rutgers-bootcamps-logo

Rutgers Bootcamps

Jersey City, New Brunswick, Somerset

Rutgers Bootcamps

Rutgers Bootcamps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time Data Science courses in Somerset and Jersey City. The full-stack web development curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. The data science curriculum covers a broad array of tools and technologies like programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. The bootcamp curriculum is designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. Rutgers Bootcamps empower expert instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience.  Whether you choose to pursue web development or data science, over the course of our program, you’ll be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Students not only learn the fundamentals but also apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems and build portfolios.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Rutgers Bootcamps are designed for students and professionals who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a certificate from the Rutgers University Department of Continuing Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data science.

Rutgers Bootcamps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Rutgers Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.54

all (99) reviews for Rutgers Bootcamps →

Recent Rutgers Bootcamps News

Read all (5) articles about Rutgers Bootcamps →
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

Somerset, Jersey City
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    Somerset
    Rutgers Coding Bootcamp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    Somerset, Jersey City
    Rutgers Coding Bootcamp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• $500 Rutgers Bootcamps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Rutgers Bootcamps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Somerset)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Jersey City)

• Srinivasa Rao Vikram  User Photo
    Srinivasa Rao Vikram • Sr Database Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As Oracle database developer with many years of experience, I took decision to upgrade my skills with latest technologies for data analysis and machine learning. I am fully satisfied and feeling confident with my decision after completing the course. The course is perfectly designed to get full hands on with concept wise activities. In additionn to great teaching of concepts, the course is equipped with full of class actvities, home work assignment and multiple projects at various levels. I got full confidence each week of the course after the class activities and home work completion on topic that is covered during that week. As student we need an extra effort during this 24 week period to be in class and reviewing the topics each week to be in pace with course. This course really helped me a lot to apply the new technologies in my current work and gave me lot of confidence for future.
    The Instructor , Teaching Assistants ,Student Success Manager and everyone involved from enrolling to graduation day are excellent with full support and response that you need all the time. I strongly recommend this course for those who are looking for career in latest data analysis technologies. Thank you for all the staff for Great Offering that is proven as successfull programme for many students.

Friday, May 10 2019
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Srinivasa! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and were able to apply your skills in your current job role. We're truly passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to hear you found our entire team to be supportive. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your recommendation! We're rooting you on as you move forward.
  • Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Jr. Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I started the bootcamp with a vague understanding of basic Java and experience with HTML that I hadn't used in years, and three months after graduating I landed a MERN stack job making $65k/yr.

I did not really utilize the career assistance, so I can't speak to how effective or ineffective it is.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Thanks so much, Andrew! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! Best of luck on your new career path.
  • Asha  User Photo
    Asha • Web developer Verified via GitHub

I signed up to this bootcamp just in the hope of learning something new and make myself familiar with the latest technolgies but I came out with so much more. I was looking forward to each class, each homework and each project throughout the course, the curriculum is quick paced and that is what keeps us on our toes and make us give our 100%. The short deadlines, the late nights, the group projects everything was worth it. The instructors were amazing, extremely knowledgable and encouraging, the TAs always helpful, the student success managers always there to give a ear whenever we had issues. I graduated feeling a lot confident about myself and my coding abilities, I would recommend this course to anyone who is up for challenges and have a zest for learning!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    We're thrilled you enjoyed our curriculum and hands-on projects, Asha! Our entire team is passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to hear you benefited from their support and feel confident in your newfound coding abilities. Congratulations on completing the course, all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Best investment!
    Erica P  User Photo
    Erica P • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I entered this program very green and very nervous. I had little experience coding and was embarking on a new career in a new field. It's truly incredible all that I have learned and accomplished in six months. My instructor, tutor, and TAs were wonderful - so patient and smart - even when I felt stressed I never felt alone. I entered knowing only HTML and CSS. Now I can build a server and React app - amazing! My confidence has soared and I have made a family in my cohort that I am forever thankful for. I am excited to start my career in web development and I have the strength and support of the Rutgers Bootcamp to thank for my preparedness.

If you're thinking of registering my advice is - DO IT!

If you're enrolled my advice is - install the slack app on your phone so you're always up to date with shared resources and support, take advantage of the free tutoring, and make time to stay for office hours.

You CAN do it! And there's so much help if you need it!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Thank you, Erica! We're thrilled you feel confident in your newfound programming skills and excited about starting a new career in the field. Great advice for prospective students — it's important to take advantage of the bootcamp's resources. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in your future achievements!

• Never too late
    Ying  User Photo
    Ying Verified via GitHub

Working in HR for 6 years in different industries, interviewing hundreds of people, I think this is enough for me to understand "You'll need this in the future", "this", I mean, the developer mindset. Take a look at the "Zen of Coding", you will understand why a programmer mindset can help you in lots of ways ----whether it is a challenging software problem or “hacking” other aspects of your lives like travel planning or winning the game in Dave & Buster's or relationships.

I got a management degree (yep, not a science degree) and zero experience in coding. But all these "disadvantages" did not stop me. Because when I thought deeply about the kind of work I truly love, I realized I’m happiest when I have my head down, solving problems. And taking Rutgers Bootcamp Program is a great decision I made to help my career change. I’ve never pushed myself as a learner as much as I’ve had to in the last year. I learned:

• Languages: JavaScript, HTML, CSS, SQL.
    • Frameworks/Libraries: React.js, Node.js, jQuery, Handlebars, Express, SCSS, Responsive Design, Bootstrap.
    • Software/Engines/System/Deployment: MySQL, MongoDB, Git; Heroku, Netlify.

And most valuable part of this program is you will learn how to "learn" and how to destructing the assignments. I want to give a shout-out to instructor Alex and TAs (Andrew, Z, and Brian).

