elium-academy-logo

Elium Academy

Brussels

Elium Academy

Elium Academy offers 13-week, full-stack coding bootcamps in Brussels, Belgium. There are three tracks - a corporate track, a startup track, and a leadership track. All tracks cover JavaScript with either NodeJS or Java, as well as Agile methodologies. The corporate track is designed for complete beginners and career changers who want to get jobs as developers. The startup track is aimed at beginners who want to launch their own startup or lead a development team, and the leadership track is for those who want to get leadership and project management roles in the tech industry.

Elium Academy’s curriculum is co-created with partner tech companies to ensure students are learning the most relevant and up to date technologies. Elium also offers a "pay later" model where students can pay for the course once they find a job as a developer.

Recent Elium Academy Reviews: Rating 4.45

all (23) reviews for Elium Academy →

Recent Elium Academy News

• Node.js Web Development

LocationBrussels
      We are proud to announce our partnership with Elewa Education, education experts with over 25 years of combined professional experience in competency-based education. In your 10 weeks with us, you can expect to learn the foundations you need to continue growing on your own after graduation. From our experience with students, developers, and employers we have identified a 5 key skills that are central to a successful career as a developer, yet are still accessible to beginner and intermediate programmers: Communication, Critical Thinking, Self-Directed Learning, Business Context Awareness, and Principles of Software Development. Hope to see you soon!
      • 20% Discount for Early Payment
      • Bring a friend and you each get a 10% discount
      • Teach and Learn - take one course, stay to help with the next.
      • More info at Elewa Pricing
      Minimum Skill LevelNo Experience Required. Previous self-taught or in-person coding knowledge is an bonus.
      Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Material

• CEO Earnieland
      - 2/21/2017
      Steven  User Photo
      Steven • CEO Verified via LinkedIn

Hi i'm Steven, founder of Earnieland, the Robin Hood of the e-commerce. As a startup we spend already a lot of money via normal advertising campaigns to reach the smart online shoppers. We learned that word of mouth and referrals are the best to acquire customers. But there is a lot of noise, rumour and competition out there. In order to create the lowest customer acquisition cost, we need to growthhack things. So we decided to do this growthhack accademy. Together with 3 skilled people in automation, engineering and marketing i will follow the three months course. We will experiment, analyse data real quickly and make the right decisions to realise an exponential growth in 2017.

• Kesse  User Photo
      Kesse • Solution Architect • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Prior to joining Elium Academy, I was working in a multi-national company as a Solution Architect. I decided to learn Full-stack Web Development to improve my technical skills and gain a fresh perspective in modern coding practices as well as to expand my network and I got just that!.

This has been one of my valuable investments as it has given me a jumpstart to explore new areas in my career path as well as create new opportunities for me to gracefully transition into starting my own business.

After an extensive online search for the best bootcamp in terms of cost and content, I finally settled Elium Academy. The campus is located in the central part of Brussels and the classes are held in small group for maximum participation.

With respect to the curriculum, there is a good blend of theory and lots of hand-on practice with assistance from the trainers if required. Students are given theoretical lectures in the mornings and given the chance to apply the knowledge during the afternoons in the form of code alongs, projects and team work.

There is a business Lecture which happens once every week. During this period, students are given valuable lectures on the latest trends and technologies to help build the right perspective on what they can expect with the skills that they acquire.

This program is good for Individuals who are passionate about learning web development but do not know where to start from. You will be given a good exposure of the major technologies and the right fundamentals to be able to continue learning any technology you settle on. Take note that most of the effort will be on the individual. You must be commited to put in the hours and the trainers are more than willing to support.

I was disappointed about the fact that the Campus could not comply to their accommodation package as stated on the website during application however, the resources available were kind enough to help me with relevant details to secure one for myself.

• Filippo • junior developer • Graduate

The projects seemed very simple, but when I started asking for more guidance I could see how they were actually very well designed.  The projects in the curriculum were never flashy, but they taught me very important lessons about software development like reading and writing specifications, separation of concerns, modular architecture, and user-focused design.  If I hadn't been asking for help and trying to build the projects like I was supposed to (instead of just making them work) they would have felt like a waste of time.  It would have been easy to slack and not learn the study techniques they were trying to teach, but I can see now those were the most valuable lessons they were teaching.

