rutgers-bootcamps-logo

Rutgers Bootcamps

Jersey City, New Brunswick, Somerset

Rutgers Bootcamps

Rutgers Bootcamps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time Data Science courses in Somerset and Jersey City. The full-stack web development curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. The data science curriculum covers a broad array of tools and technologies like programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. The bootcamp curriculum is designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. Rutgers Bootcamps empower expert instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience.  Whether you choose to pursue web development or data science, over the course of our program, you’ll be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Students not only learn the fundamentals but also apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems and build portfolios.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Rutgers Bootcamps are designed for students and professionals who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a certificate from the Rutgers University Department of Continuing Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data science.

Rutgers Bootcamps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Rutgers Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.53

all (106) reviews for Rutgers Bootcamps →

Recent Rutgers Bootcamps News

Read all (4) articles about Rutgers Bootcamps →
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationSomerset, Jersey City
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSomerset
    Rutgers Coding Bootcamp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSomerset, Jersey City
    Rutgers Coding Bootcamp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

• $500 Rutgers Bootcamps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Rutgers Bootcamps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Jersey City)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Somerset)
  • Jonathan  User Photo
    Jonathan • Student Verified via GitHub
    Hi, my name is Jonathan and i attended the Rutgers Boot-camp.  The Rutgers Jersey City part-time program has a great support system. Kevin Ferguson the lead teacher is very knowledgeable and works in the field he is teaching. When i attended we had two great TA's Francisco and Kristen De La Rosa. They were always there to help; they even would respond to me on off days, not just office hours. The student success manager Christie Nadratowski, really cares about us. She would always check in on us, send funny meme's to us on slack, and most importantly, she listens and i feel she truly cares about us. The program is a bit fast paced but every class is recorded and you get to keep those when you leave and the team are always available for help. I truly recommend this course for beginners and also for those who already have experience. This course is for everyone.
    Thursday, Sep 10 2020
    Way to go, Jonathan! We're thrilled to hear you benefited from the support of our entire bootcamp team. We also have to agree that Kevin, Francisco, Kristen, and Christie are all fantastic at what they do. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced program so taking advantage of all the available resources will definitely help you stay ahead. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Andrew Bautista   User Photo
    Andrew Bautista • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I worked as a manager for a call center for about 9 years. With a wife and a child coming along during that time, it became harder financially for us, and I considered a career change, but I felt stuck at the job and didn't know how to go about it. In August of 2019 I had received a brochure on Rutgers Coding Bootcamp, and I became interested as I researched more about the industry, but I almost let it get away from me when I found that the class schedule couldn't work with my work schedule.

Come September, our office closed down and I was laid off. This ended up being both a blessing and a curse: I was out of a job, which is never easy, but it opened up the opportunity to take the jump into the Bootcamp, so I registered for the part time Full Stack program from December to June.

This was one of the most challenging and thrilling experiences I've had. I learned that I REALLY enjoy the logical process and problem solving that comes with coding, and it felt natural for me to implement. The struggles were very real, but it made the victories so much sweeter. I made a lot of good friends along the way, and despite the fact that COVID 19 came and interrupted our lives, it didn't stop me from pushing forward to finish the course. By the end, not only have I felt incredibly accomplished, but I discovered that this was something I knew I was meant to do.

For anyone taking the bootcamp, my advice is that, just like anything that we are learning for the first time, it's going to start off as a frustrating experience because no one knows anything. What's great about the bootcamp is that you will have a LOT of support: on top of your instructors and Teacher Assistants, you'll have Student Success Managers that will help guide and encourage you along the way, especially when things get tough. Tutors are available in case there's something you don't quite understand. Career Services help to make sure that by the time you're done with the bootcamp, you're ready to jump back into the job hunt. Take advantage of all of the services that are offered to you, because everyone there is working hard to see you succeed. And believe me when I say you'll feel incredible once you've overcome the challenges the bootcamp throws at you - probably the best kind of rush and excitement I've ever felt. Last but not least, don't give up - try and try and keep trying. You'll be so surprised at the progress you've made. Just know your expectations about the course - it is NOT EASY. Knowing that can help you mentally as you reach your goals.

