claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers a 12-week classes in full stack Java and .Net. Claim Academy is accredited and approved by the State of Missouri Workforce Development to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Ruby Course through Code School before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming work with mentors and instructors and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Claim Academy reports a 95%+ placement rate. Graduates, on average, attain a starting salary of $58,000. Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.57

all (104) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (5) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

AngularJS, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

AngularJS, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, MVC
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Online

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)

• Java Bootcamp
    - 4/18/2017
    Cherita Lashley • Graduate

I am glad I was apart of the Jan 2017 Java Bootcamp.  The instructors and staff all supported our growth and helped us so much. At Claim we learned a lot in the 3 months, it was challenging and very hard. But it was all worth it. On our final project, I really felt like I was a developer. I was amazed at what we all created.  I meet some great people at Claim, and now I have a great support community that will help me in my career. Thanks Claim. I appreciate all you have done for me.

• Steven Rodriguez • Student

I learned alot while I was here at claim academy. But You must put forth the effort to be successful here at claim academy. Instructors know eaxctly what there doing and were always here to help. They gave you assignments but it was up to you to do them. I would really encourage anyone looking for a fast paced environment.

• Nicanor Oguname • Student

BEWARE!!!

1. This is not a Fullstack Java bootcamp and definitely overpriced at $12,500 as the depth of coverage in subjects as HTML, CSS and Javascript is very shallow. The emphasis is solely on Java and which in my opinion is poorly taught. Furthermore, you will receive one (1) evening lecture on HTML and thereafter get web links to study about CSS and Javascript on your own.

2. It is not for beginners as they claim and you should be prepared to do up to 80% of the academic work on your own with very minimal support.

3. You will not receive feedback on your weekly assignments and projects.

4. You will not do any mock technical interview preparations nor receive help on re-structuring you resumes

5.           You will not attend nor be invited to any Hackertons/networking events.

6. You will not get any refunds irrespective of the week you chose to withdraw from the program.

7. If you’re an international student, count the cost before enrolling as they have undisclosed and unstated policies that discriminates against foreigners or people of color.

First and foremost, the name Claim Academy fits this school because that's what it is. A lot of information/pledges and policies on their website are claims but in reality are not in force or honored. I've read most of the reviews of the preceding cohorts and keep wondering if they were forced into giving them either because they received their Certificate of Completion on their last (demo) day or most some are on the Facebook scholarship to study at Claim Academy. During my time, I interfaced with two (2) other cohorts and witnessed how most students struggled with their work due to lack of support and understaffed/shallow knowledge base of the tutors/mentors on key concepts such as REACT and ANGULAR. My review is based on facts and my personal experience or that of fellow cohorts during the June – September 2018 Java cohort.

It is worth noting that my cohort started with seven (7) students but after week one (1) two students withdrew because of the poor quality education. The third student withdrew for personal reasons while I withdrew after four weeks of learning for various reasons I've given below. If you want value for money, please take time to read through it.

The school is very unprofessional and cagey.  Prior to my enrollment, I asked them for the Full Stack Java syllabus but they were unwilling to share it, saying it was against their policy. When I pressed for it and they did share it, I noticed the contents and depth of coverage were shallow. This is one of the alarm signals that should have warned me about their competence. I decided to give them the benefit of doubt but later regretted my decision to enroll had to quit after four weeks.

Secondly, we hardly ever received feedback for daily work assignments and never received feedback for weekly projects despite our complaints on numerous occasions. Before my arrival for the Full Stack Java Developer bootcamp, I was told the student to instructor/mentor ratio is approximately 7:1. This turned out to be untrue as the actual student to mentor ratio during the day from week of June 25, 2018 when I arrived till week 3 was about 25 students to 1 mentor (25:1). This is largely due to the fact that the school is grossly understaffed. Throughout my brief stay (about 4 weeks) they had 1 mentor across the three cohorts to share for support. The main Java instructor works full-time during the day and is only available during the nights for lectures and when he arrives he had to first attend to the soon-to-graduate cohorts who have been waiting eagerly for him to arrive because there isn't anyone during the day to provide support on AngularJS of ReactJS which they're using for their various projects. Our cohort will have to wait for him to finish with these before we can start lectures. Also, during our lecture, he still had to step out every now and then to attend to the other cohorts.

Thirdly, as regards, instructors and mentors at the institution, the information on their website (http://claimacademystl.com/teachers.html) is very misleading. They have 13 persons listed but in reality I discovered that none of these persons are with them except, the president Mr. Ola Ayeni. This is done to deceive unsuspecting members of the public to register for their programs only to find out they’ll be left alone to grind out their learning when they’re enrolled. Ironically, I wondered why and how a Software bootcamp will find it hard to update a single static web page. This further underscores the point that they’re grossly under-staffed.