So if you’re at that career change crossroads to become a programmer, scared to take the leap—take it. It’s never going to get easier, but it will get less scary as soon as you take that first step. This program is definitely the first-step worth taking.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, Ying! We're glad to hear our program allowed you to pursue your passion and make a significant career change. We appreciate your shoutout to our instructional team — Alex, Andrew, and Brian are terrific and truly enjoy helping students navigate the course material. Thank you for your review, we commend all your hard work! All the best as you continue on your new path.
  • Chelsea Ciprich  User Photo
    Chelsea Ciprich • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Prior to taking the Bootcamp I was creating websites using Wix/shopify/weebly etc. for clients and wanted to understand more about what went into building a website and hosting the site myself. I used to dabble in code back in myspace days so when I saw Rutgers was having a part time bootcamp I jumped on the opportunity. I liked the fact that I could still work my fulltime job and attend the course.

Compared to other Bootcamps I saw online Rutgers was close to my work/home and a name I trusted. The class goes over different languages like HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, Bootstrap, ajax, MySQL and more. All of these languages will be helpful to know through my Web Dev journey and I am greatful I have had such a great experience learning the basics of these programming languages.

My professor Alex Rosenkranz and all the TAs (Brian, Z, Andrew), are always working with you and push you when you want to slack off. I had a great experience everytime I went to class.

I would (and already have) highly recommend Rutger's Coding Bootcamp to friends/family/strangers.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Thanks, Chelsea! We're happy you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and had a great classroom experience — we also think Alex, Brian, and Andrew are fantastic. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you recommending our program! We wish you all the best as you move forward.
  • Concise Feedback
    Mohammed Wardeh  User Photo
    Mohammed Wardeh • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After only 2 thirds of the bootcamp, I landed a job as a web developer at the United Nations. Many, many of my colleauges landed jobs at Amazon, Chase and became React Developers and Software Engineers at some big names companies. The support you'll receive is beyond exceptional, the materials will really prepare you to the real job market needs and demands. Excellent experience. Excellent support during and after bootcamp.

Here is a video about me that Rutgers Coding Bootcamp has done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ID0NSHBZa4&t=1s

You can receive a support from the CEO of the company, an amazing guy with intelligent outspoken and humble personality. Amazing team. I loved each and every one of them. I don't know what's amazing about them but you feel that all of these people are gathered around you for you to succeed. They push you to succeed and they go above and beyond what's needed to make sure that you are receiving a second to none quality of education.

Do you need a bootcamp?

Absolutely yes. Retooling is a must in todays day in time. Every 4-5 years you must retool and sharpen your skills to stay on top of the fast changing technology.

Can any bootcamp provide the right retooling to you?

Absolutely Not. I have done my homework very, very well before signing up to Rutgers bootcamp. I have collected data about each and every school in the NYC-Jersey region and I didn't choose Rutgers bootcamp for a random reason. I used to live in CT and I moved my entire family to Jersey to attend this very bootcamp and not any other one.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    We appreciate your review, Mohammed! We're thrilled you chose our program to sharpen your skills. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from our support, both during and after the program. Our entire team is truly passionate about helping students succeed, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and securing a new position as a web developer, we wish you the very best in all your future goals!
  • The Best Decision!
    Sharanya Banavar  User Photo
    Sharanya Banavar • Data Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took this bootcamp six months after getting my undergraduate degree in Mathematics because I didn't have the skills I needed to the job I wanted. This was after declaring that I wouldn't go back to school for at least 2 years! I am so happy I went back on that declaration! The six months that I spend learning coding were so fun! I learnt so much and had a phenomenal support team. The skills I learnt in the bootcamp help me greatly in my current job (which I absolutely love doing!) and I'm so thankful to my instructor and my TAs for all the help they provided me!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, Sharanya! We're thrilled you chose our program to further develop your skills in your current job role. Our entire team is passionate about what they do, so we're glad to hear you benefited from their support. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best as you move forward.
  • Richard Debrah  User Photo
    Richard Debrah • Data Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was looking for a career change and decided to go into programming after my research in many career options. Rutgers Coding Bootcamp had the best learning and career pathways and i do not regret a dime i spent with them.
    My instructor was the best and so are the other instructors.. They all have an open door policy and with a great learning and teaching environment so you do not feel left out. I learnt so much and when it came to opportunities they offered it to me as it came.
    They provide you the materials and the rest is for you to work hard to put it together. That encouraged me a lot and boost my confidence to. They have internal opportunities such as teaching assistants and tutoring that helped individuals like me to return a teaching and learning favor to others.
    I owe my knowledge and current job to the career services team who provided me with the tools i need to succeed on the job market whether looking for a job or going through an interview process.

Tuesday, Oct 23 2018
    Thank you so much, Richard! We are thrilled you had such a great boot camp experience and were constantly encouraged by our entire team. We are truly passionate about enabling student success, so feedback like yours truly makes all our hard work worthwhile. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course and on your new job role! We wish you all the best in your future goals.
  • Amazing Experience
    - 10/8/2018
    Austin Saflarske  User Photo
    Austin Saflarske • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had wanted to learn to code for a while, and decided to research some classes and liked the idea of taking an intense 3-month course to learn web development.

It was money well spent, the class is extensive, teaching various technologies and languages like HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Node.js, SQL, MongoDB, and React.

Beyond that the professor and staff are amazing, always working with you to achieve your goals, it is truly an amazing experience to be in such an amazing environment to learn and challenge yourself.

If you are interested in web development and want to challenge yourself and have an amazing learning experience I would highly recommend Rutger's Coding Bootcamp.

Monday, Oct 08 2018
    Amazing, Austin! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our full-time web development program and were constantly supported by our instructional team. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and recommending our boot camp. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best of luck in all your future achievements!
  • Dan Lewis  User Photo
    Dan Lewis • Web Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

A full-time 15 week program that primarily focuses the MERN stack(as of Feb 2018) to build full-stack web applications. The course provides a structured learning experience that will help students learn what goes behind creating and deploying web development projects.

The program was absolutely great. I learned a great deal within 15 weeks, but that being said it should be noted it is primarily the responsibility of the student to make sure they are sucessful. Treat this experience as a full-time job. Be sure to do the course pre-work as well as maybe a bit more(there are plenty of prep courses if you google them) to make sure you are not drowning in the material when the program begins.

