devmountain-logo

Devmountain

Atlanta, Dallas, Lehi, Online, Phoenix, Provo, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City

Devmountain

Devmountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include iOS Development, Software QA, User Experience Design, and Web Development. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. Devmountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for Devmountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. Devmountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

Recent Devmountain Reviews: Rating 4.61

all (267) reviews for Devmountain →

Recent Devmountain News

Read all (30) articles about Devmountain →
  • iOS Development Immersive

Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, iOS, Swift
    LocationLehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Software QA Testing Immersive

AngularJS, Git
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Immersive

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationLehi, Dallas, Phoenix
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.

- 4/19/2018
    Tanner Smith • Graduate

DevMountain was an awesome experience and I learned a ton! It was like a fire hose to my mouth the entire time but it was really good. The mentors are great and they give you a lot of great knowledge. It wasn't perfect and they can improve in areas, but for 13 weeks, I have never learned so much that fast in my entire life. Also they do help alot with job prep and job hunting which is great!

• Devin Wilcox • Bilingual Census Representative • Student

I don’t like giving bad reviews and this is not meant to put down DevMountain in any way, but I had a really hard time with this program and I seriously regret starting it. I tried to work 3 different part-time jobs and do this full time (twice), and even tried doing the evening courses after, but felt like I kept getting stuck after a few weeks of each retry. It’s difficult to support a family and do the immersive courses. Everyone else seemed to soar through the courses and it didn’t seem to come naturally to me like it did others. I’m still in a lot of debt with DevMountain that I don’t think I’ll be able to pay off anytime soon. I don’t want to blame anyone at DevMountain particularly because I felt like I lot of the instructors are nice people, they have a sincere desire to help you and a willingness to sit down with you. Despite this, I feel like some people (while they may be EXPERT coders) are not able to teach as well as they are able to code to help others learn.

The nice thing about DevMountain is the fun environment, the people you meet, the nice, fun instructors and the professionalism they maintain. Jeremy is a smart guy and I really enjoyed his lectures. They really will try to help you if you’re struggling, but for me personally, I still had a tough time even with help.

Before you join DevMountains immersive courses (and I wish someone had told me this) make sure of a few things:

1. Make sure that You can afford to NOT work for the full 12-week course. You MUST be able to focus completely on the courses!

2. Study as much code as you possibly can before you start. Make your LIFE about code!

3. You are responsible for your learning here. While you can get help if you’re confused, YOU need to make sure you are caught up on assignments and not fall behind. My work made that extremely difficult and burned me out.

4. Make sure you have a decent computer (windows or Mac are fine)

5. They cannot guarantee you a job. And you will have to start paying VERY expensive tuition fees once (and if) you graduate. I’m having to pay $400 a month even though I’m not graduated.

Again, I won’t tell anyone to NOT go to DevMountain because they are awesome! But please keep these things in mind if you’re considering attending.

My review is not to put DevMountain down, but maybe it will give them some insight on how to help others in the future that did not succeed due to unusual circumstances like my own.

Do your research!

• Best Decision Ever
    - 3/20/2018
    Vann Vaughan • Software Engineer • Graduate

DevMountain was one of the greatest decisions that I ever made by far. I was interested in becoming a developer in early 2017 and began researching bootcamps in the area after seeing some advertisements. Ultimately I decided on DevMountain after visiting their campus in Dallas and met the team as well as some of the students. During my experience, they were EXTREMELY supportive of my every step and made sure that I was more than ready to continue on to each lesson. They never leave a student behind and if you are not doing well, they are there for you with plenty of options to make sure you reach your goal. This is why I am a successfully emplyoed Software Engineer for Beck Technology.

• ^_^
    - 2/25/2018
    Paul Polzer • developer • Graduate

The first 10 weeks of my experience at Dev Mountain were a breeze.  It was hard work, but I really enjoyed it.  I loved the atmopshere, the teachers, and the entire experience as a whole.  I met so many amazing, kind, and wonderful people there.  Everyone was focused on learning as much as they could.

