ucf-boot-camps-logo

UCF Boot Camps

Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Orlando, Orlando, Orlando, Orlando, Orlando

UCF Boot Camps

UCF Boot Camps offer part-time and full-time web development courses, and part-time data analytics, digital marketing, and UX/UI courses in Orlando and Sanford/Lake Mary, Florida. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git, with in-person and online options. The data science curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript charting (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience, with in-person and online options. The digital marketing program covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Keyword Planner, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Facebook Insights. The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UCF Boot Camps are designed for students and professionals or those who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to learn a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCF Division of Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, or digital marketing.

UCF Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UCF Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (53) reviews for UCF Boot Camps →

Recent UCF Boot Camps News

• Data Analytics and Visualization (Online) - Part-Time

LocationOrlando
    Learn data analytics wherever you are through an innovative format that blends engaging content to work through on your own schedule and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors. The curriculum teaches the most relevant tools and technologies including programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript charting (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML/CSS, API interactions, databases, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, Git/GitHub, and more. Build a comprehensive portfolio of projects and earn a Certificate of Completion from UCF Division of Continuing Education.
    Payment plans available
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Lake Mary/Sanford)

LocationOrlando
    UCF Data Analytics and Visualization Boot Camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plan available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Wordpress, SEO
    LocationOrlando
    The UCF Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Customer Relationship Management software (CRMs), MailChimp, HTML/CSS, and more.
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Orlando)

LocationOrlando
    UCF Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Lake Mary/Sanford)

LocationOrlando
    UCF Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Valencia West)

• Full Stack Web Development (Online) Part-Time

LocationOrlando
    Learn to code wherever you are. The full-stack, online curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Through hands-on projects and training, students will complete the coding program in 24 weeks via live, instructor-led lessons. Individuals receive support from a variety of channels, so students are never alone throughout their online coding boot camp journey. University of Central Florida’s online coding boot camp gives you the opportunity to “think like a developer.” In addition to learning many of the most in-demand languages and creating your own personal portfolio, you will also partake in an 8-week Agile Team Project that mimics a real-world environment. Students are assigned a piece of the full project (division of tasks into short phases of work and frequent reassessment of adaptation of plans) and then finalize the project together with the assistance of an industry leader who has on average 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer. At the end of this online coding program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Central Florida, helping you stand out to employers.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationOrlando
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UCF Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UCF Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• All courses in Orlando
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Valencia West) (Orlando)
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Orlando) (Orlando)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Lake Mary/Sanford) (Orlando)
  • Jacob Luft • Product Manager • Graduate

I recently finished the 6-month part-time full stack dev course at the Lake Mary/Sanford campus. The primary question somebody would have (that I had) was "Is this for me?" I will try to answer that with the following use case examples:

Currently working in software development but not in a technical role: (This is myself since I've been a product manager for 10+ years.) Taking this class has already benefitted me greatly in my day-to-day duties as a product manager. I would recommend it for anyone in a similar role. Understanding what your dev team is doing and is capable of doing and being able to have more productive meetings will make you a better product or project manager. Your skills set will be more desireable in the marketplace.

Computer Science Student or recent grad: Definitely worth taking this class. From what I've been told the C.S. degree work is heavy on theory but not so much on coding especially in modern cutting-edge languages. Many of the TAs were computer science students who graduated from the bootcamp.

Looking for a career change: Much of the class is comprised of this use case. Definitely take some online tutorials on codecademy and whatever else you can find to see if you even like coding at all. It's probably not anything like you imagined it to be (it wasn't for me at least). If you find that you enjoy the challenge then go for it.

I got exactly what I was hoping to get from the UCF coding bootcamp and more. The instruction and support are outstanding. On the admin side Ricky and Jodi are your pillars to lean on so use them. I can't say enough about the high quality of my instructor (Howard Salter) or our TAs. This is crucial: Take advantage of the FREE weekly 1-on-1 tutoring. It's free and it helps to have someone to talk it out with. Even with all the help you will have to do much of the learning on your own; learning how to teach myself new material is the key thing you will learn in this class. At least it was for me.

Response From: Jodi Diehl of UCF Boot Camps
    Wednesday, May 23 2018
    Thank you for your review, Jacob! It's great to know our market-based curriculum taught you valuable coding skills that were helpful in your current job role. Like you mentioned, this course is a comprehensive learning experience benefiting individuals across a wide range of proficiency levels, ranging from those who may have more experience to novice self-starters who are seeking a career change.

