ucf-boot-camps-logo

UCF Boot Camps

Orlando, Orlando, Orlando, Orlando

UCF Boot Camps

UCF Boot Camps offer part-time and full-time web development courses, and part-time data analytics, digital marketing, and UX/UI courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UCF Boot Camps are designed for students and professionals or those who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to learn a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCF Division of Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, or digital marketing.

UCF Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UCF Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.58

all (58) reviews for UCF Boot Camps →

Recent UCF Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about UCF Boot Camps →
  • Data Analytics and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationOrlando
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Payment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationOrlando
    UCF Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, Node.js, Git, MySQL, React.js
    LocationOrlando
    UCF Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationOrlando
    UCF Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationOrlando
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UCF Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UCF Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Analytics and Visualization - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • All courses in Orlando
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • All courses in Orlando
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Orlando)
  • Glen Turner  User Photo
    Glen Turner • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Coming from someone who didn't have any tech experience prior to the course, I would recommend this program to those who are passionate about the industry and willing to work hard to achieve their goals. I will say the curriculum certainly demands your full attention if you are new to the tech environment. I worked countless hours to grasp particular concepts and absolutely exceeded my own expectations in reference to my capabilities and what I anticipated the course to provide. My particular instructor was extremely knowledable and dedicated to our cohorts learning process. I had guidance when I needed it and was able to teach myself how to learn without having to approach others to help me with a solution. At my demo day at the end of the course I prepared my best and recieved plenty of attention from the employers who attended which precipitated into several interviews. Career services was also able to line up an interview for me which lead to an internship right when the course ended. Overall this was one of the best experiences I've had in my lifetime and I've also made some lifelong friends in the process. Thank you UCF Coding Bootcamp for jump starting my new career!

Wednesday, Sep 13 2017
    Congratulations on your internship, Glen! We love hearing that this course exceeded your expectations, and that you have made lasting connections through our program. You are correct, this course does require both time and significant effort if a student wishes to get the most out of the boot camp experience. This is an excellent insight for future students.

We’re passionate about enabling student success, so it makes us incredibly proud to hear that your instructor and career services team were so dedicated to supporting you during your journey. It’s fantastic that you are already making strides in your career. We’re wishing you continued success in your future endeavors.
  • Sakina Shivji  User Photo
    Sakina Shivji • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from the first full-time course at the UCF Coding Bootcamp, and it was the best decision of my life. Everyone says you get out of it what you put in, and that couldn't be more true. This course is designed for people like me who came in with no experience, all the way up to computer science graduates. It teaches you the fundamentals that you need to become a web developer, and it gives you the resources and skills you need to keep learning.

Being the first full-time cohort had its cons, the holidays we had took us a little off course, and so did group projects. But the instructional staff didn’t let that hold them back. They constantly did their best to make sure we learned everything we needed to, and took all of our feedback. They took weekly reviews on BootcampSpot seriously, and made changes that made sure everyone got the most out of this experience.

The best part of this bootcamp was definitely the instructional staff. I had what I call the "dream team" aka Bob, Josh, Justin, and Ricky. They genuinely cared about each one of us. Josh would to stay after and help us out, whether it was going back over fundamentals, or going over homework solutions. Justin is an amazing example of a hard worker. He graduated the bootcamp right before mine, and you could tell how much he loved coding. He’s a Javascript and git master, which was super helpful to have. Bob was the best instructor I could’ve got. Going through an intense bootcamp like this, it was so refreshing to have someone like him not only teach us, but be supportive and care. Learning new coding languages is hard, but his teaching style is the best Ive ever experienced. Him and his humor truly made my bootcamp experience.

Another amazing part of the bootcamp was Central Support. In the full-time bootcamp, we got 2 tutoring sessions a week. Jared was an amazing tutor, and having that extra support was incredible. Central Support also gives you the opportunity to become a tutor, which I did a few days after I graduated! The opportunities you get with this bootcamp are second to none!

I got an offer letter to join a company 2 weeks after I graduated, and am so grateful to everyone that helped me make this happen. I would definitely do it again!