The last 3 weeks of school, I had a very negative experience, but there were good people working there that helped me through it.  They saw my frustration and asked me for feedback and eagerly listened to me.  The staff there really care about what they are doing.  They are always working on improving things, and they put their hearts into that school and it shows.  The negative experience I had there taught me the most, helped to prepare me for the future, and ultimately played a largely significant role in landing me a job.

Are you tired of your current job?

Do you wake up every day thinking "I wish things could change"? (that is the nice way of putting it)

DevMountain can change all of that for you.

Bottom line...  DevMountain gets it done.

Six months ago I left my teaching job in Japan to learn how to code computers, and now I have the best job I've ever had.  It's night and day.  I'm still in shock from the change and I feel so lucky.  I invested X sum of money in order to have a job in the tech industry, and DevMountain delivered in full.

On top of that, there was zero transition for me from school to job.  Everything that I was doing at DevMountain is exactly what I am doing now.  That is because the people at that school know the industry.  When I say that they will prepare you for a development job, I really mean it.  Walking in on my first day of work felt like DevMountain the sequel.  DevMountain 2: the search for more money.

DevMountain is not going to coddle you, hold your hand, and have some instant job lined up for you when you graduate.  They teach you how to do everything you need to get a job and then you have to do the work.  You have to put in the time.  You have to be determined to make it work.  If you are, and you put in the effort, DevMountain will get you where you want to be.  They fulfill their end of the deal for sure.

If you go there, just remember, you are not competing with anyone.  Ignore all the talk about how "that guy" or "that girl" is the greatest coder on the planet and scored 350 kabillion points on his or her test and now works for Google "Holy cow man!"  It is human nature to compete, and jockey for position and social-standing, and DevMountain can feel highly-competitive in that regard, but there is no need to feel any pressure to be "da best coder evar" because are plenty of jobs in this industry for people that have the motivation and drive to go after them.  If you don't believe me, just look at Linked-In or Glassdoor or whatever and see for yourself.  Just focus on your studies, do your best, never give up, and you will have a very high likeliness of succeeding.

If you want a job, then signup with DevMountain.  Most the people that I have stayed in touch with after school now have jobs in the industry.

If you are not serious about this, and you're willing to allow your dream of having a better life and a great career get crushed by carpet fungus or whatever, then don't even bother.  DevMountain is for serious people.  I have a highly severe allergy to dustmites and I'm a DevMountain grad.  If you are serious about this, you'll make it work, and DevMountain will be right there with you to help you through it.  They are highly accommodating.

Thank you for helping to change my life DevMountain.  I'm seriously grateful.  Every moment of energy you spent on teaching me and helping me I'm very appreciative.

I highly recommend this school to anyone that wants a job in the software industry.

Five stars all across the board.

• Scott Serage • Student Developer • Graduate
    DevMountain was exactly what I needed to take my coding skills to the next level. After only 13 weeks of attending I am now able to create full stack web applications. In addition to this, I have learned valuable skills for the web industry that include interviewing and planning techniques. At DevMountain I was able to learn primarily about ReactJS, NodeJS, and ExpressJS as well as HTML5, CSS, SASS/SCSS, Jest, AngularJS, and Postman. With these skills anyone can make their own web applications and will become a valuable asset to any web industry. I'm grateful for the experience I learned there as well as the wonderful help from instructors, mentors and staff. DevMountain is active in helping its students that have passed its course to landing jobs in the industry. In short, if you are looking to get into the industry in the most time efficient and productive manner look no further than DevMountain.
  • Jared Parker • Web Developer • Graduate

The instructors and mentors are all very knowledgeable and very helpful.  The 24/7 access to the Provo campus is invaluable, because it provides a place for you to work on both personal projects and group projects.  The course material is relevant and put together very well.  The weekly surveys that DevMountain has you fill out are not an item on their checklist, they do listen to their students and make timely adjustments according to survey data.  Although I didn't require housing while going to DevMountain, I was grateful that they provide free housing because it improves the general atmosphere of the classroom (people are able to focus on studying, not commuting).  As a final note their team that assists graduates with finding positions in the industry are excellent.  They have spent a remarkable amount of time with me after I have graduated and helped me find several new leads for employment.  My experience with DevMountain was very positive and I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to work hard to improve their life.

