moringa-school-logo

Moringa School

Nairobi

Moringa School

Moringa School is an intensive tech education program based out of Nairobi, Kenya offering a 5-week prep, and 5-month course. Moringa School is a world-class coding accelerator with a direct education to employment model. The focus is to enable a whole generation of high-potential, pro-active young people who are passionate about technology. The program prepares students to become top mobile and web developers by equipping them technical and workplace skills, and placing them in high-value employment. Through top quality teachers, curated curriculum, and partnership with Hack Reactor, a top Silicon Valley coding school, Moringa School is creating world-class developers in Africa and here's how they do it:

• Moringa Prep: 5-week computer science fundamentals course that covers concepts foundational to all high-level programming languages

• Moringa School Core: various tracks (web, mobile, cloud) offered to students in a 5-month course (including professional development). The content is created based off of employer demand for such skills.

• Post-Moringa School: 40+ hiring partners (technology companies ready to hire our graduates)

Recent Moringa School Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (8) reviews for Moringa School →

Recent Moringa School News

• Android Development Course (Full time)

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Spark, Android, Java, GitHub
    LocationNairobi
    As smartphone penetration increases globally, more businesses want to provide value on smartphones. The world needs more android programmers to design, build, and maintain apps that add value. The Moringa School Android development course is practical, engaging, and fun. At the end of the course, you’ll have worked on real problems that companies face to make you ready for a career in Android development.
    Fees can be paid in monthly installments of 400$
    Refund / GuaranteeNo refunds
    Minimum Skill LevelHigh School
  • Data Science (Full Time)

MySQL, Data Science, Git, R, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python, GitHub
    Start Date August 24, 2020
    LocationNairobi
    The Moringa School Online Data Science course prepares you for a wide range of careers in business, health, engineering, and other industries. This comprehensive course entails; Real projects using real data Market-inspired curriculum
    Payments can be made monthly 400$ installments
    Refund / GuaranteeNo refunds
    August 24, 2020 - Nairobi Apply by August 17, 2020
  • Full Stack (Web Development) - Full Time

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Django, jQuery, CSS, Front End, Python, GitHub
    LocationNairobi
    Web developers are in high demand to build websites and web applications. This course takes 15 weeks and equips you with the skills to be a professional front end and backend developer.
    Learners can pay in Monthly installments of 400$

• Software Developer  User Photo
    Software Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Moringa School has definitely changed my view on what coding entails. Its really a great place to be; the environment is fulfiling and learning is fun. Although sometimes it can be intimidating, what I am most thankful is that I got to learn How to Learn...Having to learn something entirely new and expect to grasp it in a snap isn't that simple. But due to the encouragement and mentorship from the Technical Mentors, my fellow colleagues and the community as a whole, it gets much easier with time. Anyone searching for a place to begin your coding journey...Its the place to be!

• Raphael Katana  User Photo
    Raphael Katana Verified via GitHub

I am a graduate of Moringa school and I can attest that indeed this is the best coding bootcamp in Kenya and in Eastern Africa if not the whole of Africa. I joined Moringa school without any background in coding at all, I was a bit scared at first but thanks to the Moringa school curriculum design that is more customized to fit and accommodate both the University graduates who have a background in programming and people like me who totally knew nothing about the what a line of code looks like.

I first did Moringa prep that basically defined my foundation in coding then upon graduation I joined Moringa core where I specialised in Full stack web and software development. Through their job placement I got the position I now hold.

Apart from coding and software engineering Moringa school played a big role towards my professional development that is all the work around about all the soft skills. The institution is a real simulation of a work environment.

If you are curious you may check:

In conclusion Moringa school is a place to be, they nurture your passion to fruitilize into a career if that is part of your dream. Yey! Happy coding!

Check out Moringa school here => https://moringaschool.com

• Latasha • Graduate

After doing one year of university, 'learning' computer science and never actually coding, I decided to leave and look for another option because there had to be one. I found Moringa and since I joined I have never looked back. The course is short and intense!! In the end it is worth it cause in one month of Moringa, I coded more than I did in 6 months of university. I am entirely grateful to the school for allowing me to be the coder I am now!

• Bryan Memeti • Full stack software developer • Student
    Moringa school is an outstanding institution that offers the best resources and workspace for being a World class Software Developer. I learnt alot, both developer and social skills which have enabled me fit in all environments as a developer and as a person. I would like to urge anyone willing to be the best to sign up to Moringa School like right now..What are you waiting for? Join the best bootcamp in the world
  • Software Developer
    - 11/7/2016
    Gitau Harrison • Graduate

Like many other graduates, I was referred to Moringa School by a close friend, and the idea was to just go check it out and find whether what they were offering was something I might be interested in.

The structure of the curriculum really stood out for me. There is Junior Moringa where complete beginners are introduced to the very basic concepts in programming, and the core program where you get into the deep end of software development.

Now, my background wasn't tech at all. In fact, at that time I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. What I knew I needed the most was mentorship and a sense of family, not learning how to write code. If I could ultimately write good clean code then it was a bonus.

I was referred to junior Moringa. What stood out during the introductory classes (which last a fortnight) was the friendliness of the instructor. He was so approachable, and kind enough to go over a concept until we all understood it. Remember, I was a complete beginner!

Long story short, that's where I felt encouraged to put in the effort. And since it is a bootcamp, It was super intense. Although the topics being taught have been changed, in my class we learned front-end web development with a focus on HTML, CSS, Javascript; back-end using Python and the Flask framework, and Java focusing on Android development, after which you choose your preferable stack. I enjoyed back-end the most, and I kept building web applications just for fun. Currently (after graduating), colleagues and I are working on both web and mobile educational tools for teachers and students, thanks to the intense experience at Moringa School.

We all are very  happy with the skills we learnt.

• Great Place to be
    - 10/13/2015
    viscount • Graduate

i went through Moringa School bootcamp for 12weeks and it's probabbly the best decision I ever made.

I joined Moringa School fresh form high school with almmost zero coding experience.

GOT OUT A FULLSTACK SOFTWARE DEVELOER.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

Definitely a place to learn not only fundamental skills required in software engineering, but also a place to learn life skills and how to work with people. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to learn something in the tech space. It has helped me immensely and have grown not only as a person but also as a developer who can compete globally.

My only wish, is that the course was a bit longer, love the place.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

Definately a game changer in the Kenya and regional Tech space, one thing about MS is they have introduced global software engineering standards.