claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers a 12-week classes in full stack Java and .Net. Claim Academy is accredited and approved by the State of Missouri Workforce Development to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Ruby Course through Code School before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming work with mentors and instructors and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Claim Academy reports a 95%+ placement rate. Graduates, on average, attain a starting salary of $58,000. Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.57

all (104) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (5) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

AngularJS, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

AngularJS, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, MVC
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Online

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)

• Startlet Plummer • Graduate • Graduate

I have learned way more then what I knew when I first came. I have learned to set up a database and learned how to use MVC with it!
    The Staff there worked with me one on one everyday until I understood what they where talking about. I love how they explain the work to me in
    a way that I could do it!

I have received many phone calls and emails from recruiters setting me up for interviews. I can't wait for where this experience is going to lead me.
    I have had mock interviews and I had a chance to present my project in front of employers, that was created when I attended the class.  I learned how
    to create a Capstone Project.

If I had the funding I would attend the Java Class, but I am already good with what I have already learned.

• Emily Kraft • Graduate

After working for several years in the public sector, I was wanting to make a career change and get into programming. By the time I started at Claim, I had completed a few low-level CS courses online and done a little bit of self study, and I had no idea what else I needed to know in order to be employable in the field.

Claim has a number of different instructors, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and they rotate during the bootcamp. If your cohort is lucky enough to have Lamar and/or Vinod, I can say that they are worth every dollar that Claim pays them. Sahara (the Java mentor) is fantastic as well, although she is also one of the C# instructors, so sometimes we had to share her with the C# cohort which wasn't ideal. There was one instructor who I did not think was very good, but last I heard, Claim was planning to revamp his part of the curriculum so his teaching methods may improve in future sessions. Overall, the instructors are very accomodating and helpful if you tell them what you are having trouble with.

Claim does a really good job of bringing in the higher-ups from some of the St. Louis-based companies to speak to students throughout the bootcamp. During my cohort, we had Express Scripts, Microsoft, and Daugherty come talk to us. Even if those companies aren't able to come to your demo day, Claim often has special application links that you can use to apply there.

Demo days can be hit or miss, depending on which companies decide to show up, so I wouldn't recommend relying solely upon the demo day for job prospects. There have been some demo days where graduates are offered jobs on the spot, but that was not my cohort's experience. Our demo day seemed to have mostly consulting firms and recruiters there. About a month before graduation, I started applying places on my own and working with recruiters, so I was lucky enough to have two offers in hand by the time I presented at demo day.

My biggest complaint about Claim is that I feel like we could have learned even more. While the program is said to be a "full-stack" program, I think it highly favors the back end. Not necessarily a huge issue, I just don't think it's super accurate to call it a full-stack program if you spend maybe a week total on the front end. My cohort never had a Saturday session, and I think that if all of the instruction time was fully-utilized, it would have been possible to fit more Angular 2 in there. So just be aware, if learning a JavaScript framework is important to you, you'll need to do a lot of self study in order to do that.

At the end of the day, I still learned a ton of stuff during my time at Claim Academy and I don't think I'd be where I am today without having attended. This bootcamp has the potential to change your life if you work really hard.

• Joelle Fronzaglio • C# Software Developer • Graduate

Claim Academy is good for networking with recruiters in the STL area who might be able to place you in a job after 12 weeks of coding practice. Of the three instructors who worked with my cohort, two are very passionate and informed. A third left a lot to be desired and ultimately was removed from our cohort.

I came to CA hoping to learn as much as possible according to the slightly exaggerated syllabus they offer, and already had a job lined up afterwards. I quickly realized that their core ranking is job placement (they boast 95% but wouldn't provide documentation to prove it) and that their emphasis wasn't on providing solid resources. Everyone seemed really strapped for time. Our mentor was the other cohort's instructor and by midway through the summer was teaching a second class too, our time with her, though valuable, was limited.

I have to emphasise how much those two instructors are passionate about what they do. I have reservations about the transparany and execution of the program, and ultimately for someone interested in learning more than finding a job I would not recommend the program. For someone interested more in finding a job than learning, it could be a valuable, yet expensive, recruitment source.

• Adam Pashea • Java Cohort Graduate • Graduate

As someone with very little coding experience, Claim Academy was a great way to get a jump start in the IT field. My instructors, Lamar and Sahara, were extremely knowledgeable in Java, but were also effective in teaching us to program and build applications using Full Stack technology.

Through the concepts that I learned at Claim Academy, I was able to apply what I had learned, and by the end of the program had developed a complete a real-world business solutions application.

Claim's career advisor, Travis, also provided terrific career counseling and assistance throughout the program. He was always available, and very passionate about finding the right placements for each candidate.

If there were to suggest any improvements, it would be to provide additional mentorship support, as sometimes instructors seemed be stretched by the task of providing mentorship to all members of our class. In some cases, mentor support was not available due to instructors teaching other Cohort classes, which were concurrent to our mentorship sessions.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience at Claim, and am excited to take what I have learned as I embark upon a new IT career!

