devhaus-leipzig-logo

Devhaus Leipzig

Leipzig, Online

Devhaus Leipzig

Devhaus Leipzig is a 13-week Front End Web Developer bootcamp held in-person in Leipzig, Germany and online. The Devhaus Leipzig bootcamp is taught in English. A maximum of 12 students are accepted per cohort.

The bootcamp curriculum is tailored to build foundations that open doors to a wide array of specializations within software development. Students will learn software development fundamentals, programming in Typescript, full stack web development, graphic and UI design, and product design. Bootcamp students will also learn soft skills, such as team workflows and communication.

Devhaus Leipzig is open to everyone; no prior technical experience is required. Applicants should fill out an online form which will be followed by an interview with two Devhaus team members. All applicants receive an admissions decision within 30 days.

Students will have the opportunity to participate in a mentorship program and connect with DevHaus Studio mentors who can support bootcamp students in their future professional development.

Multiple payment options for Devhaus may be available, including payment plans, government programs, loan partners, and scholarships.

Recent Devhaus Leipzig Reviews: Rating 4.53

all (15) reviews for Devhaus Leipzig →

Recent Devhaus Leipzig News

• Full Stack Web Developer

Start Date September 13, 2021
    LocationLeipzig
    Deposit1.600
    Tuition PlansPayment plans are available.
    ScholarshipScholarships may be available.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior technical experience is required to apply
    September 13, 2021 - Leipzig Apply by September 03, 2021
  • Dorian Wilhelm  User Photo
    Dorian Wilhelm • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Amazing group of very dedicated and lovely people that guided us through 13 weeks of intense learning to teach us the basics of web development. I cannot describe how much effort and patience our instructor Gabe put in to make these 13 weeks as effective as possible.
  • Lukas  User Photo
    Lukas • Junior Cloud Consultant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I would 100% take this camp again. Not only because it almost instantly paid off for me by getting employed as a Junior a month after but also because I really liked the whole experience. The whole Devhaus Leipzig team is just super nice and very caring for their students even after the course and they did a great job creating a place where I felt supported and save. When it comes to the teaching I feel like I can't praise Gabe's ability enough to explain even complex concepts in simple words but in a way that you learn from it no matter if you are already familiar to it or completely new. There was always time to ask questions and to help people that were struggling with a topic. Also we didn't learn only the solutions but how to help ourselves finding our way through an ever-changing world of software development. Maybe it is also noteworthy that the position I am in now is a back-end only one so this camp can truly provide you with a full-stack skill set from where you can evolve in which ever direction you want. Thank you for the good time and I am looking forward to stick around and be part of that awesome network of support that is building around Devhaus!
  • Gabriela  User Photo
    Gabriela • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The curriculum is smooth and step by step we are introduced to new challenges which get complex through the course to make us feel how is the real environment in an IT team. In the end, the students do not get the answers ready, but we learn how to find them, and especially how to get used to pair programming with seniors, where you try first, and then observe how a senior solve the problem, to then fix your code by yourself. This is how you evolve quickly, and Gabe is the best teacher to bring students close to a real IT environment. Thanks to Gabe I learn how to take advantage of pair programming and could evolve quickly when I got my first job as I knew how to work with seniors. I learned VUE framework, but on my job, I needed ANGULAR, and guess what? Thanks to Devhaus Leipzig I learned how to learn! The housing is an amazing space to enjoy our community and it's always open, just drop a message on discord, go there and grab a drink. I am serious, it is that simple. The experience is more important than diplomas during the code camp. I found a job afterward as soon as the economy recovers from the corona crisis (March-August 2020) AND! Even before the program begins Taylor support me to get two job offers which did not succeed because of the crisis. Besides these two job offers, Taylor sent my curriculum and put me in contact with different HR departments. You will have a job guaranteed, in case you are prepared to spend hours looking for answers, and guess what? This is the reality on IT you will never have the answers ready! So if you really want to switch careers, this is the community you need!
  • Vera S.  User Photo
    Vera S. • Junior Full-Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I can’t speak highly enough of my experience at Code Camp (Devhaus) Leipzig. Said in advance, the code camp is very challenging and students need to be committed to take full advantage, but if you do it will pay off. For me it was undoubtedly one of the best decisions I ever made.

