rutgers-bootcamps-logo

Rutgers Bootcamps

Jersey City, Somerset

Rutgers Bootcamps

Rutgers Bootcamps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time Data Science and financial technology (FinTech) courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

The bootcamp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. Rutgers Bootcamps empower expert instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience. Whether you choose to pursue web development or data science, over the course of our program, you’ll be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Students not only learn the fundamentals but also apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems and build portfolios.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Rutgers Bootcamps are designed for students and professionals who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a certificate from the Rutgers University Department of Continuing Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data science, or financial technology.

Rutgers Bootcamps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Rutgers Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.55

all (115) reviews for Rutgers Bootcamps →

Recent Rutgers Bootcamps News

Read all (4) articles about Rutgers Bootcamps →
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationSomerset, Jersey City
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Excel, Algorithms, Cryptocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
    LocationJersey City
    Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSomerset
    Rutgers Coding Bootcamp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSomerset, Jersey City
    Rutgers Coding Bootcamp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 Rutgers Bootcamps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Rutgers Bootcamps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Jersey City)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Somerset)
  • Gavin O'Brien  User Photo
    Gavin O'Brien • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I recently graduated from the part time Web Dev Bootcamp and I can say it was well worth the time and money. The course was incredibly substantial in many ways. Not only did it push us to learn and cooperate with our classmates, but it provided us with an amazing amount of resources to work with for future projects and career growth. A sincere thank you to the instructor, Kevin Ferguson, and the TAs Francisco Cruz, Kristen De La Rosa, Manolis Koutouzos and Josh Appel for providing the most educational, supportive, and outright enjoyable class I have ever taken.
    Monday, Mar 22 2021
    Way to go, Gavin! It's great to hear you enjoyed collaborating with your classmates and benefited from the available resources, including our instructional support. We couldn't agree more that Kevin, Francisco, Kristen, Manolis and Josh are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
    - 3/10/2021
    Rafael Rodriguez  User Photo
    Rafael Rodriguez • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    My experience with the Rutgers Data Science/Analytics bootcamp was a very rewarding and challenging process. The course will present you with a lot of tough real life scenarios that require you to think outside of the box and use the tools you just learned. However, the program provides you with an exceptional instructor and TA team along with additional resources that go above and beyond to ensure you grasp the concepts of the material. As long as you were willing to put in the work the instructing team was willing to put in the additional time with you. I can truly say this was a wonderful experience with minimal flaws but if I had to go back and change something I would suggest to touch on best practices for studying/reviewing the lessons and slightly on note-taking code. Big shout-out to my Instructor Nathan! He was great with all the lessons and had great patience with all of his students.
    Monday, Mar 15 2021
    We appreciate you sharing your bootcamp experience, Rafael! We're thrilled you found the program to be challenging but rewarding. Our team strives to enable student success, so it's great to hear this truly resonated with you. We also couldn't agree more that Nathan is pretty great. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future data science endeavors!
  • Daniel Cintron  User Photo
    Daniel Cintron • Student • Student Verified via GitHub
    Before attending the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp I was a recent graduate from Passaic County Community College with an associates in computer science.  Post graduation I had difficulty financially attending further university for a bachelors in Comp Sci, and lacked the skills many employers are looking for.  It was here I decided to enroll in the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp part time course as a means of improving my current skillset and learn the in demand skills needed for a web developer.  My biggest draw to the course were the advertised career services which this course offers in spades with demo day., career milestones, and seminars every week.

From Day  one we began coding and learning how to set up our new environment for the next six months.  I was presented with new programming languages and a new service to work with in GitHub, but in time I learned them with the help of my instructors and tutor.  Throughout the course I could turn to my instructor, teaching assistants, and assigned tutor when my own troubleshooting was failing and pick up new useful ways to tackle a problem.  They have all helped me in numerous ways such as how I code solutions to the task at hand and with how I go about debugging.

