ucf-boot-camps-logo

UCF Boot Camps

Orlando, Orlando, Orlando, Orlando

UCF Boot Camps

UCF Boot Camps offer part-time and full-time web development courses, and part-time data analytics, digital marketing, and UX/UI courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UCF Boot Camps are designed for students and professionals or those who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to learn a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCF Division of Continuing Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, or digital marketing.

UCF Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UCF Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.58

all (58) reviews for UCF Boot Camps →

Recent UCF Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about UCF Boot Camps →
  • Data Analytics and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationOrlando
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Payment plans available
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationOrlando
    UCF Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, Node.js, Git, MySQL, React.js
    LocationOrlando
    UCF Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationOrlando
    UCF Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationOrlando
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available

• $500 UCF Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UCF Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Analytics and Visualization - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • All courses in Orlando
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • All courses in Orlando
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Orlando)
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Orlando)
  • Casey Rowlands  User Photo
    Casey Rowlands • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Originally, I was a little skeptical when i signed up for this bootcamp. I'd been reading reviews and researching online to find out what exactly I would gain from this program, and there seemed to be a 50/50 split between those who said it help and those who felt it was a waste. People told me that I would be about to teach myself everything that i would learn in the program, and at little to no cost when compared to the tuition that I would have to pay to attend (I can promise that is not the case). Since you're reading this review, you can tell i obviously went through with the program (the full-time cohort), and i can confidently say that it was the best decision i've ever made. The amount of material that was covered was astounding, and the help that you were able to receive from the staff if you were stuck was second to none. They refused to allow you to quit or fall behind because despite what other people had wrote, they want to see you succeed more than anyone else. That being said, you still need to work your butt off and it is still one of the most challenging things you will ever do. In the end though, it makes you realize just how much you are capable of if you take the time to really dedicate yourself.

John Dinsmore was the instructor for my cohort, and is one of the most capable and competent individuals i've ever met in the software development field. His knowledge of Full-Stack Development and Web Development is so extensive, its hard to image how one person could know so much. He also has had so many experiences in so many different fields that he can pretty comfortably talk about just about anything with confidents. He showed up every day with a smile ready to tackle whatever the subject was that day, and easily handled any problems we threw his at him. He never quit or gave up once he started on an issue, and always saw it through until the end.

Dan Rosenbaum was out TA for the class and was one of the best resources that we had at our disposal. He pushed us when we thought we were never going to succeed and kept us going when we became frustrated with a topic. He made sure that we stuck with it and that we believed in ourselves as much as him and John believed in us. He made sure that we knew that with practice and dedication we would make it through and could become awesome developers.  Dan was a big part of my success in this course, and i cant say enough how lucky we were to have him with us during that time.

Gemini Sanford was our SSM (Student Success Manager) during this time, and she was constantly checking in on us to make sure that we were doing well and had all the tools we needed to succeed. She was available day and night, and never turned away a student who needed help. She cheered us on every week, and put us in contact with individuals to help us grow as we went through the program. She truly loves her job and is a huge asset for this program.

The last thing i will say is this program is a huge time commitment and the full-time program should not be taken if you intend to also work while doing it, so take the 6-month program if that is what you want. The program is not for those looking for an easy track to big money and YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN. You are given everything you need to succeed, but it is up to you to use it. You CAN NOT slack off and you need to put in the work. You NEED to make connections and you NEED to be there for the right reasons. If you go in half hearted then things will not end well. My experience was great because i knew this is what i wanted to do and i was surrounded by awesome individuals. I went in telling myself i would succeed.
    Monday, Oct 04 2021
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Casey! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire team — we couldn't agree more that John, Dan, and Gemini are all pretty fantastic. We are truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you. You're completely right that you get out what you put into the program so future learners definitely need to put in the time and work. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you will go on to do incredible things with your new skillset.
  • UX/UI Bootcamp
    - 2/16/2021
    Amie Moreno  User Photo
    Amie Moreno • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went into this bootcamp with little to zero prior knowledge on UX/UI design. This bootcamp gave me the tools, resources, and support to be career ready as a professional UX/UI designer. The teachers were incredibly knowledgeable, patient, and compelling! This course was worth every penny and I cannot recommend it enough.
    Friday, Feb 26 2021
    Way to go, Amie! It's great to hear the boot camp provided you with the necessary tools, resources, and support to pursue your interest in the UX/UI field. We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Sara Layton  User Photo
    Sara Layton • Business Owner • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    We run a multi-million dollar business and struggle with social media marketing. We were considering hiring a social media manager but came across an ad for the Digital Marketing Boot Camp and jumped on it. We are at the halfway point of the class and haven't even begun the Social Media unit, but I have already learned so much and have applied what I have learned. My favorite aspect so far has been learning how SEO works and Google Analytics. It really helped me understand the improvements we need to make to our website.