Good luck to everyone! This was a wonderful experience for me and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to do something different in their lives.
    Response From: Bootcamp Team of Rutgers Bootcamps
    Tuesday, Jun 09 2020
    Thanks for sharing your bootcamp experience, Andrew! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change. Developers are problem-solvers by their very nature, so it's great to hear you enjoyed both the challenges and victories that came with the course as well as being able to make lifelong connections with your classmates.

We're truly passionate about enabling student success, so it's incredible to know that you felt accomplished having completed your studies but more so discovering that this field is something you were meant to do.

Great advice for prospective candidates — taking advantage of all the available resources and instructional support can help you master the material and stay ahead. Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things in the future with your newfound skills.
  • Anon  User Photo
    Anon • Automation systems at UHG • Student Verified via GitHub
    So I took the data science course, I'll say what we were taught was some what relevant but my class specifically was always behind, eventually they replaced the professor in the middle of the program and we ended with different educators for each weekends. This put a lot of people behind, or original educator should have been replaced earlier not when we were in the middle of a new language. I ended up not showing up anymore since I had to do all the work on my own anyways. The TA's were awesome I well say. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, save your money it's not what your looking for. I ended up getting a job in automation but that's because I taught my self the information I needed, not even a language taught in class ( C+). Tldr: waste of money, better off saving that money and self learning. Wish my class could get there money back a lot ended up dropping out.
    Friday, Jan 17 2020
    Thank you for your feedback! We regret your bootcamp experience did not live up to your expectations.

From your review, we understand that you were not satisfied with the instructional support you received. Our program has an intensive, multi-part vetting process for instructors, requiring a minimum of three years' experience as an active practitioner in the tech industry — however, we understand that not all teaching styles resonate with all students. In order to ensure quality instruction, we measure our instructor success based on participant feedback, video audits of their teaching, and classroom assessments.

Like you noted, your cohort did experience an instructional change and we worked hard to ensure students would have the best tools and instruction to be successful during this time. We strived to make these changes a seamless transition, but we know instructional changes can impact the learning experience. We're glad to know you felt supported by your TAs.

It's our goal for all individuals to feel equipped and confident in their skills upon leaving our program, so we'd love to hear from you directly to see how else we can reinforce your knowledge or support your current role. If you would like, please reach out to us at (732) 430-2144.
  • Srinivasa Rao Vikram  User Photo
    Srinivasa Rao Vikram • Sr Database Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As Oracle database developer with many years of experience, I took decision to upgrade my skills with latest technologies for data analysis and machine learning. I am fully satisfied and feeling confident with my decision after completing the course. The course is perfectly designed to get full hands on with concept wise activities. In additionn to great teaching of concepts, the course is equipped with full of class actvities, home work assignment and multiple projects at various levels. I got full confidence each week of the course after the class activities and home work completion on topic that is covered during that week. As student we need an extra effort during this 24 week period to be in class and reviewing the topics each week to be in pace with course. This course really helped me a lot to apply the new technologies in my current work and gave me lot of confidence for future.
    The Instructor , Teaching Assistants ,Student Success Manager and everyone involved from enrolling to graduation day are excellent with full support and response that you need all the time. I strongly recommend this course for those who are looking for career in latest data analysis technologies. Thank you for all the staff for Great Offering that is proven as successfull programme for many students.

Friday, May 10 2019
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Srinivasa! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and were able to apply your skills in your current job role. We're truly passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to hear you found our entire team to be supportive. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your recommendation! We're rooting you on as you move forward.
  • Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Jr. Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I started the bootcamp with a vague understanding of basic Java and experience with HTML that I hadn't used in years, and three months after graduating I landed a MERN stack job making $65k/yr.

