rutgers-bootcamps-logo

Rutgers Bootcamps

Jersey City, Somerset

Rutgers Bootcamps

Rutgers Bootcamps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time Data Science and financial technology (FinTech) courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

The bootcamp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. Rutgers Bootcamps empower expert instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience. Whether you choose to pursue web development or data science, over the course of our program, you’ll be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Students not only learn the fundamentals but also apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems and build portfolios.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Rutgers Bootcamps are designed for students and professionals who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a certificate from the Rutgers University Department of Continuing Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data science, or financial technology.

Rutgers Bootcamps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Rutgers Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.57

all (133) reviews for Rutgers Bootcamps →

Recent Rutgers Bootcamps News

Read all (5) articles about Rutgers Bootcamps →
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationJersey City, Somerset
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Algorithms, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Excel, Machine Learning, Python, SQL
    LocationJersey City
    Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationSomerset
    Rutgers Coding Bootcamp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, React.js, jQuery
    LocationSomerset, Jersey City
    Rutgers Coding Bootcamp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 Rutgers Bootcamps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Rutgers Bootcamps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Jersey City)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Somerset)
  • Uttam Kumar  User Photo
    Uttam Kumar • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Excellent course for one who wants to try career in Data Science and Analytics, even experience and wants to change career to data engineering world, Course designed in very practical way, easy to understand and implement in real time scenarios.  Only advice to Data Scientist enthusiast is, this course is very fast, in 6 month a lot to know, you got to keep the pace and continue practice, Good Luck and keep learning.
    Friday, May 06 2022
    Way to go, Uttam! We're thrilled you had a positive bootcamp experience and appreciate your recommendation. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced program but if you truly dedicate yourself to your studies and practice regularly you can succeed. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all that you do.
    - 3/31/2022
    Zeniah Sloan  User Photo
    Zeniah Sloan • Data Center Technician • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Data science boot camp at Rutgers University was an excellent experience, one that I will never forget. When I started the program, I knew nothing about data science or data analytics. I was familiar with the technology used such as PostgreSQL, Python, along with the other programming languages that are used in data science. however, I didn’t know about all the tools the combine that make data science work. Fortunately for me, I registered for data science boot camp at Rutgers, the program provided the necessary skills to start a career as data scientist or data analytics professional. With the homework assignments and projects done and posted to my GIT hub account I now have a portfolio that I can showcase with pride to potential employers. The Rutgers University data science boot camp was a good choice for me one that I would recommend to other boot camp seekers. With all the programming languages combined with the machine learning and big data technology thought, as a graduate of the Rutgers data science boot camp I am now marketable to move into a data science career path.