I'm now a junior developer at a crypto startup and use these skills every day. I don't think I would have been able to keep up if it weren't for the study techniques I learned from the Elium teachers.

The community at Elium is also special.  Since graduating I've moved to Brussels and still see other alumni every day.  Plus I'm still getting help from the instructors 3 months later, couldn't ask for more.

My only regret about Elium is that I hadn't prepared enough before.  Study hard before you come!

• Amazing curriculum
      - 1/22/2018
      George Ingram • Graduate

I enjoyed my time learned so much at Elium Academy.  Elium’s lessons and examples during the boot camp prepared my for my junior developer role. The program prepared me for my future role  by teaching me how read specs, write clean readable code and working with other developers. All the concepts I learned were applicable to most parts of programming. More importantly many of the things I learned in the first 6 weeks of the boot camp were the same task’s that my job requires me to do.

• Nice teachers
      - 1/20/2018
      samuel • Graduate

I was in the september 2017 cohort of elium acadamy and I had a great experience. Classmates and teachers were good, everyone was motivated to learn and I personally learned a lot and made some very good friends.

This program would equip you will the tools needed to become a full-stack web developer and ur programming confidence and the ability to structure your codes would be better by the time you have finished the proogram.

• Simas • student • Student

I was student at Elium Full Stack Web Dev Course. I highly recommend the course. The quality / price rate is enormous. I would recommend the course for anyone who wants to make a career shift or wants to launch his own product. At the end of the course I was able to create my own platform for the business idea I had. I was mentoring by Evan, George and Laurens and all of them were great at teaching as well as helping out when I got stuck.

I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is not willing to put 50-60 hours of work per week, this is not for lazy people ;-)

Simas

• Nicole • Student

Elium academy is a real bootcamp, very though but worth it! You progress extremly fast if you put in the hard work! Study before, do an online course if you can, HTML, CSS, JS basic are a must have. A plus if you can study a bit Node, Express and React a bit before. The teachers will push you very hard. To keep up, you must understand the concepts really fast but do not worry if you are behind they will be there for you to catch up!  Elium is also unique because you have the possibility to work on a concret business idea. David is a great mentor so I can really only recommend Elium to anyone who wants to learn good bases in the new technologies of Web Dev and to become an entrepreneur in the tech industry !

• Olivier • Junior consultant • Applicant

I was one of the student of the previous growth hacking bootcamp !

My name is olivier and during my training at the elium academy, we had to face a acquisition challenge for a company.

Me and my team learnt a lot about the basics of growth hacking and we used a lot hacking tools that were incredible to face our challenge. Personnaly, I wanted to tackle a new challenge after my degree in business ingineering and my profezionnal experience. I think this bootcamp was the perfect way to combine the theorie that I acquired at the beginning with a real case challenge.

By the way, the mentors are really profezionnal and their advices really worth it. They helped us to define the different experiments that would fit the best to the challenge of our company and it worked really well.

Th atmosphere was awesome. Company, Mentors were totally available to respond to our questions and always with the smile.

I strongly advice to the people that are looking for an exciting challenge that lead to rewarding experience to apply to this bootcamp. I feel way more confinent after this bootcamp and ready to run my own business.

• Maxime • Graduate

I don't know what's better - the community and environment you're part of, or how much you actually learn thanks to the availability and knowledgability of the mentors.

I was looking for a short, intensive and hands-on training to acquire some marketing skills and maybe even enter the new exciting field of growth hacking. Elium seemed to offer precisely what I was looking for so I applied.

The price tag was more than reasonable so I had my doubts but a few weeks in, I was convinced my investment was well worth it. The strong points of the academy were in my opinion:

1. The environment full of young, motivated, and entrepreneurial souls - David really supports and helps students with their entrepreneurial ideas!