Tuesday, Sep 05 2017
    Hi Sakina,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a detailed review, it was a pleasure to have you in our program! We’re thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience with this course  It’s our goal to provide a comprehensive skills-based educational experience to all of our students, so we love to read that our program is helpful to beginners as well as those with experience. We take student feedback seriously, because we know that it is key to providing our students with an education in web development that they can use in the real-world job market, today.

We’re glad that our team was able to provide your class with extra support, and adjust according to student feedback in order to stay on track in spite of the holiday schedule. It makes us proud of our team to hear that they are demonstrating their strong commitment to student success by going above and beyond for our students. We know that our instructors, TAs, and support team members all work hard to help equip our students for success, and feedback like this makes it all worthwhile.

Congratulations on receiving an offer of employment only 2 weeks after graduating! That is incredible, and we hope you're proud of all of your success in the program, and beyond. We wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future endeavors.

• Jeff Brown  User Photo
    Jeff Brown • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As a recent graduate, I'm very pleased and confident I've acquired marketable skills. I'm currently working with my career counselor who is helping me connect with recruiters and potential employers. My pre-class expectations were threefold: 1) to be presented with a curriculum that would teach me how to code a web server to deliver interactive content; 2) to access professional developers as instructors who could teach coding, troubleshoot code, and describe real-world professional web development practices and experience; and 3) to leverage tuition financing and career services through the UCF organization. The experience exceeded my expectations on all counts. For my final project, using a CRNA skeleton, I deployed a MERN stack web application that includes browser and mobile (native) elements. The course starts with web fundamentals, so it's conceivable a student could begin with zero prior experience, but I had some non-professional programming experience and found it quite challenging. It was like having a second full time job. To maximize success, you must read documentation and write code every day from day one, and ask for help when you need it. Was it perfect? Nothing is, but the product is as described, and the people were responsive to any issues that arose. The classroom staff -- instructors, TA's, success manager and career counselor -- all very accessible and clearly worked hard to deliver a quality product. Upper level managers visited classes fairly frequently. Again, I'm very pleased with my decision to enroll.

Monday, Aug 14 2017
    Congratulations on completing the program, Jeff. We’re pleased to hear that you learned so much, and that the program surpassed your expectations. We’re also very excited that you’re taking full advantage of our career services!

We really appreciate your feedback, as these insights are helpful to future students. As you mention, students should anticipate spending time outside of class on assignments, practice, and review, to get the most out of this course. We know it can be hard to complete this program while employed full time, so we strive to provide student support in the form of tutoring, office hours, a dedicated slack channel, and more.

The student experience is our top priority, so it’s wonderful that your instructors, TAs, student success manager, and career director provided you with the support you needed during your journey. We can’t wait to see what you’ll do with the skills gained in this course, and we’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.

- 6/22/2017
    Jacob Clark  User Photo
    Jacob Clark • Jr. PHP Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I entered the UCF Coding Bootcamp with what I would say a beginner to intermediate level of coding experience focusing around languages of C/C++/Java and a hint HTML/CSS. I stumbled on the course advertisement online while looking for resources to learn/teach myself JavaScript at home. After some research on Coding Boot camps in general, I decided to go make the leap and apply to UCFs Bootcamp. Upon applying I was given a brief questionnaire that tested problem solving and linear thinking abilities along with a phone interview that covered personality and background and some general questions on why I was interested in attending. I like that the camp took the time to interview and sort their applicants to make sure they were taking in people in they wanted.

This reflected in class well as fellow class mates came from all types of professional backgrounds and reasons to be attending. But all shared a drive to be there and seemed genuinely interested in becoming a full stack web developer, either it be for a total career change or just general interest and to expand their current skillset. The camp is organized to force collaboration threw slack chats and in the classroom. This was honestly tough for a shy person like myself but goes with the culture they create and you fall into it willing or not, but most definitely for the better.

The pace of the course is relatively fast but will ebb and flow based on how the class is absorbing the content, allowing classmates that are confused on a topic to get help from classmates or TA’s around them that are getting the concepts. This cycles threw out the course and a reason to be social and connect/help others and creates the group learning environment. I attended the Orlando West Valencia Campus and had what I thought to be an amazing Instructor and Ta’s. If you sign up for this course I advise you to take it with Bob, Dwight or John. Bob was my instructor for this I could not have been happier with him or the TA’s Dwight and John. Whom were not only great personalities to have in the class but where always willing to help out and knew their stuff.

