rmotr-logo

RMOTR

RMOTR

RMOTR school offers 4-month online Python web development and data science bootcamps. Students interact with teachers, mentors, and classmates remotely and are equipped with the skills to land a new role in tech with the help of RMOTR career advisors. Trainings include a clear and curated path for the curriculum, scheduled live sessions, and mentor support every week to keep students accountable. Students also participate in creating well-thought, real-life projects to build their own portfolio, and much more.

Prospective students can try full-featured access to a course for free during the whole first week of training (which includes 2 live classes). Students can unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked.

Recent RMOTR Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (136) reviews for RMOTR →

Recent RMOTR News

• Data Science with Python

Rolling Start Date
    $349
    A fully remote course, but with two LIVE classes per week + unlimited mentorship. Learn to use Python to automate every mundane task and perform data analysis with the most popular tools and libraries: Pandas, Matplotlib, Bokeh, Scrapy, etc. It's a 3-month course, led by a real instructor, meeting two times per week in live classes to help keep yourself accountable. Our course is highly practical, you won't learn just Python, but to interact with the whole environment: git, github, test driven developments, deployments, code reviews, etc.
    TRY FOR FREE
    Monthly payments available.
    Monthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
    Basic python skills
    All the prep work is provided by us.
    Interview
  • Web Development with Django

MySQL, MongoDB, Git, Python, Django, SQL, CSS, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms
    $349
    Our "Web Development with Django" course is great for Python developers that are willing to get a job as Web developers or want to create their our products/startups. You will start with a quick overview of all the Django concepts, and jump directly into the most advanced features of the framework. We dedicate a big part of the course to teach you about HTTP concepts, MVC frameworks and RESTful architectures. You will be writing an entire RESTful API using the well know "django-rest-framework" library. The program aims to teach you things that you won't find in most of the common resources, like: good practices based on experience, conventions, most used tools, building reusable Django apps and uploading them to pypi, deploying your Django app or API, etc.
    TRY FOR FREE
    Monthly: $349. Pay as you go.
    Monthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
    Basic python skills
    We provide the required prep work.
    Interview

• I loved it!
    - 3/23/2017
    Beth West • Student

I loved how willing everyone was to help each other and the sense of humor/light mood from the lectures and mentors. I liked the curriculum layout and design. I liked the tools I received and the chapter breakouts. I felt stretched, but not in an overwhelming way as I did with previous python tools I was using. I also like the fact I have access to the student center after the class to catch up with concepts I need repetition on.

• Viet Pham • Student

The people are all friendly and fun to work with. A lot of self-motivated people with similar goals all working hard and helping each other out.

If you're thinking about getting started with Python and 1) Want to learn from home, 2) Don't want to learn all by yourself, then this is the perfect course for you.

As of writing this, I am enrolled and taking the next step with the Advanced Python course.

• Tara Streng • Student

Really appreciated how willing Santiago and the mentors were to always help. Jason always went above and beyond to spend time with my groups when we were struggling. It was nice to feel supported by the mentors despite being not as strong of a student!

I thought it was a great class! This isnt a dislike but probably something I wish I would have done differently. I think it could have been helpful to read the readings from the hw before each week's class instead of after though, to have an intro to some of the topics before they were discussed and then assigned for hw.

• Emanuel Garcia • Student

Jason is a great mentor! He's your money guy and he should be at the forefront of all your efforts.

Martin kinda didn't realize Tara and I were struggling. No biggie. Next time, he should not put the two people who admitted to having difficulty on the previous assignment together as a team. Other than that. He was great

• Wonderful!
    - 3/21/2017
    Irene • Student

I really valued RMOTR's synchronous online learning environment & supportive mentors and peers. My motivation comes from working with others and meeting like-minded learners from various walks of life (and various skill levels). RMOTR taps into this in a way that other online programs don't. RMOTR's interest in decreasing gender barriers and increasing the groups represented in their courses rocks too! I am really grateful to have had the opportunity to learn through RMOTR.

• Colin O'Brien • Student

I loved the class structure and keeping us accountable.

Personally I felt like I needed more gradual examples to work with, sometimes the jump in content was too much for me and I was never really sure what information was important enough to write down.

