uc-irvine-boot-camps-logo

UC Irvine Boot Camps

Irvine

UC Irvine Boot Camps

UC Irvine Boot Camps offer 12- and 24-week web development programs and 24-week, part-time data analytics, UX/UI, cybersecurity, and technology project management programs, and an 18-week, part-time digital marketing program in Irvine, California. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, C#, ASP.Net, Bootstrap, React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, and more.

The data analytics curriculum covers a broad array of technologies including Programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Fundamental Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, visual prototyping and wireframing, storyboarding, visual design theory, web design with HTML and CSS, interaction design, and more.

The cybersecurity program provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UC Irvine Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Successful students will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCI Continuing Education and those in our web development, data analytics, UX/UI, digital marketing, or technology project management programs will complete the program with a portfolio of projects demonstrating their skills. Those in our cybersecurity program will learn skills applicable to industry certifications.

UC Irvine Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC Irvine Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.31

all (37) reviews for UC Irvine Boot Camps →

Recent UC Irvine Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationIrvine
    UCI Continuing Education Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationIrvine
    UCI Continuing Education Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Scrum, Agile
    LocationIrvine
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education prepares learners to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.
    Payment plans available
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, Git, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationIrvine
    Get hands-on training and instruction in high-demand UX/UI Design methodology which includes software skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD), Sketch App, InVision, Keynote as well as front-end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, Git/GitHub and more. Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

4 Scholarships

• $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Irvine Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Irvine)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Irvine)

• Tricia Leavitt  User Photo
    Tricia Leavitt • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Like many others, I attended UCI's Full-Time, Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp in order to transition from my previous career (ten years in business roles) into tech in the Spring of 2018. Having been out of the program for about a year now, and as someone who is now going into her second job in the industry (having also received 5 job offers thus far), I can easily say that the transition has been one of the most challenging but also most rewarding experiences that I have had the opportunity to pursue.

While no previous experience is required, I did take a handful of front-end courses online before I enrolled to make sure that I enjoyed the content enough to pursue it professionally (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript). Once enrolled, I was very happy to find that the curriculum, pace, and staff helped me to greatly accelerate my own learning as well as to build a great foundation for the skills needed to work as a developer.

That being said, I feel that it is important to note that in this course, like any other learning opportunity (bootcamp, collegiate programs, etc.), you really do get out what you choose to put in. For me, that meant dedicating as much time as possible during the bootcamp to learning the material, both during and outside of class, as well as continuing to expand my knowledge afterward. I have also become actively involved in the local tech community during the last year, which has provided me with additional professional opportunities. Moreover, while you will learn the basics in class, it is also important to know that you will also need to learn a lot on your own and/or with your fellow students (with the support of your instructors). While this can feel frustrating at times, it is an incredibly important skill to develop as it is what will be regularly required from you on the job.

As far as Career Services go, I do feel that this is one area that has an opportunity for some improvement. In my opinion, for those who have limited experience with job searching and interviewing techniques, it is a wonderful service. However, having been in the job market for ten years, I was already familiar with much of the information provided. It is also important to note that, at least as of my program completion, this is not a job placement service. You will be responsible for finding and applying to jobs in your area. Additionally, again as of Spring 2018, the interview techniques provided are not tech-specific, and will relate more to how to complete a behavioral interview. For tech-specific interviews (whiteboard coding, etc.), training was provided and encouraged by my teacher and TAs during office hours to those students that requested it, which I would highly recommend should you enroll.

To sum up, starting my career in development with the UCI bootcamp has provided me with opportunities that I would have never imagined I would receive prior to attending. From working as a developer, to co-organizing a local tech interview meetup group, to mentoring other new developers and nearly doubling my income in a years time, it has been one of the best investments I have ever made in myself. While I do believe it is possible to learn web development fundamentals from less expensive online courses, the program provided me with the motivation, structure, knowledge, and mentorship that I needed to push myself to reach my goals. I am incredibly thankful for the encouragement that I received during the program, the friendships that I made in class, and the continuing support that I have received from Jeff, Taylor, and others as I progress in my career.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thank you, Tricia! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum, pace, and found our instructional team to be supportive. Like you noted, you do get out what you put in, so dedicating extensive time both in and outside of the classroom, will truly help you succeed. We're always optimizing our career services curriculum to be valuable for both beginners as well as experienced professionals, so we appreciate your insight.