Our entire staff is incredibly passionate about education and we couldn't agree more that Ricky, Howard and the whole team are all pretty amazing! We're thrilled you utilized our free tutoring and put in the necessary additional time outside of class learning the course material, as we pride ourselves on teaching students how to problem-solve and self-teach, a key developer skill. Congratulations on graduating and we wish you all the success going forward!
  • Mr.
    - 5/22/2018
    Brian Elliston • Graduate

Had a great experience with UCF bootcamp.   It was very challenging and in retrospect I would have preferred the part time course as I had little to no experience before beginning the course.  It moves very fast!!  The staff was outstanding and very helpful!!

Response From: Jodi Diehl of UCF Boot Camps
    Tuesday, May 22 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Brian! We’re thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced and challenging course, so we do want to commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put in during this boot camp journey - it's not easy but definitely worth it. We are thrilled our team members were supportive, as we also think they are outstanding! Thank you for your review, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Arumita De • Graduate

I attended the UCF Coding Bootcamp from January to July 2017.

I came to the bootcamp after 12 years of being a mom and homemaker, and although I was from a technical background, such a long time of being out of touch had made me practically a novice.

The course work is very challenging but if you are diligent, you can surely be successful. It equips you with a lot of latest technologies, but most importantly it teaches you the skill to learn and grasp new things. It instills that confidence in you.

My instructors were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. No question was ever left unanswered and they had unending patience. Our TA's were always by our side, helping us when we were stuck, troubleshooting, but most importantly, pointing us in the right direction, enabling us to figure out things by ourselves. They even conducted extra study groups, so that we had all the support we needed.

I made awesome friends at bootcamp. The work was intense, but there was a team spirit that is so very encouraging. The group projects helped me during my interview process. The group presentations taught me proper techniques to showcase my work.

Our Career Director Amber is simply superb. She is very intelligent, patient, perseverant and knowledgeable. She analyses each candidate individually and her suggestions are tailor made accordingly. She was always available when I needed her and always extremely encouraging. Her energy is infectious :)

Ricky, our student success manager is a great motivator and always ready to help.

I felt like I was a part of a big family and that they always had my back.

Immediately after I finished my bootcamp I had to take a 2 month break due to personal reasons. But when I was ready to start looking, the whole team was right there beside me, and I got a job offer within a month.

One of the best educational experiences of my life and highly recommended !!

Tuesday, Jan 02 2018
    Hi Arumita,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with UCF Coding Boot Camp. We love reading feedback like this, and knowing that this program has made such a positive impact on your career makes all of our hard work worthwhile.

As you mention, this course can be challenging and we applaud your dedication. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our curriculum, course structure, and networking with your classmates. Also, it makes us incredibly proud of our team to know that as a whole, we have provided you with the guidance and support you needed to be successful in this program and beyond.

Congratulations on completing the program and receiving an offer of employment. We're wishing you continued success as you move forward in your career.
  • Ash • Student

If all you are looking for is a solid base knowledge of full stack development, I have nothing but good things to say for the instructors and TAs of this program. They were all knowledgeable and helpful in every aspect of the course. They were all invested in helping you grow and make you into the best developer you can be. They encouraged you to learn and pushed you further than you thought you could go. A wonderful experience.

Now for the bad side, if you are looking to get a job right after completing this course then I suggest that you look elsewhere or at start with some free learning on other sites. The career services give you basic tips on pushing your resumes, hokey advice for researching interviewing advice and the majority of career advisors seem to have the wrong personalities for someone whose job it is to get jobs for dozens of people. Anything I have gotten after the course was completely from my own efforts.

I wish this program could've been everything I wanted it to be but sadly it fell completely flat on the career side and soured the experience of a solidly designed course.

Wednesday, Sep 13 2017
    Thank you for your feedback, Ash. We’re truly glad to hear you had such a positive experience learning valuable skills through our program. We work hard to select instructors and TAs that are passionate about helping our students achieve success. It makes us very proud to know that our team was able to provide you, not only with the required skills, but also with extensive encouragement and support throughout your journey.

Our career services are built on the principle of empowerment. While we do not secure direct employment for our students, we empower them the best we can with the necessary tools and support for entering the job market. Our team strives to be clear about the scope of our career services from the beginning so that our students understand how they can get the most out of this aspect of the program. We understand that your cohort did receive career support including an invitation to a company tour at Accesso, two employer-attended demo days, six in-class guest speaker events, one-on-one career coaching, portfolio reviews, as well as resume help that included introductions to prospective employers. Did you find these events helpful?

