claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers a 12-week classes in full stack Java and .Net. Claim Academy is accredited and approved by the State of Missouri Workforce Development to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Ruby Course through Code School before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming work with mentors and instructors and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Claim Academy reports a 95%+ placement rate. Graduates, on average, attain a starting salary of $58,000. Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.56

all (89) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (5) articles about Claim Academy →
  • .NET/C# Bootcamp

AngularJS, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, Front End
    St. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Azure, C # deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    $500
    Lending partners like Skill Fund and Pave offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead and apply even before you start classes.
    $500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Beginner
    Prework and Technical interview.
    Interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• .NET/C# Bootcamp (St. Louis)

• Christopher Page • Student • Student

Claim Academy gave a new direction to a disabled veteran that needed a bit of guidance considering my circumstances. It was tough and requires a bit of tenacity, I was here 10 hours a day five days a week.

In addition to that I also supplemented my learning through other course work because the instructor is available for three hours of the day.

Furthermore the staff is here to help, but it depends on you to reach out and ask per the issue that you have. We are adults and claim expects you to act as such, that being said if you don't speak up they won't know there is an issue.

It can be done, a life changing opportunity that puts you in a position to support yourself and your family for a little under three months of hard work. It's worth it, but you get what you give...

Job placement services are working in my favor and there are a lot of chances and opportunities available and it's an ever growing market, with demo day I was able to network and receive a variety of offers.

• Claudia Sittman  User Photo
    Claudia Sittman • Java Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Deciding to enroll in the Claim Academy's full stack Java program was the best investment I ever made. That's because I invested in myself! After five years in a career that left me feeling exhausted and empty, I needed something more. I felt stuck in a career that was burning me out because I thought changing careers meant going back to college, more student loans, 2-4 years of coursework, and I just didn't have the time for that.  But I was wrong. There is another way. Claim Academy! It was affordable, and only a 12 week program. It sounded like exactly what I was looking for. I knew I needed to be challenged and pushed outside of my comfort zone to feel more fulfilled. Claim Academy did both of those things for me. I had almost no experience with coding or programming before I attended Claim, but it didn't matter. The instructors were very knowledgeable and even made themselves available to us outside of class hours. The other students in my class were amazing, and by overcoming challenges together, we became family.

Before I started at Claim, I doubted myself. I was very nervous about starting a new career as a developer after only 12 weeks of classes. I was afraid I would never learn enough to actually be able to start a new career.  I saw all of these students in the class ahead of me getting jobs before they even finished the program, and I thought that would never happen for me. I was wrong again. After only my fourth week of classes, I got a job offer and am now working full time as a Java Developer. My salary almost doubled from my last job, and I love going to work every day! It was only 3 months ago that I started dreaming of a new career, and a new life. Thanks to Claim Academy, that dream is now my every day reality.

I am so thankful to Ola, Lamar, Praneeth, and all the staff at Claim Academy. They gave me the best gift I have ever gotten; the confidence to reach my full potential.

• Full Stack Java
    - 5/22/2019
    Adrian  User Photo
    Adrian • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I attended Claim's Full Stack Java Developer bootcamp.  The first couple of days started off slow.  However, the rest of the way sped up considerably.  A lot of late nights.  It took a bit of time to get used to the 12pm-9pm schedule.  But I soon adjusted and appreciated not having to deal with traffic.

The instructors were great.  They had different styles which balanced each other out.  It also allowed us to see various ways to tackle the same problem.  You will likely feel overwhelmed by the end of the second week.  Although, this can be prevented some by preparing before you attend.  I applied and was accepted at the deadline.  So I didn't get much of a chance to prepare as thoroughly as I would have liked.  My advice?  Use the resources available online to study Java(or c# if that which path you take) well in advance of your start date.  Also, use something to practice coding challenges. Make sure to understand the solution.  Youtube has some great walkthroughs.  At the very least, make sure you are comfortable with manipulating strings and working with arrays.

The staff was helpful in getting me situated once I got to St Louis.  I drove over from Kansas City.  They provided plenty of job leads and the employers came out to see our final capstone presentations,  I needed to take a couple of days off(medical issue).  They were very supportive.

Overall, I feel that I received quality training.  I get messages for interviews on LinkedIn and I have a few set up for this week and next.  Quite a few of my classmates have already found jobs so I know it works.