My advice for anyone looking to take this class would be to be dedicated to the program. The boot camp style is fast and packed with information so you will need to spend time outside of class working on homework and projects. Try to be present for office hours so you can review subjects you need more help with. There is tutoring available if you need more help. Be present and interact during class. This program is a great jumping spot to you your feet in the digital marketing world.

Thursday, Jan 07 2021
    Amazing, Sara! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying the program and benefiting from the curriculum. Great advice for prospective students—this is a fast-paced and challenging course, so being dedicated to your studies and taking advantage of all the available resources, like office hours, will definitely help you succeed. Congratulations on reaching the midway point, we are rooting you on towards graduation!
  • A Worthy Investment
    - 11/16/2019
    Alison Kelly  User Photo
    Alison Kelly • Full-Circle Recruiter • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's a hard 6 months, but I would have regretted staying where I had been before I took this course. As a mother of a 4 1/2 year old and a wife I didn't think I could balance taking this class and my other obligations. However, I'm proud to have done this program for myself and for my family's future!
    Monday, Nov 18 2019
    Way to go, Alison! It takes hard work to balance the course material so we're happy to hear that you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Kunal  User Photo
    Kunal • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I signed up for the first part-time Data bootcamp in September 2018. I think this was the best opportunity for me, as I prefer in-class to online learning. It was a great learning experience and we had a good group of students for group project. We had different strengths and helped us work well as a team.

Sondra as an instructor was engaging and friendly and helpful. The skills learnt eventually helped me to make the career switch I wanted. It was hard work as I stayed up for late nights for projects. It was all worth it at the end. All the TA's and career services were also helpful, and I hope the job market improves in the Orlando area but things seem to be looking up.

I think this is great for people in colleges to learn job-relevant skills and also for people like me who needed some different skills to switch role to my interest. I would highly recommend this Bootcamp to people looking for courses in this area.

Monday, Nov 18 2019
    Amazing, Kunal! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the in-person structure of the program and successfully collaborated with other classmates on group projects. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Brendan Lynn  User Photo
    Brendan Lynn • Student Verified via GitHub

This is a review on the online "Coding Bootcamp" from UCF. It really should be called "Web Development Bootcamp." It says "Web Development" on their website https://bootcamp.ce.ucf.edu/coding/ but I did not see this page when signing up for the class. This program was a referral to me from a family member and I talked with a recruiter for the class over the phone. I told her what I was looking for (mostly interested in C++ or other low-level programming) but she did not make it clear that it was a web development program. After a little over a month with the six-month program and realizing the direction of it, I wrote a dissatisifed email to the program director asking to be removed with a refund and was told I was not within the 2-week cancellation period so nothing could be done for a refund. I dropped the course still and tried to salvage my investment by speaking with the Career Director to see if I could use their Career Services (helping you set up self-marketing and networking to find work) for IT in general and was told "as a matter of policy, I am unable to work with students who do not complete the program." This was a complete waste of $10,000 which is especially crippling when I am still trying to even start a career.

As for the content of the course, it explains the basics of programming very nicely in the first several lessons where you are given coding challenges to try to solve basic and intermediate mathematical and logical problems within the Ruby language. After that, though, is the HTML section which is horrendously short for what is supposed to be a web development course. The HTML lessons are very rushed to get you into the Ruby on Rails section which is a large portion of the course. You start frequently seeing in the lessons "how this works isn't important" or "this will be explained later" ("later" often being a synonym for "never") which is honestly fine for teaching practices in very subtle moderation but when so much explaination of how Ruby on Rails and HTML works is skipped over and rushed to get you to the end of the class that it becomes so difficult to follow. I found myself looking up my own tutorials online and just clicking the next within the bootcamp website beacause the teaching material just was not there. I did not get far enough into the course to see how teaching Javascript was handled but it's good to see that it's included because Ruby on Rails is a very niche and not widely used framework whereas Javascript is a useful skill in many, many more jobs.

