rmotr-logo

RMOTR

RMOTR

RMOTR school offers 4-month online Python web development and data science bootcamps. Students interact with teachers, mentors, and classmates remotely and are equipped with the skills to land a new role in tech with the help of RMOTR career advisors. Trainings include a clear and curated path for the curriculum, scheduled live sessions, and mentor support every week to keep students accountable. Students also participate in creating well-thought, real-life projects to build their own portfolio, and much more.

Prospective students can try full-featured access to a course for free during the whole first week of training (which includes 2 live classes). Students can unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked.

Recent RMOTR Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (137) reviews for RMOTR →

Recent RMOTR News

• Data Science with Python

A fully remote course, but with two LIVE classes per week + unlimited mentorship. Learn to use Python to automate every mundane task and perform data analysis with the most popular tools and libraries: Pandas, Matplotlib, Bokeh, Scrapy, etc. It's a 3-month course, led by a real instructor, meeting two times per week in live classes to help keep yourself accountable. Our course is highly practical, you won't learn just Python, but to interact with the whole environment: git, github, test driven developments, deployments, code reviews, etc.
    DepositTRY FOR FREE
    Monthly payments available.
    Tuition PlansMonthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic python skills
    Prep WorkAll the prep work is provided by us.
  • Web Development with Django

MySQL, MongoDB, Git, Django, CSS, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL, Python
    Our "Web Development with Django" course is great for Python developers that are willing to get a job as Web developers or want to create their our products/startups. You will start with a quick overview of all the Django concepts, and jump directly into the most advanced features of the framework. We dedicate a big part of the course to teach you about HTTP concepts, MVC frameworks and RESTful architectures. You will be writing an entire RESTful API using the well know "django-rest-framework" library. The program aims to teach you things that you won't find in most of the common resources, like: good practices based on experience, conventions, most used tools, building reusable Django apps and uploading them to pypi, deploying your Django app or API, etc.
    DepositTRY FOR FREE
    Monthly: $349. Pay as you go.
    Tuition PlansMonthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic python skills
    Prep WorkWe provide the required prep work.
  • Jacquan Clinton • Student

What I liked most was the challenges and the instructors abilities to get me to think out the problem and a practical solution.

Class times were sometimes a bit tough for me, but that's totally a personal issue. I would have loved to have more free time, so I could attend to all sessions.

People involved in this program are great, and the syllabus totally covered my needs

• Michal Nalsan • Student

I was impressed of the cool platform RMOTR built to foster the collaborative work remotly. I liked the collaborative coding and individual approach of great mentors.

Curriculom in general is good. I liked that they mentioned many times related topics, that maybe were not explained in details, but at least let us know those topics exist and give us the chance to learn them by ourself later.

A good example of that is MongoDB, that is not included in the scope of this couse, but let me know at least a bit about it and allowed me to keep learning by myown.

• Leah D. • Student

The instructors were responsive and personable. They actually cared if we understood lessons no matter what level we came into the class as.

Honestly, I don't have any bad things to say about it. I know in this kind of reviews is useful for other students to also read about bad things, or things I didn't like as a student of RMOTR. But, I had such a good experience working with this guys, that I only have good words to say about it.

• Kathy Johm • Student

Mentors were always willing to help and pushing us to go for the next challenge. I would have never kept myself as accountable if it wasn't because of the pre defined schedule and the weekly sessions.

I had the chance to talk a lot with Jason, and he is a great mentor. I used to be frustrated very easily in the past, but having someone like Jason helping me on my side made me feel a lot more confident of what I can achieve.

One small suggestion. I would have liked for the slides to be printer-friendly.

• Gregory Colloney • Student

I really liked the variety of coding projects, and they way how they were structured to tackle specific topics covered in the class.

There was only one real class a week. When taking a class, I mean to be taught by the teachers. During that class a lot of topics were explained, and sometimes it was hard to pay attention and keep the pace during the two hours of class. I would maybe split the class into a few days, and mix them with projects to practice the covered concepts.

I'm more than happy with the overall experience.

• Andrew W. • Student

The projects helped a lot with retaining what was covered in the lessons. I think that having an instructor leading a class and explaining each topic is a wonderful way of learning.

There were lots of projects, maybe a bit too many. But I would have loved to have more time to tackle them all.

I was a bit frustrated with other online platforms that I used in the past to learn programming, but with RMOTR I now believe again that it's something totally doable.

• Anubhav • Student

Working in groups with other people remotly was great. I'm from India, and don't have much chances to learn in my local city. RMOTR gave me the chance to share a classroom with folk from the main cities in the US, and that's an incredible opportunity.

The only thing is that there is not enough time to complete the pre-readings if the individual taking the course is a full time employee somewhere, so it's very important to specify that this course if for people who can work on this full time. Other than that it's great.

• Intensive but fun.
    - 6/15/2017
    Benjamin Dauren • Student

Working in groups with other people from all around the world, from home, was simply amazing.

I didn't feel like there was enough time to complete most of the assignments, but that's probably associated to my bussy weekly schedule. It's know that it's an intensive course, so I should have reserved more time to commit in the extra readings/coding.

I think it's a great approach. If anything, I would say that having a little more time for readings, and having supplementary material for subjects that are not central to the course but are necessary for projects would help (e.g. I would have worked through a SQL tutorial before the last week had I known it would be needed.) Also as I mentioned on the call, I think materials on debugging, linting and all of that fun stuff would be a great help. Some of this I learned from other students, but that is hit or miss.

I want to enroll for the more advanced course as well. This methodology definitely made my learn a lot in a short time.

• Phillip W. • Student

The greatest part is having live class and coding sessions.

I didn't feel like the coding exercises in the homework assignments on the learn site were very helpful. I'm not sure what would make them better.

I liked the process a lot. Knowing that we had an opportunity to ask questions in class about the reading topics, and knowing that we would be using the concepts we were reading and discussing for our coding sessions provided good motivation to prepare, and the class was structured so we could prepare well. The readings were very helpful, but they were hard to get done. I take a while to process what I read, and it would have been helpful if the readings had been available earlier. I think if they had been posted a full week before the class sessions, I would have been ready to ask more questions in class.

Recommended.

• David Gran • Student

Doing group programming live on cloud9 was fantastic. I never thought attending an experience like this from the confort of my home, sharing the class with folks from all around the globe.

Sometimes the suggested reading was too much for me to do. But that's probably my personal issue.

I really liked working in teams with mentor help. It might have been good to have the whole group read the project assignment before hand so we could just jump right in to coding when the time starts.

• Greg Karp • Student

It was a great experience overall, but maybe there could be a structure that works more easily with full-time workers. For example, readings and class during the week with an easy project. Then two intense projects during the weekend.

Group work was a bit hard for me sometimes. I am guilty of this as well - especially during the work week real life commitments took away how much I or my teammates could contribute.

Aside from that, I would totally recommend this methodology. Kept me accountable the whole month.

• Jordan Gallardo • Student

It was great that professors are super kind and helpful.

I feel like a lot of material was just thrown at us. i.e. I did not know how to use the time module and I needed it for the decorator problem. However, we never touched on how to implement those modules. It would be nice to see the professors code more, and see how they solve similar problems. Anyway, I understand that this is how real life works, and getting prepared for that it's also a good experience.