RMOTR by INE offers 4-month online Python web development and data science bootcamps. Students interact with teachers, mentors, and classmates remotely and are equipped with the skills to land a new role in tech with the help of RMOTR career advisors. Trainings include a clear and curated path for the curriculum, scheduled live sessions, and mentor support every week to keep students accountable. Students also participate in creating well-thought, real-life projects to build their own portfolio, and much more.
Prospective students can try full-featured access to a course for free during the whole first week of training (which includes 2 live classes). Students can unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked. RMOTR is powered by INE, a provider of technical training for the IT industry.
Recent RMOTR Reviews: Rating 4.93
Recent RMOTR News
- MySQL, Data Science, MongoDB, Git, R, Hadoop, Spark, Linux, Virtualization, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
OnlinePart Time6 Hours/week
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size 30 Location OnlineA fully remote course, but with two LIVE classes per week + unlimited mentorship. Learn to use Python to automate every mundane task and perform data analysis with the most popular tools and libraries: Pandas, Matplotlib, Bokeh, Scrapy, etc. It's a 3-month course, led by a real instructor, meeting two times per week in live classes to help keep yourself accountable. Our course is highly practical, you won't learn just Python, but to interact with the whole environment: git, github, test driven developments, deployments, code reviews, etc.
Deposit TRY FOR FREE FinancingMonthly payments available. Tuition Plans Monthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
Minimum Skill Level Basic python skills Prep Work All the prep work is provided by us. Placement Test No Interview No
- MySQL, MongoDB, Git, Django, CSS, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL, Python
OnlinePart Time6 Hours/week5 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $349 Class size 40 Location OnlineOur "Web Development with Django" course is great for Python developers that are willing to get a job as Web developers or want to create their our products/startups. You will start with a quick overview of all the Django concepts, and jump directly into the most advanced features of the framework. We dedicate a big part of the course to teach you about HTTP concepts, MVC frameworks and RESTful architectures. You will be writing an entire RESTful API using the well know "django-rest-framework" library. The program aims to teach you things that you won't find in most of the common resources, like: good practices based on experience, conventions, most used tools, building reusable Django apps and uploading them to pypi, deploying your Django app or API, etc.
Deposit TRY FOR FREE FinancingMonthly: $349. Pay as you go. Tuition Plans Monthly: $349. Bundle (4 months): $1099.
Minimum Skill Level Basic python skills Prep Work We provide the required prep work. Placement Test No Interview No
137 reviews sorted by:
- Data Science with Python - Can improve- 9/26/2019Jocelyn • Graduate • Course: Data Science with Python • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
***RMOTR has merged with another online education company as of Sep 2019, so the course curriculum may have changed.***
I completed the Python Data Science course summer 2019. Personally I think a lot of self discipline and commitment to apply what you learn on some passion projects are required in order to make this worth while, but the same can be applied to any other online remote bootcamps. That's why it is 1/10 of the cost of an onsite fulltime bootcamp. The first two months were python fundamentals (those were great intro with awesome teachers) and the last month was data science libraries. Towards the last month, the subjects get more challenging with less time to go through in details during the weekly 2 hour (twice) online live sessions. The mentoring session availability was very limited to specific time and day during the week.
The downside here is that they decided to make the "final project" as optional and promised that we could schedule and/or request for feedback on the final project if students decided to pursue it, but that was not the case. In the end, they issued certificates without reviewing the project. I assume it is most likely because RMOTR was busy merging with another online education company. I am happy for their success, but I would appreciate more if they actually finish their commitment with students to review final projects as part of the course. It felt very unstructured at the end.
Did I learn how to write basic Python functions? Yes
Did I learn how to explore and apply basic data science libraries? Yes (a lot of self discipline to learn and google on your own is required here)
Is this a hands-on course? Yes (in the beginning for Python fundamentals, they have test driven examples for you to practice with) and No (towards the end especially when creating your final projects, I felt I was left in the dark)
I am not sure what will happen after the merger as they are changing their learning platform, but I hope they will learn to be more transparent and accountable with their students to follow through the completion of the course. If this becomes purely an online course with self-paced materials, I believe there are other resources at a much cheaper price (ie. Udemy Jose Portilla data science and machine learning course for $13), but otherwise (if it still has live sessions), it is worth exploring.
- Awesome course!- 2/23/2017Vojtech Kotek • Graduate • Course: Advanced Python Programming • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
- Excellent course!- 2/13/2017Michelangelo • Student • Course: Introduction to Python Programming • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
Whatever course organized by Rmotr.com it is not just a course. For me, it has been almost a 'life experience': nice people, great mentors, exemplary organization. Coding is a challenge, and Rmotr.com gave me the tools to go one (almost two) step(s) further.
- Awesome intro to Data Science- 3/16/2019Julien • Graduate • Course: Data Science with Python • Campus: Online
I'm very happy I chose RMOTR as a first online introduction to Data Science.
The main reason is how the course is structured. Most online courses will have you start working on data science libraries right away. This is a mistake in my opinion.