2. The practical aspect very focused on learning by doing (You actually work on a project at a scale-up in the Benelux for 10 weeks!)

3. The resources you have access to - powerful tools like Benchmark, Ahrefs, Drift, .. and the openness of mentors who have access to a huge network

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me at: maximaxbigup@gmail.com

• Aloise • Graduate

Hi,

I am Aloise, graduated student from the Growth hacking bootcamp, organized by Elium Academy.

This experience allowed me to become a growth hacker in 3 months: before starting, I only had few knowledge of what it was. During those 3 months, I met some difficulties, it was intense, but at the end, it was an exceptional challenge with passionate mentors who helped me to get the most out of my experience.

Now, I am able to build my own MVP. Even if I am autonomous, I still have some questions, and in that case, I can always ask to one of the Elium mentors, who are glad to help me.

If you have a question, you can reach me by email: aloise20@gmail.com

• Mehdi • Growth Hacking internship.

A fantastic experience!

I can only speak as an intern of the company, though all the students I have spoken to are very happy with their decision to follow a bootcamp at Elium. :)

The mentors and the founders of the company I work with on a daily basis are among the most competent (and funny!) people I've ever met ; to learn from them is a real privilege. Every day is a challenge, there are lots of things to learn, and I couldn't believe the confidence and trust they all had in me when I arrived. I was given lots of responsabilities from day one, and the students of the bootcamps I have spoken to feel the same about their apprenticeship.

The company is situated next to the European Commission offices of Brussels. It's very animated and has lots of restaurants and beautiful places. It's actually a very New-York like kind of place :D

It's a great place to learn and have fun at the same time, whether as an employee or a student. You won't regret your investment!

• Chuffed
      - 12/16/2016
      Sam • Graduate

TLDR

I learnt a lot and now I have a job

More in depth

I worked hard before the course to do the pre-requisites. I worked really hard during the course to complete everything.

It wasn't easy but the mentors challenged and helped me. Ultimately you get out what you put in.

Before Applying

DO NOT TAKE ANY COURSE IF YOU HAVE  NEVER TRIED CODING. Some students joined who had never coded before, not a great experience. There is no bootcamp on the planet that will put out a perfect job ready developer in 3 months. You will get a lot more out of a bootcamp if you learn the complete basics first, It's boring and takes time and there's no point paying to be at a bootcamp to just sit at a laptop doing basic tutorials that you could have done at home.

Also by doing this you might find that you really hate coding. at it is a much better thing to find out before paying for a course and wasting a lot of time and money...

(This has nothing to do with elium specifically, in fact if you really want to take a course with doing no coding  beforehand they are more flexible here than on other courses so you will at least learn something)

Overall
      This was their first course and some of the teaching wasn't the smoothest but they took a lot of feedback and the plans for the next course are looking much better.

The curriculum of React, Node, Express also seems really sensible in terms of where the tech industry is going if you're looking for jobs. Or if you want to launch your own things it is also a sensible stack in terms of scalability and possibility to use React Native to make mobile apps

Pedro the tech mentor really knows his s#!t

Juan the biz mentor really knows his s#!t

Alejandro the design mentor really knows his s#!t

Brussels is nice and easy to get by in if you aren't a local. You don't need to learn french. the student housing is good.

• Great course!
      - 11/16/2016
      Bert De Vleeschouwer • Student

First, let me quickly introduce myself. I'm Bert, a CompSci student with an interest (and some experience) in nonprofits/startups.

I decided to participate in this course to acquire knowledge about web development, specifically in an entrepreneurial context which was exactly what I learned.

The curriculum of consists of a combination of (technical & start-up-related)lectures, exercises and project weeks where we needed to work together on a larger project which was a great introduction to software development in a working environment.

The instructors are really diverse in both the level and method they teach concepts so it is possible for both fast- and slow-paced students to follow the course.

An area in which the course really shines is the job assistance. They have quite a broad network and arrange meeting opportunities with a lot of business owners and managers.

In conclusion, Elium is a great way to start you journey in web development. If you want more information, feel free to contact me (bert.d.vl.schouwer@gmail.com).