Unlike my reflections from college I can say now that I am in the final week of the course that my competence of coding has grown immensely from when I started.  While I am still nervous and excited for the future ahead I'm not leaving this program feeling lost like I did as a College grad.  To my Instructor Kevin Ferguson,  my teaching assistants Josh Appel, Manoli Koutouzos, Francisco Cruz, Kristen De La Rosa, and my student success manager Christie Nadratowski, I want to give you all a heartfelt thank you for preparing me for this road ahead.  I hope you can continue to impact the lives of future web developers who find their humble beginnings at the Rutgers Coding Bootcamp.
    Friday, Mar 05 2021
    Way to go, Daniel! We appreciate you choosing our program to improve your current knowledge base and learn in-demand web development skills. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying the curriculum and benefiting from the support of our entire instructional team. We couldn't agree more that Kevin, Josh, Manoli, Francisco, Kristen, and Christie are all fantastic. Congratulations on successfully completing the bootcamp in a few days and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Joe Dippolito  User Photo
    Joe Dippolito • Student Verified via GitHub
    So I recently graduated from this bootcamp about a month ago and after applying to over 50 entry level jobs, I am realizing that this bootcamp alone will not prepare you for a job in this field. Even if you master everything they teach you (which you won't in 12 weeks, even if you put in 40 hours of practice a week outside of class like they recommend), you will not be able to compete in the job market right after graduation. Don't get me wrong, the class course was good, the instructor and teacher assistant were good, but I was told by a recruiter before I signed up that I would have companies fighting each other to hire me after I graduate. That was a lie. In summary, I am not saying not to take the course, but if you decide to take it, make sure you are willing to continue learning long after you graduate. This course is just a first step in a long road to getting a job in this field.
    Tuesday, Feb 23 2021
    Thank you, Joe! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the program as a whole and benefited from the support of our instructional team.

Job seeking is difficult and takes hard work on the part of the student. Our professional development services are built on the principle of empowerment. While we do not secure employment for students, we do provide individualized support through technical interview training, portfolio reviews, resume/social media profile support, and more. We hope you were able to benefit from your coaching sessions and these other resources.

Congratulations on successfully graduating! We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further to see if we can provide any additional learning or career support you may need at this time. If you would like, please contact us directly at (732) 430-2144.
  • FT Coding Bootcamp
    - 11/9/2020
    Erin Platvoet  User Photo
    Erin Platvoet • Front-End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    WOW! This bootcamp was life changing, in all the best ways. The communication between admissions right off the bat is fantastic, and transparent. I knew this was going to be a challenge (I may have underestimated truly how challenging, but I made it out alive!), however, there is so much support from start to finish. From the amazing professor and TAs who dedicated so much passion, time, energy and knowledge to our class for 12 straight weeks, to our amazing Student Success Manager who was always just a message away, to the tutoring services, to career services -- I could not believe how truly supported I was throughout the entire journey. It wasn't easy, there were definitely moments were I wanted to scream at my computer or pull some hair out. BUT it was possible, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! I am so thankful that I took this step, and made a new path for myself in this new career field. I cannot wait to see what comes next!
    Friday, Nov 13 2020
    Amazing, Erin! We're thrilled to hear you had a seamless admissions process and benefited from the support of our entire bootcamp team. Like you said, this is a challenging program—one that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, but if you take advantage of all the available resources, you can succeed. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your coding endeavors.
  • Jonathan  User Photo
    Jonathan • Student Verified via GitHub
    Hi, my name is Jonathan and i attended the Rutgers Boot-camp.  The Rutgers Jersey City part-time program has a great support system. Kevin Ferguson the lead teacher is very knowledgeable and works in the field he is teaching. When i attended we had two great TA's Francisco and Kristen De La Rosa. They were always there to help; they even would respond to me on off days, not just office hours. The student success manager Christie Nadratowski, really cares about us. She would always check in on us, send funny meme's to us on slack, and most importantly, she listens and i feel she truly cares about us. The program is a bit fast paced but every class is recorded and you get to keep those when you leave and the team are always available for help. I truly recommend this course for beginners and also for those who already have experience. This course is for everyone.
    Thursday, Sep 10 2020
    Way to go, Jonathan! We're thrilled to hear you benefited from the support of our entire bootcamp team. We also have to agree that Kevin, Francisco, Kristen, and Christie are all fantastic at what they do. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced program so taking advantage of all the available resources will definitely help you stay ahead. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Andrew Bautista   User Photo
    Andrew Bautista • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I worked as a manager for a call center for about 9 years. With a wife and a child coming along during that time, it became harder financially for us, and I considered a career change, but I felt stuck at the job and didn't know how to go about it. In August of 2019 I had received a brochure on Rutgers Coding Bootcamp, and I became interested as I researched more about the industry, but I almost let it get away from me when I found that the class schedule couldn't work with my work schedule.