I did not really utilize the career assistance, so I can't speak to how effective or ineffective it is.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Thanks so much, Andrew! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! Best of luck on your new career path.
  • Asha  User Photo
    Asha • Web developer Verified via GitHub

I signed up to this bootcamp just in the hope of learning something new and make myself familiar with the latest technolgies but I came out with so much more. I was looking forward to each class, each homework and each project throughout the course, the curriculum is quick paced and that is what keeps us on our toes and make us give our 100%. The short deadlines, the late nights, the group projects everything was worth it. The instructors were amazing, extremely knowledgable and encouraging, the TAs always helpful, the student success managers always there to give a ear whenever we had issues. I graduated feeling a lot confident about myself and my coding abilities, I would recommend this course to anyone who is up for challenges and have a zest for learning!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    We're thrilled you enjoyed our curriculum and hands-on projects, Asha! Our entire team is passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to hear you benefited from their support and feel confident in your newfound coding abilities. Congratulations on completing the course, all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Best investment!
    Erica P  User Photo
    Erica P • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I entered this program very green and very nervous. I had little experience coding and was embarking on a new career in a new field. It's truly incredible all that I have learned and accomplished in six months. My instructor, tutor, and TAs were wonderful - so patient and smart - even when I felt stressed I never felt alone. I entered knowing only HTML and CSS. Now I can build a server and React app - amazing! My confidence has soared and I have made a family in my cohort that I am forever thankful for. I am excited to start my career in web development and I have the strength and support of the Rutgers Bootcamp to thank for my preparedness.

If you're thinking of registering my advice is - DO IT!

If you're enrolled my advice is - install the slack app on your phone so you're always up to date with shared resources and support, take advantage of the free tutoring, and make time to stay for office hours.

You CAN do it! And there's so much help if you need it!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Thank you, Erica! We're thrilled you feel confident in your newfound programming skills and excited about starting a new career in the field. Great advice for prospective students — it's important to take advantage of the bootcamp's resources. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in your future achievements!

• Never too late
    Ying  User Photo
    Ying Verified via GitHub

Working in HR for 6 years in different industries, interviewing hundreds of people, I think this is enough for me to understand "You'll need this in the future", "this", I mean, the developer mindset. Take a look at the "Zen of Coding", you will understand why a programmer mindset can help you in lots of ways ----whether it is a challenging software problem or “hacking” other aspects of your lives like travel planning or winning the game in Dave & Buster's or relationships.

I got a management degree (yep, not a science degree) and zero experience in coding. But all these "disadvantages" did not stop me. Because when I thought deeply about the kind of work I truly love, I realized I’m happiest when I have my head down, solving problems. And taking Rutgers Bootcamp Program is a great decision I made to help my career change. I’ve never pushed myself as a learner as much as I’ve had to in the last year. I learned:

• Languages: JavaScript, HTML, CSS, SQL.
    • Frameworks/Libraries: React.js, Node.js, jQuery, Handlebars, Express, SCSS, Responsive Design, Bootstrap.
    • Software/Engines/System/Deployment: MySQL, MongoDB, Git; Heroku, Netlify.

And most valuable part of this program is you will learn how to "learn" and how to destructing the assignments. I want to give a shout-out to instructor Alex and TAs (Andrew, Z, and Brian).

So if you’re at that career change crossroads to become a programmer, scared to take the leap—take it. It’s never going to get easier, but it will get less scary as soon as you take that first step. This program is definitely the first-step worth taking.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, Ying! We're glad to hear our program allowed you to pursue your passion and make a significant career change. We appreciate your shoutout to our instructional team — Alex, Andrew, and Brian are terrific and truly enjoy helping students navigate the course material. Thank you for your review, we commend all your hard work! All the best as you continue on your new path.
  • Chelsea Ciprich  User Photo
    Chelsea Ciprich • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Prior to taking the Bootcamp I was creating websites using Wix/shopify/weebly etc. for clients and wanted to understand more about what went into building a website and hosting the site myself. I used to dabble in code back in myspace days so when I saw Rutgers was having a part time bootcamp I jumped on the opportunity. I liked the fact that I could still work my fulltime job and attend the course.