Not everyone will be on the same level as you when you enter the course. Some have experience, some do not so it helps if you get yourself up to speed. This is that so during the course, time isnt wasted on getting your computer set up and learning GIT so you can really get into the meat and potatoes of the course.

Time is valuabe in this course. The more time you put in, the better the results. Know that part of being a web developer is to be able to learn things on the fly, on your own.

That being said, I wish that this program offered direct placement for those who did put the time in and did exceptionally well. It is not the direct fault of the career services staff because they have been nothing but helpful given the tools that they have. I would say however the structure of the relationship between the course and the career services is a bit distant. This should be much more clear cut before a student commits their money to this course. The price of this course is reasonable, but know there is no job placement. Career services does help with their resume assistance, job leads, and great bi-weekly video conference meetings along with positive renforcement.

Overall. This is a great course due to the agility to adapt to the everchanging industry, but it comes with the territory that you are getting to working level when there is much more underneath the surface. Learn as much as you can independently and stay focused on achieving the goal that you set for yourself.

Thursday, Aug 16 2018
    Thank you for your review, Dan! We are thrilled you were able to learn the fundamentals of full-stack web development and enjoyed our structured learning experience. You're right that a great deal of course material is covered in a short amount of time, so the more time you put in, the better your results will be. We understand you would have preferred a closer relationship between the course and career services and appreciate your feedback as we're constantly modifying our professional development assistance to best prepare students. We commend all your hard work and commitment to such a rigorous program. Congratulations on graduating and we wish you all the success moving forward!
  • Ashleigh Barnard  User Photo
    Ashleigh Barnard • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program is really hard and it is really important. If you take this seriously, and stay on task and keep learning outside the classroom and keep pushing on, you will really be set up to understand programming. I am coming from virtually NO programming experience. Full disclosure, I do have a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. However, we did not learn any coding. I did understand servers but the way they teach that small portion at the end anyone will leave understanding servers just like I did. I did not know the in-depth things I know now about servers, like running them. This is an amazing class and it is worth it. It was super hard and you have to be willing to put in the extra time on your own. I was doing free coding camp, Udemy courses and reading Javascript books during the class. I was watching a lot of YouTube Videos and rewatching our class videos. If you want to learn to be a full stack or front-end developer, definitely worth it. My instructor, Alex R and my student success manager, Funda, were amazing. The student assistants were amazing too. I honestly will miss class. We are still connected through slack and still have support. People are still asking our teacher for coding support after we've graduated and bless his soul he is still responding! Lol. They will help you get your portfolio, github and career search together.

Friday, Jul 27 2018
    Way to go, Ashleigh! We are so happy you chose to learn the fundamentals of full-stack web development through our program. Like you noted, this is a challenging program, one that requires extensive time outside of class to practice and master the covered topics, so we commend you for all the hard work you dedicated. It's great to hear you were fully supported by our entire team - we also think Alex and Funda are amazing! Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review. We wish you all the best as you continue on in your career.
  • James Reinknecht  User Photo
    James Reinknecht • Senior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have a background in IT but I changed careers 13 years ago.  I spent 13 years in a completely unrelated and non technical industry.  At some point I realized I had no career path left to me. I decided I wanted to go back to technology, and a bootcamp would be the best way to re-invigorate my skills in technology.  I always wanted to learn to properly code(i was mostly self tau\ght prior), and I always hated traditional courses teaching programming languages - they focused too much on making the language perform math calculations, instead of making it actually DO SOMETHING!  Make something move! Make something happen! keep me interested!

This program did precisely that, it kept me challenged, interested, and I had a BLAST!  My instructor Alex was incredible. My TAs Arron, Christian, and Tammar were incredible.  My student success manager (Juanita) was perhaps the most inspiring out of anyone. She was brilliant, engaged, and always caring and fun.

I felt so blessed to be part of such an awesome program.  After graduating I joined the tutorial team, and that really accelerated my learning.  Eventually I would become a Senior Tutor, and I gave over 400 tutorials to over 80 different students.  I made contacts around the country just by teaching that will likely stay with me for the rest of my life.

I had been applying and interviewing for about 7 months solid, and it has been about 6 months since graduation. I never stopped applying, but I j applying to EVERYTHING, and just started applying to things I *wanted*.

I received a job prospect from Career Services for a Technical Project Manager,  I have a wide variety of skills, so I said "what the heck" and asked to be put on the list of candidates.  The employed contacted me a few weeks later and asked if I would be interested in a Senior Developer position.  I had no problem with that! I proceeded through two interviews, one by phone, and one over Zoom, followed by a coding challenge.  I spent a lot of time and effort on the coding challenge, and I made SURE to document my work. I took it about 5 steps further: I had to solve a problem, and submit code to fix it.  I solved the problem, built a front end for it in React, deployed it to firebaseapp for hosting, performed unit testing to prove I solved the problem, and made a very detailed readme file explaining how to use the file, how to install it, how the pieces worked, and the outcome and code for the unit testing.

The employer was extremely impressed with my level of detail and documentation skills, communication skills (a lot of which I learned while tutoring!), and my ability to go above and beyond what was asked.  They made an offer withing 3 days of my submission of my coding test. I accepted the offer. I can only say it feels like a dream job - it's EXACTLY what I was looking for - a diverse and challenging environment, fully remote position, and amazing and supportive managers and coworkers.

Tuesday, Jul 03 2018
    Amazing, James! We are overjoyed that to hear you had such a positive bootcamp experience, constantly being challenged, staying engaged, and most importantly learning new skills- all while having a blast. We are so happy to hear you were always supported by our entire team - we also think Arron, Christian, Tammer, and Juanita are incredible!

