practicum-yandex-logo

Practicum Yandex

Practicum Yandex

Practicum Yandex offers 6 to 9-month online courses in computer coding related fields. Students can choose to join one of four programs: Front-end Developer, Data Analyst, Web Developer, or Data Scientist. Each course includes full access to the online, interactive platform, professional courses, mentor support from an experienced developer, a professional certificate and a portfolio. After completing a program, students will have the skills needed to enter a job in the industry. Yandex is one of the largest IT companies in Europe.

Practicum Yandex is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a higher education degree. The cost of the programs are between $1,100 and $1,600 depending on the program you choose. The first 20 coursework hours of each program are free. Students need to be willing to study at least 10 hours per week.

Yandex offers career prep courses to help students prepare for job searches after the program. They also guide students through navigating current job opportunities that would be a good fit. Yandex is very serious about helping their students find work and promises that if students do not get a new job or promotion within 6 months of completing the program, they will refund the tuition.

Recent Practicum Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.53

all (32) reviews for Practicum Yandex →

Recent Practicum Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Python, Data Visualization, SQL, Data Analytics , Data Structures
      Data analysis is a complex and intricate process. It is comprised of collecting and structuring data, forming and testing hypotheses, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. You will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of projects during the 6 months, 10 hour per week training course.
      Minimum Skill Level All you need is a higher education.
    • Data Scientist

Data Science, Python, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Data Structures
      Data science is a complex and intricate field. It is comprised of structuring and analyzing large-scale volumes of data, applying machine learning to make predictions, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data scientists are needed in business, manufacturing, and science. You will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of projects during the 8 months, 10 hour per week training course.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a higher education
    • Front End Developer

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Node.js
      Minimum Skill LevelPracticum Yandex is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a higher education degree.
    • Web Developer

HTML, JavaScript, SQL, CSS, Node.js, Front End
      Web developers can do the same things as front-end developers but are also well-versed in how complex websites with databases work. They know how to create an API and control the logic of server interactions. Other technologies used in web development are Node.js and SQL. We want to teach you how to use the tools required to succeed as a web developer.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a higher education

• Satisfied!
      - 1/22/2020
      Ida Lewis • Graduate

I really enjoyed my mentors – Grigoriy, Darya, and Aleksey! They did a great job making sure to explain the theory in an easy to digest way. At one point, I was really freaking out about my first responsive design assignment. But Grigoriy was so super-reassuring and helpful in his feedback, that I started to feel very confident. As a result, now I know how to design a mobile-first site that will look great on any screen. And more!

The best course ever. Don't hesitate to take it if you want to learn how to build websites and apps. I had no background at all, but those awesome mentors did a very good job explaining the basics. The lectures were easy to follow. Immediate practice and satisfaction after completing every assignment made me want more. And here I am now, a proud owner of the course certificate and all the knowledge I wouldn't get elsewhere. Thanks so much, guys!

• Janice Gray

I was very excited to find this training. I work in web development for several years now. And I am always looking for high-quality learning resources for our interns. I thought an intensive 7-months course would be a great addition to their 20 hours per week internships, and oh my, was I right.

Practicum instructors clearly have real-world industry experience and are tech-native. The whole course leads you from the very basics all to the way up to final project culmination. And I can tell you that the knowledge acquired in this course is very close to what I expect from a junior developer when considering him for a full-time position. Apps and landings projects you work on during the course are far from being trivial. They will prepare you for real-world web development if you work hard enough.

At first, I thought that there was a little too much hand-holding. But then I realized that there are people with no IT background doing it on their own at their homes, so the amount of hand-holding is just about right. Finally, the course is a great quality/price compromise and is adequately timed.

• James Anaya • Graduate

What makes Practicum training stand out is its instructors. Web Development mentors are young and techie. They have a lot of practical experience in what they teach. You actually get to interact with them, and they are ready to help and always available to answer your questions. That's what I call pure dedication. Also, I was very nervous about submitting my first coding for review. Apparently, at 35, I still hate being graded! But after receiving the feedback on my first submission, I stopped thinking about the grades and concentrated on the learning process. Many thanks to instructors and the entire Practicum team for these 9 months of intensive learning (I even code in my dreams now!))). Cheers :)

• Roger R. Francis

This was my first experience with online learning. I had no particular expectations except for wanting to learn how to build a simple website for my side hustle. I started with a free part of the course and finally ended up completing the full 9 months of Web development training! If someone had told me six months ago that I'd write a music app in JavaScript and know how to create websites and admin panels, I would have laughed in their face. But guess what, I did it all, thanks to Practicum!

The thing I liked the most was that there were no big scary chunks of information. On the contrary. The theory was delivered step-by-step in smaller bits and dozes. And the course made us apply them into practice as we went. The interactive platform was very intuitive and learner-friendly. And the mentors were very supportive and commented on every assignment. It's hands down the best course ever. If I could complete it, you can.

