claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers 12-week to 20-week classes in full stack Java, C#/.NET, Javascript, and Cybersecurity analysis. Claim Academy is approved to operate by the State of Missouri Department of Higher Education to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Java Course through Teachable before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming, work with mentors and instructors, and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.47

all (156) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (8) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Evening

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 20 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Immersive

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 14 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Front-End Javascript Developer Immersive

JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 12-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Agile methodology and RESTful Web Services.
  • Front-End Javascript - Evening

Node.js, JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 20-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Javascript, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

Scrum, .NET, MVC, jQuery, JavaScript, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, C#, ASP.NET, AngularJS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

MVC, DevOps, .NET, C#, AngularJS, ASP.NET, CSS, Design, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, SQL
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer - Evening

Java, Git, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to the STLCC Workforce development group, the most sought-after specific skills among St. Louis region tech jobs in 2014 were SQL, Oracle resources, and Java programming. Developers in the Java environment are the backbone of large corporations in the St Louis region, and demand has never been higher for entry-level programmers. Overview: Our course in Full Stack Java covers the basics of full stack development in industry-standard environments using Java, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

SQL, Scrum, React.js, MVC, jQuery, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb Credit, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Online

SQL, Scrum, React.js, MySQL, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)
  • Aaron Witherspoon • Graduate

I had the opportunity to attend Claim Academy for Full Stack C# .NET 3/2019 - 5/2019. It is full time M-F 45 hours a week for 12 weeks. You will learn a lot if you put in the effort. I was initially hesitant to attend, but I am glad I did. I quit my stable social work career to do this. Praneeth was a great instructor and Eric helped a lot the last few weeks. I was fortunate enough to receive a job offer in my 10th week to start my new career. The Claim staff are really invested in helping you land a job. Beyond learning technical skills, they will help with soft skills. There was ample opportunity for mock interviews and mock presentations. Can you learn this stuff on your own? Sure, but it would probably be tougher and take longer. Claim provides an environment of structure and support that you can't get elsewhere.

• Kevin B.
    - 5/22/2019
    Kevin B. • Graduate

Full Stack C#/.Net developer

Claim has provided me with the convidence and knowledge to begin my career as a software developer.  If you want to change your career and change your life I recommend Claim Academy.

The Staff and Instructors are great, they are always available if you need help.

• Aziz • Graduate

I believe Claim Academy will give you great opportunity for improving or getting new skills if you had already skill set for programming. It is going to be sometimes challenging but you will need keep going and don't gave up easy. Staff were great and everything went smooth for me since I already had knowledge on programing.

• John Owens • Full Stack Java Developer • Student

Claim academy has taught me more hands-on coding skills than the four-year university I attended.  I would recommend to anyone to attend Claim Academy, if they want to take the fast-track to learning Java or C# with real world enterprise example projects.  The instructors are knowledgeable and has industry experience.  The staff cares about their students and wants them to succeed.

• Philip Penrose • Graduate
    If you're like me you thrive with intense, focused, and practical training.

That's what I came to Claim for and was not disappointed. You will learn a lot in a relatively short amount of time and everything is designed to be useful in the real world.

I'm glad I decided to do Claim Academy's 12 week Java bootcamp!

- 4/12/2019
    Tina Russell • Student

I am very thankful for the opportunity to come to Claim Academy and update my skills.  The instructors are very knowledgable and helpful.  They help us get jobs by inviting employers to our Demonstration Day where we present our Capstone project.  The staff always took care of everything needed.

• Kenneth Nicholas • Graduate

My Time At Claim Academy Landed me the job of my dreams at MasterCard!

It's because of my experience learning full-stack Java at Claim Academy St. Louis that I was able to get a job at MasterCard as a Test Engineer in Quality Engineering as an Automation Tester.

To top it all off, the people at Claim Academy are top-notch. Including all the instructors, faculty, and your classmates.

During my time at Claim Academy I've grown so much, and I learned so much from my classmates and instructors.

Sahara, Lamar, Praneeth, Amanda, and Ola are all amazing mentors.

I cannot reccommend attending Claim Academy enough if you are looking to change up your career or if you want to get your foot in the door at a great company working in IT as a software engineer.

• My experience
    - 3/1/2019
    Jessica Tucker • Software engineer • Student

My experience at Claim Academy has been one of the best in my life. While at claim I gained a world class experience in computer programming. We worked on many small assignments that lead to a capstone project. I had access to great teachers and resources. We had time with our instructors but we also had downtime to do research on our own and learn on our own time. We were challenged daily. It was not easy to do all the projects and finish them on time. I had to do a lot of work at home after class. In addition to learning the front end and back end of programming we also learned soft skills and how to present ourselves to companies. We had a well rounded education. I would recommend Claim to anyone who is ready to be challenged and succeed in computer programming. Also we had access to many companies ready to hire throughout our time there.

