juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Founded in 2012 as HackerYou, Juno College of Technology is a post-graduate coding school that offers full-time and part-time Web Development, UX Design, and Data Analytics courses both live online and on campus in Toronto, Canada. Juno is dedicated to helping young people get ahead, and fosters an inclusive community of diverse learners. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills, like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses include JavaScript, UX Design, Data Analytics, Wordpress & Shopify Development, React, and Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. Juno’s programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development bootcamp, students have created a website and portfolio, and have in-demand and future-proof skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS. Juno College of Technology offers student-friendly payment options, such as Pay What You Can Income Share Agreements.,

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios. Juno graduates receive ongoing support from the Career Services Team to help graduates land a web developer position. Juno prides itself on its strong partnerships that have led to Juno graduates working with innovative companies around the world, from independent start-ups to big tech organizations. Juno also offers 2-week, accelerated Continuing Education courses for tech-savvy learners.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (214) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (6) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Data Analytics

LocationToronto
    Data Analytics is an entry-level course designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Analytics brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    Start Date October 25, 2020
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
    October 25, 2020 - Toronto
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    Start Date January 11, 2021
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
    January 11, 2021 - Toronto
    February 8, 2021 - Toronto
    March 1, 2021 - Toronto
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    Start Date October 26, 2020
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
    October 26, 2020 - Toronto
    November 21, 2020 - Toronto
    November 24, 2020 - Toronto
    November 30, 2020 - Toronto
    January 18, 2021 - Toronto
    February 8, 2021 - Toronto
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.
  • WordPress & Shopify Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our WordPress & Shopify Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning how to build custom themes for in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients as a freelancer, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
  • Franz Ombico • Graduate

I studied intro and advanced JavaScript in spring 2017, taught by Drew Minns and assisted by Jordan, Trudy, and Garrett.

Starting with just a HTML/CSS background, I learned how functions can enable users to interact with your pages. The course focuses on teaching you a lot of fundamental knowledge and basics.   Combined together, this knowledge can be used to build some really build some really interesting programs on the browser.

I'm now able to send requests to API's and use the returned content to dynamically update a page.  I feel more confident in my ability to work through problems and approach them step by step.  The instructors are great, and their one on one guidance really helped unblock me when I was stuck.

• Khushy Shujaat • Graduate

It was a great overall crash course to user experience design that really delved into as much as one can cover within a span of 12 weeks. Ricardo was really engaging and helpful during class and there was never a dull moment when he was teaching. All of the mentors were great and always approachable and willing to chat when there was free time. It was good to have something tangible to work on as the project and I appreciated that it encompassed both the visual and research aspects. As a designer it was great learning about design approaches and how to implement them in my work. I'd recommend the course to anyone interested in UX design!

• Ricardo is GREAT!!
    - 7/12/2017
    Mahsa Yavari • UX Designer • Student
    I took the Advanced UX course in Spring and it was even better than I expected!

Ricardo is hands down one of the BEST instructors I’ve ever had. He’s so knowledgeable and his enthusiasm for design is contagious. What struck me the most was how he was able to teach topics that are interesting to both UX designers and people with no design background.

Linn and Winter are the mentors of the class. They are very approachable and generous with their time. Their feedback was always valuable and insightful. They really help with pointing you in the right direction!

I only wish that there was less time dedicated to working on our projects in class and more time on the lessons. I would rather work on the project at my own time and learn more from Ricardo in class while I had the chance. Especially that the classes are in the late evening and my productivity is very low at that time. I was already drained from working all day and barely managed to get anything done in class, but then again that could be only me.

Glad I found this course!
  • Chelsea Keeley

I took the Part Time Intro and Advanced Web Dev course in Spring 2017.

The curriculum was much more in depth that I was expecting, considering I had taken some online free coding courses in the past. But the instructors/mentors make sure that everyone is up to speed before moving on to new topics. They are totally fine answering any and all questions, even if you feel a little silly for asking them! And the code along exercises spaced throughout each class are extremely valuable to solidifying the skills you are building. And the three course projects really challenge you to apply everything you have learned, and really show you how much you have learned in just a short space of time!

I have never experienced such a welcoming and friendly environment, everyone is so willing to help each other and talk about their experiences, it is amazing!

I am really excited to apply to the full time bootcamp in the fall!

• Michael • Graduate

I had little design expereience coming in to this but it turns out that the material was easy enough to absorb and I also learned how to use Sketch to create my first project. The topics covered in the UX class were very interesting and it makes you see every day objects/processes differently. The instructors were very kind and always open to answering any questions. The space is clean and the location (Queen and Spadina) is easily accessible which is great since I attend class after work and it's an easy commute. I would highly recommend HackerYou because I'm sure the quality of their other classes are just as good.

• Jamie Lockie • Student

The Part-Time Web Development course at HackerYou was exactly what I was looking for.  It gave me a chance to "dip my toes" in the world of web development and gain a better idea if it was an industry I would be interested in transferring into.

The program provided me with an impressive amount of practical skill development. I went from knowing nothing about creating websites to creating 3 different sites over the duration of the course.