We're thrilled you were able to make lifelong connections and applaud all the accomplishments you've achieved thus far. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on as you continue on your new career path!
  • Val   User Photo
    Val • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This course exceeded my expectations.  I learned so much, and feel like I have the tools to continue my journey with regard to data analytics and data visualization.  My instructor Anthony Taylor and TAs Mark Flynn and Zach Grinacoff were knowledgeable, supportive, and patient.  I know choosing to attend UCI's Data Analytics Bootcamp was the best decision for a number of reasons.  The enrollment process was relatively easy and quick. Jeff Howell (Student Admin Support) is extremely supportive and strives for student success and satisfaction.  He was very responsive throughout the course.  Instructor Anthony Taylor is passionate about his students' success and his energy keeps his students engaged and present.  TA Mark Flynn is a wealth of knowledge especially for us Mac users!  TA Zach always managed to talk me through code step by logical step, and made complex code seem simple.  I have a good amount of knowledge about a lot of programs including, Python, SQL, MongoDB, Tableau, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Leaflet, ETL, Machine Learning, and so much more.  I am by no means an expert in data analytics now, but I have an incredible foundation to work from because of this course. Thank you UCI for this course, and the amazing team of instructors and support staff!
    Tuesday, Nov 24 2020
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Val! It's great to hear the program exceeded your expectations and that you found our entire team to be supportive. We couldn't agree more that Anthony, Mark, Zach, and Jeff are all pretty fantastic. We strive to be responsive and provide assistance to our students every step of the way, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
  • Sederick  User Photo
    Sederick • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took a lot of time to research the best school for me. I knew, I learn best in person due to my disabilities which I told admissions.  Therefore after vetting several schools near me I decided on UC Irvine because it was the only school offering in person.  Well, that changed due to covid (No Fault of the school). How they handled it is completely their fault.  When I wanted to reschedule my session to the next semester to give myself time to prepare(Their response below).  Notice how I didn't ask for a refund but it was mention in his response.  I guess some peoples eyes are always on the money or maybe it was assumed that's what I wanted. I guess it would be to hard to believe a minority still wants to learn to code.

Sederick C. <> | Mar 16, 2020, 2:04 PM |  |
    to Jeffrey

Hello Jeffrey, is there an option right now or being considered to allow some students to attend the next round of in-class bootcamp once allowed? Attending an in person study program was an important factor on me deciding on going to UCI or UCLA. I have a learning disability that makes it very difficult to keep up with pace when reading or learning new things. I don't know how well this teaching format will work for me as I have consciously avoided them. I understand the circumstances are out of everyone's control. I'm just looking into options to help improve my success from this program. Thank you,Sederick

Jeffrey <> | Mar 17, 2020, 11:10 AM |
    to me

Hello Sederick, Thank you for reaching out.

I do realize that transitioning to the online classroom is an adjustment. However, our student’s safety remains our number one priority.
    We are prepared to teach the same curriculum and committed to providing the same level of support and instruction virtually. Classes will continue to be delivered with the same number of class lectures and office hours as planned. In addition, we are working on a revamped way to keep up engagement and support, with additional resources, for all students.

These are unusual circumstances where we are all adapting to provide the best student experience possible while prioritizing the safety of our students and instructors. In accordance, we are currently upholding the current program and university policy. Any transferring to a different class section or possible refund has to be followed in accordance with the previous and/or current policy, and are not being granted at this time.

I will work to keep you informed of any changes and up to date with available information.
    Please let me know if you have any additional questions and if there is anything specific that we can do to assist you as we work through this transition.
    Best,Thank you, Jeff

This school ripped me off.
     No one is quitting their jobs to spend thousands of dollars to have a horrible instructor (that doesn't like speaking), not learn to code, unable to apply for coding jobs when you finish, and now have monthly payments to the Turn and Burn school.  Youtube this school.

