Recent Merit America Reviews: Rating 4.68
Recent Merit America News
- April 2022 Coding Bootcamp News
- How Brandon Went From Gig Work to IT Support with Merit America
- February 2022 Coding Bootcamp News
- R, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Science, Data Analytics
OnlinePart Time25 Hours/week16 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $5,700 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Merit America Data Analytics bootcamp is 16 weeks. Bootcamp students will learn data types & structures, data visualization, R programming, problem solving with data, and data analysis. Students will complete a data capstone project, and graduate with the skills necessary to start an entry-level job in Data Analytics
Deposit N/A FinancingPay nothing upfront, and when you're in a new job making above the income threshold, you'll pay $95 per month for 60 months. Tuition Plans Pay nothing upfront, and when you're in a new job making above the income threshold, you'll pay $95 per month for 60 months. Refund / Guarantee If you don't land a job over the salary threshold, you don't pay anything!
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date May 23, 2022 Cost $5,700 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Merit America IT Support bootcamp is 14 weeks. Bootcamp students will learn technical support & troubleshooting, operating systems, systems administration, IT security, and Office 365 administration and deployment. Upon graduation, IT Support bootcamp students will earn a Google IT Support Certificate.
Deposit N/A FinancingPay nothing upfront, and when you're in a new job making above the income threshold, you'll pay $95 per month for 60 months. Tuition Plans Refund / Guarantee If you don't land a job over the salary threshold, you don't pay anything!
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesMay 23, 2022 - Online
Deposit N/A FinancingPay $0 upfront, and only pay once you land a new job making $50,000 or more, in installments of $225/month for 24 months. Tuition Plans Pay $0 upfront, and only pay once you land a new job making $50,000 or more, in installments of $225/month for 24 months. Refund / Guarantee If you don't land a job over the salary threshold, you don't pay anything!
Minimum Skill Level No prior coding experience is required, but applicants should have reliable Internet access, be fluent in English, and authorized to work in the United States. Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesSeptember 27, 2022 - Online
Merit America Reviews
21 reviews sorted by:
- Changed my Life- 10/2/2020Nick • Software Engineering Analyst • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInI'd always wanted to break into software development, but never knew how. Merit America gave me a clear path- their specific and relevant curriculum prepared me to answer the questions I faced in interviews. The pair programming and group work we did forced me to learn the technologies well enough to really talk about them, and gave me the opportunity to get to know some amazing people. This transformational opportunity is something I'll always be grateful for.
- Fantastic choice!- 10/2/2020Armando Perez • IT Administrator • Graduate • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedIn
- Merit America IT Support program- 10/2/2020Destiny O Omokhoa • Application support associate • Verified via LinkedInThe Merit America program not only equips you with the technical skills you need to excel but also the professional skills and that include interview skills, workplace communication skills, networking skills and so much more. As a beneficiary of this platform, I proudly recommend it to everyone looking to making a career change to the IT industry.
- Greatest Coding Bootcamp I've Come Across- 3/1/2021William Haywood • Student • Course: Java Development • Campus: OnlineMerit America is, without a doubt, the best coding bootcamp I have come across in my search. Most other bootcamps I have heard of charge from 2 to 5 times as much as Merit America (a cost you will likely incur upfront) and offer very little by way of developing your professional skills to help you market your new coding skills and ultimately land a job. Merit America manages to tie all these loose ends together by combining a broad coding curriculum that can teach a non-coder to be industry ready in under half a year with great professional support to teach learners how to succeed in interviews, write good resumes and stand out to employers in a sea of applications. Merit America boasts all of this while charging the learner nothing upfront, instead, upon the learner being hired into the tech industry, the learner then pays back a modest fee over time. What's more is that Merit America partners with powerful companies like JPMC and HCL to provide their learners with the opportunity to show their skills in front of industry professionals and generate job leads. Merit America hands you all the tools you need for success practically on a silver platter, all you need to do is the work.
- Advance your career- 10/7/2020Jennifer Hoang • Applicant • Course: Java Development • Campus: DallasIf your truly looking for a good opportunity to learn and apply your skills then this it is. I love this program and everyone I was able to meet. Everyone is super supportive and always willing to help as long as you’re open as well. It can be hard at times but that’s why you have your peers and the team to help guide you but you have to do the work. I was able to learn so many new things and professional, I am so more open and skilled. I was able to break through my shell and go to networking events and mock interviews. I didn’t land that big developer job but I was able to get my foot in and now I work at Apple. You will go through a lot of interviews and you will receive more no’s then yes. But never give up, they always got your back. You got this other learners, keep that mind young.
- Java Developer-Graduate- 10/3/2020Beauty Kabore • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: DallasLife Changing Experience
I didn’t even know I could be good at programming until I encountered Merit America. The constant coaching ( not only with coding but in the professional sphere too) and peer meetings made the learning process a lot easier. My LinkedIn profile stands out so well that, I am constantly getting noticed by recruiters. I am gaining more knowledge and delving deeper into programming; something I wouldn’t have ventured into if not for Merit America.
Do not miss this life changing opportunity !
Go for it!
- Learner- Google IT Professional Support- 6/22/2020Angela Steward • Learner • Student • Course: IT Support • Campus: DallasGreat blend of online and in person training and offers flexibility for working adults.
No upfront cost.
Amazing support from staff and affiliates. They really care about your success and advancement of your career.
Highly selective 13 week program that is very informative, easy to follow for the most part, and detailed.
- Anonymous • ApplicantI have applied to this school through Amazon on several occasions; I was contacted and went through the interview phase and each time, I was turned down. However, not to be undone, I have applied twice more in the hopes of being selected. The last 2 applications must have gotten lost in a black hole as I was promised a response in 24 hours and never received one.
I don't know what to think when a response is promised and is not forthcoming. It would be most helpful to know what criteria you are looking for in potential students as some are getting responses and moved into the next phase, others are getting responses but rejected and some, like myself, are getting no response at all. Sad.
- Former Learner- 6/22/2021Anonymous • N/A • Graduate • Campus: WashingtonThough I had an exceptional experience in the actual Boot camp course and received a Google IT Certification During job placement there were differences in opinion on how to pursue it. The job coach in my opinion was suggesting and expecting job seekers to be misleading on resume's in which I didn't agree with and refused and for that was dismissed and possibly blacked balled from present and future opputurnities.