The course encourages group work on the weekly assignments given to help grasp the content. The course has 2 main group projects, of which our group stayed together for each and was really enjoyable, but you are free to shuffle groups as you please, within a max group size constraint. For projects, you are given a list of technologies you must use and are free to decide on what to create as a team and then present them in a combined two class meeting on Saturdays. This makes the projects great and there were some amazing ideas/apps that came from both classes and allowed us to use what we just learned the 2-3 weeks prior to create something of our own and not just crank out “homework” assignments. The group project aspect was probably my favorite feature of the camp.

There is a big final project which leads to the end of the course and “Demo Day”. This project can be done in a group or alone. Most chose to take on this project alone as presenting on Demo Day is a great opportunity the camp creates in which you present your final project to prospecting employers or other tech industry professionals and can lead to some great connections and job opportunities. Our demo day I think had about 94 attending employers.

Post-graduation support was great. You are assigned a career advisor to help you land a job. Zach, who was mine, literally handed me I think 2 interviews of which I did absolutely nothing for, all I did was set the time to go in. The continued support and feedback you get from their advisory team is invaluable in my eyes.

I was offered and accepted a job for a local company here in Orlando who is not in the camps network and have been happily titled a "Jr. PHP Developer" for a couple weeks now and using the full stack day to day.  I am also doing contract work for a company here in Orlando the camp put me in direct connection with. I cannot thank the UCF Coding Bootcamp and staff enough for their help and support for making a dream of mine come true.

Tldr: Took the camp,was a blast, learned a lot, you get out what you put into it, this isn’t the matrix you cannot just plug in and 5 minutes later you are Fully Stacked, Bobs the man, TA's where awesome, landed a job, happy with my investment, 10/10 would do it again.

Friday, Jun 23 2017
    Congratulations on accepting your first position as a Jr. PHP Developer, Jacob!  We hope you're proud of all of the hard work you put into the program, and we're excited to hear that you're already jumping into your new career.

We constantly review and update our processes to ensure that we are offering our students a streamlined and first-rate educational experience, from admissions to graduation.  Hearing feedback like this makes all of our efforts worthwhile!  You've mentioned some of the most important aspects of this program for future students to know.  The group projects and collaborative atmosphere expose students to the type of environment that they can expect in a new career as a web developer, and we're constantly updating our curriculum to ensure that students are learning the most relevant market skills.

It is fantastic to hear that our instructors and TAs are providing our students with the support they need to firmly grasp the course material, and that our Career Services team is succeeding in helping our students navigate today's complicated job market.  We really appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck moving forward!
  • Ali Zaidi  User Photo
    Ali Zaidi • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Prior to enrolling in the UCF Web Dev Boot Camp, I had read a couple of reviews here on Course Report that helped me with the decision to sign up. Now that I’ve completed the course, here are my thoughts.

I was in the September 2016 cohort that finished up a couple of months ago. The program is 24 weeks of instruction, but mine took longer chronologically because of winter break and a few other holidays in the middle. My particular class met Mon/Wed 6:30-9:30pm, then we joined up with a concurrently running cohort for a combined Sat 10am-2pm session. A new topic was introduced weekly that we would slowly build on over the course of the 3 classes. The instructor would lecture for a while, then we would be given activities to complete to reinforce the learning. There was also a weekly major homework assignment, with the idea being to use it to build out our portfolio. In addition there were also three major projects along the way in which we had freedom to come up with an idea, plan it out, execute it, then finally present it formally - all to practice what we might face in our future careers.

For anyone thinking about signing up, I would say make absolutely sure you’re willing to put in some hard work, and some long hours. They tell you that you should plan to put in 15-20 hours outside of class, and I would say that’s more like a minimum. I found I was often putting in closer to 20-30 hours between going over class material, re-doing class activities, completing homework, researching more deeply, and so on. The pace is also relentless. You can’t ease up because if you decide to mentally check out for a week, it’s extremely difficult to catch up again. However, life happens, people get sick, etc., so they tried to account for that by recording the class lectures and offering 1-on-1 sessions with the instructors to get caught up again.

