penn-boot-camps-logo

Penn Boot Camps

Philadelphia

Penn Boot Camps

Penn Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time programs in web development, and 24-week, part-time cybersecurity, data analysis, and financial technology (FinTech) programs. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. Penn Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Throughout the 12- or 24-week bootcamps, learners have access to portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. At the end of the program, learners receive a Certificate of Completion, showcasing their accomplishments to future employers and will also have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data science, or financial technology, or skills applicable to certifications in cybersecurity.

Penn Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Penn Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (57) reviews for Penn Boot Camps →

Recent Penn Boot Camps News

Read all (7) articles about Penn Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationPhiladelphia
    Penn Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
  • Data Analysis and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationPhiladelphia
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Payment plans available
  • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Excel, Algorithms, Cryptocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
    LocationPhiladelphia
    Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationPhiladelphia
    Penn LPS Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationPhiladelphia
    Penn LPS Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 Penn Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Penn Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• All courses in Philadelphia
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Philadelphia)
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Philadelphia)
    • All courses in Philadelphia
    • Financial Technology - Part-Time (Philadelphia)
    • Data Analysis and Visualization - Part-Time (Philadelphia)
    • All courses in Philadelphia
    • Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Philadelphia)

This bootcamp was excellent. They went over relavent information and technologies for the current job market. The instructors are kind and always ready to offer a helping hand as well as knowledgeable.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and found our instructors to be knowledgeable. All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Anonymous • Applicant

Overall, this program is what I expected going into it. It is definitely fast-paced but doable. The lessons are meant to be challenging but feel rewarding as you learn. My class was grateful enough to have a really awesome instructor who really knew the material well. Him along with the TAs were really supportive. The only downside to this program was the career services support side. We were told we would have meetings with them and they would be reviewing our career-related submissions. That really hasn't happened for me or my classmates.

Thursday, Feb 21 2019
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We're glad our entire instructional team has been so supportive and that you have found the lessons to be rewarding in spite of the challenging material.

From your review, we understand that you have not felt as supported by our career services as you had hoped. We do offer in-depth job support by helping participants achieve the 'Seven Milestones to Become Employer Competitive.' Depending on which week your cohort is currently in, there could still be a substantial amount of career services curriculum to be covered. The curriculum includes career coaching through monthly office hours, bi-monthly one-on-one meetings with your Career Director starting approximately one month before the end of the program and continuing for up to three months after, an online Tech Talk panel to network with local industry professionals, a Project Demo Day designed to showcase your final project, as well as nearby professional tech networking, and online workshops to assist learners in becoming Employer Competitive. We hope you've been able to utilize some of these resources and believe you will find the upcoming material to be helpful.

We’d love to hear from you directly to see what else we can do at this time to help you feel equipped for success. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (215) 310-5477. Thank you for your review, we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!

I learned a lot in a very fast amount of time despite being afraid that I might not be able to. The instructors I had were super helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. You really get a good overview of a bunch of different technologies (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React, Mongo, etc.) & also you ‘learn how to learn’ when it comes to tech so if you need to ever learn something else on your own, it will be a lot easier. The people you meet are fun & great to work with. Also, you have a lot of freedom with the assignments as far as the themes and topics, which makes them very satisfying to complete. As long as you pay attention in class & always ask when you need help + take the work seriously, I think it’s a great choice.

Tuesday, Feb 19 2019
    Thank you so much! We're thrilled you learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and connected with others in the class. Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
  • Intense
    - 2/18/2019
    Considering the cost and the time spent, I told myself to think of this as more of a semester in school. It was intense and fast paced. Someone without much background will need to put in more time than expected. I did the flex option but I think you need to be able to commit a full time schedule to learn the harder concepts. The online formatting could have been better without cold calling on students to answer questions. However, the instructors are open to help as much as they can.
    Monday, Feb 18 2019
    Thank you for sharing your review! You're completely right that this is a fast-paced and challenging course, one that will require learners to put in extensive time outside the classroom. We're glad you found our instructional team to be supportive and commend all your hard work. We wish you continued success in all your coding goals!

• Coding boot camp
    - 2/18/2019

A great place to learn how to code and development on the web.

Monday, Feb 18 2019
    Thank you, we're glad to hear you're enjoying the course! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • student
    - 2/17/2019

The course and instructors are great, and the only negative is career services, which are automated and lacking; I had assumed there'd be more hands-on guidance or in person meet-ups.

Tuesday, Feb 19 2019
    We're happy to hear you're enjoying the course and our instructional team! We understand you would like more hands-on or in-person career services assistance. Since our professional development is mainly provided online, we ensure learners receive in-depth job support through the 'Seven Milestones to Become Employer Competitive.'

Depending on which week your cohort is currently in, there is still a substantial amount of career services curriculum to be covered, including Career Coaching through monthly office hours during the program, bi-monthly one-on-one meetings with your Career Director starting approximately one month before program completion and continuing for up to three months post-program completion, an online Tech Talk panel to network with local industry professionals, a Project Demo Day designed to showcase your final project, as well as local professional tech networking, and several online workshops. We hope you will find these upcoming resources and tools to be helpful.

It is our goal for all learners to feel prepared as they start the job search, and we would love to provide you with any additional career support you may need at this time. If you would like, please contact us directly at (215) 310-5477 so we can discuss how to best equip you for success going forward. We’re cheering you on as you work towards completing the boot camp and wish you nothing but the best!
    Currently in the program. My initial fear was whether or not I would be able to find a program that also allowed me to have a full-time job. I'm currently working in a tech field but wanted to move into programming and after doing some research found this program. I feel as though I'm learning a lot and will be prepared to job search when I finish the program.
    Monday, Feb 18 2019
    Thank you! We're thrilled you chose our course to transition into a new career role and have been able to balance your studies with your full-time schedule. We're cheering you on as you continue the course and work towards completing the program!

• Coding Program
    - 2/16/2019

This bootcamp is well worth it. It is fast pace and challenging. It teaches you how to have self discipline and the instructors are amazing!

Monday, Feb 18 2019
    Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the program and our instructional team. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Transformative
    - 2/16/2019

I signed up for this course not knowing exactly what I wanted to do with my career or my future. After graduating college with a degree in Religion, this course helped me find careers that I didn't know were options for someone like me. I have a comprehensive and diverse portfolio, I feel like I am a competitively eligible web developer, and I have learned more than I had ever hoped.

If I'm honest, I'm floored by how thorough the instructors have been and how much we all have learned in a few short weeks. I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to change or supplement their career.

Monday, Feb 18 2019
    Amazing! We're glad to hear you learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and were able to create new career opportunities through our program. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we wish you all the best moving forward.