I would also suggest checking with former students on LinkedIn.  That will give you great info.  Just don't blow them up with messages.

• Thank you Claim!
    - 3/22/2019
    Griffin Skubish  User Photo
    Griffin Skubish • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am very thankful that I came to Claim Academy.  I am not the type to thrive in a regular classroom and claim was the perfect combination of class size and great instructor.  Even when I was struggling throughout the course and they really went the extra mile to make sure that I was comfortable and able to graduate.  My class mates were great and all of my instructors were knowledgeable and helpful and I never felt out of place.   Even after graduation they are helping me in my job search and I couldn't be more thankful to them.  Thank you Claim Academy!

• Perfect fit for me
    - 1/31/2019
    Jesse Patch  User Photo
    Jesse Patch • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Claim Academy was exactly what I was looking for. I knew I wanted to change careers, but didn't know where to get started. Rather than waste my time just studying on my own, hoping I was studying the right things, Claim offered a structured cirriculum that helped point me in the right direction. The instructors were incredibly helpful and I always felt encouraged by all of the staff. The assistance they provided with my resume, looking for a job, and practicing for interviews was invaluable to me, someone who is terrified of the job hunt.

• Overall Experience:

Diversity.  Inclusion.  Accessibility.  Mentorship.  Empowerment.  Support.  Adaptability.  Comfortability.  Instructors that know their stuff really, really well.  Instructors that share "real-world" tricks of the trade.  They go out of their way.  This is what makes Claim unique and increases your chance of greatest success.

Shortly after I applied, Travis called me to walk me through the onboarding process, and he gave me his personal phone number in case I had any questions or problems.  I met the founder, Ola, who is open to being contacted directly, as well.

Sahara makes learning the complexity of Java and frontend simple and easy to understand.  She will sit with you to make sure you "get it".  You can interrupt her at any given moment and she manages to help everyone.  She keeps you on your toes to make sure you allocate time to career development and to apply for jobs.  She and Praneeth will give you the practice you need to ace technical interviews.  They will also tailor this to specific upcoming interviews.

Praneeth is the C# king - his widsom and expertise shines through.  He also has great tips on how to learn faster and he has a wealth of programming and industry insight.  He shares this in a way that we can apply to the "real world".

Lamar is just amazing.  He makes sure you don't have any gaps in your understanding.  He makes you stretch your mind.  He will stay into the wee hours of the morning if need be.  You can call him anytime.

Amanda will show up at networking events outside of class and on the weekends.  Her relationship building yields so many new job opportunities for us.

Ola helps you be the "total, employable package".  He leads by example.  He's a TedX Fellow and Pulitzer Foundation Speaker.

Bottomline, everyone's a coach that helps pave the way for new and rewarding opportunities!  I don't just get interviews; I get offers.  And I have Claim Academy to thank.

• Rewarding
    - 8/24/2018
    Epharra Mendoza  User Photo
    Epharra Mendoza • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before joining Claim Academy, I had previous coding experience that I had picked up through TreeHouse, Codecademy, and through courses that I had been taking at UMSL. But none of those experiences could have prepared me for the intensly challenging and thorough classes at Claim Academy. Each lesson was saturated with "real-world" problems and solutions, which is so much more valuable than the previous dry textbook-style learning I was used to. This program was hands-on with its labs that encouraged us to write either whole or mini applications each and every lesson.

I graduated Claim Academy with fully-functional and complete applicatons, which I found to be incredibly useful to speak about during interviews. During Demo Day at Claim, I was able to present my final application in front of employee-searching companies. Shortly after, I recieved a phone call from a represetative who had seen my presentation and I was offered a position.

I am grateful to have enrolled at Claim Academy. It gave me the stepping stone that I needed to get my foot in the door and begin a career in programming, and for that I am thankful!

• Graduate
    - 8/3/2018
    Modiene KANE  User Photo
    Modiene KANE • Full Stack Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This Coding Bootcamp has been very intense, the instructors, mainly Sahara and Praneeth were  knowledgeable and dedicated to help , challenging us daily and providing one-on-one sessions when the going was rough. Ola is not sparing any effort or idea to make sure we have the perfect framework. It is not about just  aligning lines of codes, but getting us to become comfortable with the very tools,  environments, methodologies and teamwork one will find in the software engineering world where we are all heading towards. I would recommend Claim Academy to any person considering to get into software engineering.