• Abayomi Koyejo • Student

What I really like was was working on real life projects during Coding Sessions. Mentors always available to help

• Louise • Student

I like the format of one class a week, lots of in-depth reading and basic assignments on Learn, then group coding exercises twice a week. I found the assignments to be incredibly helpful in actually teaching me how to use things from the classes and Learn. I also felt like I could reach out at any time for help from any of the instructors, mentors, and classmates.

Personally, it was just hard to always be able to fit shared coding time into my busy schedule, but that's my problem. If I took another course I'd try to clear my schedule more.

• Fadoua • Student

The mentors are very nice and cheerful, always available for help. I also loved working with people from all over the world.

• Petter D. • Graduate

I recently finished the Introduction to Python programming course put on by Rmotr. Coming into the course I hadspent some time familiarizing myself with the Python language through various interactive resourrces, but they all fell short when it came to learn how to actually problem solve with programming. It's a very different thing to follow a step by step process where all you have to figure out is syntax (like it's done in Codecademy etc...), compared to be given liberty to chose your own method to solve a problem. This is where Rmotr's teaching method really shines. They will let you lose to solve exercises along with your team mates, but follow up on you the moment you get stuck. This makes for a very efficient learning process where you gain confidence while not wasting your time beating your head against difficult problems.

As for the curriculum, there are essentially three separate parts: 2 hours of classroom/ lecture time each week, independent programming exercises and readings through an e-learning platform, and 2-3 group programming sessions of longer, comprehensive projects each week. The instructors are well-informed and clarify many difficult concepts in the lectures, but the real gem here are the group sessions. Working with other team members ensure that you actually communicate the programming concepts, which really help you tink on your feet and reinforces what you've learned.

The course is also a great intoduction to collaborative tools such as Github, Slack and the Cloud9 online IDE, and it has taught me lot about how to effectively work with others remotely.

Overall, expect for a fairly hectic 4 weeks of programming, but when you are finished you will have gone from being a newbie to being someone who can use programming to solve real-life problems. It really is a great value and I highly recommend this to those interested in learning Python programming!

• Patrick M. • Student

RMOTR provides a well structured blend of individual and group learning.  A typical week consists of 1 pure instruction/overview session, 3 group project sessions, and individual learning comprised of readings and exercises.  At all times either an instructor or mentor is available to provide one-on-one assistance... that alone justifies taking their courses.  Moreso, they emphasize real-world applicability over rote memorization or follow-the-leader.  Python may be the tool, but the focus is on programming irrespective of the language used. All projects are guided by test driven development and must comply to multiple standards of Python, further reflecting a real use approach.

I found the Intro course fruitful enough to roll directly into the Advanced course which, while considerably more work, is also mirroring my positive experience of the Intro class.

• Daniel Lee • Graduate

Pretty much exactly what I was looking and hoping for. The course provides an excellent mix of reading references, live instruction, challenging projects, and similarly-minded students. There is a TON of reading to work through; one might not be able to absorb everything in a single pass nor within the time frame from week to week, but every bit is worthwhile (and helpful in the long run).

The instructors are clearly knowledgeable, willing to help without simply giving away answers, honest, and strive to communicate clearly. Their guidance through the class sessions, projects, and direct messaging is invaluable. in addition to learning more about Python, this course provides some exposure to helpful tools such as Git and Cloud9. The group projects are where the rubber meets the road, and some of that rubber might be burning before you take off.

This is a course definitely designed in a way where the time and effort you put in will make all the difference. Make sure you have enough time and energy to maximize your learning experience.

• Dustin Rogers

The course has a nice diversity of individual and group work with the an ever present staff to answer any questions.  So whether it is with peers you are working with or the teachers, you always have someone helping you.

• Kekoa • Graduate

I just completed RMOTR's 4 week Advanced Python course (Oct - Nov 2016). I actually attempted to take the previous session in September, but found out quickly I was not ready due to not truely understanding the basics. Although there is a short quiz to demonstrate that you have the knowledge to qualify, be aware that this is the bare minimum. If you want to succeed, you should have a very solid foundation in Python. Despite feeling unprepared, Santiago, one of the co-founders, was extremely understanding and encouraging. He let me take the next session without any penalty, and even said I could continue with the current session.

However, I did decide to drop out after the first week to go back to the basics to really hone my skills, and it was well worth it.  The true value of this course is being able to code with others on interesting, difficult projects. Most of the class learning materials can be found freely online, so if you're looking for a course to hold your hand through learning new concepts, this is not for you. With that being said, the course instructors are more than willing to help you with anything questions you have.

