Framingham State University Bootcamp
Framingham State University’s bootcamp is designed to fit around a work schedule. The bootcamp is designed for students with little to no prior programming experience, so there is no application process.
Students who complete the program receive a Framingham State University web development certificate, and leave with a project portfolio suitable to be shown to potential employers. Students gain a network of web developers and mentors with industry experience to guide them during and after the coding bootcamp experience. Graduates from the program go on to be web developers, junior software developers, QA engineers, DevOps engineers, junior product managers, and technical customer success managers.
Framingham State University’s coding and data science bootcamps are powered by Stack Education.
Recent Framingham State University Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83
Recent Framingham State University Bootcamp News
- Data Analytics , Data Science, Data Structures, Data Visualization, Excel, Machine Learning, MySQL, Python, R, SQL
In PersonPart Time9 Hours/week20 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $11,995 Class size 15 Location BostonFramingham State University offers an immersive part-time, 20-week data science certificate bootcamp located near Boston, Massachusetts. Students learn languages and frameworks such as R, Python, SQL, Tableau, Data Visualization and Statistical Modeling. With its project-based curriculum, students complete projects for real-world companies. Bootcamp graduates also learn adaptability, lean methodology, agile methodology, interview skills, and high-stakes communication. This bootcamp is held at the Framingham State University campus, which was established in 1839 as the first state-supported institution of public higher education in the United States. Framingham State University’s bootcamp is designed to fit around a work schedule. Classes meet three nights a week from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. The bootcamp is designed for students with little to no prior programming experience. There is no application process. Students who complete the program receive a Framingham State University Data Science certificate, and leave with a project portfolio with your own data analysis and presentation suitable to be shown to potential employers. Students gain a network of data analysts and mentors with industry experience to guide them during and after the data science bootcamp experience. Framingham State University’s data science bootcamp is powered by Stack Education.
Deposit $500 Financing
- Ascent Funding
- ISA (Mentorworks)
Tuition Plans Installments
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work Light Prep Work Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time9 Hours/week20 Weeks
Deposit $500 deposit required at the time of registration. Financing
- Mentor Works
- Ascent Funding
Refund / Guarantee 100% before midnight of 1st class meeting. 90% before midnight of 2nd class meeting. 50% before midnight of 3rd class meeting.
Minimum Skill Level Basic computer literacy required, including creating and naming files, moving files, and folders, and installing programs; familiarity with using web browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Placement Test No Interview No
Framingham State University Bootcamp Reviews
6 reviews sorted by:
- 2019 Web Development Bootcamp- 6/22/2021Tatiana • Verified via LinkedInThe Framingham State University Bootcamp helped me expand my knowledge into Web Development! I've always wanted to learn more about how websites worked and this program came around at the right time.
The teachers work in the industry and are able to speak to what you would be required to learn and do in that field. All material taught is relevant to what the industry calls for and is a great starting point for a Web Development career and all paths you can take with it.
The staff is 100% committed to your success and they go above and beyond to make sure that success happens! After-program career support connected me with tons of resources and got my resume and cover letter seen by real people, who are industry connections of the program. Despite the troubles COVID caused with hiring, they never stopped being active in my job search. There was always someone available to help me with networking contacts, resume and cover letter creation, or as a sounding board to bounce ideas off of. It's nice to have someone on your side.
Once the lockdowns eased and companies were feeling more comfortable, I was in a position to be hired immediately! As long as you put in the effort, you will absolutely get the full benefit out of this program.
What I will say is the career support wasn't what I was expecting. To be fair, nobody could have possibly predicted the pandemic and its effects on the job market, but it was still very tough to find a position after the bootcamp. The staff really did care and did a very good job of making sure our LinkedIn, resumes, and interview skills were ready to go, but unfortunately, due to it being a newer bootcamp, the staff just did not have the connections that more established bootcamps have. That's not to say they were completely connection-less. They did frequently know a person or two that could refer you to their company. However, I'm under the impression that more established bootcamps are better at guaranteeing job placement due to stronger connections.
My two cents is that if you're doing this bootcamp because you urgently need to change job fields, then this bootcamp might not be right for you. I think right now the bootcamp can only place people for jobs quickly if A) the job market is good and B) you are particularly diligent about applying places. Do not expect to be guaranteed a job. I do think the curriculum and instruction is amazing, and the staff are full of good, hardworking people; plus the bootcamp is steadily growing and improving. I'm sure in a year or two, once the job market recovers and the bootcamp gains a few more connections, you will be able to reliably land a job from it. My recommendation is if you're curious about web development and want a university certification under your belt, this is a great, affordable program that can help you become a competent programmer. Just make sure you have the right attitude and are willing to work hard, both during and after the bootcamp.
- 2020 Spring Web Development Bootcamp- 1/20/2021Daniel • Technology Associate • Student • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Boston • Verified via LinkedInTaking this bootcamp helped change my life and pursue something I'd long considered. I came in with some self-taught programming experience, but every tool I was exposed to through this curriculum was new to me. We practiced using these tools to tackle problems that you would see in the real world. Most importantly, we were encouraged to build out our portfolios of coding projects and instructed on how to grow and present ourselves to companies.
My advice for people considering this bootcamp (or any bootcamp), is to think hard about why you are doing this. You will be paying for the opportunity to make your life better, and you need to put in the effort to make the most of that. The teachers give you the tools, you put them into practice. Best of luck!
- 2019 Fall Web Development Bootcamp- 2/11/2020Pat • QA Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Boston • Verified via GitHubRelatively new program quickly gaining momentum in the greater Boston area. The instructors are very knowledgable and able to cater to various skill levels and abilities. The curriculum is challenging, but students are given plenty of individualized attention on a regular basis making learning a breeze. Plenty of in-class practice time means that you are able to apply what you are learning in a practical manner. It is a short program, but does an excellent job preparing students to take on a variety of career paths within technology. Overall, I was very happy with my experience. It is a lot of hard work, but I always looked forward to every class.
- 2019 Web Development Bootcamp- 1/29/2020Michael Thum • Data Center Site Lead • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
- Stack Education Bootcamp at FSU- 6/17/2020Jaime • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: BostonThe Stack Education Bootcamp at Framingham State University is a fantastic program! By putting in the time and practice needed to complete the assignments, the practical knowledge gained will enable you to create a portfolio showcasing your new technical skills. Instructors were always available before and after class for extra help and encouragement. The professional acceleration curriculum, guest speakers, and capstone project not only allowed a glimpse into what working at a startup was really like, but also offered many opportunities to build a professional network. The job assistance after completing the program helped facilitate the change I made in my career path and lead to the role I am currently in today. This program and experience opened up doors for me that I didn't even realize existed by giving me the confidence to venture into the high tech industry.