Come September, our office closed down and I was laid off. This ended up being both a blessing and a curse: I was out of a job, which is never easy, but it opened up the opportunity to take the jump into the Bootcamp, so I registered for the part time Full Stack program from December to June.

This was one of the most challenging and thrilling experiences I've had. I learned that I REALLY enjoy the logical process and problem solving that comes with coding, and it felt natural for me to implement. The struggles were very real, but it made the victories so much sweeter. I made a lot of good friends along the way, and despite the fact that COVID 19 came and interrupted our lives, it didn't stop me from pushing forward to finish the course. By the end, not only have I felt incredibly accomplished, but I discovered that this was something I knew I was meant to do.

For anyone taking the bootcamp, my advice is that, just like anything that we are learning for the first time, it's going to start off as a frustrating experience because no one knows anything. What's great about the bootcamp is that you will have a LOT of support: on top of your instructors and Teacher Assistants, you'll have Student Success Managers that will help guide and encourage you along the way, especially when things get tough. Tutors are available in case there's something you don't quite understand. Career Services help to make sure that by the time you're done with the bootcamp, you're ready to jump back into the job hunt. Take advantage of all of the services that are offered to you, because everyone there is working hard to see you succeed. And believe me when I say you'll feel incredible once you've overcome the challenges the bootcamp throws at you - probably the best kind of rush and excitement I've ever felt. Last but not least, don't give up - try and try and keep trying. You'll be so surprised at the progress you've made. Just know your expectations about the course - it is NOT EASY. Knowing that can help you mentally as you reach your goals.

Good luck to everyone! This was a wonderful experience for me and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to do something different in their lives.
    Tuesday, Jun 09 2020
    Thanks for sharing your bootcamp experience, Andrew! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change. Developers are problem-solvers by their very nature, so it's great to hear you enjoyed both the challenges and victories that came with the course as well as being able to make lifelong connections with your classmates.

We're truly passionate about enabling student success, so it's incredible to know that you felt accomplished having completed your studies but more so discovering that this field is something you were meant to do.

Great advice for prospective candidates — taking advantage of all the available resources and instructional support can help you master the material and stay ahead. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things in the future with your newfound skills.
  • Anon  User Photo
    Anon • Automation systems at UHG • Student Verified via GitHub
    So I took the data science course, I'll say what we were taught was some what relevant but my class specifically was always behind, eventually they replaced the professor in the middle of the program and we ended with different educators for each weekends. This put a lot of people behind, or original educator should have been replaced earlier not when we were in the middle of a new language. I ended up not showing up anymore since I had to do all the work on my own anyways. The TA's were awesome I well say. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, save your money it's not what your looking for. I ended up getting a job in automation but that's because I taught my self the information I needed, not even a language taught in class ( C+). Tldr: waste of money, better off saving that money and self learning. Wish my class could get there money back a lot ended up dropping out.
    Friday, Jan 17 2020
    Thank you for your feedback! We regret your bootcamp experience did not live up to your expectations.

From your review, we understand that you were not satisfied with the instructional support you received. Our program has an intensive, multi-part vetting process for instructors, requiring a minimum of three years' experience as an active practitioner in the tech industry — however, we understand that not all teaching styles resonate with all students. In order to ensure quality instruction, we measure our instructor success based on participant feedback, video audits of their teaching, and classroom assessments.