The most important things that I took away besides new concepts, was how progammers actually code. As an amateur, it was insightful to see the tools and strategies that professionals use on a daily basis. Moreover, it was great to see how different people approach problems. While there is obviously bad code, the number of good ways to the solution surprised me. Everyone is expected to review other's code, and you'll learn a ton this way.

They say that you need 20hrs/week, but for me it was full time. If you have a very talented team, then you may get the projects done in the 3 hour time, but for most projects, I was coding for 5+ hours the first night, and then maybe another 3-5 the next day. Additionally, you are expected to learn the next week of material. So if you're an amateur like me and have a lot of time constraints, you will have trouble keeping up.

The teams were pretty good. Sometimes you get people that are excellent, some are okay, and some are baffling - just like in real life. Sometimes you will have a teammate that is in a very different timezone, so you may have to meet in the middle of the night to make it work. This is the inherent difficulty of having a remote course, but in general, the pros far outweight the cons.

Overall, this course propelled me to a new level of knowledge and skills I never would have gotten to if I had just learned on my own. I highly recommend it if you have a solid foundation of Python already, are looking to code like the pros, and don't have a lot of time constraints. The instructors are top notch, the projects are super interesting, and the curriculum covers all the best advanced concepts of Python. You won't regret it.

• Josh K. • Graduate

Rmotr helped me go from stuggling to learn the basics on my own,- to understanding the basics of Python, and preparing me for a wounderful future of Python programming. I truly mean it when I say that taking this class has changed my life. I feel ready to get into the deeper more complex things Python has to offer, and their whole team helped me to get here.

This was the best experience I've EVER had learning how to program in any language. The RMOTR team honestly did everything abolutely perfect. Class on Wednesday, and 3 group projects spaced out untill the next class, plus the assignments on the learn platform.

The amount of programming that they have you do considering the fact I took the Introduction course was suprising, and it helped me to be able to put everything they were talking about in class together into a functioning piece of code. We worked on real projects that could have even been used in the real world. We even learned test driven deployment since day one. They really wanted us to understand test driven deployment, and they explained everything about it really well to us. Rmotr isnt just showing people how to become developers, they are showing people how to become good developers.

They flawlessly execute the classes and beautifully explain everything, always giving everyone the chance to ask a question at any time.

They also don't JUST teach you the basics of Python, we learned how to do things like use Github -Fork Repo's, Clone/Download them on Cloud9, Set up a virtualenv in Cloud9, use pip to install dependencies, commit our changes, and push our changes to Github. Also, the group projects teach you how to work in a group, coding with another person.. As a beginner this is hard to do because if you dont fully understand all of the concepts yet it may be hard for you to explain why you should do something a certain way to your partner. As time goes on this gets a whole lot easier and teaches you a valuable lesson, teamwork.

Another thing to note, the general atmosphere of the Slack channels, and conferences is like we've all been friends for a few years. Everyone is very respectful, and friendly. The teachers and mentors are always there to help, and I found that so are your fellow classmates; Everyone works together to help eachother grow and understand everything as best they can.

I truly thank RMOTR for this wonderful experience.

• INCREDIBLY Helpful
    Nikola Jankovic • Graduate

One of the biggest challanges I've had with learning a new programming language outside of university hasn't so much been the actual learning as it has figuring out what to learn next. So, much of the time is spent figuring out what to study and where to find the material rather than actually studtying. This is where the RMOTR course really shines. It can be really intimidating to learn an advanced topic when all the content you're unsure of exists in one big bubble in your head and you're not sure where to begin. This course really helps with that and I can't say enough about it.

The syllabus is well designed and allows you to pick up difficult topics quickly because they're taught in a logical manner; most weeks call for use of material previously learned.

The readings assigned are incredibly helpful and detailed. The min-assignments that apply the readings are also very helpful and allow you to get comfortable with a subject before the class/assignments.

And the methods Santiago and Martin use to teach the course are exactly what I hoped for. They progressivly challange you more and more but offer their support whenever you need it.

If you're looking into this course and considering taking it I would highly suggest it. I can't say enough about it or the guys behind it.

• Great course
    Stéphan Gouin

Be warned, it takes a lot of self commitment. Courses are like a part-time bootcamp. You will work hard, you will learn a lot, and you'll be proud at the end. I totally recommend Rmotr courses. Teachers (that are more like Mentors) are very friendly and helpful. Also, the community is great. Even after the course is finished, you'll still have access to those people that can help you in your own projects. DO IT!

