Moringa School is an intensive tech education program based out of Nairobi, Kenya offering a 5-week prep, and 5-month course. Moringa School is a world-class coding accelerator with a direct education to employment model. The focus is to enable a whole generation of high-potential, pro-active young people who are passionate about technology. The program prepares students to become top mobile and web developers by equipping them technical and workplace skills, and placing them in high-value employment. Through top quality teachers, curated curriculum, and partnership with Hack Reactor, a top Silicon Valley coding school, Moringa School is creating world-class developers in Africa and here's how they do it:
Moringa Prep: 5-week computer science fundamentals course that covers concepts foundational to all high-level programming languages
Moringa School Core: various tracks (web, mobile, cloud) offered to students in a 5-month course (including professional development). The content is created based off of employer demand for such skills.
Post-Moringa School: 40+ hiring partners (technology companies ready to hire our graduates)
Recent Moringa School News
Recent Moringa School Reviews: Rating 5.0
Moringa School Reviews
4 reviews sorted by:
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Like many other graduates, I was referred to Moringa School by a close friend, and the idea was to just go check it out and find whether what they were offering was something I might be interested in.
The structure of the curriculum really stood out for me. There is Junior Moringa where complete beginners are introduced to the very basic concepts in programming, and the core program where you get into the deep end of software development.
Now, my background wasn't tech at all. In fact, at that time I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. What I knew I needed the most was mentorship and a sense of family, not learning how to write code. If I could ultimately write good clean code then it was a bonus.
I was referred to junior Moringa. What stood out during the introductory classes (which last a fortnight) was the friendliness of the instructor. He was so approachable, and kind enough to go over a concept until we all understood it. Remember, I was a complete beginner!
We all are very happy with the skills we learnt.
Definitely a place to learn not only fundamental skills required in software engineering, but also a place to learn life skills and how to work with people. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to learn something in the tech space. It has helped me immensely and have grown not only as a person but also as a developer who can compete globally.
My only wish, is that the course was a bit longer, love the place.
Our latest on Moringa School
Welcome to the March News Roundup, your monthly news digest full of the most interesting articles and announcements in the bootcamp space. Want your bootcamp's news to be included in the next News Roundup? Submit announcements of new courses, scholarships, or open jobs at your school!Continue Reading →