• Very well done.
      - 1/15/2020
      Timothy Franks • Graduate

Very well done. The information was well explained in the videos. Every concept was illustrated by a good example and followed by a practical assignment. This helped digest information and understandeach concept clearly. Learners get real-life tasks from the course' day one. This helped me a lot with not forgetting what I'd just learned :DI feel like I was spending more time on my assignments than an average learner (especially when it came to running SQL queries). So mentors' accessibility was highly appreciated. Keeping regular contact with every course instructor really helped me claw through the difficulties of stats and coding.I really recommend this 6-month course to anyone who struggles with basic stats and wants to learn how to structure and analyze data, and how to apply it in business. Thank you, Practicum team, for this intensive learning experience.

• Doris Patton • Graduate

A very apprehensible and exciting approach to teaching! The program is structured really well, my professors were coherent and easy-going, the assigned tasks give you a good glimpse of the real life practical application of what you’re learning, and in case I reached out for help my issue was addressed within a very short timeframe, so I’m going with Practicum for the best education online.

• Jenny Takahashi • Student

Big Data and Data Analysis are the next big things and I wanted to study now so I could get hired later. 7 months, I’m tired, but I keep going, and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for this wonderful resource by the name of Practicum. I can learn, practice, ask questions, explore, connect with people and enjoy myself while investing in my future. Moreover, it doesn’t require you to sacrifice all of your free time - 10 hours a week does it perfectly. A+ grade for everything.

• lovely stuff
      - 1/9/2020
      Katie Perez • Graduate

Lovely stuff! I would rate the classes an overall 9/10. Comprehensive, good-looking website. What you are promised is delivered: the classes are exciting, fun and informative, the personnel is friendly and the requirements are fair yet demanding. In my current attempts at upswinging my web-developer career, having Yandex Practikum as my sidekick is very helpful.

• Great job
      - 12/27/2019
      Douglas S. McCall

I’ve been waiting forever to find a platform like this! What I love is how straight-forward everything is, since I’m basically given a free course from as soon as I land on the website. The trial version is 20 hours long, filled with loads of practical tasks to help you get a taste of what you should be studying before you pay a dollar, which caught my attention right away, because that’s how the customer should always be treated. Great job.

• Byron Martinez • Graduate

It’s an amazing platform if you want to get practical knowledge. Practicum by Yandex is a trustworthy service that helped me gain skills that I believe will be useful for my future career. Every course contains free intro classes as well as a full paid option. A trial run is a good way to find out if this course is right for you.

• Barbara Hughes • blogger/writer • Graduate

My name is Jordan, and I am a writer. Or a travel blogger. You name it :) I mostly post on Instagram and Facebook. And even though I've been thinking about a personal website for a while, the idea of building it myself has never even crossed my mind. That's a lie. I tried wix one time but gave up pretty fast. I've always been a humanities kind of kid, so everything that had to do with IT seemed unspeakably boring to me.

When my roommate started taking a course on Practicum, I began to be curious. Naturally, I thought I'd only take a peek at the free part of the course. But the method of practice-driven learning that comes along with the entire program made me enroll full-time. Plus, I was taken aback by how similar can coding be with creative writing! FYI, in my case, full-time meant studying for somewhat 12 hours per week for six months. The emphasis on hands-on experience is how I prefer to learn. And it's still hard to believe, but during the course, I actually built a site, a landing page, and an app! What started as an attempt to scratch an itch of my permanent curiosity (he-he), turned out to be a whole new path to pursue.

Huge thanks to all instructors for your continuous encouragement throughout the course. Thanks for being so gentle when delivering feedback. And lastly, thanks to Practicum for showing me that coding is such a creative thing.

• Pauline Reisman • Software tester • Graduate

As part of the professional development program, my company encouraged everyone on our team to choose and complete any certified IT course. They offered $1000 to cover the costs and a shorter workday for the time of a program. I'm a software tester. But my hobby is designing plots and worlds for board games. I've been meaning to learn web development for a while now because I've always wanted to create websites for the board games I design. So it was perfect timing.

When I came across Practicum by Yandex, it seemed very appealing and affordable. And now, after completion of the course, I'm confident to say my expectations were fully met. I was devoting around 10 hours per week to studying. This included practical part — we've all completed 3 hands-on projects during the training. The things I loved the most about the course were the structure of the feedback and the quality of interaction with my mentors. And I definitely enjoyed the fact that it wasn't too pricey, so the company I work for could cover a hundred percent of the expenses.

Excellent professional development option. If you are in search of one, look no further.

• Kristine Stensland

I was on the hunt for some web development online courses when I stumbled upon Practicum by Yandex. I wasn't sure I would be able to complete it at first, but in the process of learning, I gained the self-confidence I needed! In my opinion, the course structure and material gets the job done really well.

