Function Camp enrollment is currently only available for UK residents.
Recent Function Camp Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Function Camp News
- Start Date
- Rolling Start Date
- Class size
- Tuition is only paid once a graduate is hired.
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
Function Camp Reviews
3 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
The course teaches the latest tech, these guys taught me the skills that are sought after right now. The course material is great and very accessible, and the tutors were always there to help me whenever I needed the extra assistance.
The tutors gave me as much time as I needed and really taught me the key skills in becoming a developer, not just in writing code but in the way the software workplace operates. The tutors are also super friendly and helpful, and even though I was working remotely I always felt supported throughout the process. At the end of the course the practice exercises were so close to the work I’m doing in the real world, they gave me a huge head start!
I took the Function Camp course early last year. I had no experience with coding and did not know what to expect. The course is very well sourced and easy to follow and you are allowed to go at your own pace as long as you let someone know if you get stuck. There are lots of good external resources beyond the core materials as well as cheat/tip sheets put together by the Function Camp staff. The staff are helpful and give clear, useful advice. They are always available to talk you through problems if they occur, whether it's just a quick chat on Slack or a more in depth call. The practice modules can be a little tricky at times but are good ways to apply what you've learnt and good ways to learn the more difficult to teach skills you'll need in the future (tip: learn how Google works!). I would highly recommend the course to someone who is interested in tech but hasn't got much or any experience, as you are taught more fundamental skills and core knowledge as well as learning to write JS. Function Camp offers a good broad strokes explanation of how to code, some more generic coding skills that will help you if you pursue a career in the ever changing tech industry, as well as a good understanding of modern JS that will help you in the short term. There is room to improve as the course is still quite new, but those involved are receptive to new ideas and new tech so I'm confident it will only get better with time