All the teachers, and in particular the lead instructor Gabriel, are very friendly, knowledgeable and passionate to share their knowledge with the students. Gabriel's teaching methodology is extraordinary. He created a learning environment that was tailored to the people and allowed us to learn the best and most we could. While he can explain the material clearly and in different styles, he still encourages independent working and gives the highest quality feedback on the student's work. He goes above and beyond so that every student can have the maximum gain out of the effort they put in.

The curriculum is designed in a very thoughtful way and leads up to a clear learning goal from the very beginning of the course. The various teachers accompanying the course along the road are all very unique and showed me how to solve problems in really effective ways. The various guest lectures enrich the course with insights into the diverse fields encouraging the students to find their place and specialty in the tech world. This leaves the students at the end of the course with a very strong foundation to start their new career paths.

Throughout the code camp, Taylor scheduled one-on-one meetings with all of the students to discuss their learning path, career goals and give advice on how to approach problems of any kind. I always enjoyed the talks with him and whenever I had questions prepared for him I only needed to ask him one, he would predict my next questions and answer them in advance. He really cares about the well-being and continuous growth of all the students. Also after the camp, he always has an open ear and is available for talks and questions.

Additionally, you get to make new friends and be part of an amazing community. I met a lot of extraordinary people, both instructors and other students, that have left a very positive impact on my life and career. I gained so much more than just a new career -  Code Camp Leipzig exceeded my expectations by far.

If you considering becoming a developer Devhaus Leipzig is the best place to start.

• Björn  User Photo
    Björn • Customer Success Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a graduate of the very first Code Camp Leipzig this has literally been life-changing.

I moved to Leipzig 2 days before the classes started, after having quit a pretty decent job. My goal was to refresh my IT-knowledge and transition to the tech-field while providing for my wife and soon to be born child.

This all happened and more. I made friends, best-friends that still hang out, provide support and are fun to talk to and oh, so helpful.

It was astonishing with what a great community and vibe, one can learn so much over the course of 3 months.

Seldom instructors have been more helpful. A big shout out to Gabriel Heinrich, Taylor Harvey, Dan McAtee, Simon Johanning, Damaris Kröber, Franz-Josef Wollang and everyone involved. Not only did they teach in a way that we all could follow along, they also created a community and were always helpful and full of knowledge. Especially Gabriel is a well of knowledge and even though I am prone to speak in superlatives I would count him as one of the most knowledgeable and intelligent people I have ever met and like a great magician he was able to teach the skills and even the most difficult subjects with the ease of Van Halen playing power chords.

Being the first course the curriculum was very tight and exhausting at times, but I know that this has been fixed, with a break in-between and some adjustments. My personal favourite was the design thinking part of the experience which brought out my creativity.

With the help of the Devhaus Leipzig (then Code Camp Leipzig) I secured a job before graduating and I continue and stay in touch with the community.  I am now working in an even better job with another alumni and 10/10 would take this leap of faith again.

Bring time and the willingness to learn and this will be a great experience. Don't expect to come out a senior developer but with initiative and an understanding company this is where amazing junior developers are made with a touch, I truly believe, you won't find elsewhere.

I can't recommend the experience more! It's been fantastic and they are fantastic.

• Felix  User Photo
    Felix • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Devhaus Leipzig for me was a truly amazing experience.

The curriculum was very versatile and offered lots of inspiration for everyone in our course to find his or her admired place in the tech-universe. All instructors not only had an outstanding skillset in their subjects but were very good teachers. In this bunch I want to stress out the lead instructor, as his didactic methods are extraordinary and he managed to challenge all levels of experience among the students at all times. The lessons were very well thought through and lead up to a clear learning goal right from the start.

Another great benefit of this course is the connection to Leipzig's (and other parts of the world) tech scene. That gives you a head start for networking. Remember that the community is ever growing with every course. The classes so far have been notably diverse and the majority of Alumni are often around for advice and sharing experiences. This makes the community as lively and profitable as it is!
    Also great support ist being offered when it comes to Job Assistance - you just have to ask for it and be appropriately prepared yourself.