It is important to understand and know the basics of Python before using these libraries. Otherwise, you're going to miss the fundamentals which will hinder your development if you want to take things further.
RMOTR starts with 2 months of Python before teaching you data science libraries which I thought was very helpful.
Something else that is very important: teachers are great and knowledgable. They are always available to answer questions of all types, whether about an exercice you are stuck on, or even career development.
Joining RMOTR means you are part of a community which helps staying on top of news, interesting articles & projects. You can also post your problem to the community and get help from other students.
Obvisouly not everything is perfect. Here is what I think they could do better:
- Sometimes the exercices they give are pretty difficult compared to the material we learned in class. I would have loved it if there were hints in some of the exercices to help solve the problem.
- During Christmas holidays, it wasn't 100% clear what the schedule was. The agenda switched a bit during that period, and communication could have been better.
Overall, I recommend this program if you are looking to get into data science, and especially if you prefer taking an option where you have an actual class and community with a teacher going over the material. This is what I was looking for in contrast with the self paced options. I wanted to have classes every week to stay motivated.
- Great Experience- 2/25/2019Rich • Graduate • Course: Web Development with Django • Campus: Online
I could not have asked for a more engaging experience!
Not even at my University level did I meet any instructors who were as engaging and commited as those who guided me through the program at RMOTR. Amazing value for price.
From the instructors, at every level, I found the most understanding patience of the learning process. This level of understanding is also reflected through RMOTR's UX, the website navigates through the curriculm, which I found to give a great in-depth lesson into Python, Django and Data Science(using Python).
This program does run quite a commitment, though there is a bit more freedom than in-person bootcamps. What I loved most about the program was that the classes were recorded and posted to review within hours, this was phenomenal with revisiting and graping a better hold to lessons.
The final project is a fun and intense dash of work. Working collaboratively(if you so chose to work in a group) is a great lesson in taking refining project scopes, identifying goals, working toward these goals, adjusting, and presenting.
I would highly reccomend RMOTR to any individual who is interested in learning Python and interested in either Django and/or Data Science. It was absoluetely a blast learning and feeling the trenches of a lesson and emerging with a better understanding. Much like a good workout, it's going to work you to a better inidividual.
- Julia • Student • Course: Introduction to Python Programming • Campus: Online
I attended the Intro to Python rmotr's course in November, and had a great experience. I loved the way how lectures were organised, with a clear path to go from point A to B, know what to do and when to do it.
I guess that's one of the hardest part of learning. Knowing how to avoid wasting time reading or looking for resources that are not good enough.
Mentors were also really helpful and kind.
I had a few issues with the class time, and I couldn't attend to a few of them. I hope they could support more timezones for people out of US.
- Berenice • Graduate • Course: FREE Python course • Campus: OnlineThe incredibly detailed online explanation, and mentor support. No knowledge gaps to guess.I didn't felt quite comfortable with the students platform. The first class I wasn't able to connect with it, so I couldn't attend to class.Aside from that, it was a great overall experience.
- RMOTR's live instruction was exactly what I needed after attempting to learn with videos based classes.- 2/21/2018Dan Tembe • Graduate • Course: Introduction to Python Programming • Campus: OnlineReally great instructors and mentors. The online classes were a friendly environment with a wide range of competences amongst students. I didn't feel any anxiety asking for clarifications. Santiago, our instructor, was very responsive and made all of our questions were answered.For the most part, it was excellent. Personally, for me, I learn more when I see programmers solve and write code, as they explain. If I had a wish, I would ask that some time, maybe at the beginning of the class is spent going over exercises from last class.
- Kevin Hsu • Graduate • Course: FREE Python course • Campus: Online
I attended to rmotr's online free python course in September and had a very good experience. Very charismatic instructors that were able to break down concepts very simply. The students platform was quite good, easy to use and intuitive. We were using Zoom for videoconferences, and it required some previous software installations. Maybe google HO would have been easier to use.
Not much to critic aside from that. Being a free training, it's a great deal.
- Amazed at how generous RMOTR is with their time!- 2/18/2018Anna Sedlar • Graduate • Course: FREE Python course • Campus: Online
First time I see such a live instruction, during the period of one month, and for free. They did a very good job, and I'm surprised of how generous they are.
I wish the final week/class in the free course was more robust - seemed like it was more a wrap-up but would have loved as much more instruction as possible!
- Got from nothing to something with Python- 2/18/2018Ryan Ch'ng • Graduate • Course: FREE Python course • Campus: Online
I subscribed to rmotr's free Python course with almost no Python experience, and after a month I now have a basic notion of it. Considering it was a free training, that means a lot.
Sadly, I had a really hard time attending classes, due to my local timezone.
- Brian K Spears • Graduate • Course: FREE Python course • Campus: Online
I loved the fact that I could do this at home, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to graduate from any other school because I work everyday and arrive home late at night.
I don't have much to say about RMOTR, it's just a good place to learn Python, period.
There was a stumble the first day with software related issues, but everything else was great.
Sadly they don't offer much variety in terms of technology. All courses are about Python and related stuff. I will keep an eye to their website, hopping they are more courses soon.