• Mark D Johnson II  User Photo
    Mark D Johnson II • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am definitely ecstatic that I was chosen for this program. I entered into a classroom that was uniquely diverese and welcoming. The instructors really have faith in the students and in the program. No answers were given but they forced us to think. By my second week I had already noticed that my perception of everyday things had started to change. I was starting to disect programs and websites in my everyday life, like on a trip to AutoZone. The twelve weeks were long, but they really did go by quite fast. Overall I enjoyed myself aand learned a host of new skills that I feel will be relevant for decades to come.

• Meagan  User Photo
    Meagan • graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am a Navy veteran who was looking for face-to-face training classes in coding, after getting frustrated trying to learn it through 100% online tutorials. I was referred to Claim Academy by a fellow veteran and received a scholarship to attend. Claim Academy LOVES veterans and will be flexible with your schedule to accomodate your training and your life. They taught us full-stack Java development, performed resume and LinkedIn reviews and taught us soft skills needed for interviewing. They also taught us interview techniques specifically related to the tech industry and helped us to know what to expect on the job after. On the second to last day of class, students present the web applications they built in front of a room full of employers. I was interviewed by four companies right there on the spot. Claim Academy's staff will help you find positions to apply to and do whatever they can to help you find full-time employment, a better-than-average starting salary and benefits.

• Denise Judd  User Photo
    Denise Judd • Full Stack Java Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This is a very intense bootcamp and you need to be persistent in your studies even outside the program to succeed. At times, it was overwhelming but by staying the course, you begin to realize that you are getting it and put your new skills to work on a capstone project that you are passionate about. That was very rewarding!

The instructors are very knowledgeable and the staff is passionate about what they do. Our particular class was the largest due to awarding Facebook scholarships and I believe that more staff was probably necessary to provide the support the students were needing.... but we made it!! Thank you Ola for your dedication and enthusiasm in making this program available to all of us. It was your encouragement and good heart that kept us motivated and excited on the home stretch.

• Byron Staples  User Photo
    Byron Staples • Full Stack Java Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

What makes Claim Academy the #1 boot camp in St Louis is not only the staff(Sahara & Lamar & Sowmya & Praneeth) is very knowledgeable regarding Information Technology(Coding) but the Java curriculum is very intense but worth every PENNY. I really learned so much in a short amount of time, which I'm proud I actually attended Claim Academy. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Claim Academy from late night learning java code, to peer code sharing,  and early morning troubleshooting React Js. Claim academy is really committed to helping the students gain the necessary skills and provide us with resources to improve in our cohort. In additionally its a great stepping stone to placing me in the field of technology. Lamar and Sahara are the BEST!!!!!

• Review
    - 6/22/2018
    Darius T. Crawford  User Photo
    Darius T. Crawford • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Its a ok place to work...train you very well....just dont be late. The tardy policy is murder and unfortunately was the death of me there.I saw a flyer for Claim Academy during my decision of if I wanted to go back to school or not. I talked to some of the staff before attending & I knew within minutes that this was the right path to go down. The teachers there were very skilled on what they were educating us on and was always if we needed any help. The lessons aren’t straightforward but it it’s not so complicated that you can't finish them. It’s a lot of hard work that might end in some late nights but the education that you will receive is value

• Matthew Sturdivant  User Photo
    Matthew Sturdivant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

What makes Claim Academy the best is not just what they do for us on the front-end (Class, Instructors, etc) but what they do for us on the back-end (job searches, inviting companies to talk to us, hack-a-thons). They really are committed to helping the students gain the necessary skills and provide us with resources to improve in our cohort. In additionally its a great stepping stone to placing us in the field of technology.

• Travis Mathis  User Photo
    Travis Mathis • Business Development Manager Verified via LinkedIn

I've had a wonderful experience working with Claim Academy, since becoming a part of the team I have gotten the opportunity to help change lives. Aside from the military, I have never been a part of such a dedicated structure that focuses primarily on professional development. I am proud of the decision I have made in joining Claim Academy, I do know the impact in changing lives is serious and it happens everyday right here. In a world that is becoming completly digital, Claim Academy continues to move at the speed of Technology.

Very Respectfully,

Travis J. Mathis

• Tony Paolucci  User Photo
    Tony Paolucci • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I found Claim Academy during my job search and dicided it was time I do something to advance my career and get into the field that I've been trying to get into since college. the instructors were very knowledgeable on what they were teaching us and were available if you need help. The course isn't easy but it isn't so difficult that you can't complete it. It is a lot of work and caused some late nights but the knowledge I have now has made it more than worth it.