• Caleb Strong • Graduate

To be honest, I've never been one for long reviews, nor am I a wordy person, so to put it simply:

-DevMountain taught me how to think like a programmer.

-Mentors were actively interested and answered my questions/gave me hope I could achieve the same (most were recent graduates)

-It showed me where/how to get my foot in the door.

• Trevor • Web Developer • Graduate

DevMountain put me on the right track to be successful in a field that I have been passionate about for the longest time.

I did a stint at University going to for a CS degree but I got 'lifed' pretty hard and had to drop out. After dragging my feet for awhile I decided to be done with just having a job and start an actual career doing what I wanted to do. I tried some online tutorials and courses but I just couldn't get into them as much as I needed to.

Enter DevMtn.

When you think of the term 'bootcamp' you might think of what you see in the movies: A drill sergeant yelling in your face about some little detail the soldier overlooked. Well I hate to break it to you, DevMountain is nothing like that. The instructors and mentors are nothing but encouraging and helpful.

The best part (in my opinion) about the way the curriculum is set up is that you are accountable for your own learning and success. You have to put in the extra work if you want to get everything out of the cohort you can. That might mean coming to class outside of the regular 9-5 hours. That might mean staying in on a saturday night when all of your friends are going out because you have no idea what a closure is yet (personal experience on that one).

Learning to become a developer isn't something that you can do by just getting talked at for 8 hours a day. You have to go out and build things and try things. DevMountain is set up to where every single day you will do a project (or two!), and each time you start a project it is build upon the conceptual foundation that was laid in previous days.

Would I reccomend DevMountain? Ten times over. There is nothing better than growing as a developer along side a group of others that are in your exact same shoes with instructors and mentors there to help you along the way.

- 1/5/2018
    Terry Dinh • Graduate

I was very skeptical about bootcamps since you're not getting a certificate or anything to really prove your skills but after going through the program it completely changed my perspective about bootcamps! It was a little rough in the beginning because of the unorganization but I took a lot away from the program regardless. It definitely pushed me a lot, helped expand my network, and gave me the tools I needed to learn and think like a developer. Most everyone I've spoken to had wish they were more prepared before doing this program and you most definitely need to be at a certain level with javascript before doing a bootcamp. I would highly recommend doing a bootcamp once you're decent with javascript, until then you should just get better at it. You get as much as you put into the program, I would highly recommend this program! Also they include housing in their tuition which helps out A LOT since you live in the same building where you work/learn so no distractions or traffic! Everyone at the program is super friendly and very welcoming.

• Great Bootcamp
    - 1/4/2018
    Taylor • Web Dev • Graduate

The program was great! I can not use any other descriptive words because great is the only thing that comes to mind. The course was great, the instructors were great, my time there was great.

I got to build several apps that all got increasingly complex over time. I also liked how I could ask any questions to the instructors or mentors or even students in the program if I was getting stuck on code and they would be as helpful as they could.

The mentoring afternoon hours were fun and super effective. We would learn about things that are outside the material because it was a customized mentor session, basically everyday. Speaking and asking the instructors any questions on your mind, even if you don't understand most of what happens, is such a great way to learn.

The group project is awesome because it allows you to apply all of what you learned and beyond as well as working in a team of 4-5 students to build it which gives sense on how web developers work in their daily lives.

I would recommend this program to other people who want to not only learn how to code, but how to become a true web developer.

• Chance • Web Developer • Graduate

Know that I had a great experience at DevMountain, so this is coming from someone who had a positively life changing experience and outcome.

Pretty much everything that you read up on DevMountain is true, and so your general expectations of the course will be met. But that is only if your expectation is met with hard work ethic. There were a few things that weren't what I expected going into the course. I would honestly say that some of these things are bootcamp expectations and not specifically just DevMountain expectations.