The instructor we started with, Sean, was excellent. He really knew how to break down difficult concepts, and despite clearly being very knowledgeable and experienced, was able to speak at the level of those of us with no prior experience. Half way through the course we had a change of instructors which was a bit disruptive, but the new instructor, Bob, was also excellent. The other person I want to really give kudos to was the student success manager, Ricky, who was beyond awesome. He was always there to help out anytime any issues came up, whether personal, or class related. There were also a couple of TAs around in each class, and they were always ready to help too as needed.

The one place where the program did trip up was when it came to Career Services. We were told there would be many speakers from the industry who would be brought in to talk, that we’d be introduced to employer partners, that we would go on tours to potential employers, that there would be personalized coaching for facing interviews later, etc. The person in charge of career services for our cohort got promoted to a different position soon after we began, and they never had a proper replacement through the running of the boot camp. For this reason, while we did get some cursory help, it wasn’t quite what was promised. (I know this was unique to my cohort because I’m now working as a part time teaching assistant in the subsequent cohort, and can see they’re getting far superior career guidance already.) However, after course completion, they do have another career services division that takes over, and I’m now working with them to find a good position. They’ve helped fine tune my LinkedIn profile, clean up my GitHub repositories, critiqued my portfolio site, and more. As with the class work, for this career work phase I still have to put in my efforts too by reviewing job listings, applying, going to meetups to network, etc.

Overall, my experience was a good one. If I had to do it over, yes, I would still sign up. As others have said in their reviews, you get out of it what you put into it. They provide you the tools, and the instruction, and the support, but you have to do the work. If you’re willing to, I see no reason why anyone can’t be successful.

Friday, Jun 09 2017
    Hi Ali,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and congratulations on graduating! You’re right that this is a challenging program that requires many hours of study and practice outside of the classroom. We know it takes real commitment to balance life and the intensive pace of the program, so we’re proud of all the hard work you’ve done!

In order to assist students who are struggling with the coursework, our instructors and TAs are always available during class and through various channels like in-person and virtual office hours, email, Slack, and phone, to provide extra support in any way they can. It’s wonderful to hear that you found the instructional and student success teams to be skilled and helpful! We think they are pretty great, too.

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our career services team during the course did not meet your expectations due to the promotion of your original career director. After his promotion, the career director did step back in to give additional assistance along with the CD from another campus, providing six guest speakers, two online career coaching sessions, three in-class sessions, and one company tour.

We are happy that you had a better experience with the post-graduation career services and hope that you are now receiving all of the support you need to bolster your success. If there is anything else we can help you with to this end, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (407) 454-9823.
  • Michael Mulchrone  User Photo
    Michael Mulchrone • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came into this program with some self taught web development experience and was making some decent headway going that route. I had always been skeptical of programming bootcamps, this place changed my mind. If you asked me 6 months ago if I could build what I am able to build now, I would have told you are crazy.

You will get out what you put into this course, I definietly had alot more time than other students in my class, but the staff was extermely accommodating to that fact even when I asked questions on topics we hadn't covered it.

If your brand new to web development or someone looking to improve their skills and hesitating signing up for this course, my suggestion to you is ask yourself, are you willing to put in the time? If so, sign up!

Friday, Apr 07 2017
    Way to go, Michael! Getting to see students grow throughout the course and go on to learn more than they ever thought possible is why we do what we do. You are so right that you’ll only get out what you put in—our team is there to support you along the way, but this is a fast paced, demanding program that takes long hours and dedication. Congratulations on all your hard work! You should be very proud of your accomplishment. We wish you great success going forward.
  • Keely Lumbra  User Photo
    Keely Lumbra • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I started the UCF Coding Bootcamp with little to no prior coding experience. The application process is a little intimidating. It's not just "you can pay, you're in". You have to go through a phone interview where they assess your cognitive skills. You also take an assessment online.

Each class has 30 students with 1 teacher and 2 TAs. You meet two days a week (either Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday) and you also have a Saturday morning class in which you join another 30 student class. Since you are spending 3 days a week with your classmates, you very quickly become family.

The Bootcamp encourages tight knit relationships - providing your class with a slack channel, requiring two group projects, and giving you some of the coolest TAs to bounce ideas off of and receive feedback from.