I can truly recommend Devhaus Leipzig. It can be a groundbreaking experience, when you are open for it and ready to contribute quite some effort on your side, too.
  • Hannes  User Photo
    Hannes • Front-End Developper • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    My Devhaus 2021 course took 13 weeks (including one week mid-term break), startet off with the basics of computer science, continuing with the basics of Typescript, leading to front-end frameworks (i.e. vue.js) all the way to basic concepts/structures and coding of back-end infrastructure (PostgreSQL, fastify.js, Docker).
    What I liked most about the camp is the perfectly adjusted curriculum tought by amazing (meaning: thoughtful, knowledgeable and simply nice) teachers, based on quite some teaching experience. It basically contains all you need for software development, although there is not enough time for diving as deep into every part of software development as required for being an expert.
    Second most I liked the open-minded and helpful atmosphere throughout the entire devhaus team. I got support wherever I needed it. Thank you!

And, good to know for interested people: I had a 3-month javascript course before (@ alfatraining) that was not comparable in terms of the overall quality or the support. However, I had an idea of the JS basics and had heard of front-end frameworks. This might have helped, landing my first software developer job on the last day of Devhaus Code Camp. But I would not have known anything about all my interview questions and assigned coding tasks without Code Camp and the camp tought me everything I needed for my succesful application :)
  • Chaz • Frontend Developer • Graduate
    I moved to Germany in December 2019 with no idea where I wanted to take my career in my new home. Devhaus Leipzig gave me to the opportunity to start a new, fascinating career. I quickly understood how legit they were because of how seriously they took their on-boarding process. After being accepted to the small, intimate class I was very excited to get started.
    The pandemic shutdown began after one in-person class, and they were able to quickly switch to an organized and impressive online class. Gabriel's ability to adapt the syllabus and work with students remotely was extraordinary. Over a 3 month period we were able to hit all the fundamentals and full stack development at a fast, but healthy pace. The group projects were fun, inviting, and inclusive. The consistent check-in's from Taylor and the team gave us an idea of our progress. They wanted to check on their community and make sure everyone's expectations were met.
    After the class, it was a bit tough to find work during the height of the pandemic, but Taylor, Gabriel, and the Devhaus community was very helpful with their job assistance, and helping me make connections. Eventually I had 3 interviews in one week, and two job offers. I took one of the offers and I've been loving it, and learning more and more everyday. Devhaus gives you the foundation to become a great developer!
  • Mission complete
    - 7/13/2021
    Moritz • Graduate
    As I was working as a independent, self-thought Full-Service-Web-Developer before, I already brought a good ability for finding solutions and setup and customize a website. But I always felt like struggling with new technologies and didn’t really know if I did things the right way. In Code Camp I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience, also in Teamwork, workflows, new tools,…
    The teachers always picked the right way, so we didn’t learn how to do things fast, but right!
  • Christina F. • Graduate
    Code Camp (DevHaus) was the best thing I could have done. If you want to get started with coding, this is the place to be. Gabe is a great coach. He has a lot of patience and experience and explains it several times as needed. He also always shows you the big picture, which is great for basic understanding and classification in itself. I also found the general structure of the course perfect for me. A good mix of theory and practice. Franz lessons were special but really good.

The small weekly challenges (small projects) were a lot of fun and you can see at the end of the CodeCamp, how you have developed.
    I can only repeat myself... great concept, super implementation with a lot of heart and soul.

And with our curry sausage app, we're going to make it big... someday.
    I can only referr you to the other positive comments you can find here. Bottom line: worth the money, join and enjoy community, get the assistance to take some decisive steps into a web-dev carreer.
    I liked the personal investment by the whole Devhaus Team and affiliates a lot. Wich makes a big difference to an average education business and courses build on ''sellsword''-instructors.
    The main instructor is skillfull and competent in technical terms as well as in presenting and teaching. Good Balance between theory and practice.