-Learn how to learn. Yes, I wish there were more one-on-one instruction (dont we all want a personal help buddy 24/7) but understand that coding is a primarily self-driven activity. The mentors are like TAs, and they are there to help you through your most pressing issues, but something I quickly realized was that I needed to learn how to learn. How to teach myself more than anything.

- Pair programming is hard. Sometimes you are paired with someone unlike you. Some who does things differently than the way of doing things. For example, someone who is outgoing, patient, and a fast coder, vs someone who is a slower programmer, and takes more time. This happened from time to time and it was frustrating.

- Fast learning and raw logical-thinking speed. People have different abilities and therefore catch on quicker than others. Just know some people get things right away, and others dont.

- There is no silver platter. What I have noticed is that there are some students who just don't want to put in work, studying, practice, and mastery to get to a point of being successful. There is no silver platter. I learned this on the second day of class when I saw people complaining about work they were asked to do.

- You will get frustrated. The frustration dragged me down mentally, and my attitude totally shifted on days when this happened. But I will say, I improved at my "teamwork" and collaborative abilities through the whole course. But if you're the kind of person who can weather these sorts of things and keep your head up, then good on ya. I think you are more built for a bootcamp.

-The tech culture suits some people and it doesn't suit others. My particular personality jived with it really well. I am very interested in tech. I have heard the tech culture being compared to the "TJ" type by myers-briggs classification.

- You will actually have a fun time. In general, from what I've observed, DevMountain students have an awesome time there. Socially, culturally, and within the education. It is a great environment. Though overworked and mentally drained, you will really bond closely with your fellow class mates and learn from each other.

Overall, DevMountain is definitely a fantastic choice for a bootcamp, and you can't go wrong with it. Hopefully, my assumptions and expectations that were off will be helpful for all future DevMountain students.

• Von Hill • Manager • Graduate

Pros:

Awesome facilities

Experienced instructors who know how to teach

Got my money’s worth

Cons:

I expected them to have more connections with businesses looking for designers. All of the interviews I got after the course were jobs I found and applied to on my own.

Conclusion, you will learn a lot and are given the opportunity to challenge yourself. If you are expecting a job to be handed to you, you are wrong. I worked very hard in class and got my money’s worth. As far as job hunting, they help you polish your resume and portfolio, but they have no inside connections to provide for jobs. The only jobs they ever referred us to were jobs that could be searched for online and open to anyone.

Overall, I would recommend devMountain to anyone . It is one of the best boot camps available

• Stan Nelson • Graduate

The curriculum was great and easy to follow, although the majority of the exercises were all "copy and paste and see if it works" types of projects.  Multiple times during our cohort, we either didn't have an instructor show up, or they had to text/call one of the cohort managers in order to cover.

The biggest kicker was the Demo Day that we were supposed to have at the end of the course—never happened.  A few months after we were originally scheduled to have our Demo Day, they finally had one with our cohort and another combined.  I, unfortunately, wasn't able to make it due to my daughter being born.  Honestly, it seemed like I paid a few thousand dollars to fork public repos on GitHub and have an instructor (most of the time) walk me through Codecademy but in a classroom setting.

Maybe the full-time cohorts are better than the part-time cohorts, but ours felt like an afterthought.

• Software Engineer
    - 10/25/2017
    Nathan Turner • Software Engineer • Graduate

This bootcamp was awesome. The mentors really cared about us and were there to help. The career help people were great. They really focused on making us marketeable for when we finished the course. The instructors are industry pros which helped give a good perspective.

• Eric • Graduate

Very intense, fast paced learning.  They offered housing included in tuition as well. Learned a lot, but mostly learned how to teach myself new technology.

• Bobby Anderson • UX Designer • Graduate

First and foremost, don't expect a job out of this course.  YOU have to EARN it.  And the learning doesn't end when the course does.

I was in the after hours cohort, and time was limited.  There was simply not enough time in class to do everything you have to do to get the most out of it.  But, with effort, determination, and sacrifice, I was able to boost my career significantly.

If you are serious about changing your career and are wiling to put the effort into it, then this program will help you get there.

