programmers with industry experience building real, scalable software. From startups to Fortune 500’s, Zip Code Wilmington partners with a host of companies in the surrounding area including M&T Bank, JPMorganChase, CSC, Guru and Marlette Funding. After completion of the program, Zip Code Wilmington assists with placing qualified graduates into a full-time role at a partner company.

Zip Code Wilmington looks for passionate self-starters with grit, tenacity and a fierce love of problem-solving. While previous coding experience is not required, we recommend that applicants familiarize themselves with the languages and start preparing early. The admissions  process consists of an online application, timed coding assessment, interactive group activity and in-person interview. Students pay $3,000 once accepted into the program and the remaining balance is paid by corporate partners if hired for a direct-hire job, along with completing 26 work weeks of employment with the company. Zip Code Wilmington offers financial assistance through scholarships and stipends for qualified candidates, including active duty service members, their spouses, reservists and veterans.

Recent Zip Code Wilmington Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (74) reviews for Zip Code Wilmington →

Recent Zip Code Wilmington News

Read all (23) articles about Zip Code Wilmington →
  • Data Engineering & Analytics

R, Python, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Analytics
    LocationWilmington
    Deposit3,000
    ScholarshipZip Code Wilmington offers needs-based scholarships and stipends to income qualifying candidates.
  • Java

Java, AngularJS, CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript
    LocationWilmington
    Deposit$3,000
    Refund / GuaranteeIf the student finishes the course and completes a paid 6 months apprenticeship with one of our partner organizations, the parter organization will cover the remaining $10,000 cost of the students tuition.
    Prep Work80-150 hours
  • The Total Package
    - 4/18/2017
    Dan "Did Better" • Graduate

Zip Code Wilmington has given me a chance to do what I always have wanted to do in my life which is be a programmer. It has given me the tools that I need to accelerate my career and be able to make a difference in the programming community. Not only technology tools but also the professional skills as well. I remember coming into the program thinking how hard could this possibly be, I've coded before, I shouldn't have to sweat it. But, actually being immersed in the code and the different techniques I found it to be challenging but very enjoyable and up-to-date. Zip Code isn't for the faint of heart but if you get the chance to be apart of this amazing program, don't hesitate and take the leap.

• Tony Pajerowski • Java Application Developer • Graduate

Completed the three-month bootcamp from January to March 2017.  Following graduation, successfully secured job as Java application developer with partner company.  This course provided instruction in the areas of core Java, relevant frameworks including Spring, as well as front end development using the Angular 2/ Ionic 2 frameworks.  The level of instruction and immersion has proven to successfully prepare graduates to land a job in the industry, and continue to grow and excel in their careers.

• Latasha Watson

After years of failed attempts at learning programming on my own I decided to go back to school for my second bachelors in computer science. As I prepared to enter a CS program, a friend of mine who has a CS degree told me about Zip Code Wilmington.

With tuition costs at a fraction of a bachelors degree, and an impecable reputation I decided to go for it. Applying to Zip Code Wilmington proved to be a total game changer for me. Zip Code Wilmington prepares its students to take on real-world challenges by refining students critical thinking skills, in-depth coverage of in-demand languages, strict enforcement of industry standards, as well as projects designed to challenge students while building their skillset. They also take job-placement seriously with plenty of networking events and opportunities, resume assistance, elevator pitch assistance, and mock interviews.

Not only does Zip Code Wilmington have an exceptional professorial staff, curriculum and employment opportunities for students, but they are also deeply involved in the tech-community. Zip Code students don't just join an educational institution, they merge into a culture and community of innovators determined to thrive and empower each other.

• The Best
    - 3/1/2017
    Kevin McCann • Student

What an amazing program! Everything about this place is great, from the faculty to the administration to the facilities. I've learned so much in such a short time. From java & spring, to Angular and Ionic2, job placement / training, all the education I've received here has been top notch. The small cohort size allows us to really get to know the other students and learn from each other as well. As a non-profit, I really feel that Zip Code cares about me and my success, not just lining their pockets. You can tell the alumni feel the same, because many of them come back in their free time to help the current students with whatever they are working on, from assignments to personal projects. Many of the alumni are still working at the jobs they found out of the program, so the job placement is not just a temporary internship but a true start to your career.

