rmotr-logo

RMOTR

RMOTR

RMOTR school offers 4-month online Python web development and data science bootcamps. Students interact with teachers, mentors, and classmates remotely and are equipped with the skills to land a new role in tech with the help of RMOTR career advisors. Trainings include a clear and curated path for the curriculum, scheduled live sessions, and mentor support every week to keep students accountable. Students also participate in creating well-thought, real-life projects to build their own portfolio, and much more.

Prospective students can try full-featured access to a course for free during the whole first week of training (which includes 2 live classes). Students can unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked.

Recent RMOTR Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (137) reviews for RMOTR →

Recent RMOTR News

• Data Science with Python

Rolling Start Date
    $349
    A fully remote course, but with two LIVE classes per week + unlimited mentorship. Learn to use Python to automate every mundane task and perform data analysis with the most popular tools and libraries: Pandas, Matplotlib, Bokeh, Scrapy, etc. It's a 3-month course, led by a real instructor, meeting two times per week in live classes to help keep yourself accountable. Our course is highly practical, you won't learn just Python, but to interact with the whole environment: git, github, test driven developments, deployments, code reviews, etc.
    TRY FOR FREE
    Monthly payments available.
    Monthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
    Basic python skills
    All the prep work is provided by us.
    Interview
  • Web Development with Django

MySQL, MongoDB, Git, Python, Django, SQL, CSS, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms
    $349
    Our "Web Development with Django" course is great for Python developers that are willing to get a job as Web developers or want to create their our products/startups. You will start with a quick overview of all the Django concepts, and jump directly into the most advanced features of the framework. We dedicate a big part of the course to teach you about HTTP concepts, MVC frameworks and RESTful architectures. You will be writing an entire RESTful API using the well know "django-rest-framework" library. The program aims to teach you things that you won't find in most of the common resources, like: good practices based on experience, conventions, most used tools, building reusable Django apps and uploading them to pypi, deploying your Django app or API, etc.
    TRY FOR FREE
    Monthly: $349. Pay as you go.
    Monthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
    Basic python skills
    We provide the required prep work.
    Interview

• Francine • Student

I really enjoyed the projects using GitHub - they're hard, but it's a great way of seeing how everything fits together.

The difference in timezones was a bit rough, but that's inevitable and no-one's fault. I also prefer to work by myself so fewer group projects would have been better for me, but that's just me.

• Corey • Student

Once you understand the learning process, it's very streamlined and engaging to solve the weekly problems. Even the homework is often challenging and engaging. If you're looking for depth, the instructors and mentors are always ready for a deep dive on a topic.

There were times that I dreaded being paired up with someone who was really behind, which happened to me a few times. The difference between being paired up with someone around your level, versus someone that just isn't "getting it" is that you will spend the entire session explaining a problem instead of solving a larger problem collaboratively.

• Cynthia • Student

Everyone is very helpful and positive!

I feel that I wasn't really ready for the course-maybe the admitting test should be harder? I would prefer more written explanations for the concepts, as well.

• Ike Porter • Student

More than anything, I liked the group projects. A lot of what I took away from the class was lessons that I learned from other students.

I think everything was fine. I definitely plan on moving up to the advanced class in the near future.

• Joey Coakley • Student

I loved the pace. I didn't want to have a class where we spent two weeks doing very basic Python coding that anyone who picked up a book and read for a couple of hours could do. The pace and content justify the cost. If you're not serious about it, then you shouldn't pass.

I felt kind of in the dark before the class started. After paying for the course, there wasn't much communication (to the point where I was trying to find out when the course was actually starting).

• Danny Calise • Student

The community. The support from both the teachers and mentors is unmatched. Mentors and teachers were ALWAYS available when needed. Actually teaching the testing aspect of programming and teaching how coders typically program within their work environment was a welcome part! I definitely learned alot. I'm already signed up for the Advanced Python course. Can't wait to start!

Seemed like the first couple of weeks were very condensed. Wish we had more time dedicated to some subjects. Didn't affect how much I enjoyed the experience.

• Marianna • Student

I really enjoyed live coding sessions and ability to get help from real mentors. Group projects were more complicated than exercises in a homework, which was a great opportunity for me to learn how to build complex projects. Solving group assignments required mentors' help most of the times, which is a unique part of this course because every other online course leaves you alone with your problem when you need a help with your code. Mentors are the best part of the course, as they are always there for you to help and answer all your questions in a very friendly way. They will do everything possible for you to understand how to code, but you must do a lot of individual work, where besides the homework exercises a lot of reading is required. To make a learning experience more impactful, I would suggest exploring provided reading material beyond given chapters as much as you can, as that will help you with the deeper understanding of programming with Python.

I'm very thankful for a learning experience that I had during my RMOTR course.

• Fadoua Baouab • Student

Worked on real projects. Each one of them handled a specific a problem which covered up a great number of computer science notions. Mentors where always available to help with anything. Also, you get to meet great people through the program!

The advanced course is a bit intense but it's worth it!

• Lakshmi Srivalli Kristam • Student

What I liked the most were the coding sessions in group.

I would propose instead of having 3 group coding sessions, to have 2 group + 1 individual coding sessions

• Anne Chepkeitany • Student

I loved the coding sessions: really challenging but interesting.

However, there was too much to learn at a time, not easy to grasp everything all at once.

• Rudo Terry • Student

I liked the rapid gains in programming ability I got during the course time.

On c9 environment, sometimes difficult to see output from function. Maybe give more direction given to add tests in testing framework to assist?

• Austin Green • Student

I felt compelled to attend all the sessions (I don't know why) even though there wasn't a grade.

I think some of the class materials could be introduced in a different order. But at the same time, I was behind on reading. So take w/ a grain of salt.

• Daniel Williams • Student

I really enjoyed the team feel of the entire class. Everyone played well together and it was great.

I can't say that there was anything I did not like. Everything worked REALLY well. I have even recommended the intro course to a few of my workmates.

• Keat • Student

Great mentors and the projects.

Team members have very different skills and experience, sometimes one person does 98% of the coding and the other just fixing syntax.

• Chris Holder • Student

One of the things I liked the most were the group assignments on Thursday and Sat.

There were some large jumps/changes in difficulty. The Cached Calculator is a good example of this. My group rolled through the first few assignments in about 30 minutes, but it took 2 hours with a mentor to push through it. There were a few other 'jumps' in difficulty, that it seemed could be bridged with either additional lessons or explanation.

• Enlightening
    - 4/24/2017
    Eric • Student

I really liked the friendly and encouraging environment the Instructors and Mentors created for us.

• Jordan • Student

Class covered topics thoroughly and helped me learn when and how to use functions, classes, iterators, etc.

I think you could extend the week 3 stuff a little and shorten the time spent on week 4. I think the week 4 material could be done in 3 or 4 days instead of the whole week, especially since classes are more of a focus for the advanced class.

• Leah Denham • Student

The instructors were responsive and personable. They actually cared if we understood lessons no matter what level we came into the class as.

• Eric Garcia • Student

rmotr provides an awesome learning environment that pushes you to use your code in ways that help you learn at an accelerated rate. The mentors are always available at your disposal and help you solve some pretty cool projects.

• Amazing
    - 3/23/2017
    Sarah • Student

What I liked the most was group projects.

Sadly timing of the class were a bit difficult for me.