Thank you for coming back to tutor for us, being able to not only assist so many different students but also accelerating your learning even further. We know the job search can be difficult, so we commend you for never stopping and continuing to apply and interview - it definitely paid off. Congratulations on your new dream job as a Senior Developer! We are passionate about enabling student success, so receiving feedback like this makes all of our hard work truly worthwhile. We can't wait to see what other future accomplishments you will achieve and wish you nothing but the best as you move forward in your career!
  • Career change
    - 6/20/2018
    Joe Logue  User Photo
    Joe Logue • Junior Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

So, one day I was at work checking my e-mail when I saw an ad for the Rutgers coding boot camp. I had always wanted to get into coding but didn’t think afford the traditional route of a 4-year degree. After learning more about the boot camp I decided to take the risk. The full-time course was the most mentally challenging thing I have undertook. I cannot say enough good things about my instructor Franklin. Not only did he inspire us to keep going, I always felt like he genuinely cared about us succeeding. I gained a great foundation for which to build upon and continue learning. This model of class will only work if you are motivated to succeeded and requires lots of time out of class dedicated to furthering what you learned the day prior. Initially I had some worries about the career services part of the deal, mainly the “profile coach” as they were called felt remote distant and non-responsive. However, the career director Timamu really made it her mission to help me find a job. When I was feeling stressed out about lack of calls she was there to reassure me and keep me on the right path. I can not express enough gratitude for Franklin and Timamu because of them I am beginning a career as a junior developer and I could not possibly be more excited for future.

Response From: Funda Istvan of Rutgers Bootcamps
    Thursday, Jun 21 2018
    Way to go, Joe! Our entire team is passionate about student success, so we are glad to hear you were inspired and constantly reassured by your instructor and career director - we also think Franklin and Coach Timamu are fantastic! You are right that the program requires additional time outside of class to master the concepts and course material, but putting in the hard work, as you did, definitely pays off. Congratulations on graduating the bootcamp and starting your exciting role as a junior developer. Thank you for your review, we wish you all the best as you continue on your new career path!
  • Career Changer
    - 5/19/2018
    William King  User Photo
    William King • Jr Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I’m leaving this review because I am very pleased overall with the RCB experience.  Hopefully I can reach one of you out there, combing through these reviews that may be on the fence. Let me just say that I know what you’re going through. I joined RCB  after about six months casually looking into different Bootcamp’s in the area.  I was sold on Rutgers mainly because they are a brick-and-mortar school with over a century of history, and putting their name and reputation behind a coding Boot Camp took almost all of the risk out of the equation. I also appreciated the fact that it wasn’t a 90 day program but rather a six-month program. Although it was very intense, it was still very doable while working and raising children.

I started the boot camp in August 2017, at 42 years old, no college degree, and working in the hospitality industry for 15+ years.  Two months before the Bootcamp started I did everything I could to get up to speed from online tutorials to YouTube.   I had very little coding experience and excepted the fact that a lot of the younger people going into this program were light years ahead of me.  Fast forward six months later, I’m graduating in February 2018, I win an award  and was asked by my instructor to apply to become a TA.   After a long and difficult interview process,  I was getting paid to go to through the course again this time as a TA.   It’s now May 2018 and I have two  job offers.

So is this worth it? It all depends on you. I made this the most difficult six months of my life and it paid off for me. There is a theme you will see in all of these reviews and it is so true. You will get out of this what you put into it.  My cohort had a 20 year old computer science student,  a 63-year-old man who worked for IBM, a lawyer who worked for a telecommunications firm, an accountant, a database administrator working for the United Nations, and various other people from different backgrounds.  I would say 90% of them knew their way around computer better than I did.  I had to work extremely hard to get through this but I did and I know you can too. Rutgers coding Boot Camp  became not just a career, but a life changer.

Response From: Funda Istvan of Rutgers Bootcamps
    Monday, May 21 2018
    We love hearing student feedback like yours, William! We are thrilled you had such a positive and inspirational boot camp journey, successfully learning the fundamental concepts of full-stack web development. We know it takes real commitment to balance a full-time work schedule and raising a family with an intensive paced course like this one.

Our program is designed to help individuals with varying proficiency levels, assisting as many hard-working, aspiring developers as possible. It’s amazing to hear how you truly dedicated yourself to advancing your skills throughout the entire course, as it led to your TA position and recent job offers. We couldn’t agree more that what you get out of the course solely depends on what you’re willing to put in. You should be proud of all the long hours and hard work you committed - we sure are! Congratulations on graduating, we know you will go on to do great things!
  • Jonathan Tuttle  User Photo
    Jonathan Tuttle • Data Integration Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Halfway through the course I reflected on what I had learned and what I was about to learn. I realized how close I came to technological irrelevance. I clearly dodged a bullet by investing in my professional development.

The experience was both brutal and awesome. This Boot Camp is not for Slackers, you will get out what you put in. Push yourself hard and you will have an excellent portfolio to show for it.

We were lucky to have a great instructor in Ahmed and excellent TA’s in Matt, Han, Jacob and Austin. The curriculum was exciting, and the tools were immediately applicable to real world scenarios.

Corey, Juanita and Jessica were extremely helpful with resume critiques and just making sure we had all necessary support. This is not a program that starts, stops and then throws you to the wolves, it is a tool kit with a support structure.

Tuesday, Feb 27 2018
    We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review, Jonathan! We're glad that you feel that our program can help students build an excellent portfolio and that you had an overall positive experience with this course. Because this boot camp can be challenging, we know the importance of quality instruction, guidance, and support, so we love hearing that our team provided you with the educational experience you needed in order to be successful in this program.

Congratulations on completing the course, we’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.

• Lizette Leano  User Photo
    Lizette Leano • Senior Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am a software developer with experience in Winforms and WPF, SQL Server, and C#.  I knew I had to do something else but my work kept me focusing on these development platforms.  Late last year, I took on another role focusing on D3 and front-end web development.  It was a big change for me and a lot of challenge.  I was removed from my comfort zone and that led me to the internet looking for tutorials, videos, and eventually to this course Data Science Bootcamp.