• Alex • Student

It feels so amazing to see the immediate result of your work and so satisfying to create the entire code by yourself! Even though I don't know everything yet, the logic of the code is very clear to me now. The fact that I've studied HTML in college definitely made the experience even more engaging.

• Abbie Mann • Graduate

Some tasks were unclear; however, the hints were a great help along the way. I’d probably prefer to have more tasks where I could write the code from scratch. It would help students enhance their skills even faster! Thank you for the course! Great job!

• Caitlin

It's a very well designed course. It may feel like a lot to handle to begin with, but you get the hang of it soon enough!. Learning is best done with practice! Also, remember that it takes time to digest new information, so don’t worry if you don’t get something straight away. You’ll get there in the end!

• 10/10
      - 12/17/2019
      Jonathan McKenzie

The course is very well organized! It's definitely a 10 out of 10! I'm hoping that the free part won’t end soon because, unfortunately, I am unable to afford the full version for now! Anyway, finishing up the comment and continuing my learning journey!

• amazing)
      - 12/16/2019
      Daniel Giles • Student

This course is amazing. No matter how complex or incomprehensible a concept is, with Practicum it'll become clear in no time. The course material is easy and quick to grasp.

• Edward A. Coleman • Graduate

It all started with my dorm friend getting an internship with the Yandex office in Boston. By the time he recommended Practicum to me, I already had my Data Science AAS from Austin Community College and honestly didn't care about the theory at all. I also started working for one of the smaller supermarket chains here in Texas. So the main appeal of the training were hands-on projects of the course. I hoped they would enhance my portfolio. The fact that all the practical assignments were based on the real stats of "Russian Google" and its most significant projects' seemed really attractive. I wasn't mistaken. I spent eight hundred dollars total for the course. And as an outcome, I now have 15 new projects in my portfolio.

Obviously, the theory was a bit basic in my particular case, which also saved me a lot of time. But I reckon it is a great start for beginners. The course shows off an impressive array of widgets and gadgets and gives much practice with tools that are very useful in the day by day of a data scientist.

I had a great experience, and the outcome far exceeded my expectations.

• Brian Jackson • Student

Hello, and thanks to Yandex Practicum for showing me the world of limitless possibilities. I never was a computer geek, so limiting my experience to just playing video games was kind of a natural thing to do until I took my shot and signed up for your Web Development courses. First week was tough, but as I got a general understanding of HTML, started putting efforts into homework, tests and new projects - I got captivated. Practicum is a very user-friendly project, both in its interface and approach to teaching. I’m loving the team here, and hoping to stick by your side throughout my journey as a newly made web developer.

• Very good so far
      - 12/12/2019
      Talia Kinsey • data analyst • Student

Yandex Practicum has literally been a life-saver for me! I was scrambling, looking for solutions - my job interview was coming up in two months, and I was walking through the wilderness, just getting started with Data Analysis. Since then I have passed the introductory course and scored 89/100 on my job interview test, all kudos to Practicum for a very well organized course. I knew I could count on it to at least help me get a perspective on this subject pretty fast.

• Robert • Oyler

I think this is the best source for Data/Business Analysts who would like to learn how to use SQL for analyzing data sets. They take you step-by-step through the learning process and engage you with practical assignments to review and test your understanding of what you've learned. This course takes up a lot of time, which is great because it means you are learning a lot!

The most outstanding thing is that you can chat with mentors, and they are very supportive when commenting on your work and are accessible via the learning platform chat. You can also chat with the learners' community via Slack, which was very stress relieving for me at times.

I recommend this course, although the exercises require more time than the average online course. But if you take it seriously and complete it on your own, you'll learn a lot to apply it at work. Excellent course for big data and playing with real (anonymized) data.

• Robert M. Nabors

The first time I tried web development, I took the old-school approach: a thick heavy book on HTML and CSS. I read everything thoroughly, doing every single exercise in the book, but by the time I finished it I still wasn’t capable of putting together a working website. My knowledge wasn’t practical or systematic, and Yandex Practicum gave me just that. I was skeptical at first, but I thought I’d give the online courses a try, and if I were to compare it to a book, it’s a much better approach to learning. The way your course is structured makes sure you constantly engage with your mentors and classmates who are always there to help when something doesn’t make sense, which makes the course highly interactive. HTML, CSS, and especially Java are taught in a much more exciting manner, excluding all the unnecessary theory that I thought should be left out when I was reading the book. Overall, it has helped me fill up my weak spots and really step it up, so shoutout to Yandex for making a very helpful and polished educational platform.

• the best :)
      - 12/3/2019
      Mason • Cole • Student

I’m truly grateful that I decided to sign up for this platform, because it’s an experience like no other. I’ve tried multiple educational courses, but Yandex Practicum really brings something different to the table. Practical and systematic teaching approaches that keep you educated and entertained, with an ever-growing community of like-minded people engaging with you to further boost your learning and social skills necessary in a new working field.