The teaching style is very hands-on and project based, allowing for an engaging classroom environment. There are also a number of "mentors" in addition to the class instructor who attend every class to help work through problems on-the-fly.  Through the instructor and mentors, the students also get a glimpse of the breadth of the industry and potential careers/opportunities therein.

HackerYou's facilities are convenient, clean, modern and user-friendly.  There is a lounge with kitchen, couches, etc.  I felt very comfortable in the physical space.

Overall, I would recommend this program to anyone looking to get a better understanding of the wed development industry, and/or learn a set of in-demand and practical skills. I've decided to continue into the Web Development Full Time Immersive program in the summer and am looking forward to diving in full-time!

• Learned so much!
    - 6/17/2017
    CathyR • Designer, Nutritionist • Graduate

The part-time Web Development course at HackerYou has been a challenging and very rewarding experience. While the information was not hard to grasp, the amount of information was overwhelming at times. I found the 3 projects really pushed me to integrate all of the information in a way that made sense. The structure and flow of the course was very well organized and Anne was an incredible teacher. I absolutely loved her teaching style!! The mentors were very helpful and friendly and ready to help whenever you needed it. I took this course to fill in the gaps of my knowledge. I am a designer and have been building websites after I created one for myself. Once I started doing it for others I realized there was a limit to what I could accomplish with a template. After this course I feel confident that I can now get the results that I want and more. And the bonus is that I really enjoy coding. Thank you HackerYou for opening my eyes to the world beyond my computer screen.

• Lux Yogasegaran • Student

I attended Hackeryou's PT Web-Dev course in Spring 2017. My instructor was Haris Mahmood and he was awesome. Super smart, funny, engaging, and easy to talk to. I have never been more excited to come to a class in my educational career and I am very grateful that I made the decision to attend Hackeryou as opposed to other tech schools in Toronto. I found the community very genuine and supportive and I made some great friends/ connections here. The projects were applicable to real- world scenarios and were a great way to practice the skills learned in lectures.

• Lauren Greenway • Front End Developer • Graduate

My journey at HackerYou began in the summer 2016 part time course and I was so immediately taken with the school’s vibe (think career-focussed fast paced but also unpretentious and relaxed learning environment) that I jumped right into the full time bootcamp that fall. My part-time instructors were Drew and Tiff, who did an excellent job of covering everything you need to know about HTML and CSS in a highly detailed and comprehensive way, while also being super chill. They seamlessly incorporated learning how to code with industry standards and best practices. I would recommend this course to anyone who is considering a career change or who is curious about how to make beautiful websites. Through my studies at HackerYou I have made a full career change and went from working in TV to a front end developer at a software company where my focus is working with the UX/UI team to create a beautiful product.

• Tam P. • Graduate
    I joined the Winter 2017 Introduction to web development and thoroughly enjoyed my time at HackerYou. I learned coding in a very welcoming, project-based environment and would recommend the course to anyone interested in web development. The instructors and mentors were very caring and friendly, and the topics chosen were incredibly handy. There were some topics I wish we could have lingered on a little bit longer, and I wish there were more collaborative group projects, but other than that I give all my praises to this school!
  • Jessie Willms • Senior Developer • Student

I took the part-time Intro + Advanced course at HackerYou in 2014!

Wes Bos was the instructor with Anne and Ryan as the mentors. Both mentors are still with HackerYou – Anne teaches an Intro to Web Development and Ryan is the Head Instructor & Development Lead – which is a great bonus for all current and future students. Both mentors are truly great – patient, helpful, and knowledgeable without ever being anything less than completely approachable. Anne even helped me with a non-HackerYou work-related project before class one evening, which was enormously helpful. It was a JavaScript bug I spent two days staring at without making any progress. Thanks to Anne I was able to fix the problem and submit the project in a much-improved form.

The style of learning – hands-on and project-based with lots of little exercises in the mix – was super beneficial for me! Not only is this the way I personally learn best, but it also means that at the end of the program, each student has real, working projects to show off to friends, family, or employers. You can point to a website or web application with pride and satisfaction (something I experienced rarely in other formal educational environments). I was even able to use a HackerYou project as the basis of a work project (bonus points for getting paid to learn!).

With the skills I developed at HackerYou, I gained a sureness in my abilities I don't think I would otherwise have. And at work, I moved more quickly into complex projects with less assistance from co-workers and greater success (and more positive feedback from my bosses).

• Ashley H • Graduate

I can't say enough good things about HackerYou. I just completed the part-time Intro to Web Development and Advanced Web Development courses a few weeks ago, and it has been such a wonderful learning experience. At HackerYou, the instructors and mentors are so knowledgeable, insightful, easygoing, and patient, and it truly makes the entire learning experience unparalleled.

It was really useful having so many practical in-class exercises that really solidify the concepts you learn so that you can easily apply them in the real world.

Moreover, HackerYou has the most supportive and welcoming community for both current students and alumni, and I'm so glad to be a part of it!

Currently, I'm further refining my the skills I've learned by doing small projects for myself/friends while also learning about JavaScript before my Introduction to JavaScript/jQuery course at HackerYou starts next week!