At first, I was skeptical because I was afraid that I would be bored or wouldn’t enjoy it and would be wasting my time.  I kept reading through the topics and I kept telling myself that this is what I wanted to do.  After a number of phone calls, questions, and a lot of thinking, I decided to join the class and I have not looked back since.  Not only was the class intense, it was challenging in different levels.  Each student decides how intense he/she would like his/her experience to be.  The material is fast-paced but engaging.  If you feel you don’t get it, the instructor and TAs are there to guide you through. You’ll be surprised at how much help you can get from everyone including your peers.

The coursework is 6 months and includes SQL, Python, JavaScript, D3, Tableau, Machine Learning, and so much more.  The program does not only teach you how to use each application but also shows you how to put them all together.  Coming out of this program made me a more confident developer knowing that I have acquired new set of skills.

Don’t take this course lightly but as long as you come to class and do all your work, you will be surprised at how much of the material you will be able to retain. My recommendation to anyone who is thinking of taking this course is to come in with an open mind and an eagerness to learn but most importantly a willingness to share knowledge.   Trust your instructors; I had great ones – Ahmed, Matt, Han, Jacob and wonderful peers to learn and work with.

Monday, Feb 26 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Lizette! We're glad that you learned so many new skills, and had an overall positive experience with this course. We’re especially delighted to hear that your instructors and TAs provided you with the support you needed to learn these valuable skills.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review, and we commend you for all of your hard work throughout the course. We're wishing you the very best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Ruchi Chandra  User Photo
    Ruchi Chandra • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Few months back, when I registered for this Data Science Bootcamp, I had no idea whether my investment is right or wrong. My daughter saw an advertisement of this bootcamp while doing her job search and asked me to enquire about the details and motivated me. This is the first time, I am looking at the course report. I didn’t check it then and just registered for the course. Had only few phone sessions with the admission team prior to registration and after that with Student Success Manager-Juanita for prework assignment.

Finally, I joined the Data Science and Visualization Bootcamp in August 2017. Covering various tools & technologies in six months, this curriculum is very intensive, but gives a lot of exposure to the world of Data Science. I came to this class with my statistical background and some knowledge of basic Excel only. With no prior experiencing in coding and other technologies, I had to face a lot of problem but thanks to our instructor Ahmed and all TAs – Han, Matt, Jacob and Austin. They have motivated and supported me every moment that I can do it, and yes, I did it.

Besides this, I had the opportunity to get a great advice from career services team as well. Thanks to Jessica, Corey and Ahmed for the positive feedbacks for the improvement of my resume and online presence (LinkedIn and GitHub).

Today, I can proudly say that I did the right thing to join this program. A lot of hard work and dedication is required, but not possible without this type of supportive environment and instructional staff.

Again, I would like to thank Ahmed, Han, Matt, Jacob, Austin, Juanita, Jessica and Corey for their support and patiently handling my queries.

Monday, Feb 19 2018
    Hi Ruchi,

We’re thrilled that you had such a positive experience with Rutgers Bootcamps. It makes us incredibly proud of our team as a whole to hear that they provided you with the guidance and support you needed to be successful in this course.

We applaud you for all of the hard work you put into learning these valuable new skills. Congratulations on completing the program, we’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Harshil Patel  User Photo
    Harshil Patel • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came into the program with no prior experience on coding and no knowledge as to what most of the tools we would be learning do. I mostly wanted to start the course because they taught SQL which I noticed most financial companies I was applying for were seeking. The experience seemed daunting to begin with but that quickly changed after a couple days of class with a wonderful professor and great TA's who were always ready to help with solving problems that came up. I never thought that I would continually enjoy going to class as much as I did and I always looked forward to learning the new materials. I originally only cared about one thing when I came into the class, but my experiences here taught me that there are so many other things that I would love to do even more now that I knew how to do them. Instead of soley focusing on advancing my career in a finance related field now I realize that I may want to be a python developer instead which is a language I knew nothing about before starting this program. The program is definitely worth the money and no where else will they teach you in such a supportive environment reallly centered around making sure that you are learning and that you know what to do instead of being centered around getting graded. For someone who came in with no idea how to do even the most basic programming to becoming someone that now knows Python, Javascript, SQL, and so much more I would say that there is no other bootcamp that can compare to Rutgers Bootcamps. Whether your a coding novice like me or someone in the field for a few years you can still learn more than you ever thought possible in 6 months if you enroll here I highly recommend it has been a life changing experience.

Thursday, Feb 15 2018
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, Harshil! We're glad to hear that you learned many valuable skills, and had an overall positive experience with this course.

We know the importance of quality instruction, guidance, and support, so we love hearing that our team provided you with the educational experience that you needed in order to be successful in this program.

• Sumana Kar  User Photo
    Sumana Kar • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I absolutely loved the Data Science bootcamp. The curriculum was very intensive but I felt that it was great introduction to the world of Data Science and if right amount of time and work was put into the class, you will succeed in mastering the concept and Tools/Technology.

Languages and toolset will change over the time. But this bootcamp helped me in understanding how to approach the new technology and use it successfuly. When i joined bootcamp, i was just poweruser of Excel  and worked in non-technical environment. Today i am proud to say, I can code too. You just need dedication and hardwork for this bootcamp and rest will follow you.

It was not easy at any point in the course but I was lucky to have Ahmed as my instructor and awesome TAs: Han, Matt, and Jacob. I was working fulltime and doing this course. Not any moment it was easy, but i was able to complete this course with ease because of my instructor and TAs. The difficult concept were made so easy to understand.

Thursday, Feb 15 2018
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, Sumana. We're glad to hear that you had an overall positive experience with our program, and applaud you for all of your hard work throughout the experience.

Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you the very best of luck as you move forward in your career.
  • Kenchetta J Dudley  User Photo
    Kenchetta J Dudley • Entrepreneur • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp program in March of 2016. My experience at the program has been incredibly amazing.  Naturally, I have a love for technology, but I went into the program with ZERO experience in computer programming, and I almost quit after the first week because of the depth of the learning curve. I did not think I could do it! HOWEVER, I was lucky enough to be paired up with a phenomenal set of educators at the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp program who are highly knowledgeable, patient and determined to support student learning, navigation and development throughout the entire duration of the program. The use of the various digital tools, and quick responses from your instructors is a huge plus.  I loved this program so much that I had to give my instructor, Keith Rosenberg, a shout out on my social media: FB, IG, and Youtube @Kdcodewebs. Amazing!

The structure and organization of the assignments helped me to gain a solid foundation into both front and backend development. The program is challenging and rigorous, but with the support of the staff you can make it! You will succeed in this program! I know, I did! After the program, I have become so motivated to discuss the topic of coding in education that I have started my own organization designed to increase coding awareness in K-12 public school education. Without Rutgers Coding Bootcamp, I would not be where I am today.

Personally, I would like to thank Keith Rosenberg, Peter Tumulty, Mark Awai, Jeremiah and Juanita Soranna for supporting my learning journey and being patient with me throughout this program.Your journey will be difficult, but I promise they will help you get through to reach your career goals. I am now an entrepreneur! They helped me to realize my “zone of genius” and I am truly appreciative. You can watch my video detailing my Rutgers Coding bootcamp experience on my Youtube channel @ https://youtu.be/NBim1j89Xp0 (don’t forget to click the subscribe button if you enjoyed my video : -).

#RutgersCodingBootCampROCKS  #Kdcodewebs #loveyouall

Friday, Sep 22 2017
    You rock, Kenchetta! Congratulations on becoming an entrepreneur, and starting your own organization. It’s truly wonderful to hear of your success. We love that you are working to bring valuable skills to potential tech leaders of tomorrow.

We’re glad that you enjoyed our curriculum, in-depth support, and received the guidance you needed during your journey. We understand that this course can be challenging, so we applaud your efforts and the commitment that it took to complete this program.

It really warms our hearts to hear that your experience with RCB helped to inspire and enable you to achieve your career goals. We’re incredibly proud of our entire team for being so dedicated to ensuring your success. We know they’re passionate about what they do, so receiving feedback like this makes all of their hard work truly worthwhile.

Thank you so much for your review. It was terrific to hear about your remarkable journey through RCB to where you are today. We can’t wait to see what the future has in store for you, we wish you nothing but the absolute best in all of your future endeavors.
  • Arron J Linton  User Photo
    Arron J Linton • Senior Tutor • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This was the best academic experience i've ever had. Most importantly, I had fun. The difficult pill to swallow is the fact that the bootcamp is everything that you would expect a bootcamp to be; fast paced, challenging, instense, and everything else that follows. Yes it was all of the above, but progress and growth was the outcome everytime. With that, I grew not to mind the difficult learning process because the glory moments at the end of the day were worth it everytime, I couldn't go wrong.

Not only did I learn how to code, I grew a passion for coding. I have to thank the instructional staff for my new found love. Their positive nature was contagious as they provided support in and outside of class. Now that I love to code, I love to learn. I look forward to learning everyday; even on football sundays you'll find me posted at a panera all day. I'm eager to learn new technology in order to achieve project goals I have made for myself. This skill set has revamped the way I think while providing me with a new creative landscape of which I am only limited by my imagination.

That said, the bootcamp taught me how to think, how to learn, and more specifically how to solve problems. Yes I know how to code after endless hours of practice, but I had to learn how to solve problems first before I started typing away hard coding. With that, I grew confidence in myself to tackle any technical (or functional) problem I face.

Overall, I am forever thankful for my experience at the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp. They provided and continue to provide support from every angle.

Amazing Experience.

Tuesday, Sep 19 2017
    You rock Arron! We love helping our students to develop their passion for web development. We’re delighted to hear that your instructors and TAs provided you with the support you needed to learn these valuable skills while encouraging your love of coding.

We’re thrilled that you had such a positive experience with Rutgers Bootcamps . We hope you're proud of all the hard work you put into the course. Congratulations on completing the program, we’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.

• Adam Kwan  User Photo
    Adam Kwan • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If you're interested in taking the RCB full time full stack program you're most likely looking for a career change or to gain new work experience.  I belong to the former group.  I hated the career I was in and was in desperate need of a career change.  One day I came across an advertisement for RCB and thought that this could be exactly what I was looking for.  A career in tech was appealing to me because your skills and experience are what matter most.  RCB isn't the only bootcamp around so I did my research to see what my options were.  I ultimately decided on RCB because of the reputation, curriculum, location, and price.

During the time leading up to the bootcamp my biggest concern was my lack of prior coding knowledge.  I had no coding experience going into this and was worried that I would be overwhelmed and get left behind.  I'm not going to lie, the pace of the course was intense and I put in a lot of work outside of class to keep up, but the instructional staff did an amazing job supporting everyone and making sure everyone stayed on track with the material.  There wasn't a single day that I left the class feeling clueless or lost.  The instructor and TAs were an invaluable resource during class and office hours.  Whenever I had questions about concepts that were covered during class or trouble with my homework the instructional staff were able to help me during office hours, often in a one on one setting.

I was never the most studious person.  In high school I did the bare minimum to get by and in college I often skipped classes and didn’t take them seriously.  My experience at the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp was the first educational experience that I actually enjoyed.  Everyday I looked forward to going to class, learning new things, and getting challenged by the homework.  The program did an amazing job keeping me engaged and immersed in a learning environment.  RCB gave me a passion for coding and taught me how to learn.  I’m glad I chose RCB.  From day one I’ve felt supported by the instructional staff and career services.  I highly recommend Rutgers Coding Bootcamp to anyone looking to make that jump into tech!

Friday, Sep 15 2017
    Hi Adam,

We’re glad that you chose our program, too! Congratulations on completing the course. It’s incredible to hear that you had such a positive experience in the program. We understand that the abbreviated nature of our program can make the fast-paced curriculum challenging. That is why we provide extensive student support in the form of in-person and virtual office hours, tutoring sessions, and a dedicated slack channel for more rapid assistance. It makes us proud of our team, as a whole, to hear that they were able to provide you with the support you needed during your journey.