We would love to speak with you to address your concerns further and provide any additional career planning assistance you need at this time. A 100% positive student experience is our number one priority, so your feedback is crucial to those efforts. Please contact me directly at  (407) 454-9823 so that we can discuss how to best equip you for success as you go forward.
  • Luis Hernandez • Software engineer • Graduate
    Took the full-time class starting in May and just finished in August. All I have to say is that it's intense, yet very very rewarding. The full-time curriculum went by rather quickly but Bob, Josh and Justin did an excellent job in explaining key concepts and provided guidance along the course. Bob is a knowledgeable and interactive instructor. He kept us engaged and made seemingly boring information very interesting. Both Josh and Justin did a great job in helping us out with projects, homework assignments, answering questions and explaining information. This course is a lot of work and your success is dependant on your work and your efforts. Give it 110% of effort, ask questions, stay motivated and you'll reap the rewards. Go for it. It's an amazing experience.
    Hi Luis,

Congratulations on completing the program! It’s fantastic that you had such a positive experience in this course. It makes us incredibly proud of our team to hear that your instructor and TAs worked so hard to provide you and your classmates with the guidance you needed during your boot camp journey.

As you mention, this course can require students to commit both time and effort to completing assignments, reviewing material, and practicing their skills in order to learn these valuable new skills. This is an excellent insight for future students. We hope you’re proud of the hard work you put into completing this program. We’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Life Changing
    - 9/1/2017
    John Davis • Software Engineer • Graduate

I recently graduated from the UCF full stack coding boot camp in August. This boot camp literally changed my life, I had no coding experience before I attended this camp and was very nervous coming in. Reading the curriculum was very nerve wracking for me as I had no clue what most of these terms and "languages" were. But going in to the first day, my AMAZING instructor Bob and his TAs assured us all that we are in this together and will learn step by step. They make sure nobody gets left behind, but I do want to say one thing about getting the most out of this program. The TAs can only do so much for you, and can not always be right by your side for each assignment and homework. You have to put in the extra time and work outside of class. You can not just go home and start watching tv and forget about programming. You have to go home, do more research and practice, practice, practice. If you do that throughout the camp you will come out as one of the top developers in your class and be fully job ready for the real world. It is not an easy course, but it is not impossible either, it is an amazing opportunity that I would recommend to anybody interested in the tech industry.

Wednesday, Sep 13 2017
    Congratulations on completing the program, John! We’re thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience in this course. It is our mission to help students change their careers and lives through skills-based education, so we love reading feedback like this.

We know the importance of quality instruction, and work hard to select instructional team members that are experienced and passionate about student success. We’re glad that your instructor and TAs were so dedicated in providing you and your classmates with the support that you needed during your journey.

As you mention, students must expect to dedicate time and effort to this course in order to get the most out of the boot camp experience. This is excellent advice for future students, and we really appreciate your feedback. We hope your proud of all the hard work you put into completing this course, and we’re wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Quality Engineer
    - 9/1/2017
    Mtri • Quality Engineer • Graduate

I recently graduated from the UCF Full Stack Coding Bootcamp in Aug. 2017.  I took one programming class in college 15 years prior but never pursued it much after that.  I researched all the different options before signing up and most of the others have gone out of business since then and the reason for that is as follows:  From the first day to the last day we were full steam ahead.  We covered everything associated with full stack development.  Within a couple weeks I knew I was in over my head and asked for help.  The T.A.s, the instructor and even the UCF Coordinator swooped in and got me set up with a tutor who was another student in a different program who was further ahead than us.  This is what made all the difference.  They really did want to see me succeed and help out where they could.  They checked in regularly and helped me focus on what I needed to improve.  I couldn't be happier with the experience and I do think it was worthwhile.  They have a really good partnership with the university and plenty of people rooting for your success.  Now its up to me to put it work.  In terms of what this bootcamp can offer - they go over everything from HTML, CSS, JavaScript, NodeJS, React, PHP, MySQL, MongoDB, and a few others.  If I could recommend one thing it would be to come in humble and ready to learn because the amount of information can be very overwhelming but with a little effort and asking for help this could really change your life for the better.  Put in the time and use every resource they offer.

Wednesday, Sep 13 2017
    You rock Mtri! We love reading that you took full advantage of our student support services and resources. We know that learning many complex concepts in an abbreviated time period is difficult, so we work hard to provide our students with ample guidance and assistance in order to best equip them for success. Feedback like this makes all our hard work worthwhile!