You notice how the school says these are "unusual times", its funny that its still Business as usual with Trilogy. Even if you're a person with disabilities.  This school is all about money.  This isn't a student first experience. I can't even use career services because this portfolio they promised I'd have at the end, I do not have. Their career services is so busy, it took me 2 weeks to get a call from them, just so they can tell me they can't help.  I take that back my career counselor told me to submit my materials from the course.  My materials from the awful course that the majority of the class didn't finish because of the horrible instructions.  Expect no learning materials, no best approach, horrible lectures, an instructor of  privilege who has no idea how to teach or talk to people. So now I'm in the same position I started at minus a job.   This school should have a buyers beware notice on all ads.
    Tuesday, Nov 17 2020
    Thank you for your feedback, Sederick. We regret to hear you were dissatisfied with your boot camp experience.

Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We do leverage existing technologies and processes to move our courses online efficiently and are confident that our course can be delivered successfully through this virtual format. However, we understand that this unplanned change did require some adjustments and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We want to assure you that our university does have a robust disability accommodation process and procedure and we pride ourselves on making necessary arrangements. Our team truly cares about each individual and we aimed to provide you with further support through extra off-hour assistance from our TAs as well as additional communication and follow-up. At present, all our programs will continue to be held fully online for the health and safety of our learners. We continue to actively monitor the situation in partnership with the UCI Division of Continuing Education and keep our community updated as conditions evolve.

It's our goal for all individuals to complete the program feeling equipped for success, so we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and determine what additional assistance we can provide for you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (949) 214-4016.
  • Michael Maimoni  User Photo
    Michael Maimoni • Manager (Enterprise Risk Consulting) • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had the pleasure of completing the Data Visualization / Data Analytics Bootcamp at UCI with Anthony Taylor as an instructor. Beyond the course being fantastic and being able to develop a skillset that's served me well, I think one of the distinguishing factors was the quality of instruction from Anthony Taylor as well as the Teaching Assistants (Mark and Kevin) - Anthony was very knowledgeable and with a wealth of industry experience from various companies and consulting roles, as well as a fantastic classroom presence (both virtual and in-person); both Mark and Kevin were fantastic as well.
    Monday, Aug 31 2020
    Way to go, Michael! We're glad to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team - we also have to agree that Anthony, Mark, and Kevin are all fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Data Analytics
    - 8/19/2020
    Tiania  User Photo
    Tiania • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a great experience in this bootcamp with support from my instructor, Anthony Taylor and the two TAs Mark Flynn and Kevin Nguyen.

Anthony had a fantastic way of teaching in class and online that kept me engaged and kept me learning without ever feeling overwhelmed. If there was an exercise he thought would be best taught in a group setting, he was more than willing to answer questions and make sure everyone understood the material being taught that day. As for the TAs, they were willing to answer questions about homework even if it was far after the homework was due. Even so, the communication is still there after graduation. In fact, I recently asked one of the TAs a question after graduating because I was working on a personal project and got stuck and still got an answer.

Everyone  that stays at the bootcamp wants to work and is willing to put in the effort to make projects work. You aren't going to find any slackers here because all the slackers will have left early on. All that is left are people just as willing and dedicated to learning the material as you. The instructional staff, including the tutors are all here to make sure you succeed and they have career services that extend to after your bootcamp to help you land that job that you just went to school for.