We love helping our students to develop their passion for web development. We hope you’re proud of all of the hard work you put into learning these valuable new skills. Thank you so much for your feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Erin Levine  User Photo
    Erin Levine • Student Verified via GitHub

I'll admit, when I signed up at the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp, I was real nervous. I was scared that I wouldn't have a great support system and I would just barely survive the bootcamp. However, all those fears disappeared the second I walked into the classroom.

There, I was surrounded by great students and faculty who wanted nothing more than to create coders who were going to "crush it!"

The curriculum is intense, to say the very least, but you're learning the basic foundations that you can continue to build off of. There was no stone left unturned with the amount of information that we absorbed.

I loved coming to class every day and be surrounded by these incredibly ambitious and goal driven students. We really were a little family together. I know for a fact that all of us are going to remain in touch and be the biggest cheerleaders when it comes to finding a job.

The only thing I wish I did prior to becoming a student was code a little bit more. You can totally join the boot camp having zero coding background, but sitting down and taking basic courses on Udemy was really helpful to me. I just wish I had done more!

I absolutely recommend the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp to anyone who wants to change their lives and start a new career.

Friday, Aug 11 2017
    Thank you for your feedback, Erin. It’s great to hear that our instructors and TAs were able to provide you with the support and encouragement you needed. And, we’re thrilled that you found the curriculum to be so inclusive. Our program covers many topics in a short time period. To help ease students into the course before it begins, we do provide pre-work and encourage the use of online resources.

As you mention, the more a student prepares for the program, the easier it will be to absorb the material. This is excellent advice for future students. To help students after they have started the program, we also provide student support in the form of tutoring sessions, office hours, a dedicated slack channel and more, to provide assistance whenever needed.

It’s wonderful that you enjoyed the fellowship of other students and formed lasting connections with your peers. We strive to foster a sense of community, and encourage a collaborative atmosphere that simulates the team-oriented nature of a real-world web development position.
    Congratulations on completing the program, we wish you the best of luck moving forward.
  • Jonathan Chin  User Photo
    Jonathan Chin • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before you read, this write-up will be a bit too long, this could be a mix of review, overview and what to expect. If you're like me, were admitted to the program, had concerns and kept hunting for reviews a month before the class started, I hope this will quell fears. It's understandable if you do, its a lot of money and a huge investment, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. A lot of bootcamps expect you to quit your job to attend, but RCB is held three days a week with hours that don't interfere with typical work hours, which will be a plus for many.

I attended the program in their Jersey City satellite location. My commute was about two and a half hours on a good day with public transportation from the Bronx, but being right next to the PATH was extremely convenient.

A little background on myself, in case, if there is someone who is reading is currently in the situation that I was in before I enrolled. I studied media studies, but not too soon after graduating, I realized the job market wasn't what I was expecting it to be for the field.

I had a pretty good handle on HTML and CSS before starting the class, as I had taken a few classes on them. When it came to JavaScript and everything else, I had no idea about the technology that it took to make a website.

Before I really took to dive, I went through numerous tutorials and books to explore programming to see if it was for me. If you are highly considering programming as a career path and have no prior experience with code, I suggest the following resources (in order of quality IMO):

FreeCodeCamp
    The Odin Project
    Team Treehouse
    Udemy
    Code School
    Codecademy
    Youtube

Admissions

Rutgers Coding Bootcamp wasn't the only program I tried to get into. I've applied to a lot, and not every one of them has the same admissions process. Typically the higher-priced (or salary-based) ones have several rounds of coding tests and interviews. A lot of them were extremely daunting as they replicated the actual process of the application process for the typical programmer's position, some of them even expected applicants to know recursion, which baffled me. But applying to Rutgers was really pleasant compared to the other processes I went through. Some of them were so impersonal and demoralizing that I step away from coding for a few months.

Rutgers started with a general info session with a Trilogy rep, who gives you a run down of the program. Based on that conversation, if you are ready, the process starts and you'll have an interview with admissions. They'll take your background, interest in the program, and your experience with programming. From there you'll take an online multiple-choice assessment, and then based on your score, you'll have another interview session that's only slightly technical with a tricky logic question. It's worth noting that for every stage of the admissions process, you'll be on the phone with someone, which I did like since it added a human touch to it.

After that, it's only a few days before you get the final verdict. In all, for me, the process only took two weeks, from speaking with an information rep to getting the decision, and it was pretty painless.

The Teaching Staff

My class was led by Peleke and Matt, with Boris and Theory being the Teaching Assistants. These four are amazingly patient human beings who want nothing more than for you and your classmates to succeed. They will not only make learning code enjoyable and interesting, they will teach you how to break down concepts, remind you about the fundamentals, and inspire you to push your brain to the limit. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you do, they'll always have an answer. They are all very humble and empathetic and understand if you are having trouble picking up a concept, they'll work tirelessly with you to make sure you are comfortable with it. They will go above and beyond to make sure that your projects are ready for deployment and bug-free even if it's into the wee hours of the night.

With all of the terminologies and syntax, it's hard to get a high-level understanding of things, but with the program, you'll have plenty of practice. Each class you'll have 10 or more activities that'll make use of each tech.

But even if you are not assigned the same teaching staff I've had, fear not as Trilogy is pretty good as sourcing their staff, as they're all extremely knowledgeable and will pretty much have an answer to any question you throw at them.

Your cohort is assigned a student success manager, who is pretty much makes sure you're on track with your homework, up to snub with the material, provides info on the course and helps you get in touch with the various Trilogy Services. I haven't had to ask Kalimah for too many things, but she was always great at helping me out and informing the class of changes and anything we need to do.