As far as the teachers go, each teacher has their own teaching style, with everyone following the same lesson plan, class activities, and homework assignments. Whats awesome about the boot camp is they film the classes from both MW and Tu/Th, so if you find you arent understanding something, you can easily watch the same lesson again, taught by a different person.

Overall, other than coding - the Boot Camp emphasizes the lifestyle of a coder. We got to take field trips to technology companies and see what their day to day was like. Most Saturdays we had guest speakers - most of them being influential people in the Orlando Tech Industry, who might potentially be future employers. We were encouraged to go to MeetUps, do Google Hangouts, and put ourselves into the job market.

As far as finding a job, the Boot Camp helps you with your resume, linkedIn profile, GitHub Repo, and portfolio. As a part of your graduation, they host a Demo Day, where you show off a final project of your choice to potential employers.

Upon finishing, they help get you job interviews with their employer partners, in exchange for applying to at least 10 jobs a week. Before I graduated, I was already offered 2 freelance positions, and look forward to seeing where the future takes me!

If you are considering a Full Stack Web Development course, and want to be surrounded by serious, like-minded people who care about your goals and career path, definitely do this boot camp!

Monday, Jan 16 2017
    You rock, Keely! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It’s so helpful for future students to hear what they can expect and how they can succeed directly from our graduates. We’re so proud of all the hard work and dedication you’ve put into the program, and it shows through the success you’ve had already. Congratulations on graduating! We’re rooting you on as you go forward and know that you will do great things.
  • Rachel LaQuea • Student
    This was a full stack web development track with an emphasis on front end Javascript.  The course included several technologies & concepts such as HTML/CSS, JQuery, MERN, GraphQL, SQL, Object oriented programming, model view controller, progressive web applications, Object–relational mapping & React.  Since recently graduating, I've begun the process of reviewing all of the information covered in the last 3 months and I am in awe of just how much there was and still is to learn!

I would highly recommend this course, but if I had to do it over again and had more time, I may have chosen to complete the part time track instead of full time.  It's impossible to absorb everything in such a short amount of time, but the exposure to high level projects was an incredible experience anyway.  There were definitely challenges though, much of which was because our cohort was completely remote.  I thrive with social interaction, and it was more challenging for me to communicate and ask for help while we were virtual.  While this was not the university's burden, it was a huge added challenge for me personally.  As far as the curriculum, I would have preferred instead of using the technology, Handlebars.js, that we were given extra time with React.  This was something that I struggled with, and finding out that it's not often used in the field was disappointing because I worked hard to try to understand how to use it.  Also, this is of course a challenge with the time constraints, but I would have also benefited from a more in-depth introduction to logical & programmatic thinking.  These skills were developed along the way, but I could have used a stronger foundation in the beginning of the course.

Next, I would like to commend my instructor, John Dinsmore, my TA, Dan Rosenbaum, student success manager, Gemini Sanford, & my tutor, Robby Kurle.  John provided a fun and interesting way for us to learn, keeping things lighthearted and engaging, while teaching tough and in-depth material.  Dan was very approachable and always available for help, questions and always with a kind demeanor, which helped me to feel comfortable and supported.  Gemini was very responsive with any questions and concerns I had, and responded with positivity, even if I had issues that needed to be addressed.  Finally, without Robby's help I would have struggled tremendously in the course.  He went above and beyond to help me when I was stressed out and trying to understand high-level concepts and finish assignments and kept me laughing during every session.

For students seriously considering a career in programming and/or web development, with the time to commit to it and who are willing to put in a ton of hard work, they will not be disappointed.  I grew tremendously through this process and completed projects and gained knowledge I never thought possible.
    Friday, Sep 17 2021
    We appreciate your review, Rachel! We're glad to hear you benefited from the course material and learned a wide range of new technologies. It's our goal to provide a beneficial learning experience for all of our students and we are constantly optimizing our curriculum in order to best prepare individuals for the challenging nature of the program so we appreciate your input.

Like you noted, our classes are now conducted online for the health and safety of all learners. This transition does require some adjustments and understand that not all virtual teaching styles will resonate with every individual. Our priority has always been to enable student success both inside and outside of the classroom and feedback like yours helps us do just that.