It makes us proud to hear that our team, as a whole, worked diligently to provide you with such a positive experience. Congratulations on completing this program, we’re wishing you all the best as you move forward in your career.

• Marcus Hobbs • Software Engineer • Graduate

I recently graduated from the UCF Coding Boot Camp in August 2017. I came to the course expecting to learn new skills and to meet other excited software developers. The Boot Camp exceeded my expectations in every way. Bob, Justin, and Josh are all very knowledgeable and extremely motivated to help students engage with the material. Would recommend to anyone seeking to pivot to a new career.

Tuesday, Sep 05 2017
    Congratulations on completing the boot camp, Marcus! We’re glad that you learned a lot from this program, and we really appreciate your review. It makes us proud of our team to hear that they are working hard to help our students learn valuable skills, and change or advance their careers. We wish you nothing but the best moving forward.
  • Kelvin Medina • Graduate

I graduated on August 2017 and I would say it is a pretty great and extensive experience! I was working 40 hours a week throughout the 24-week program in Fort Lauderdale at the time.

I was expecting a lot of challenges and I defintely got more than that. I just wanted to master HTML, CSS, and Javascript and go on my way. I ended up learning much more and studied languages that I never imagined that I would understand the basic concept. If you are looking for a career switch, the instructors and career professionals are committed to helping you get to where you to be. If you are looking for a bootcamp that will add to your skill set, which is what I used it for, this is the perfect course for you.

I wrote an extensive article on what to look out for and what I think is the best way to go about this course. Here is the link: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-survive-coding-bootcamp-what-expect-kelvin-medina

Hopefully you decide to take on this challenge! Good luck!

Tuesday, Aug 22 2017
    Thank you for your review, Kelvin. We’re so glad that you had a positive experience with this program. It’s wonderful to hear that you were able to complete this program while working full time, as it is designed for working professionals just like you. We’re thrilled that you learned so much, and that our team has demonstrated their true commitment to helping our students succeed.

Your article provides excellent insight for future students, we appreciate you taking the time to write about your journey. Congratulations on completing the program, we’re cheering you on as you move forward.

• Gatlin Rowe • Programmer • Graduate

I was 25 already in a dead end job doing something I did not care about. I wanted a change and have always been very into the idea of programming as a profession and have tried to teach my self it countless times in the past. this Bootcamp came at the right time in my life. with them having multiple locations and times it made it easy to find one that fit my schedule. Once I was in I was hooked. both the professors I delt with on a weekly basis, Dan and Bob, were better than I would ever of hoped for. They truely have a passion not only for programming, but sharing their knowledge with others.

Now it being called a Boot Camp made me prepare for the worst. Even though we met 3 times a week, there is enough work to keep you busy day and night for the whole week, and made it fit the Boot Camp name.

There is an extensive amount of support for learning the challenging topics they cover in the short amount of 6 months. there were a total of 4 TA's, 2 professors, 2 administrative helpers(to answer any job/career, finacial questions you had) all of them available just about 24/7. Always online to chat, and each Friday they would have an open google hangout for about 2 hours, even if no one showed up, just to be available to dive into your code and help you debug any issues you are having.

The languages that were taught are the languages that I now see day to day working in the industry, They even made changes in what languages to teach as they saw the interest of the class shift. no one wanted to learn Java in my class, so they switched it out with more PHP or angular if we wanted to learn that. All tools we used to communicate and submit our work, are the tools used in the industry today to communicate and share work.

Now this class only walks you through the first few languages (HTML,CSS, and some Javascript) and after that really push you to learn how to research and find resources on your own, but if you ever get stuck they were more than happy to take all the time you need to help you get through it.

when I left that class I not only got a great understanding of the main languages used today, but also coding basics that help me adapt and figure out other languages on my own. I have an extensive portfolio, and very detailed and connected LinkedIn profile. I also am still connected with the students, TA's, and Professors of my class and have worked with them on projects. This class is exactly what I needed, when I needed it.

They ended the class with a Demo day, where they invited people from the industry to come look at our projects we had to share. I ended up picking up a programming job on the side while going through the class, and the professors let me make that my Final Project, and gave me great advice of working on client work. they helped me bid out jobs, and come up with a good estimate of how long it would take to make it. At Demo Day I was given about a dozen business cards and 2 job offers.