If you are looking to start in web development and make web pages this may be a good choice for you. Personally it's not what I wanted to do. The main reason for the low review is that the bootcamp staff seems to care more about taking your money and keeping it than they are concerned about helping you start a career. Now I have a $10,000 student debt and no job to pay it off. For this reason I will never recommend UCF's programs to anyone.

Monday, Sep 23 2019
    Thanks for sharing your experience, Brendan. We're happy that you enjoyed the initial content of the course but understand that the full curriculum was not what you expected.

Our program is referred to as a full-stack coding/web development boot camp across our web presence, as well as throughout the admissions process in order to best ensure that students are aware of what will be covered. While we do start with coding fundamentals like HTML and CSS, the goal of the curriculum is to cover a wide range of front-end and back-end technologies to teach students the necessary skills for full-stack web development in a short span of time.

Like you mentioned, the HTML module is fast-paced and designed to provide a foundation before moving learners through the more complex programming languages and tools like Ruby on Rails, jQuery, etc. While the course is not exhaustive, our goal is to prepare students with the ability to learn on their own outside of class and explore the tools and technologies most relevant to their goals during the program and beyond. We know that the program is challenging and moves quickly from one topic to the next, but we usually find that as students progress through the coursework, they get more and more confident in their skills. We also offer various support methods for those who need further assistance including round-the-clock TA support, online assistance, and weekly mentor sessions.

While our top priority is student support, our career services benefit is only available to active students within the program and those who have successfully completed the program requirements. From your experience, we see that you were unable to utilize career services once you dropped the course. This criteria is in place in order to make sure that each active student receives maximum support throughout their time in the program. Our enrollment agreement and admissions process do strive to make the refund policy for the program clear, noting that refunds are not possible after the drop period ends. We understand that you were unhappy with these policies and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

It's our goal for all students to leave the program feeling confident in their skills, so we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and determine what additional assistance we can provide for you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (407) 454-9823.
    - 8/19/2019
    Jaime Cardenas  User Photo
    Jaime Cardenas • IT Specialist • Student Verified via GitHub

I've been working as an IT technician for my current company for over a year.  I was looking into growing with the company and I was told Web Development was the way to go.  I taught myself some CSS,HTML and JS, but I felt that I had to show I was serious about my growth I had to enroll in a boot camp.  My company offered me some tuition reimbursement and I signed up at UCF BootCamps.

So far this has been a great help and experience.  The pace is fast and to the point, great instructors and assistance.  I've learned a lot and fast.  It has help me feel more confident when speaking about moving to the developing team at my company and they are already starting to give me projects while I continue to learn at the bootcamp.

If you arae planning to learn coding a bootcamp is a great choice but be aware that is a lot of work and fast paced environment.  Be ready to spend a lot of time coding and researching.  Time flies and you will have a valuable new skill.

Monday, Aug 19 2019
    We truly appreciate your review, Jaime! We're thrilled to hear you're successfully learning the fundamentals of web development and are developing confidence in your newfound skills. Like you mentioned, this program is fast-paced and will require an extensive amount of studying both inside and outside of the classroom. We commend all your dedication thus far and are cheering you on as you continue towards finishing out the program!
    - 5/31/2019
    Eric N  User Photo
    Eric N • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I attended UCF part-time web dev bootcamp. Although it is fast paced and challenging, I felt the material covered will help me to prepare for the future. I had an excellent intructors, and my TA's were top notch, and I truly believe that my success is because of how thorough and passionate they were about me understanding the material and succeeding. Through out the program carrer service has help get "job ready", and since graduating career service has been in constant contact to go over job option and make sure I am ready to interview.

Tuesday, Jun 04 2019
    Way to go, Eric! Our boot camp team is truly passionate about helping students succeed, so we're glad to hear you benefited from their support. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Diana Saftler  User Photo
    Diana Saftler • Applications Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I have been programming for more years than many of my classmates have been alive... I know this because I finished a final release of my first turn key application just before my son was born, and he is at the far end of the millennials.

Well, I love programming (I will disavow this while debugging at 3 a.m.) but my 'first language' is MS Visual FoxPro 9.0 by way of FoxPro, FoxPro for Mac, FoxBASE, and dBase III.  And now those languages rank with Sanskrit.  I wanted to learn the languages of the web.  I wanted to be able to build applications of the same complexity and usefulness there.  Lots of resources on line...lots of books in my library.  Maybe too many.  Where to begin?