• Okwi • Software Developer • Graduate

This place has been a fantastic experience for me. It is absolutely amazing to me that 12 weeks of hard work can change your life. For those of you thinking about this program, it isn't easy, but as long as you're eager to learn and committed you will be able to finish it. The staff wants to see you succeed and will take all measures necessary to help you do so.

• Chris Young • Graduate

Going through Claim Academy’s Full-Stack Java Developer was a great decision for me.  I had started out self-teaching myself front end technologies for web development on top of my day job.  I knew I wanted to be a developer for at least 2.5 years running but just wasn’t sure the best pathway,  especially for someone who wanted to stay in St. Louis.   I strongly feel that Claim Academy will show you that pathway.  If you have some Java or C# knowledge all the better but not 100% necessary.  The staff is quite helpful guiding you before, during and even after the course.  If you don’t have any Java experience before coming in like me,  I would suggest planning on spending time outside of class to keep yourself caught up.  The mentors are strong and knowledgeable.  Many will even help you if you get stuck on the weekend.  By the time of graduation, I have had 5 interviews.  Should you want to apply for jobs during your time here, just make sure you balance the time you need to spend on your capstone.

Also, you will get to see previous students come in once or twice a month and talk about their new jobs!  Add to that, hiring companies will come in at least once a month as well.

All in all,  the experience was a great one.  More than I expected!  Made some great friends along the way too.  I certainly wouldn’t be where I would be today technically or with the added confidence in soft skills I gained from the experience at Claim Academy.  I’m glad I did it!  I want to thank the great staff at Claim for all the guidance and help along the way!

• Eddie R • Entrepreneur • Graduate

I've been trying to learn to code for awhile and found it difficult. Attending Claim Academy was the best choice I've ever made in accomplishing this goal. I loved how past students will come in to talk about their experience at Claim Academy and their current roles at their jobs. Employers also came in to talk about their companies and what they are looking for. The program gets you motivated and keeps you focused. I didn't have any issues with the pace or difficulty. The teachers were top notch, friendly and helpful. The staff go above and beyond to make sure you have what you need to succeed. I am now even more confident in moving forward with my personal endeavors.

Tip:  I recommend coming in 1 to 2 hours early, coming in on the weekends and doing every assignment 2 or 3 times. Get rid of distractions and commit yourself.

• Aaron Witherspoon • Graduate

I had the opportunity to attend Claim Academy for Full Stack C# .NET 3/2019 - 5/2019. It is full time M-F 45 hours a week for 12 weeks. You will learn a lot if you put in the effort. I was initially hesitant to attend, but I am glad I did. I quit my stable social work career to do this. Praneeth was a great instructor and Eric helped a lot the last few weeks. I was fortunate enough to receive a job offer in my 10th week to start my new career. The Claim staff are really invested in helping you land a job. Beyond learning technical skills, they will help with soft skills. There was ample opportunity for mock interviews and mock presentations. Can you learn this stuff on your own? Sure, but it would probably be tougher and take longer. Claim provides an environment of structure and support that you can't get elsewhere.

• Kevin B.
    - 5/22/2019
    Kevin B. • Graduate

Full Stack C#/.Net developer

Claim has provided me with the convidence and knowledge to begin my career as a software developer.  If you want to change your career and change your life I recommend Claim Academy.

The Staff and Instructors are great, they are always available if you need help.

• Aziz • Graduate

I believe Claim Academy will give you great opportunity for improving or getting new skills if you had already skill set for programming. It is going to be sometimes challenging but you will need keep going and don't gave up easy. Staff were great and everything went smooth for me since I already had knowledge on programing.

• John Owens • Full Stack Java Developer • Student

Claim academy has taught me more hands-on coding skills than the four-year university I attended.  I would recommend to anyone to attend Claim Academy, if they want to take the fast-track to learning Java or C# with real world enterprise example projects.  The instructors are knowledgeable and has industry experience.  The staff cares about their students and wants them to succeed.

• Philip Penrose • Graduate
    If you're like me you thrive with intense, focused, and practical training.   That's what I came to Claim for and was not disappointed. You will learn a lot in a relatively short amount of time and everything is designed to be useful in the real world.   I'm glad I decided to do Claim Academy's 12 week Java bootcamp!