Like you noted, your cohort did experience an instructional change and we worked hard to ensure students would have the best tools and instruction to be successful during this time. We strived to make these changes a seamless transition, but we know instructional changes can impact the learning experience. We're glad to know you felt supported by your TAs.

It's our goal for all individuals to feel equipped and confident in their skills upon leaving our program, so we'd love to hear from you directly to see how else we can reinforce your knowledge or support your current role. If you would like, please reach out to us at (732) 430-2144.
  • Srinivasa Rao Vikram  User Photo
    Srinivasa Rao Vikram • Sr Database Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As Oracle database developer with many years of experience, I took decision to upgrade my skills with latest technologies for data analysis and machine learning. I am fully satisfied and feeling confident with my decision after completing the course. The course is perfectly designed to get full hands on with concept wise activities. In additionn to great teaching of concepts, the course is equipped with full of class actvities, home work assignment and multiple projects at various levels. I got full confidence each week of the course after the class activities and home work completion on topic that is covered during that week. As student we need an extra effort during this 24 week period to be in class and reviewing the topics each week to be in pace with course. This course really helped me a lot to apply the new technologies in my current work and gave me lot of confidence for future.
    The Instructor , Teaching Assistants ,Student Success Manager and everyone involved from enrolling to graduation day are excellent with full support and response that you need all the time. I strongly recommend this course for those who are looking for career in latest data analysis technologies. Thank you for all the staff for Great Offering that is proven as successfull programme for many students.

Friday, May 10 2019
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Srinivasa! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and were able to apply your skills in your current job role. We're truly passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to hear you found our entire team to be supportive. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your recommendation! We're rooting you on as you move forward.
  • Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Jr. Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I started the bootcamp with a vague understanding of basic Java and experience with HTML that I hadn't used in years, and three months after graduating I landed a MERN stack job making $65k/yr.

I did not really utilize the career assistance, so I can't speak to how effective or ineffective it is.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Thanks so much, Andrew! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! Best of luck on your new career path.
  • Asha  User Photo
    Asha • Web developer Verified via GitHub

I signed up to this bootcamp just in the hope of learning something new and make myself familiar with the latest technolgies but I came out with so much more. I was looking forward to each class, each homework and each project throughout the course, the curriculum is quick paced and that is what keeps us on our toes and make us give our 100%. The short deadlines, the late nights, the group projects everything was worth it. The instructors were amazing, extremely knowledgable and encouraging, the TAs always helpful, the student success managers always there to give a ear whenever we had issues. I graduated feeling a lot confident about myself and my coding abilities, I would recommend this course to anyone who is up for challenges and have a zest for learning!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    We're thrilled you enjoyed our curriculum and hands-on projects, Asha! Our entire team is passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to hear you benefited from their support and feel confident in your newfound coding abilities. Congratulations on completing the course, all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Best investment!
    - 2/21/2019
    Erica P  User Photo
    Erica P • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I entered this program very green and very nervous. I had little experience coding and was embarking on a new career in a new field. It's truly incredible all that I have learned and accomplished in six months. My instructor, tutor, and TAs were wonderful - so patient and smart - even when I felt stressed I never felt alone. I entered knowing only HTML and CSS. Now I can build a server and React app - amazing! My confidence has soared and I have made a family in my cohort that I am forever thankful for. I am excited to start my career in web development and I have the strength and support of the Rutgers Bootcamp to thank for my preparedness.

If you're thinking of registering my advice is - DO IT!

If you're enrolled my advice is - install the slack app on your phone so you're always up to date with shared resources and support, take advantage of the free tutoring, and make time to stay for office hours.

You CAN do it! And there's so much help if you need it!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Thank you, Erica! We're thrilled you feel confident in your newfound programming skills and excited about starting a new career in the field. Great advice for prospective students — it's important to take advantage of the bootcamp's resources. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in your future achievements!