Our entire boot camp team is truly passionate about what they do so we're truly glad this resonated with you and couldn't agree more that John, Dan, Gemini, and Robby are all fantastic.

Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best moving forward!
  • Curtis • Student
    This course has been one of the most challenging and life changing experiences I've had. The challenge: in order to get the most out of this boot camp, you must be willing to put in an immense amount of time and effort. Learning these new concepts requires that you push through frustration, distraction, and doubt while continuing to make tiny improvements that add up over time. The reward: when you finally start to understand a concept, there is no better feeling in the world. Once you write a bit of code using logic you didn't understand a week ago and it works, there is a flood of blissful elation that washes over you. Not to mention the possibility of gaining a lifelong career with endless growth potential and the ability to work remotely.
    Tuesday, Jun 16 2020
    Way to go, Curtis! It's great to hear you had such a life-changing boot camp experience. Great advice for prospective candidates — in order to truly succeed in the program you must be willing to dedicate extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom. As such, we commend all your hard work and commitment. We appreciate your review and wish you all the success moving forward!
  • Wadih Ojeil • Graduate
    When I joined the boot camp I had no background in coding What So Ever ! I decided it was time for a career change. My brother  kept pushing me to look into coding boot camps. While I was researching, I saw UCF had their own boot camp partnered with Trilogy. I then got this gut feeling that this is the one for me. I put my trust in UCF in the past for my Bachelor's Degree and it paid off pretty well.
     Day 1, I started class with minor knowledge due to the 40/hr pre-work that I had to complete prior to beginning this long journey. I invested lots of money and had some doubts..."three months?" Here I am today looking back and laughing about how I felt with no regrets what so ever. I was blessed to have an amazing support staff. My instructor John was super fun while he was teaching. He made the courses applicable and easy to learn. Jorge, my TA was just as amazing. He put all his time assisting us and prepping projects for us before during and even after classes with John. The career services team did not leave us and swarmed us with workshops and resources to help us reach success post graduation. The most important chess piece is YOU. If you dedicate your time and prioritize the boot camp over everything, you will succeed! Complete your assignments, utilize all the resources that they offer and DON'T give up!
    You will get back in knowledge and experience what you <input/>.  This Boot Camp changed my whole course in life. I am proud to say I am a Full Stack Web Developer. We have been trained to learn how to learn knew Technologies. My horizon in this field is limitless and I can handle my own like a pro!

Thank You UCF!
    Thank You Trilogy!
    Jodi, John, Jorge and Tameka you are the best ! I can not express how thankful I am!

Monday, Jun 08 2020
    Amazing, Wadih! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to learn the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We're happy to hear you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our entire team.

We're truly passionate about what we do, so we're thrilled this resonated with you. We also have to agree that Jodi, John, Jorge, and Tameka are all pretty fantastic. Great advice for prospective candidates — if you dedicate your time and utilize all the available resources, you can definitely excel in the course.

Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck as you embark on a new journey.
  • Samantha Denis • Student
    I came into this coding boot camp with no prior tech experience but some freeCodeCamp I did prior to registering for the course. It is a very fast-paced, rigorous course and something I will definitely say is, have a solid foundation in vanilla JavaScript before even stepping foot in this program. Seriously, if you don’t know JavaScript then you will struggle the entire course. I recommend going through the freeCodeCamp JavaScript modules, as well as the paid course by Wes Bos that focuses on JavaScript fundamentals. Every other language you learn after JavaScript will be building upon/very similar in concept to it. If you do that, you’re good to go. It’s also extremely easy to fall behind in the course if you have a lot going on outside of class- me personally, I was dealing with a lot of things in my personal life that hindered my ability to focus during class. Make sure you take care of those things and place your energy on what is most important, which is your ability to master the curriculum and graduate. Also, reach out for help with homeworks from your TA’s and instructor; they will be more than happy to run you through what you need to do. They won’t do the coding for you, but they will guide you in the right direction. Take advantage of office hours and Slack messaging! And if you feel like you are falling behind in the course and certain topics are difficult to conquer, reach out to your instructional staff. They are only there to help you, that’s what they’re getting paid to do. You are never a burden, and if they see you are serious, they will go the extra mile to help you. I had Evan Klemen as my teacher, he was awesome and I’d recommend him. Also, Jennifer Ross helped me so much to break down concepts that didn’t make sense to me. Thank you! I will be graduating in June, but I wanted to go ahead and write my review, as I felt it will be helpful for anyone who is interested in making the switch to coding. I dropped out of college for this boot camp, I’ve always loved tech and I thought being a woman in tech would be an awesome achievement. I’m planning on freelancing after graduation and continuing to build my portfolio. When I feel ready, I will begin to apply for full-time work. I hope this review helps someone who is on the verge of signing up for this program! Just know your JavaScript, reduce distractions, invest time in practicing coding, reach out when you need help, and the rest will fall into place. Coding is such a useful skill that many individuals do not know how to execute, so they hire people who are logical and creative to get the job done for them. You got this! Believe in yourself, and before you know it, you’ll be a graduate, too! Also, shoutout to my brother Dimitri Denis who is in the Orlando area and graduated from UCF with his bachelor’s degree in digital media and interactive systems- he has a few friends who took the course as well and said it was great, so that’s how I discovered this program. You won’t regret it if you do your part regarding coding, coding and coding.
    Monday, Jun 01 2020
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Samantha! We're thrilled you felt challenged and successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development.