• Chris Gagnier • Graduate

In my experience in this class it is great for 2 types of students, those already working in tech, and those who are unemployed and can devote 10-12 hours a day to the coursework. Unfortunately I didn't fit either profile. I went into the class very computer literate (worked in graphic design for years), but was quickly lost and overwhelmed. The videos were usually 2-3 hours, couple that with full time employment, it didn't leave much time for actual coding. I finished the course completely lost. I spoke to the instuctors (who were great btw), and they advised me to keep working and learning. I attended class often during the next cohort, and continued working on my own. My hope was that I would be able to get to a point that I could "join" a group project with a future cohort. However the next class totally changed the cirriculum and I feel that is no longer an option without spending months learning another language. Without completing badging (which requires a group project) Dev Mountain will not give any job placement assistance. The mentors were awesome and very willing to offer assistance, however the cohorts start up as soon as one finishes, so they quickly become busy helping the current students.

• Kyle H. • Web Developer • Graduate

I had a hard time deciding on whether I should do a bootcamp or not. I had seen my brother in law excel in his career as a web developer and had talked his ear off about getting into the field. I finally decided a bootcamp would be the best thing for me. When I actually started researching bootcamp options, DevMountain was by far the best option. Their outcomes, curriculum, and free housing stood out to me.

I have now finished their web development program. I put in a ton of work. But I am happy to say I have 3 job offers, and I am literally talking with my brother in law about which one I should take as I type this. I think even he is impressed with my progress over the last 3 months.

I would definitely recommend DevMountain!

• Clay • Developer • Graduate

I loved my time here and learned more than a full year of CS at a university.

• Justin B. • Web Developer • Graduate

Sometimes it is hard to trust reviews, but I came to this site before I went to DevMountain and I honestly think the good reviews about DevMountain on here are true.

I went through the DevMountain web dev program and it was by far the best educational experience I have ever had. Everyone I went through the program with along with all of the instructors and staff members went above and beyond to make the program the best. Highly reccommend it.

It was a rigorous 12 weeks and took a good deal of preparation leading up to it but overall it was definitely worth it.

I would suggest counting on putting in a ton of hard work, because you get what you put in. I am now working at an awesome startup company and I owe it all to DevMountain.

• Sean C. • Graduate

DevMountain Dallas really put me in my place because I thought I knew everything there was to know about web development. 1 week into it, little did I know anything about the skills they taught. They definitely humbled me. They gave me skills that I didn’t know about or existed. I have to admit that I’ve code at more DevMountain than my university or learning on my own. They prepare me for the real world experience and the future. I don’t regret anything and feel like a different person than I did 3 months ago. I met a bunch of people that have the same passion as I do. I’ve learn so much from them. One thing I wish I could have done different was take advantage of the free housing. Its easy to wake up and come down stairs to code. Best decision I made for my career. #DM6 Rules!

• There's no catch
    - 8/10/2017
    John D'Agostino • Web Developer • Graduate

I graduated from DevMountain and found a web developer job within 3 weeks.

A little background- the last few years I've worked in a few customer service positions, because with a Bachelor's in Communication, what else could I do?  I was naive in college, I thought getting any Bachelor's degree would land me a good paying job eventually- but it took me a few years to realize I wasn't going to make more than 30k a year.

Twenty-sex years old and I still lived with my parents.  I was depressed and I felt trapped.  I wasn't skilled at anything that made me money.  The things I loved were music, writing, vlogging- all fine things for hobbies.  None of that was going to make me money.

I realized I needed a skill in order to make money, and I got to a point where I didn't care what it was.  I met with several advisors from several different schools regarding a range of potential occupations: radiology, psychology, arboriculture, speech pathology, and so on.  But every single potential occupation was going to take a number of years to complete, and I wasn't sure I wanted to do any of them.

I eventually stumbled onto FreeCodeCamp.com.  I started it a little pessimistically- I was expecting to eventually not enjoy it.  But that moment never happened.  Within a couple of months, I was losing track of time trying to figure out a Javascript algorithm, and then I'd be working on it during my lunch break the next day at work.