• Christopher Page • Student • Student

Claim Academy gave a new direction to a disabled veteran that needed a bit of guidance considering my circumstances. It was tough and requires a bit of tenacity, I was here 10 hours a day five days a week.

In addition to that I also supplemented my learning through other course work because the instructor is available for three hours of the day.

Furthermore the staff is here to help, but it depends on you to reach out and ask per the issue that you have. We are adults and claim expects you to act as such, that being said if you don't speak up they won't know there is an issue.

It can be done, a life changing opportunity that puts you in a position to support yourself and your family for a little under three months of hard work. It's worth it, but you get what you give...

Job placement services are working in my favor and there are a lot of chances and opportunities available and it's an ever growing market, with demo day I was able to network and receive a variety of offers.

• Michael Haskins • Graduate

I was part of the June 2017 Java class at Claim.  I came to Claim with a little programming knowledge under my belt and they really helped me focus my prior knowledge as well as teach a lot of new material.  The biggest strength of the program is they can tailor your learning to a set of skills that are currently in demand, the main focus of the program being to secure a position.  The teachers and mentors were great.  If you are considering coming to Claim, or any other bootcamp, I would guess, just know that it is more than a full time job itself.  I spent on average somewhere around 10 hours every day of the three months working and learning.  You should also be ready for a lot of self learning... while they do present the material and the syllabus that will lead to success, you have to lock in your understanding with your own research.    Thanks Claim!

• Worthy
    - 8/30/2017
    Anthony S Rhodes • Student

Very good curriculum! Within my three months of going here i have learned a lot and i appreciate the one on one help i got with all the teachers.

• Graduated!
    - 7/27/2017
    Brian Groom • None yet! • Graduate

I was part of the April 2017 Java class.  Class was hard and sometimes unorganized, but I did learn alot.  You need to be willing to put in the work for this course to help you.  I finished in July and am currently seeking employment as a Java developer. I feel like the teachers know their stuff but struggle at times to get through to some of the students. They switch teachers on you half way through the course and I don't think that helps the situation either. Still, I do feel like the teachers and student teachers try their best to help the students as much as they can. Thank you for all your help!

• Dominick White • Student

I loved the time I had at Claim Academy. I was challenged every day and was constantly pushed every minute, but I wouldn't change the experience for anything. All of the teachers and student mentors were incredibly patient (which is what I feared would NOT be the case prior to attending).

I learned a lot and I am greatly appreciative for the experience that I had.

• Best Java BootCamp
    - 6/17/2017
    Joel Oyuchi • Full stack Java Developer • Graduate

Claim Academy is an intensive, full-time, java development class in St.Louis, MO. Over twelve weeks, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a software developer. Through hands-on projects, i was trained to build modern  Java applications. Programming experience isn't required; you will need lots of tenacity and a passion for building cool stuff. Claim Academy has a network of companies that employee its graduates. I landed a job as a software developer on my graduation day at Claim Academy.

Claim Academy is the mother of Software BootCamps in the United States of America.

• .Net Developer C#
    - 6/16/2017
    Edwin Caldero • .net Developer • Graduate
    I became a .net C#  sofware devoloper in Claim Academy in only 3 months.  I got a really good experience with good teachers  where they spend a lot of time with you making sure that you undertand . Claim Academy has a network of companies that employee its graduates. I really recommend C Academy.
  • Cecely Harwell • .NET C# Software Developer • Graduate

Had a good experience with Claim Academy. Was not easy but the payoff will be worth it.

• MAYANK SHYAM • Software Engineer

I am an experienced Microsoft Certified Professional who joined the Claim Academy Java Bootcamp in Jan 2017. I was new to Java and this bootcamp helped me a lot in learning and practicing Java. The instructors were working professionals who gave us wonderful examples. They gave personal attention and we worked on many exercises and projects during the entire duration of this course.

The final project helped me a lot in practicing what I learned. The owner, Ola taught us how to give a professional presentation. During the Demo Day there were many professionals who attended our presentation. I was interviewed right away by one recruiter right after my demo was over.

No complaints. Just wish that class instructions were more structured. Glad I went through this bootcamp. Would highly recommend this bootcamp to professionals who are willing to work very hard.

• Java Bootcamp
    - 4/18/2017
    Cherita Lashley • Graduate

I am glad I was apart of the Jan 2017 Java Bootcamp.  The instructors and staff all supported our growth and helped us so much. At Claim we learned a lot in the 3 months, it was challenging and very hard. But it was all worth it. On our final project, I really felt like I was a developer. I was amazed at what we all created.  I meet some great people at Claim, and now I have a great support community that will help me in my career. Thanks Claim. I appreciate all you have done for me.