• Justin Hartmann • Graduate

Deciding to take the leap and join Claim Academy has been one of the best decisions I made for my career.  The instructor and mentor led sessions kept me on track with my learning and working with the rest of my classmates allowed me to gain insight into different ways of accomplishing things and expanding my capabilities.

I came in with very limited knowledge of coding, but a high level of desire to learn and work hard which I think was the best factor to my success.  Make no qualms about it, this is hard work.  You are expected to learn a great deal of material in a very short period of time, so staying on top of your work and not falling behind is of the upmost importance.

Luckily, when you do struggle (and you will) there are the resources of your classmates as well as the instructor/mentor staff who want you to succeed in every way possible.

As with any environment with many people, there are always differences in capabilities and the best way to learn how to learn.  Understanding that the way you learn best may not be the same for everyone is critically important, and understanding that sometimes you will be the best at something, but other times you will be lagging behind.  That is the time when having your classmates around benefits you the most.  There is always someone who is able to help you when you feel you aren't grasping something, just as they may rely on you as well when they are feeling insecure.

Throughout the coursework, one of the most beneficial things for me has been the alumni speaking series, where we got to meet/hear from a Claim Academy graduate about their experience in class as well as outside the classroom in their full time job.  Aside from the inspiration inherent in their stories, it was a constant affirmation that they also went through the same process we did and they succeeded in the end.  It honestly is refreshing to hear them say that they struggled and had the same thoughts of inadequacy
    that everyone feels at some point throughout the course.  When you continue to see examples of people who felt the same way you do right now and see their success is easy to make you keep trusting the system and start believing that you can succeed as well.

If you think that the world of "coding" is something you might like, Claim Academy provides lots of free opportunities to gauge if this is something for you.  Come down and check out the free classes or take the pre-course work to get your feet wet.

3 months ago, I honestly didn't have any idea what an impact this time would have on my career, but as I leave Claim Academy, I leave with a job offer in a totally new career field that would not have been possible in any other way.  I can't extend enough thanks to Claim Academy for the opportunity and everything I have learned.

• Hephzibah Eniade • Java Developer • Graduate

I just completed the 12-week Java bootcamp at Claim Academy. It was probably one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done, but also one of the most rewording things I have ever done. I learned a lot, not only about software development, but also  soft skills and how to present myself to employers. I got interviews before I even completed the program. They won’t give up on you, and they’ll make sure you are ready to compete as a full stack developer, or whatever you decide to do with your new skills. You really can change your career in just 12 weeks, and Claim Academy is where to do it.

• Graduate
    - 2/12/2019
    Farruh A • Graduate

I was very excited when I first heard about Claim Academy. I believed this provided me the best opportunity to become a Software Developer but my expectations were not fully met and at some point I was very disappointed too. Without going into details.....(because it may disappoint some people).
    I have to admit that Travis helped me a lot to find a program I could go through to be able to attend the Java Developer course(Cohort). Also, Sahara and Lamar are very knowledgeable instructors at Claim Academy who helped us(students) a lot to understand programming. The program itself is somewhat intensive and you will have a chance to work on many hands on project(mostly on your own by using Google and YouTube).

If you are planning to attend this program, expect to see a lot of surprises such as not getting your "Certificate" after completing the course and so on. Yes you didn't misread it, we(all students) have been told that we will not get our Certificates until we leave a nice review for Claim Academy. I had to escalate the case to my program case manager(not a Claim Academy person), only after his involvement did I obtain my Certificate without further issues and surprises. But most of my classmates had no other choice but to leave a nice review to get their certificate which they worked for so hard during the past 3 months.

• A good experience
    - 1/31/2019
    Conrad Arthur • Student

I was already in possession of an Associate of Applied Science degree in Software Development, which certainly put me at an advantage.  However, Claim Academy provided me the opportunity to expand my skillset, introducing me to several new technologies I hadn't worked with before.  I also was provided one-on-one instruction which I did not have previously when I was pursuing the aforementioned AAS degree.  Even more importantly, I have been given more direction in the path towards finding employment.  I was beginning to think I would need to go back to college for another two years to obtain an Bachelor's degree in IT, but doing Claim Academy has given me a leg up in only 12-weeks.

Claim Academy Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduated. 97% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $63,134. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 132 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.