I then found out about coding bootcamps, and I chose DevMountain based off a YouTuber's (TheEngineeredTruth) rave reviews of it.  And the whole time, I was looking for a catch.  How could 3 months be long enough? How can 10k cover everything including the housing?  There has to be a catch.

There is none.

The course here is hard. Of course.  But it's also fun for the right people.  Make sure you love doing this.  If you can make it to the Advanced Javascript Algorithms section of FreeCodeCamp.com and you're loving what you're doing- sign up for DevMountain.

If you're hesitant because it's only 3 months, so was I.  If you're hesitant because of it's low cost, so was I.  But does this program work? Refer to the first sentence of this post.

• Juli C. • Front End Developer • Graduate

My experience with DevMountain was remarkable. During the application process they were so responsive and answered every one of my questions. Much better than any other Bootcamp I spoke with.

During class I felt like their whole team from instructors, to counselors, to mentors, to interns cared and helped in every aspect. Their job and success staff gave tremendous assistance. I can not thank my mentors and instructors enough.

A bootcamp is no easy task. In fact, it was very difficult but everyone at DevMountain was so reassuring. From the first day of learning git up til the last day during group and personal projects, I felt super comfortable learning there.

I did a ton of research before choosing a bootcamp, and even fact-checked some of the things DevMountain was saying. I was pretty impressed through out the whole process and highly recommend the school!

• Loren Pabst • Front End Web Developer • Graduate

I went through the program at the same time as another family member, and we both found it very rewarding. I was nervous to start a program that required me to quit my job and drop everything for 3 months straight, especially since I didn't personally know anyone that had gone through the course.

Now, having been through, if I had to go back and make the decision again, I would go back through again, 100%. $11,000 is a lot of money, but the financing was super easy. I applied for a loan and got approved in like an hour. Not working for three months was hard, but we just lived on our savings. It more than makes up for it when you get a job. Coming out of the boot camp you can expect a starting salary of around $45,000 - $55,000, with raises every few months. That's just the way the industry is right now.

DevMountain more than prepared me for the workplace. Within two weeks of graduating, I had over 10 interviews, and 2 job offers. There is still a lot to learn after graduating, you won't come out as an expert, but you WILL come out with some great portfolio pieces, and with the skills to build some incredible websites!

Not everything was perfect, some of the coursework is hard to follow at times, and the concepts are definitely complex. I went in with a little bit of programming experience, and found the course wasn't too difficult at all. Some of my friends that have gone through went in with NO previous experience, and found the course more challenging, but still made it through just fine, graduated just fine, and have seen success.

The real story is - the course gives you whatever you put into it. If you goof off the whole time, you won't learn much. If you invest your time and effort, you will learn a TON. Learning at DevMountain was great because you are surrounded by talented people who know what they're doing. Questions are easy to find answers to, because someone around you usually has experience with whatever obstacle you have come across.

If you like problem solving, and are ok putting in time and effort to work through difficult concepts, I would recommend this course to you 100%. If problem solving frustrates you, or putting in a lot of time and effort to learning new things is hard for you, I would probably say don't go to DevMountain. Or any boot camp for that matter.

Last thoughts - The last few weeks of the course, DevMountain also helps you with job prep. They teach you how to structure your resume and portfolio, they teach you great tools for interviewing, and they have an actual method you will learn for applying to jobs and reaching out to employers in a successful manner. I am very appreciative for all of the time and effort they put into helping ME find a job.

• Kennedy • Developer • Graduate

Attending DevMountain was such a great experience. The instructors were super helpful and the atomosphere had such a great vibe. You literally eat, sleep and breathe code. I loved how I had 24/7 access to the campus. So on nights when I couldn't sleep (which was many) it was nice being able to head over to the campus and get to work. The teaching style at DevMountain is super hands-on and always having a mentor around was awesome because I had A LOT of questions! All in all, my only regret was that I didn't sign up sooner. I sat on this decision way too long and now realize how much time I've lost!