• Claim Academy
    - 4/10/2017
    Renee Butts • Graduate

I went into Claim with no coding background and came out with more than I thought possible. Ola believed in me, the insructors and the staff were dedicated, and my classmates helped to make my time here that much more awesome. This experience didn't come without some serious challanges and it was a roller coaster ride all the way to the end but I'm glad I took the leap to change my future and I have had no regrets in making this decision. I am much more confident because of it. My advice to anyone considering this bootcamp is to take the leap but as you are leaping make sure you do the work before the class even starts so that you are prepared for the amount of information this will be poured into you. It will be more than you think you can handle but it will all come together in the end if you just stick to it!

- 9/29/2016
    Russell Brooks • Graduate

I learned so much during my time at Claim.  I was provided with all the training needed in order for me to transition to a career in software development.  It was truly a life changing experience.

• Randy • Graduate

The instructors at Claim Academy were the best part about the course. They were extremely helpful and kind to me and all of the other students. I knew next to nothing before the class, but they did not seem frustrated or angry with me at any point. My only complaint would be the overall organization. They had moved to a new location, and this definitely showed during my class, especially for the first few weeks. As we progressed we all got more comfortable and organized. A few classes also were cancelled, one when the instructor was sick and another when he had to leave to repair something on his house. Can't really hold this against either of them though, sometimes stuff happens.
    Definitely a good experience, and I am very happy with my new job.

I was a member of the first .NET cohort, so it's possible things are different now than they were when I was there. Overall, this was a good experience for me. I was not happy with my current job and really wanted a change, and this opportunity came up, so I went for it, since software development was something I'd always been interested in.

We had three teachers that were excellent and one who just wasn't particularly well-suited to teaching, but he ended up parting ways after not real long anyway. The curriculum was a little scattered, but I also allow that this is kind of an impossible field to cram into three months. I think they really did their best and it's certainly no fault of the teachers.

The process for placing graduates is I believe different now than it was when I was there, but when I was there the process needed work. I don't believe doing this course is 100% guaranteed to land anyone a job, but what I did here definitely helped me get my current position. I still had to do a lot on my own to find a job--Claim did help as much as they could but when I was there it seemed like they were still working on establishing the proper contacts.

For anyone considering this, it's a lot of work and you have to be really self-motivated. Consider the monetary cost and definitely also explore other options, and realize what you'll be getting into. This course isn't perfect but it's a good option if you're certain that a coding bootcamp is the way you want to go and you want to stay in the St. Louis area.

I had an academic background however lacked the exposure to industrial practices and challenges. I was introduced to the latest technology stack and after the program was placed with an excellent opportunity! Life changing experience. Would highly recommend it!

• Benjamin • Software Developer • Graduate

I was working as a junior software developer when I decided to learn a new language and get some good training.  I was self-taught and needed some guidance, and Claim Academy seemed like a good choice.  I decided to moved from Florida to take the course in St. Louis.

This was a true mixed bag.  While many of the things we learned are directly applicable to my current job, it was in spite of Claim Academy and not because of them that I succeeded and learned.

We had 2 really awesome teachers and one teacher that was completely unprepared each class.  When he was teaching, we basically learned nothing.  You may have a different experience, as none of the same teachers were used again.  Management was told multiple times about the poor performance of one teacher, but nothing changed.  Don't get me wrong: every teacher was kind, smart, and meant well.  The big break was preparation.  I am glad to know all three of them.

There was definitely a plan, but we veered off in a very unorganized way. This was supposed to make the program more organic and fit our needs, but ended up kind of wasting a lot of time.  Also, because of the aforementioned teacher, we basically learned no SQL during the SQL week (Good thing I learned a lot of that before hand).

Job Assistance:  This was a cluster-cuss.  They  partnered with a company that was hiring out people who graduated, and that company pulled out at the last minute because Claim Academy was not providing good enough people.  Very disappointing.  Most people ended up being taken care of, but the entire session was full of anxiety and insecurity due to this massive change.

Overall:

This is great if you have 3 months to dedicate to learning something new, and you MUST be very driven to get the most out of this.

I am very glad I did this, but if I had to do it over again, I would have moved somewhere else.  Also, the fact that the teachers were not paid what the owner agreed really put a bad taste in my mouth.  I hear the president (Ola Ayeni) has gotten city money and has made many improvements, but I still keep in touch with my professors and they have yet to be paid.

• Great experience
    - 3/7/2016
    Anonymous • Software Developer • Student

I am a former student who had little background in programming and am now Full-time developer! A lot of learning that pays off!

• In it!
    - 6/23/2015
    Chris • Student

I'm currently attending. It's a great decision and I'm glad I did it! Check Out My blog chrisatclaim.blogspot.com

The best option to learn computer programming and software development in St. Louis. The quality of instruction is amazing, and the hands-on experience is the best way to learn.The instructors and staff are incredibly helpful and insightful, and truly want you to succeed.

• Claim Academy
    - 12/7/2018

Claim is great place to have a career change to the tech field. It is an amazing experience to go from a place of no tech/ coding background to developing a web-biased program app. The teachers are very helpful but they will challenge you. Claim also has a great learning environment.

Claim Academy has an acceptance rate of 30%, of which 92% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduate. 88% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $63,134.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.