claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers a 12-week classes in full stack Java and .Net. Claim Academy is accredited and approved by the State of Missouri Workforce Development to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Ruby Course through Code School before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming work with mentors and instructors and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Claim Academy reports a 95%+ placement rate. Graduates, on average, attain a starting salary of $58,000. Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.57

all (104) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (5) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

AngularJS, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

AngularJS, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, MVC
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Online

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)

- 10/26/2018

Central location, Reputable instructors, and a comfortable study enviroment.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

I was a student in the Java Cohort that completed in November 2016.

Before I get into the details of the program, I would like to say that I received a job offer about a month after graduating. I think it's safe to say that it would have taken me longer to get my first job in the field if I had continued to just learn on my own rather than enrolling at Claim.

Strengths:

For me the strongest part of the program were the get-a-job aspects. I completely overhauled my resume and went from a barely existing LinkedIn profile to an impressive one. This really helped me get in touch with recruiters. The recruiter I ended up getting hired through found me on LinkedIn. Claim also sends a really nice promotional email to prospective employers on your behalf.

As opposed to learning on my own from home, I really liked having things structured. Deadlines helped motivate me to be more productive, and it was helpful for me to be in another setting than my home.

Areas of Improvement:

The teaching could be better. I felt that one of the teachers usually didn't have much of a plan for class. This caused lectures to be very disorganized and confusing. That's not to say that I didn't like him. He was a great guy, but it was difficult for me to learn from his teaching style.

We didn't have much direction outside of class. I thought the program would be difficult because we would have so much reading to do, so many assignments due, and so many projects to complete. There were some times when we were overwhelmed with projects. However, much of the time the main difficulty for me was knowing how to spend my time outside of class. We didn't usually have much we were supposed to read or complete. We were just expected to learn about topics from class on our own without guidance. If I had had a textbook or outline of what information was most important that I should be studying, this wouldn't have been a problem for me, but it's very difficult to know what you should be reading/doing when you don't know specifically what you should be learning about. I would have benefited from more structure, but others with a greater awareness of the field might have been fine.

Overall, I didn't learn as much as I think I should have (even though I put in a lot of time and effort). I didn't know as much as I feel like I was expected to know when the school started, even though I met all the prerequisites for admission. This made the learning curve incredibly steep.

Minor areas of improvement:

We didn't write very much code in class. There were a handful of lectures where we wrote a decent amount of code, but during most of the lectures we didn't write any. I think we would have learned a lot more if we had, but instead we spent a lot of time in class discussion or going through PowerPoint slides.

We didn't have as much time with mentors as had been advertised. I expected the mentor scheduling to pick up as we went but it never really did. If I had complained, we might have gotten more time with mentors. Looking back, it would have made things a lot easier.

Communication needs improvement. The teachers alternated days but they rarely seemed to know what the other was covering.

Before you go to Claim Academy, I would make sure you ask about what resources you'll be using, how much time you'll get with mentors, and how many students will be in your cohort.

Response From: Claim Academy of Claim Academy
    Title: Founder
    Thursday, Jan 05 2017
    I want to personally and sincerely apologize that your experience at Claim Academy didn’t meet your full expectations. However, I also realize an apology alone doesn’t get you the concerns you have.  At Claim Academy we have several instructors who based on several years of experience, and strengths teach certain area of our employer based curriculum and also co-teach.
    We do understand that one of the instructors was not very organized as you would like him to be. We will certainly address that very much and thank you for the feedback
    About you job offer, we are happy that we were able to lead you to one of our employer network ( who has hired 5 people at the time of this writing out of our program ) and hired you. We have over 95% placement rate and we are really proud of this achievement.
    I would also like to offer you the ability to retake any portions of the program at no charge, that you think you may be some more support and mentorship.

Please reach out to us and we will be happy to help you with additional resources and/or to re-take any parts of the bootcamp so that you can experience these improvements for yourself.

Claim Academy was an excellent learning experience. We all had different backgrounds and experience levels, and the curriculum and the instructors adapted to handle that variety so that we all learned from the course. The instructors were both knowledgeable and approachable.

It's a bit early to fully evaluate the job assistance, but that has been excellent so far. We have been provided interview coaching and excellent resume instruction and review. Our career coach does not specialize in technology jobs, but the other instructors are happy to fill in any gaps.

The few things that detracted from the experience are either issues that already have resolutions for future courses (for example, new financial aid opportunities will reduce the likelihood that courses will be delayed), or things that will improve as time and resources allow.

Overall, Claim Academy was a good experience, and I'm glad I attended.

• kelvin gathigia • Graduate

I gained loads of experience at claim. from java logic to user interface development. Special thanks to all the instructor and mentors who devoted all their time into helping us become good programmers.

Claim Academy has an acceptance rate of 30%, of which 92% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduate. 88% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $63,134.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.