Friday, Apr 01 2022
    Amazing, Zeniah! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of data science. We're happy you benefited from the projects and were able to create your own impressive professional portfolio. Congratulations on completing the bootcamp, we truly appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
    - 3/31/2022
    Rasaq  User Photo
    Rasaq • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Awesome way of teaching, I appreciate all the TAs involved.
    Friday, Apr 01 2022
    Thanks, Rasaq! We're glad you enjoyed the support from our instructional team. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future data endeavors!
    - 3/30/2022
    Julia Becker  User Photo
    Julia Becker • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    First thing that comes to mind when I think of this course is "Wow! I can't believe I learned all of that in 6 months!". The course was challenging, but not overly hard. I do not come from a Data background (I'm an accountant), and most of the processes/systems were completely new to me. I recently completed my MBA in Quantitative Analysis and needed some experience working in the programs that were used in this course. This is a very fast paced program that does require 100% effort, but if you are willing to invest in yourself, you should give it your all anyway. The instructor and the TA staff were phenomenal, and really help make sure you understand the material. I really feel that if I can do it anyone can.
    Friday, Apr 01 2022
     We appreciate you sharing your bootcamp experience, Julia! Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous program but if you're willing to stay dedicated to your studies you can succeed. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on completing the course and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    - 11/22/2021
    Kate  User Photo
    Kate • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was an amazing experince for me! I learned a lot and wanted move forward in this field. The instructor and TAs were great! Thank you for your amazing lectures and thank you for being so supportive during the bootcamp!
    Monday, Nov 29 2021
    Thank you, Kate! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and had a positive bootcamp experience. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your future endeavors!
    - 11/17/2021
    shuchi khandelwal  User Photo
    shuchi khandelwal Verified via GitHub
    It is really an awesome program to know about the concepts of Data Science. I feel, this was the best decision i made to study this course.Instructional staff, TA's, Support staff all come together to help you in every possible way. This course will change your life as it has mine.
    Friday, Nov 19 2021
    Incredible, Shuchi! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and felt supported by our entire bootcamp team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Bootcamp Review
    - 10/24/2021
    Lukas Roberson  User Photo
    Lukas Roberson • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Overall the experience of taking the full stack course was an enjoyable one. It was overwhelming at first but as I got into the course I started to feel more comfortable. The instructors are very informative and helpful and will do anything within their power to help you succeed. The tutors were phenomenal with answering all the questions I had and would even make additional time for me to get assistance if needed. Overall all the staff at this bootcamp is super supportive and will do anything to make sure you succeed. I can fully recommend taking these courses if you are looking for a change of pace in your life.
    Wednesday, Oct 27 2021
    Amazing, Lukas! We pride ourselves on providing students with the full range of support needed to succeed in the program, so we're glad that you benefited from your instructors and tutors. We wish you all the best moving forward!
  • Tim Weir  User Photo
    Tim Weir • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience in the Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp has been fantastic but successful completion in any bootcamp environment (mine was part-time) requires sacrifice.  These folks aren't kidding when they tell you you'll need to dedicate between 10 and 20 hours each week outside of class time but don't let that scare you!  This is worth the investment.

THE GOOD
    One thing I noticed early on, and consistently throughout the duration, was the caliber of instructors in the program.  My instructors (Vikas and Arin) foster a great learning environment by starting with caring about my success.  And boy did I have questions!  Both instructors were infinitely patient with my granular questions, I learn best by doing so I SQ3R'd everything (essentially rinse & repeat).  Additionally, it's clear that the instructors are professionals in their fields who draw from a wealth of experience.  They helped me to connect what appeared to be unrelated concepts resulting in deeper understandings.

The second thing is the out-of-class support.  Tutoring and Student Success Managers in particular.  Christie (my student success manager) was kind and helpful, in the last third of the class I had to move out of my home.  Christie presented me with options, including extra tutoring, focused on ensuring my ability to complete the program on time.

The topics covered opened a world to me that I hadn't imagined before.  Understanding how data can be transformed and presented is going to help me evolve my career.  Additionally, the instructors provided TONS of reference material which is useful for assignments.

THE BAD
    The only genuine criticism I have for the bootcamp is the breakneck pace.  My learning style requires more time to practice concepts and test new ideas.  I spent many a late-night tweaking code (mostly in Python) to get the output just right.

One of my frustrations is the many programming environments lead to syntax confusion.  Coding { } vs. [ ] vs. ( ) and "tothis" vs. "to_this".  This is not a flaw with the bootcamp program but just the nature of programming languages.

THE UGLY
    As the old saying goes, there is never enough time.  If you consider this program, you must accept making the long-term decision to spend all your time dedicated to success in this program for the duration.  I spent a great deal of time running different versions of code to achieve the results I desired.  You'll need a GSD (Get Stuff Done) mentality to get the most out of this program.

Additionally, this meant missing family dinners, sporting events, and summer events that had become second nature.  Also, needing help with all of the day-to-day essentials of maintaining a life/household.

FINAL THOUGHTS
    If you're looking to master the myriad of concepts from this program, resign yourself to years for continuing skills development.  You can get hired straight out of the bootcamp, no doubt!  And it's the beginning of this adventure!  Prepare yourself for a new challenges and struggles.  You can do it and you won't have to do it alone.

