Moringa School is an intensive tech education program based out of Nairobi, Kenya offering a 5-week prep, and 5-month course. Moringa School is a world-class coding accelerator with a direct education to employment model. The focus is to enable a whole generation of high-potential, pro-active young people who are passionate about technology. The program prepares students to become top mobile and web developers by equipping them technical and workplace skills, and placing them in high-value employment. Through top quality teachers, curated curriculum, and partnership with Hack Reactor, a top Silicon Valley coding school, Moringa School is creating world-class developers in Africa and here's how they do it:
Moringa Prep: 5-week computer science fundamentals course that covers concepts foundational to all high-level programming languages
Moringa School Core: various tracks (web, mobile, cloud) offered to students in a 5-month course (including professional development). The content is created based off of employer demand for such skills.
Post-Moringa School: 40+ hiring partners (technology companies ready to hire our graduates)
Recent Moringa School Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Moringa School News
Moringa School Reviews
8 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Raphael Katana • Course: Full-Time Bootcamp • Campus: Nairobi • Verified via GitHub
I am a graduate of Moringa school and I can attest that indeed this is the best coding bootcamp in Kenya and in Eastern Africa if not the whole of Africa. I joined Moringa school without any background in coding at all, I was a bit scared at first but thanks to the Moringa school curriculum design that is more customized to fit and accommodate both the University graduates who have a background in programming and people like me who totally knew nothing about the what a line of code looks like.
I first did Moringa prep that basically defined my foundation in coding then upon graduation I joined Moringa core where I specialised in Full stack web and software development. Through their job placement I got the position I now hold.
Apart from coding and software engineering Moringa school played a big role towards my professional development that is all the work around about all the soft skills. The institution is a real simulation of a work environment.
If you are curious you may check:My projects and apps on Github =>https://github.com/RKatana?tab=repositories My portfolio here => https://rkatana.github.io
In conclusion Moringa school is a place to be, they nurture your passion to fruitilize into a career if that is part of your dream. Yey! Happy coding!
Check out Moringa school here => https://moringaschool.com
- Totally the Place to Be!- 8/31/2017Software Developer • Student • Course: Full-Time Bootcamp • Campus: Nairobi • Verified via LinkedIn
Moringa School has definitely changed my view on what coding entails. Its really a great place to be; the environment is fulfiling and learning is fun. Although sometimes it can be intimidating, what I am most thankful is that I got to learn How to Learn...Having to learn something entirely new and expect to grasp it in a snap isn't that simple. But due to the encouragement and mentorship from the Technical Mentors, my fellow colleagues and the community as a whole, it gets much easier with time. Anyone searching for a place to begin your coding journey...Its the place to be!
- Best coding experience!- 9/19/2017Latasha • Graduate • Course: Full-Time Bootcamp • Campus: Nairobi
After doing one year of university, 'learning' computer science and never actually coding, I decided to leave and look for another option because there had to be one. I found Moringa and since I joined I have never looked back. The course is short and intense!! In the end it is worth it cause in one month of Moringa, I coded more than I did in 6 months of university. I am entirely grateful to the school for allowing me to be the coder I am now!
- The Home I Loved to be by bryan memeti- 9/1/2017Bryan Memeti • Full stack software developer • Student • Course: Full-Time Bootcamp • Campus: NairobiMoringa school is an outstanding institution that offers the best resources and workspace for being a World class Software Developer. I learnt alot, both developer and social skills which have enabled me fit in all environments as a developer and as a person. I would like to urge anyone willing to be the best to sign up to Moringa School like right now..What are you waiting for? Join the best bootcamp in the world
- Software Developer- 11/7/2016Gitau Harrison • Graduate
Like many other graduates, I was referred to Moringa School by a close friend, and the idea was to just go check it out and find whether what they were offering was something I might be interested in.
The structure of the curriculum really stood out for me. There is Junior Moringa where complete beginners are introduced to the very basic concepts in programming, and the core program where you get into the deep end of software development.
Now, my background wasn't tech at all. In fact, at that time I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. What I knew I needed the most was mentorship and a sense of family, not learning how to write code. If I could ultimately write good clean code then it was a bonus.
I was referred to junior Moringa. What stood out during the introductory classes (which last a fortnight) was the friendliness of the instructor. He was so approachable, and kind enough to go over a concept until we all understood it. Remember, I was a complete beginner!
We all are very happy with the skills we learnt.
- Great Place to be- 10/13/2015viscount • Graduate • Campus: Nairobi
- A school you will love.- 11/11/2016Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate • Campus: Nairobi
Definitely a place to learn not only fundamental skills required in software engineering, but also a place to learn life skills and how to work with people. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to learn something in the tech space. It has helped me immensely and have grown not only as a person but also as a developer who can compete globally.
My only wish, is that the course was a bit longer, love the place.
- Disrupting education delivery- 11/8/2016Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full-Time Bootcamp • Campus: Nairobi