DISCLAIMER! if you want this to be a cheap college alternative this is not the class for you! this class is an intensive coding BOOT CAMP, there were nights I would go home and be so mentally exausted by the amout of learning and critical thinking that is involved. If you are expecting to be spoon fed you will waste your money and everyones time.

Friday, Aug 18 2017
    Thank you so much for your detailed review, Gatlin! We’re so glad that you had such a positive experience with this program. It’s wonderful to hear that this boot camp provided you with the opportunity to change your career path, just as you wanted.

We carefully select our instructors because we know that it’s important to have dedicated, supportive, and passionate real-world programmers guide our students during their boot camp journey. It can be challenging to learn so many concepts in an abbreviated time period, so we love that our team as a whole has provided you with the support you needed during the program.

It’s fantastic to hear that this course taught you coding languages that you now see working in the real-world web development industry, as well as the tools for becoming an adaptable professional. We design our curriculum with the latest market-based skills in mind, so that students exit the program with the knowledge needed to begin a career in web development, today.

Congratulations on receiving two job offers at your Demo Day! We’re thrilled that you received so many benefits from our career services, built an extensive portfolio, and formed valuable connections with instructors and peers from your cohort. Our team works hard everyday to help our students succeed in this program and beyond, so we love reading feedback like this.

As you mention, this program is not intended to replace a traditional college education. It is designed to provide specialized skills-based training for students to begin or advance a career in web development. You make an important point that students should expect to make a true effort, and dedicate time outside of the classroom to practicing and completing assignments. This is an important insight for future students to know.

Congratulations on completing this program, and on all of your success. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

• Edwin • Student

I attended this last year for one of the sessions at the Orlando campus. It was a horrible experience. They do a tremendous job marketing this as a life changing experience for those with little to no coding experience, but realistically it's a disaster if you have no previous coding experience.

I had signed for one of the courses that had classes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons along with Saturday morning with an instructor (Bob) and it was a fiasco. He has no previous teaching experience, so he's not a very good instructor. He knows how to code, but he doesn't know how to teach to code.

The TA's weren't that helpful, as there's a ton of students and there's only a handful of TA's (about 2-3 max per course).

The worst part is that they'll give you excercise and expect you to learn in 5 minutes before they continue along and if you get lost, then hey, you get lost. It doesn't matter to them as they already have your $8,000 (if you sign up early) or $9,500 if you sign up later.

There were people in class with previous coding backgrounds, so they knew a lot, so the instructor would pace the class around them, which as a mess for those of us without that much previous experience.

I got visibly frustrated a lot and one of the instructor (Bob) one day noticed and told me if I felt uncomfortable, to get up and go home if I wanted to as it was only going to get harder... Really?!?! That's the best advice you can give someone who's paid their hard earned money to attend this disaster?

I continually kept in contact with the organizer (Ricky Cuellar) as my reviews of the course continued being negative. Once I informed him I wouldn't be attending anymore, he just sent me the links to the YouTube videos with the excercises and I never heard back from them again, plus I couldn't get a refund as I had already stayed a month hoping I could catch along, but it was impossible the mess they had already made.

Overall, one of the worst experiences of my life. I totally regret handing over $9K of my hard earned money to these people. Avoid at all cost.

Friday, Jun 09 2017
    Hi Edwin,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We know how challenging it can be to learn a new skill and we take your feedback very seriously. We’re sorry that you felt frustrated during your experience with our program. As this is a boot camp, the curriculum is fast-paced and designed to cover multiple concepts in an abbreviated time period.

Many of our students do enter the program with no prior experience in programming, and this is why we provide in-depth pre-course assignments to help get students up to speed. In order to further assist students that are struggling with the coursework, instructors hold in-person and virtual office hours, and are also available via email, Slack, and phone. Our tutor network is also available for additional one-on-one help at no cost.

Throughout our courses, we analyze instructor performance and their levels of engagement in the classroom, providing feedback to help them develop into the best instructors they can be. We vet our instructors carefully, hiring practitioners with a minimum of five years of experience in the field in lieu of traditional professors in order to simulate real-life working environments.

We understand that instructors and students are not always a perfect match, but we do take any concerns raised very seriously. Our instructors work to facilitate a productive and collaborative environment for our students and are cognizant of their students’ progress throughout the course. We sincerely regret that you felt your instructor did not provide satisfactory support and understanding of your frustration. We never want any of our students to feel discouraged from continuing their work in our program and beyond.