=====================================================================================================

TLDR
    This is a big and difficult challenge but it is doable.   If you are a novice (like I was) this is a great way to focus and make huge gains in skill and understanding.  But the significant sacrifice of time is worth it.  If you want to grow your skills or change your career, you can but you have to earn it.   Clear your social calendar!
    Tuesday, Jul 20 2021
    We appreciate your review, Tim! Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous program one that will require extensive time and commitment to mastering the material covered. We're glad you benefited from the support of our entire team and couldn't agree more that Vikas, Arin, and Christie are pretty amazing.

You're definitely right that the bootcamp is fast-paced and we understand that everyone's learning style can be different. As such, we truly value your input as we're constantly optimizing our course offerings.

Congratulations on successfully graduating, we're rooting you on in all that you do!
  • Isabella  User Photo
    Isabella • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    After multiple "No" responses from employers and again receiving a "No" from an employer on a Friday after a long week, I signed up last minute to the Data Analysis Bootcamp at Rutgers.  Probably one of my craziest, last minute, decisions to date but I was depressed about my job prospects and hating my current job, so I needed something to help move me forward.  The class started on a Tuesday, so I had exactly the weekend to decide, sign-up, and pay for the class.

After the first week I wanted to quit.  Not so much because the class was awful, or the instructor was terrible but the sheer force that the information came to you was intense.  At least the first week was not too difficult since I used Excel regularly.  But then a light switched the moment we moved into Python.  I never learned python or any coding.  I was a biology-chemistry major many years ago when I attended University. It was tough.  The syntax mistakes and the late nights dragged on.  I would love to say that the class got easier as time progressed, but it did not.  Each week there is a new topic so the moment you have one topic you get challenged again by learning something completely new.

At the beginning, they said to regularly reach out to the tutor etc.  I only used my tutor twice for the whole period because my time between work and class was not very flexible and I found myself working out issues late at night.  You Tube will become your friend.  You will become a google master to find that one piece of code that is giving you issues.  You will become angry and upset, maybe to the point of screaming and wanting to throw your computer.  But when you figure something out, that has been bugging you for days, those eureka moments will be worth it!

If you are interested in this course, I would suggest taking a basic course on python or a beginner’s course on data analysis to start.  I went in completely new, and I spent a lot of time outside of class getting up to speed.  I did try python several years ago but did not commit so did not get far. Trust me, you will be much happier in the course having some basic coding under your belt.  There are several online options available for this and even things you can do on your own.

The second item to consider is how much time do you have between work and family life? Are you willing to commit 10 hours for class time during the week with an additional 15+ hours outside of that?  Maybe you know some coding already so it may not take you this long.  It did for me. This is something to consider.

Third item and most important in my opinion is how committed will you be?  You will be tired, you will work long hours every week, you will not have a full weekend, and you will want to quit at times.  Think of this class as running a marathon, one foot in front of the other for 21.6 miles. If you are an endurance kind of person, you will make it through this class.  Make a commitment to yourself and then tell your family that you will need assistance around the house. You will need your family on board with this because it is a tremendous time commitment.  I told my Fiancé at the beginning that for the next 6 months we will be homebodies and my time would be divided between work and class work.  He did help with making dinner etc. when I was working on project or other times when I was super busy.  This was a huge help and something you only realize while you are busy.
    Either way, I made it.  I did move jobs right in the middle of this course.  It is not in data, but I have used the skills learned in this course and already applied them to my new role.  Would I take it again?  I would with a foundation before the course.  It would have been less grueling and more enjoyable for me.

The best part about the course is that there are TONS of resources for you provided by Rutgers from career help and class help. The tutors are great.  The instructors have the patience of a saint and will help you.  You will also learn from other students and collaborate on projects.

So, I will leave you with this, if you are committed, if you have the time, and if you want to learn many things in data that you otherwise would not know, take this course.  But you must be 100% in. When things get tough you will need to remember WHY you started this and continue to commit to yourself throughout the course.  At the end, you WILL have a sense of accomplishment and if you are looking for a career change you will have a great foundation and the ability to build on that.  Good luck to you when you decide to take this course.  It WILL be worth it in the end!

Sunday, Jul 18 2021
    Thank you for sharing your bootcamp experience, Isabella! We're thrilled you decided to take the plunge and learn a new skill set. This is a fast-paced and challenging program, one that covers a wide range of technologies. Like you mentioned, it will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom to master the topics covered, so we're glad you not only took advantage of all the available resources but also experienced the immense satisfaction of solving problems and having your own eureka moment.