• Amazing Course
    Delio Castillo • Database Administrator • Student

The advance python course is excellent for learning the stuff that other courses decide to overlook. This course covers the correct way of developing real world applications using the tools that can help you to be an asset to any programming team.

The projects from day one are created using source control and professional ide tools. The main benefit for me personally is that the course taught me the relevance and true advantages of test-driven development. Before I took this course I had read countless articles about writing unit tests for applications, but until I took this course I could not really relate to how this was applied in the real world.

All projects are given with a set of tests which guide the process of the development. Most of the projects have a place where the student has to write their own tests. All projects are recorded on github and they are submitted as pull requests and reviewed by peers, much like it is done in the real world.

I cannot recommend this course enough. It is really time consuming, but the assignments are so fun, that you cannot wait until the next one comes up. This is really how programming should be taught everywhere.

Thanks to the instructors for a great course. Looking forward for the next one!

• Jason Symons

This course has been amazing. The teachers are very knowledgable and extremely helpful. Be warned, it's a lot of work, you're looking at an easy 20+ hours of week, but it's totally worth it. After the month you can feel the progress you've made. I wouldn't hesitate about taking another class from Rmotr.

• David Hall

I was skeptical about paying for a course on Advanced Python, but this course was a steal for everything I got out of it.  From the very first session, this course taught all the arcane, advanced Python techniques I've been wanting to master.  I thought to myself, the first class alone was worth the price of admission.  But then, continuing on with real-life inspired labs and lots of help from the instructors and a half-dozen mentors, this class was truly a gem.

Fair warning - it's a heavy time commitment.  They say this up-front, 1 class a week, 3 labs with lab partners a week, but there is pre-reading for each class and sometimes the labs take extra time, especially if you get bitten by the bug to perfect your code (which you will want to do).   However, the time is well worth it, never boring, and sharpens your skills more than you can imagine.

I've taken a lot of online courses, and most of them these days are pre-recorded professors and a couple interns (and your fellow students) as your only help.  This class ( and other rmotr classes) are live and interactive (and recorded in case you miss them ) and the instructors are un-stumpable!   Their breadth of knowledge makes learning fun but they also help when you are stuck, helping you connect the dots (whether in class or on slack or google hangouts) to make sure you have the concepts down.  That's not in most online courses and should be taken into account when you sign up --- you're getting almost 24 hour assistance and a live class.   Not only are they smart, but the instructors/mentors are *good* people.

I could go on, but I doubt you, Kind Reader, are still reading this far.   If you are, why?!.... you should be signing up for this (or other Rmotr) class.  If you're still in doubt, look at the other reviews.  They're all 5s [as of this writing]  -- they didn't pay us to say this ( I swear!)  --- we paid them!!

• Adonias Delmiro Dantas Neto • Graduate

The course is based on projects. Every week we have 3 project assignements and lots of content to study. It's very difficult but at the end i think it's worth. The instructors have great knowledge in python and will help you to increase your skills. I recommend.

• Preston • Systems Engineer • Graduate

This is an excellent python course. It teachs you not only Python syntax but gives you a deep understanding of how Python works and OOP concepts in general that can be applied to other languages you may learn in the future. The coding sessions vary from simple in the begining to some fun little projects towards the end. Make sure you have enough time to dedicate to the course. The reading materials take a few hours a week outside of class to finish and the coding sessions in my experiance averaged 3 ~ 6 hours to complete each project. Overall I found the course fun and very informative and a great value for the cost.

• Nektarios Katakis • Graduate

I just completed this course and feel totally satisfied! It was intense (worked over 40 hrs per week ) but worth the trouble for sure. I learned python and moreover all the basic programming consepts. In fact I learned in a month more than I would learn on my own in over a year.

The course is really good structured. It starts with very simple stuff but after that is a very steep climb to python programming. All the projects had their unit tests, which really helps you on what you have to produce each time. Also the readings were very well chosen although too many. And finally, the instructors really experienced usually gave you tips you needed to complete or debug your project.

In a month I completed 12 projects and 3 of them were web development with Flask and advanced consepts even there. Couldn't really ask for more. I will repeat though, that this is an advanced course, certainly not for beginners.