Compared to other Bootcamps I saw online Rutgers was close to my work/home and a name I trusted. The class goes over different languages like HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, Bootstrap, ajax, MySQL and more. All of these languages will be helpful to know through my Web Dev journey and I am greatful I have had such a great experience learning the basics of these programming languages.

My professor Alex Rosenkranz and all the TAs (Brian, Z, Andrew), are always working with you and push you when you want to slack off. I had a great experience everytime I went to class.

I would (and already have) highly recommend Rutger's Coding Bootcamp to friends/family/strangers.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Thanks, Chelsea! We're happy you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and had a great classroom experience — we also think Alex, Brian, and Andrew are fantastic. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you recommending our program! We wish you all the best as you move forward.
  • Concise Feedback
    Mohammed Wardeh  User Photo
    Mohammed Wardeh • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After only 2 thirds of the bootcamp, I landed a job as a web developer at the United Nations. Many, many of my colleauges landed jobs at Amazon, Chase and became React Developers and Software Engineers at some big names companies. The support you'll receive is beyond exceptional, the materials will really prepare you to the real job market needs and demands. Excellent experience. Excellent support during and after bootcamp.

Here is a video about me that Rutgers Coding Bootcamp has done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ID0NSHBZa4&t=1s

You can receive a support from the CEO of the company, an amazing guy with intelligent outspoken and humble personality. Amazing team. I loved each and every one of them. I don't know what's amazing about them but you feel that all of these people are gathered around you for you to succeed. They push you to succeed and they go above and beyond what's needed to make sure that you are receiving a second to none quality of education.

Do you need a bootcamp?

Absolutely yes. Retooling is a must in todays day in time. Every 4-5 years you must retool and sharpen your skills to stay on top of the fast changing technology.

Can any bootcamp provide the right retooling to you?

Absolutely Not. I have done my homework very, very well before signing up to Rutgers bootcamp. I have collected data about each and every school in the NYC-Jersey region and I didn't choose Rutgers bootcamp for a random reason. I used to live in CT and I moved my entire family to Jersey to attend this very bootcamp and not any other one.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    We appreciate your review, Mohammed! We're thrilled you chose our program to sharpen your skills. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from our support, both during and after the program. Our entire team is truly passionate about helping students succeed, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and securing a new position as a web developer, we wish you the very best in all your future goals!
  • The Best Decision!
    Sharanya Banavar  User Photo
    Sharanya Banavar • Data Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took this bootcamp six months after getting my undergraduate degree in Mathematics because I didn't have the skills I needed to the job I wanted. This was after declaring that I wouldn't go back to school for at least 2 years! I am so happy I went back on that declaration! The six months that I spend learning coding were so fun! I learnt so much and had a phenomenal support team. The skills I learnt in the bootcamp help me greatly in my current job (which I absolutely love doing!) and I'm so thankful to my instructor and my TAs for all the help they provided me!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, Sharanya! We're thrilled you chose our program to further develop your skills in your current job role. Our entire team is passionate about what they do, so we're glad to hear you benefited from their support. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best as you move forward.
  • Richard Debrah  User Photo
    Richard Debrah • Data Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was looking for a career change and decided to go into programming after my research in many career options. Rutgers Coding Bootcamp had the best learning and career pathways and i do not regret a dime i spent with them.
    My instructor was the best and so are the other instructors.. They all have an open door policy and with a great learning and teaching environment so you do not feel left out. I learnt so much and when it came to opportunities they offered it to me as it came.
    They provide you the materials and the rest is for you to work hard to put it together. That encouraged me a lot and boost my confidence to. They have internal opportunities such as teaching assistants and tutoring that helped individuals like me to return a teaching and learning favor to others.
    I owe my knowledge and current job to the career services team who provided me with the tools i need to succeed on the job market whether looking for a job or going through an interview process.

Tuesday, Oct 23 2018
    Thank you so much, Richard! We are thrilled you had such a great boot camp experience and were constantly encouraged by our entire team. We are truly passionate about enabling student success, so feedback like yours truly makes all our hard work worthwhile. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course and on your new job role! We wish you all the best in your future goals.