The Course

The program itself is excellent. The curriculum is finely tuned and top notch. For those who are concerned with only learning the newest and "hottest" tech and afraid that what you'll learn will be outdated, have no fear. The curriculum team is constantly working on the course material, and are always adjusting to what technology is in-demand at the moment, like React JS. If somehow Vue JS becomes the next de-facto JavaScript framework, I'm sure the team will adjust the curriculum to that. At the end of my cohort, we were scheduled to spend a week (for each) on Java and Python, but React JS had picked up so much steam, we skipped those two and spent extra time on React.

24 weeks sounds like a very long time, but I didn't feel like it. Regardless of any program, DO NOT expect that you will learn the in's and out's of any programming language. That is simply not enough time to master anything, but it is enough time to get pretty good at something.

The first 2 - 3 weeks, you'll go through git and Github, with a crash course in HTML and CSS. After that, you'll get into JavaScript and jQuery. But right after that is where things pick-up with Node JS, and the course starts getting interesting. By the end of the course, you'll be comfortable with databases and frameworks like React JS.

There is a homework assignment that's due two weeks from when it was assigned. Each homework assignment deals with the tech that is learned, and you're given the option of doing assignments into difficulties, one of them being the easier to do. In total, there are three group projects which will expect you to make use of all the technology you have learned as well as incorporating anything not covered in class. These were extremely fun yet incredibly frustrating all for good reasons. They not only add to your portfolio, but help you get a sense of how to work in a team, version control, and learn project management.

Besides class time and work, there are plenty of opportunities to learn provided by Trilogy throughout the 24 weeks. They do "hackathons" on a weekly basis, typically on a Friday night where someone will teach a programming language not a part of the curriculum or go over something like React JS more in depth. These are done online with other cohorts, alumni, and teachers from other Trilogy programs around the country. They are really informative and voluntary so if you do have extra time outside of class work, I definitely recommend doing them. They are recorded so if you miss them, they are viewable once the videos are encoded and uploaded to Youtube.

I haven't had to use them, but Trilogy does provide tutoring services, so if you do find yourself struggling with class work, you can as for a 1-on-1 session and they are at no extra cost.

Career Services

Do not expect any sort of job placement from Rutgers Coding Bootcamp. From the very first day, they will iterate that they do not have any sort of job placement program in place. They had workshops on how to build your online presence, practice sessions for job interviews and webinars with industry folks. I had the impression that they were still ironing things out in their career service, which is a real shame since the curriculum is quite excellent.

While I didn't expect to be handed a job after graduation, career services left a lot to be desired. There were tons of communication breakdowns or lack of. At times there were career service webinars scheduled during work hours which a lot of people couldn't attend. They did tell us for demo day/graduation that there was going to be a few hiring managers there to connect with but none showed up. Career service was kind of a mess but they were in the middle of a revamp I guess. It would be nice if they organized meetup-like events. There are opportunities outside of class to network in the area, but it could be tough getting to recruiters and hiring managers at those.

I do hope they improve this aspect of the program.

The Takeaways

TL;DR

• The curriculum is top-notch
    • Teaching staff is great, empathetic, and patient
    • don't rely on career services
    • the program only works if you put the work in
    • be proactive, start assignments early, read up on new concepts and technology.
    • class work and homework are great at getting you comfortable with concepts and tech
    • you'll have fun learning

Overall, based on the strength of the curriculum and the material you'll learn, I can wholeheartedly recommend this program. Learning programming is very hard, and it's easy to get into the notion that it's a breeze with bootcamps promising you to be a master programming in three months. The reality is you won't come out of any bootcamp as a master developer, and you won't after completing this one. There is simply not enough time to learn everything. So with that, programming is hard and the folks at Trilogy know this. Although career service wasn't the most robust aspect, it shouldn't deter you from considering this program, you'll learn a lot and have fun doing it.

*****

If you feel that this is the program for you, or you've already been admitted and preparing to start, here are some things I suggest on doing:

PRACTICE and REPEAT: Coding isn't something you can learn by reading a book, it is HARD TO LEARN. It is imperative that you go through the motions and know why and how the tools you are using work. Every chance that I got, I was either reading a JavaScript book, working through a tutorial, creating side projects, or even watching a Youtube video. Everything helps.

GOOGLE is your best friend: Seriously, it's okay to Google, you're not expected to know everything. You may get really good with Twitter Bootstrap and never have to use to the documentation again, but that'd probably take years of useage, so feel free to have the documentation open up in another tab. When you start doing projects, a good 85% of the resources you'll be using to make those creations come to life will be from Googling, so start practicing and get better with your search engine wording.

Throw your ego into the Hudson River: Learning the fundamentals of programming is hard. There will be times where you ace a concept and other times you'll feel crushed. But if you stay humble and have a craving to learn you'll get the material.

Help your classmates out: You're all in it together, and helping your neighbors makes the experience better for everyone

Go all in on projects and homework assignments: This goes hand in hand with my repetition and practice point, the work is designed for you to grasp the tech, not doing them will be your loss. Later on, they'll serve as examples that'll go into your portfolio, so try to put as much effort as you can.

Friday, Jun 16 2017
    Hi Jonathan,

We really appreciate your detailed review! The student experience is our top priority, and feedback like this helps us improve our program. You bring up a lot of really important aspects of the course and have given excellent advice for future students.

We understand that our future students have busy lives, so we’ve streamlined our admissions process to make it as painless as possible. We’re glad you found it to be a pleasant experience. It made our team's day to read your feedback about our instructors, TAs, and the course curriculum as a whole. We pride ourselves on the dedication and passion of our team as well as our supportive learning experience. It's our mission to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need!

It's wonderful that you had an overall positive experience with the program, but we regret that the career services were not what you had hoped for. At RCB, we are constantly working to improve our processes, and we are sorry for any breakdowns in communication. As part of those efforts, we have been enhancing our offering to make sure that every student is equipped for success as they enter the job market through career coaching, workshops, interview training, and more.

Our career services do not end at graduation, so we would love to provide you with any additional support you may need at this time. Please don't hesitate to give me a call at (732) 430-2144 to talk about your needs further.