Great advice for prospective students—deciding if you're truly committed to embarking on a rigorous learning journey will help set you up for success. We look forward to helping you complete the bootcamp and wish you all the best moving forward!
  • GOOOD PROGRAM
    - 4/13/2021
    sp  User Photo
    sp • Student Verified via GitHub
    This program does exactly what they say. It is a little fast-paced but if you have a SOLID background in programing specifically
    Javascript You will find this course to provide you with all the needed tools to make it in the software industry. Professor Han is a top-notch instructor Who can easily navigate code and provide you with any solution you may face in the Mern stack. But let's not forget about our TA Manoli who will push you to new limits that you never thought you would be able to reach. I would say Professor Han and Manoli are polar opposites but that makes them the dynamic duo I really have nothing bad to say about the program because if you can survive this then you can make it in any FAANG Company and reach the goals you are trying to attain. Put it like this only do this if you have a passion for tech problem solving or critical thinking. This is for the weak-hearted or the people who feel like they shouldn't have to google answers for all the problems they will face while coding. Oh, I almost forgot You have got to use AskBCS and The tutor(Ricardo) that the program provides are the best and are also just another asset to getting you to fully understand and grasp the content in front of you I love the program and do not regret it at all. if you see shakey reviews honestly those are from ppl who just need to have their hand held the whole time throughout the program I loved every minute of it. Another thing apply apply apply for work on your resume and portfolio and make sure your projects area looking somewhat decent and I'm telling you to put in the work to get them there don't be afraid of not working for this cause this isn't easy career services is helpful but still, you have to be proactive.
    Monday, Apr 19 2021
    Amazing, sp! Like you noted, this is a fast-paced program that will require extensive hard work and critical thinking. Great job on taking advantage of all the available resources including seeking help from our entire bootcamp team—we couldn't agree more that Han, Manoli, and Ricardo are pretty fantastic. We appreciate your helpful advice to prospective students on continuing to apply to jobs and ensuring your projects are ready to go. Congratulations on completing the course in a few days and thank you for your review! All the best in your future coding endeavors.
  • Gavin O'Brien  User Photo
    Gavin O'Brien • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I recently graduated from the part time Web Dev Bootcamp and I can say it was well worth the time and money. The course was incredibly substantial in many ways. Not only did it push us to learn and cooperate with our classmates, but it provided us with an amazing amount of resources to work with for future projects and career growth. A sincere thank you to the instructor, Kevin Ferguson, and the TAs Francisco Cruz, Kristen De La Rosa, Manolis Koutouzos and Josh Appel for providing the most educational, supportive, and outright enjoyable class I have ever taken.
    Monday, Mar 22 2021
    Way to go, Gavin! It's great to hear you enjoyed collaborating with your classmates and benefited from the available resources, including our instructional support. We couldn't agree more that Kevin, Francisco, Kristen, Manolis and Josh are all pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
    - 3/10/2021
    Rafael Rodriguez  User Photo
    Rafael Rodriguez • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    My experience with the Rutgers Data Science/Analytics bootcamp was a very rewarding and challenging process. The course will present you with a lot of tough real life scenarios that require you to think outside of the box and use the tools you just learned. However, the program provides you with an exceptional instructor and TA team along with additional resources that go above and beyond to ensure you grasp the concepts of the material. As long as you were willing to put in the work the instructing team was willing to put in the additional time with you. I can truly say this was a wonderful experience with minimal flaws but if I had to go back and change something I would suggest to touch on best practices for studying/reviewing the lessons and slightly on note-taking code. Big shout-out to my Instructor Nathan! He was great with all the lessons and had great patience with all of his students.
    Monday, Mar 15 2021
    We appreciate you sharing your bootcamp experience, Rafael! We're thrilled you found the program to be challenging but rewarding. Our team strives to enable student success, so it's great to hear this truly resonated with you. We also couldn't agree more that Nathan is pretty great. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future data science endeavors!