rmotr-logo

RMOTR

RMOTR

RMOTR school offers 4-month online Python web development and data science bootcamps. Students interact with teachers, mentors, and classmates remotely and are equipped with the skills to land a new role in tech with the help of RMOTR career advisors. Trainings include a clear and curated path for the curriculum, scheduled live sessions, and mentor support every week to keep students accountable. Students also participate in creating well-thought, real-life projects to build their own portfolio, and much more.

Prospective students can try full-featured access to a course for free during the whole first week of training (which includes 2 live classes). Students can unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked.

Recent RMOTR Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (137) reviews for RMOTR →

Recent RMOTR News

• Data Science with Python

A fully remote course, but with two LIVE classes per week + unlimited mentorship. Learn to use Python to automate every mundane task and perform data analysis with the most popular tools and libraries: Pandas, Matplotlib, Bokeh, Scrapy, etc. It's a 3-month course, led by a real instructor, meeting two times per week in live classes to help keep yourself accountable. Our course is highly practical, you won't learn just Python, but to interact with the whole environment: git, github, test driven developments, deployments, code reviews, etc.
    DepositTRY FOR FREE
    Monthly payments available.
    Tuition PlansMonthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic python skills
    Prep WorkAll the prep work is provided by us.
  • Web Development with Django

MySQL, MongoDB, Git, Django, CSS, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL, Python
    Our "Web Development with Django" course is great for Python developers that are willing to get a job as Web developers or want to create their our products/startups. You will start with a quick overview of all the Django concepts, and jump directly into the most advanced features of the framework. We dedicate a big part of the course to teach you about HTTP concepts, MVC frameworks and RESTful architectures. You will be writing an entire RESTful API using the well know "django-rest-framework" library. The program aims to teach you things that you won't find in most of the common resources, like: good practices based on experience, conventions, most used tools, building reusable Django apps and uploading them to pypi, deploying your Django app or API, etc.
    DepositTRY FOR FREE
    Monthly: $349. Pay as you go.
    Tuition PlansMonthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic python skills
    Prep WorkWe provide the required prep work.
  • Fadoua Baouab • Student

Worked on real projects. Each one of them handled a specific a problem which covered up a great number of computer science notions. Mentors where always available to help with anything. Also, you get to meet great people through the program!

The advanced course is a bit intense but it's worth it!

• Lakshmi Srivalli Kristam • Student

What I liked the most were the coding sessions in group.

I would propose instead of having 3 group coding sessions, to have 2 group + 1 individual coding sessions

• Anne Chepkeitany • Student

I loved the coding sessions: really challenging but interesting.

However, there was too much to learn at a time, not easy to grasp everything all at once.

• Rudo Terry • Student

I liked the rapid gains in programming ability I got during the course time.

On c9 environment, sometimes difficult to see output from function. Maybe give more direction given to add tests in testing framework to assist?

• Austin Green • Student

I felt compelled to attend all the sessions (I don't know why) even though there wasn't a grade.

I think some of the class materials could be introduced in a different order. But at the same time, I was behind on reading. So take w/ a grain of salt.

• Daniel Williams • Student

I really enjoyed the team feel of the entire class. Everyone played well together and it was great.

I can't say that there was anything I did not like. Everything worked REALLY well. I have even recommended the intro course to a few of my workmates.

• Keat • Student

Great mentors and the projects.

Team members have very different skills and experience, sometimes one person does 98% of the coding and the other just fixing syntax.

• Chris Holder • Student

One of the things I liked the most were the group assignments on Thursday and Sat.

There were some large jumps/changes in difficulty. The Cached Calculator is a good example of this. My group rolled through the first few assignments in about 30 minutes, but it took 2 hours with a mentor to push through it. There were a few other 'jumps' in difficulty, that it seemed could be bridged with either additional lessons or explanation.

• Enlightening
    - 4/24/2017
    Eric • Student

I really liked the friendly and encouraging environment the Instructors and Mentors created for us.

• Jordan • Student

Class covered topics thoroughly and helped me learn when and how to use functions, classes, iterators, etc.

I think you could extend the week 3 stuff a little and shorten the time spent on week 4. I think the week 4 material could be done in 3 or 4 days instead of the whole week, especially since classes are more of a focus for the advanced class.

• Leah Denham • Student

The instructors were responsive and personable. They actually cared if we understood lessons no matter what level we came into the class as.