I highly recommend this bootcamp and am happy I decided to take it.
    Thursday, Aug 20 2020
    Amazing, Tiania! We're thrilled you found our entire instructional team to be supportive and encouraging throughout your learning journey — even after completing the program. We definitely agree that Anthony, Mark, and Kevin are all pretty incredible. You're completely right that the course truly requires students to put in the hard work and see their projects through to the end. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We commend your dedication to your studies and are rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Data Analytics
    - 8/12/2020
    Helen Au  User Photo
    Helen Au • Customer Service Rep • Student Verified via GitHub
    Background for me: I graduated college at Cal State Long Beach for Elementary Education(Liberal Studies). I have a family full of engineers and friends who are mainly engineers too. I feel that I have gone to college for the wrong field and ended up working in Customer Service/Collections positions after college graduation in 2007.  I was supported and encouraged by a close friend who is a software engineer to take this in-person class at UCI, because it offered in-person classes vs. online classes (where it can be impersonal).  The company I have been working for announced plans to move the Collections department to Texas. I have been working with the company for 3 years and saw first-hand how managers and supervisors of 13+ years were laid off as their department went to Henderson and replaced with new local employees. Having a later shift, I was denied approval to move my shift 30 minutes earlier for this class. I made the bold decision to quit my job and invest my time and dedication to this class. It was learning some foreign programming language each week. My instructor Bryan Lowe amazed me with his demonstrations of the curriculum. At first it felt like he was performing magic when he was able to produce the results, but with late night studying, rewatching class videos, researching concepts, conditions, and details helped reveal my understandings for the content. I have to add, that I was very angry at times, grumpy, frustrated and had mostly sleepless nights through this 6 month course.  But there is light at the end of this tunnel.lat  office hours before the class or after the class, I would ask my questions of what I reviewed with the TA’s and Bryan Lowe. There were many times where TA Gautam D. and TA Rika F. would guide me, but not feed me the answer. It was frustrating at first, because I had the perception that TA’s are supposed to answer your questions, but it ended up making sense.  You need to make efforts on your own to figure things out. TA’s would be robbing you of valuable skills that would prepare you to use in the real world. I eventually changed how I studied and researched more, took a break, and saw things clearly eventually getting that lightbulb.   There is a lot of cursing involved in this class, but the satisfaction of figuring out the codes is beyond belief.  Not everyone has the commitment, time, or dedication to continue to dive into programming madness.  But to accurately review my experience, it was the best experience for me.  Not everything was perfect, a small lesson of the curriculum was changed but not completely to make it flow regarding Heroku, the tax documents for this class wasn’t immediately available or clear, but with patience on some aspects of this class, overall, it changed my life in surprising myself that I was capable of learning things that initially intimidated me.  With all the hours you allow yourself to focus on this material, you can only learn and get better. You can’t expect to be an Olympian or Professional Basketball player without putting in the practice. I see a lot of reviews of anger and resentment to this program, which are unfair. This program is like a personal trainer giving you a program, but you have to put in the sweat, time, and obsession to build your muscles. They show you how things are done, but it’s upto the individual to practice.  I can say it brings out everyone’s dark demons, but it just makes everyone who stuck to the end and earned a certificate  have that mutual respect for eachother. It is the qualities, communication skills, and mindset of each individual that will shine through to future employers during interviews to land that job.  I didn’t use the Career Counselor yet, but they have really reached out and sent many emails and calls to remind me to move forward with the milestones.

SUMMARY:
    Bryan Lowe is exceptional, as well as Anthony Taylor who subbed and offered Saturday AWS Athena after class sessions.
    Rika and Gautam were awesome TAs.
    Jeff (Admin) was always kind and goes the extra mile for everyone.
    The classmates I had were highly skilled with Computer skills. It definitely was a great experience learning what others were able to create. Great in-person learning environment with humorous, witty, challenging but rewarding moments with a highly knowledgeable instructor who moves to the next and keeps the fast pace so the class isn’t dwelling or spending too much time on frustration. Watch the recordings of the videos, you need to commit the time to get al that you missed in the class. Just keep trying. Don’t give up. Don’t feel discouraged. Be honest with the time you allow yourself to practice and learn.
    Wednesday, Aug 12 2020
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Helen! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change and commend all the hard work you dedicated. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're thrilled this resonated with you. We also agree that Bryan, Gautam, Rika, Anthony, Athena, and Jeff are all fantastic.

Like you mentioned, this program is challenging and you will experience both ups and downs, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Every individual's qualities, communication skills, and mindset will play major roles in their future success. Great advice for prospective candidates — taking advantage of all the available resources, like seeking help from TAs and attending office hours, will definitely help you stay ahead. We're constantly working on optimizing our curriculum and feedback like yours helps us to do just that.