Like you mentioned, this program will require extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom to master the concepts covered. We appreciate your advice to prospective students and completely agree that reducing distractions, constantly practicing, and reaching out to the instructional team will definitely help you excel.

Congratulations on graduating, we commend all your hard work! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Ed C • Student

I was looking to make a career change and had thought about boot camps for the past several year. I didn’t have a coding background but was interested in it. Before deciding to enroll in UCF’s Web Development boot camp, I read a lot of opinions online about whether a boot camp was worth the money or is it better to study on your own. I’d had a friend who did the same program in Washington, DC, who enjoyed i. For me, having a solid structure, a quality instructor and TAs, classmates and constant assignments and projects made the boot camp the best option.

I did the full-time (12-week) course because I wanted to focus solely on learning web development and get into my new career field as soon as possible. It was incredibly fast-paced and several times I thought I wasn’t going to be able to learn it well enough, but it’s really neat to look back a few months later and see all that I accomplished. You have to give it everything you have, but if you do, you will learn a ton and leave the program with quality projects that will help you land interviews and secure your first job. But again, you have to work for it.

The curriculum was excellent, but more than that for me was the support of my instructor, TAs and classmates. If I was learning this on my own, I wouldn’t have made it. John, my instructor, was not only really knowledgeable about the material, but he was a great motivator. He’d often give us pep talks to keep going, that things would eventually click if we just kept working hard. Those pep talks kept me hopeful and moving forward when I was frustrated or discouraged. I had decided he was the expert, and I had to trust him. I’m so glad I did. Even after the class, John has been a great resource to talk to about job offers, etc.

The TAs were really knowledgeable and did a great job of giving you a boost when you were truly stuck but not just giving you answers - they made you work for it. And it helps to have classmates where you’re all in the battle together and you can commiserate when it’s rough and celebrate when you have success.

The career services was helpful initially as far as getting your resume, LinkedIn ready for applying to jobs. My initial career services contact seemed disinterested, and my first phone conversation felt like a waste of time. She moved on, however, and her replacement Deanna was excellent. I actually was not going to worry about doing anything with career services once I finished the course, but Deanna reached out to me a few times, and we ended up checking in every two weeks during my job hunt. It was helpful to talk with someone about the career steps I’d taken the past two weeks and be reassured that I was doing the right things and would eventually find the right position.

Within a week of completing the boot camp, I had received a job offer in web development but decided I wanted a culture that was a better fit and kept looking. It took another two months of diligent job searching, but I eventually was offered an entry level position that is a great fit for me. This is after having no coding experience six months prior.

I highly recommend the boot camp but just know it’s going to be a lot of work and you’re going to have to sacrifice a lot to learn enough to get that first job. It’s not easy, but it’s definitely worth it.

Friday, Apr 19 2019
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Ed! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and felt supported by your classmates and our entire boot camp team. We also think John and Deanna are amazing. We appreciate the advice you shared with prospective students—it's not easy, but it’s definitely worth it. Congratulations on graduating and starting an exciting new role! We are cheering you on in all your coding endeavors.