After you expressed concerns about your instructor one month into the program, we did work to accommodate your request by switching you into another instructor’s class. We regret that you decided to stop attending classes a few weeks after making the switch. We last spoke on September 14 and we let you know that our team was available should you need anything else, and that still holds true.

We would love to discuss your experience further and would appreciate the opportunity to provide any support that we can at this time to help bolster your success moving forward. You can reach me directly at (407) 454 - 9823.
  • Randy S • Student

I was enrolled in the UCF coding bootcamp in February 2017. This is a terrible program. It was very unorganized. You can only get a refund in the first week of classes. They try to keep interested until then. The professor or instructor had no teaching experience. He missing three classes and the first absence did not tell anyone he was not coming. They had to have one of the TA's to teach the course for that day. This all happened in the first month of the course. They use PowerPoints from the previous year to teach the course. The PowerPoint will have the dates of the previous year and for $9500.00, you would think it would be a better experience. The classroom is always hot when we come in. They did not want to turn the AC on earlier to have the class cool when we get in. They said the classroom is expensive and the AC turns on the minute classes start. That is not what you want to hear after paying $9500.00.This course is strictly for beginners with no coding experience at all. The admission process tries to make it seem that admission is difficult or for people with code experience but it's not. I told the admission rep (Kenneth Yee) my coding experience. All he was interested was getting he into the program. When I was not enrolled, he would call me whenever I email him a question. I emailed him with my poor satisfaction and I never got a response. I'm a Computer Science student at FAU and I've already done took a Full-Stack with Udacity, but I did not finish it because I had some persobal issues. I told Kenneth this and it was hard to learn online, but he still did not advise me that I maybe too advance for the bootcamp. WhenI got all the stuff they tried to treach I learn already throung Udacity or through my Computer Sceince major. So, they had no interest in guiding me correctly just want to get student in. This program cost too much money. Udcaity is a lot less and was a better option and they give a refund of 50% if you complete the program UCF does not do anything. Please think about this for a very long time before chosing this coding bootcamp. It's too basic and the markert is there but $9500 it too much. If you want to email r2s112@hotmail.com, I give you my honest opinion. I'm not an advisor or work in the industry..etc, but I want to save people from making the same mistake I did with this program.

Response From: Chavon Rodriguez of UCF Boot Camps
    Wednesday, May 17 2017
    Hi Randy, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience.

Our program serves a mix of students ranging from those with zero coding experience to computer science students as well as graduates of other boot camps. For this reason, we begin by covering the basics, giving students a solid foundation upon which they will build throughout the program. We start slow and the intensity of our program ramps up to advanced topics very quickly. A key reason our students are successful is because we have a proven methodology for becoming a professional. Each lesson iteratively builds on the last, and there are no shortcuts to focusing on the basics at first.

During your one-on-one session on February 16 (week 2 of the program), we discussed your concerns over the curriculum and its pace. We explained this methodology and how the pace would ramp up quickly. You began classes with us on February 7 and your last day of attending class was March 2. Unfortunately, only experiencing the first four weeks of our 24-week program is not enough to see firsthand how rigorous and in-depth our program becomes once the fundamentals are covered—around week 6 and beyond.

In our March 2 discussion, we talked about the withdrawal and refund policy – noting that students would still be responsible for the remaining tuition and would continue to have access to GitHub, Slack, and the classroom as an “active non-participatory” student. On March 8, we spoke again and you confirmed that you were no longer going to attend and wanted to withdraw entirely.

While our program has an intensive vetting process and requires a minimum of five years’ experience in the field, we continue to monitor instructors to ensure that students are getting the best learning experience possible. We hire active practitioners in lieu of formal professors to best simulate real-life working environments. Still, we understand that not all instructors will meet our expectations or those of all students. In the case of your cohort, the instructor left the program and was replaced by a senior-level TA. Our chief curriculum engineer flew to your classroom to observe the replacement instructor on March 2 and validate that he was qualified and prepared. The feedback we received from the majority of the class was very positive throughout the rest of the program.

Finally, our curriculum is updated frequently to ensure that it is competitive and that we are covering the latest market demands in the region. However, minor errors can happen and some of the digital materials did show the previous year. We are confident that it did not impact the quality of our curriculum or its delivery to the students.

Our team takes feedback seriously and always uses it as a means for improvement. We sincerely wish you would have joined us throughout the duration of the program, allowing you to dive into the complex topics and experience the curriculum that we are immensely proud of. You are encouraged to contact me directly at (954) 900-6057 to discuss your experience further.