Congratulations on graduating! In your own words, we encourage you to keep trying and not give up in all that you do from here on out. All the best moving forward!
  • Software Engineer
    - 6/14/2019
    Cami LP  User Photo
    Cami LP • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After 10 years of experience as a producer/project manager I decided to take a leap of faith and change my career from one side of development, to the other. I chose UCI's coding bootcamp for the price and timeline, but I would highly recommend them for the level of staff support and the work you walk away with on you portfolio. I was able to get a job BEFORE I graduated because my instructor believed in me and all the hard work I put into class.

Overall Experience: 5 Stars
    As I mentioned previously, I was able to land a job offer halfway through the 12-week full time course and it was because my instructor believed in me enough to recommend me to an alumni who happened to work at a company that was hiring possible candidates. I will caveat that I was chosen because I put in a lot of hard work (an additional 4-5 hours a day re-doing homework and class activities). The class is extremely fast paced (which I personally loved) and the amount of work we had to do sometimes felt daunting/intimidating, however it gave me the platform I needed to prove to myself and my peers that I had what it takes to make my career dreams come true. If you have the tenacity to always give your 100% to this bootcamp, you WILL be successful. (Seriously, if I can do it... you can.)

Instructors: 5 Stars
    From the instructor to the career support staff, I never felt that I was doing this alone. After working in the professional field for over a decade, I took for granted how a classroom environment could really give you that sense of safety to learn and grow. I asked questions, arrived early, stayed late and never stopped communicating with the staff and they always had my back. Whether it was helping me with a homework assignment, answering a question I've asked a dozen times or working with me when life got in the way of class. They were patient, compassionate and always amazing to work with.

Curriculum: 4 Stars
    When I started, I had 0 experience with coding and no portfolio whatsoever. By the end of the class, I had a fully functioning website and several homework assignments/projects to show off by demo day. I was proud of the level of work that I accomplished and was confident in my knowledge of it. The only reason why I gave 4 stars over a perfect 5 is because I felt we slowed down the class in some areas I felt strongly in (API project) and had less time for things I really wanted to dive deeper into (C#). This could be attributed to having to learn at the pace of the entire class, as opposed to where I am as an individual. On that same note, I felt group activities really held me back when it came to projects, but this does kind of simulate a real work experience so I can understand why they did that, but that was a personal negative point for me.

Job Assistance: 5 Stars
    I received a job offer prior to graduating from bootcamp so it's obvious I'd be giving this bootcamp 5 stars in job assistance. UCI gave me a boost in the networking that is done between current students, Alumnis and faculty. I'm the perfect example of someone who had nothing but the willingness and drive to change her career, and with this bootcamp and its amazing career services team, I was completely prepared to tackle a job interview that I had no prior training for, outside the bootcamp.

Friday, Jun 14 2019
    Way to go, Cami! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change and are happy to hear you landed an exciting new role. We completely agree that if prospective students are fully dedicated to their studies in and outside of the classroom, they can be successful. We're thrilled you found our entire team to be patient, compassionate and great to work with—this truly makes all of our effort worthwhile. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review and feedback! We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Valerie Flores  User Photo
    Valerie Flores • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I absolutely loved taking this course!  I am looking for a career change and have always been interested in web development, but had no prior experience.  This program is intense and can be frustrating at times, but the instructor, Forrest, and the TA's gave every student tremendous support and explained the lessons in a way that was easy to understand and retain the information.  I had a blast creating useful applications from scratch and look forward to using these skills in a career environment.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Amazing, Valerie! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're glad to hear you found our instructional team to be supportive and knowledgable—we also think Forrest is pretty great. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! All the best as you move forward.
  • Breanna Nelson  User Photo
    Breanna Nelson • Data Integration Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program has changed my life in so many amazing ways. It has allowed me to grow my knowledge and skillset to obtain a new career in the field. I would HIGHLY recommend this certification program for anyone that it is excited and willing to learn. It is a lot of work, but after the program, you will see that your skills are in high demand. I recommend taking advantage for career services. The advice and suggestions they gave me and my perseverance to continue learning outside of the bootcamp to prep for the coding interviews, really were the reasons for why I was offered a new job.