I attended a local meet up of Girls Do IT, and had a long conversation with a delightful young woman who was 2 weeks away from finishing the UCF Full-Stack Web Development Boot Camp. “It is intense,” she said, “but I’ve learned SO much.”

I did some research and made the awesome commitment to sign away half a year (and  a  not insignificant amount of money) to attend.  I am now at the half-way point, and consider this to be the best investment in my skill set since I got my MS in Computer Information Systems at NSU.  I am confident that Trilogy has taken the pulse of the industry.  They are teaching the skills that local employers are looking for.  The course builds from front end to back end tools and crafts exercises that cement concepts and build muscle memory.  They don’t go too deep, but make sure you understand the place each tool holds.  The instructors I’ve had are in the industry and know that they are training employees they will want on their teams.

The pace is furious… Don’t miss a class.  Do every exercise.  Watch every video resource.  Do the tutorials.  Get a good study with your classmates.  Leave enough time – more time than you think – to do the homework.   But when you do, pieces begin to fall into place.  You may not realize it at the time, but when you see a tool or technique again (and you will) you’ll realize that you understand it.  And that will give  you confidence in your ability to learn the next new tool, and the next;  development is constantly evolving.

By the time I’ve completed the course, I am confident that I will be able to take my skills in analysis and design, and implement them on the web.  A new tool set,  a new platform, a new way to solve the puzzle.

Monday, Jun 03 2019
    Amazing, Diana! We appreciate you choosing our program to further develop your existing programming skills. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the course and material covered. Great advice for prospective learners—utilizing all of the boot camp's resources will help you succeed. Congratulations on reaching the halfway point, we're rooting you on as you continue towards graduation!
  • Worth it
    - 5/12/2019
    Kathleen  User Photo
    Kathleen • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program delivered all that it stated in the beginning, and more.  I started the program with minimal experience (mostly HTML) and I won't sugar-coat it - it was tough all the way through.  I learned more than I ever thought possible and while I am not quite an expert in some of the more technical languages, I feel sufficiently equipt to work with them moving forward.  The instruction was great, and having the TA's in class was instrumental many times when you needed that extra assistance, or just another perspective.  I did not participate in the Career Services portion as I completed this program as part of my existing employment, although I was very impressed with the level of support and guidance they offered from the beginning.  Be prepared to work hard both in and outside the classroom, as I put in at least 20 hours a week beyond class.  That said, I highly recommend this program for those wanting to learn more about web development (front and back end), and for those with experience seeking additional knowledge and guidance.

Tuesday, May 14 2019
    We commend all your hard work, Kathleen! We're thrilled you were able to successfully learn the fundamentals of full-stack web development and feel equipped to tackle new languages and frameworks. Like you said, it's important for future students to be prepared to work hard both in and out of the classroom. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success going forward.
  • Dominic Smith  User Photo
    Dominic Smith • Student Verified via LinkedIn

​Prior to enrolling in the camp, I was a Game Developer so I did walk in with some programming experience. But within the first few weeks of class I learned wayy more than I expected to. The program has exposed me to such a large variety of programming languages that I didn't know anything about, along with many ways to go about coding effeciently.

The amount of resources and help that is provided within the camp is what I appreciated the most.The teachers and teacher assistants are very knowledgable and are always giving a helping hand to all students. Utilizing the career services helped me land freelance jobs all while I was still a student at the bootcamp. Becoming a Web Developer through this camp has made me become a better programmer overall. For me, programming went from being a hobby to becoming a profession.

The only tools you need to be successful in this boot camp is effort and the ability ask any questions in order to fully grasp the concepts taught in class. Just take everything you learn from class and apply it to things you like to do in your daily life to use as practice. Practice is key.

Wednesday, Feb 06 2019
    Thank you for your review, Dominic! We're thrilled you chose our program to advance your web development skills and make a significant career change. Great advice for prospective students — practice is definitely essential. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Madison Tift  User Photo
    Madison Tift • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A 3 month full stack javascript boot camp (MERN stack) on the UCF campus in Orlando, FL. This course was extremely challenging and rewarding. Over the course of 3 months we learned more than I thought possible. With a heavy emphasis on practical application the course provides not only knowledge, but a working portfolio to show to potential employers upon graduation.

Monday, Feb 04 2019
    Amazing, Madison! We're happy to hear you had such a rewarding student experience and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on graduating, and thank you for your review! We are rooting you in all your future endeavors.