If you are thinking of attending a coding bootcamp, there's no reason to go anywhere else.

• John Anotnio Collins • Student

I've learned more in the past few months than I have in the past few years before signing up. Not just coding, but people-skills, resume help, and general mentorship from staff and regular visits from employed alumni.

• Mike Cane • Applications Developer • Graduate

When I started Zip Code I had high hopes for a promising career in Software Development. I was hoping for a bit terrible place to work, a better paycheck than anything I e ever had before, and a job that could tolerate going to each day. Well, I've been at my job for over half a year now, the company I work for is actually pretty great, I'm making more than I ever did or think I would, and everyday I arrive to my job and leave my job happy & satisfied. Even the really tough days are actually enjoyable. Not only do I do what I enjoy but I've met some of the greatest people through ZC, and I'm not talking about foreign dignitaries or senators, I'm talking about the people that went through Zip Code with me, the people that went before me, the new students coming in, and especially the staff.

• Incredible Program
    - 1/19/2017
    Zac • Software Developer • Graduate

Challenging and intense but an extremely rewarding program. One of the hardest things I have done. Incredibly fast-paced, averaged over 100 hours a week. They do an amazing job at preparing you for interviews and teaching you the core skills you need to prepare you for a career as a software developer. The teachers care about your success and work with you to help you learn and are often there on weekends / nights. Very thankful for the opportunities and experience I got by going through ZCW, would definitely recommend.

• Abijah

Honestly one of the most challenging programs I have ever taken part of, and I am very greatful that I stuck with it. Apart from the many coding schools out there, Zipcode is a non-profit.. There objective is not to take your money and push you through, but to make sure that you have what it takes to make it through the program and obtain job placement. Let's be honest this is not the ideal means of learning for everyone.  This three month bootcamp covers a lot of material in a small amount of time, and not everyone is capable of learning at that speed. Doesn't mean you can't become a great developer, just means this might not be the right learning enviroment for you. With that being said, the program offers a plethora of resources and assistance, and the knowledge and confidence you will obtain in such a short amount of time is beyond any monetary value. If this is something you are extremely passionate about...GO FOR IT!

• Emily • Software Developer • Graduate

Zip Code Wilmington is the ultimate place from which to launch a career in software development. It's intense and rewarding. I would have never imagined I could learn so much in 3 months! I would whole-heartly recommend Zip Code to anyone serious about starting a career in software development.

• Life-changing
    - 12/9/2016
    Devon Lindsay • Software Developer • Graduate

I was in the business world for years and then most recently working as an artist. I had no previous coding experience before starting Zip Code. And through the amazing instructions and mentorship of the Zip Code team, I am going to embark on a new and exciting career that I love. It was a LOT of hard work and long hours, but they gave me the tools to perservere.

• Nazhir • Software Engineer • Graduate

As a student straight out of high school I knew what I wanted to do when it was time to start my career, so I did a year at college but it just wasn't enough! I felt as though I wasn't learning the things I needed and at the pace I wanted to. So I took it into my own hands and began looking for a better solution and  I came across an ad for Zip code Wilmington through a friends facebook. It was a video explaining Zip code was this affordable, fast track, challenging boot camp(too good to be true I thought to myself) so I decided to reach out to my friend and he said it was true so I took it upon myself and applied and out of the 31 that got in out of 300 or so applicants I was accepted. I've learned so much over these past three months it's almost unbelievable. Zip code will give you that foundation to do whatever you want as a programmer so I highly recommend it myself as of completing it.

• Awsome
    - 12/5/2016
    Jalisa • Software Engineer • Graduate

I was in the September cohort and it ended in December. I had to leave school due to financial reasons before I found Zip Code. I thought Zip Code was too god to be true, but I applied anyway because it was free to apply. It was the best decision of my life. I am now a full time software engineer at JPMorgan Chase. I went to being a server making 2.25 an hour to a developer making 20x's that. If you are interested in Zip Code do it!