Monday, Feb 11 2019
    Amazing, Breanna! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're happy to hear you greatly benefited from our career services. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We're cheering you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Nick  User Photo
    Nick • Teaching Assistant • Student Verified via GitHub

It was a great experience overall. I came into the program without knowing anything about coding and now after I feel like I'm pretty competent and know what I'm doing.

The pace of the course is very fast so you must be able to ask for additional help if you do need it (the bootcamp WILL provide FREE tutoring or any additional 1 on 1s with the instructional team, you just need to ask!) And also you have to try to do as much as you can to learn since it is such a broad subject and the pace is very fast. The instructor reminds everyone the ABC of coding, (ALWAYS Be Coding!)

I think the bootcamp was overall a very good experience, but you can't just attend and expect to be a coder after. You need to put in your own effort and work very hard too so you can get the most out of it.

Thursday, Feb 07 2019
    We appreciate you sharing your experience, Nick! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and feel competent in your newfound skills. Great advice for prospective students — you should definitely utilize all the boot camp's resources and work hard. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your future goals!
  • Alumni
    - 11/2/2018
    Viet Vo  User Photo
    Viet Vo • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    This class was amazing! I cannot applaud the teaching staff enough. Personally, I had a worthwhile experience working with the them. My teachers were exceptionally engaging. They supported me all throughout the course. Every question I asked. they had an exceptional answer for. Coming into the class I had only a high school level programming course under my belt and in no time they helped bring me to speed with what the most common industry standards. I loved interacting them as they were; knowledgable professionals in the field. The after class interactions with them helped me be especially competitive. I'm glad to say with the help of Taylor and his TA's and the course director Jeff, I got my first job before the course ended!
    Monday, Nov 05 2018
    Amazing, Viet! We are thrilled you had such an amazing student experience and were supported by our entire team — we also agree that Taylor, Jeff, and all our TAs are pretty great. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course and on your new career! We are rooting you on as you move forward.
    - 6/1/2018
    Joshua Spears  User Photo
    Joshua Spears • Teaching Assistant • Student Verified via GitHub

Trilogy has provided me the skills to change my life. This program was everything and more then what i expected. I came in with very little knowledge of the subject, and left with enough knowledge to land my first job in the industry.  I would definitely recomend this course to anyone looking into starting a new career in development.

Response From: Jeff Howell of UC Irvine Boot Camps
    Title: Student Success Manager
    Friday, Jun 01 2018
    Way to go, Joshua! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with our program, successfully learning the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We commend all your hard work, as it definitely paid off - Congratulations on landing your first tech role! Thank you for your review, we wish you all the best.
  • Rich Experience
    - 12/22/2017
    Marwa Mahmoud  User Photo
    Marwa Mahmoud • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have just finished the UCI bootcamp 6 months part time full stack web development.

It was all in all a great experience. I have learnt a lot in a relatively short period of time.

The curriculum was really strong and it covered most of the trending coding topics

The instructors were amazing.Forrest is very knowledgable and have excellent teaching skills. He was always able to help with the code and can fix any problem what so ever. Kyle the TA was very dedicated to helping us , he was always there in class, on slack helping and sending tutorials.

The career service, Jeff and Jenna, where so nice, they where always reachable and tried to help us as much as they could

There is still some room for improvement in the job assistance par but I am sure they'll get there with time

Response From: Jeff Howell of UC Irvine Boot Camps
    Title: Student Success Manager
    Monday, Jan 15 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Marwa! It's terrific that you had an overall positive experience with our program. We love hearing that your instructors and TAs provided you with the guidance and assistance you needed to be successful in this program, and we're glad that our career services team is working hard to help best equip our students for success.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. The student experience is our number one priority, and feedback like yours helps us to constantly improve our program. We wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future endeavors.