As regards peer learning, we were told at the onset, that students in our cohorts will be paired into groups. This never happened despite my complaints about it on a few occasions.

Fourthly, after I pulled out at the end of week four, they refused to authorized my refund as stated in their refund/pricing policy. They, at the instruction of the school's owner/business partner Mr. Ola Ayeni, resorted to the use of threats and bullish tactics to try intimidate me into cowering. In thier responses, they made so many false claims and lied that all International students were to pay a fee of $15,000. I clearly pointed that none of these are on their website or in my invoice payments. As at present (Sept. 27, 2018), the school is yet to refund my outstanding balance.  These and many more prompted me to take action by lodging a formal complaint to my bank, the U.S. Department of Justice, Attorney General for Missouri and the Better Business Bureau (BBI).

After, pulling out of Claim Academy, I had to enroll with two separate online bootcamps for Java programming and Front-End development both of which I completed in six (6 weeks). I can definitely say I learned far much more than I would have had I remained at Claim Academy.

My candid advice to businesses/organizations who value integrity and sound business principles, is to be wary of partnering with Claim Academy because they could be dragged into a litigation case someday. As for prospective students, don't fall into the same trap. Take your money and go find a better institution. They're not worth your time or money.

• An Honest Review
    - 9/17/2018
    David Butler • Graduate

INSTRUCTORS:
    The instructors are competent and helpful when they are available.
    During the day, from 12-6, the class had access to one java instructor, one .Net instructor, and zero Angular/React instructors.
    During the evening from 6-9, the class had access to one Java/Angular/React instructor, but not for the full duration of the program(except by e-mail).
    CURRICULUM:
    Several of my classmates who were new to programming dropped out. They cited "insufficient mentorship" or "too fast paced" as their reasons.
    You are expected to spend the majority of your time on Google teaching yourself, which is an important skill, but not what you pay other people for.
    Do not expect more than a cursory glance at HTML/CSS here as part of the "Full-Stack Developer" training.
    JOB ASSISTANCE:
    My employer sent me to this training, so I have no experience depending on them to find me work. 5 stars by default.
    OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
    I learned a great deal while I was here, by teaching myself 10x as much as I was taught. There are other programs and resources I would recommend for a fraction of the cost.
    Some of us were pressured into writing a hasty and positive review of this program. Since I don't depend on Claim Academy to find me work, I feel that I can be honest here. Take this into account when reading other reviews.

• Graduated
    - 9/14/2018
    Deepak Galami • Graduate

It is good place to learn cooding and start carrer in programming. You will learn a lot about programming and other necessary skill. Make sure you work hard and ask lots of questions. Mentors are very knowledgeable and supportive. Asking question is must and pay attention.

• kelvin gathigia • Graduate

I gained loads of experience being instructed by experienced instructors. I joined the bootcamp as a novice in java and UI development but graduate as a person who can build applications. Instructors were very instrumental in helping me hone my programming skills as well as database connectivity.

• 12 Week Java
    - 7/24/2018
    Desiree Adeboye • Full Stack Java Software Developer • Graduate

Claim Academy was my introduction to hands on coding.  I am a Scrum Master and Project Manager and wanted to have the benefit of a solid understanding of the software development process  as an asset. I feel that Claim Academy provided me with this and so much more.
     The curriculum was very challenging, and through the understanding of this curriculum I realized what I was capable of.  The late nights and self learning proved that I could excel against all odds. I had never coded before and the staff at Claim Academy offered solutions and encouragement when I came to a brick wall. Our teachers,Sahara and Lamar were very knowledgeable and helped when and where they could. Lamar even came in on weekends and was available any time day or night to answer questions. Overall, my experience at Claim Academy was a positive one, If I could recommend improvements, I would recommend more mentors or teachers since the school is rapidly growing

• Simon Mwangi • Graduate

Claim Acadamy has been a great Experince. Boot camp was not easy, but I definetley had to put in the work, and time.The Instructors Sahara and Lamar are very supportive through the program. Praneeth was very resourceful from working with us with the mock up interviews to helping us prepare for our capstone presentations. Nicole and Travis made the bootcamp exciting and kept us motivated.The team genuinely want you to succeed!

• student
    - 7/12/2018

My experience here at Claim Academy was quite eventful. As I began my journey here at claim, a significant event took place in my life. My mother passed away unexpectedly just ten days after the start of the program. I was lost, confused, angry and just hopeless. Yet I found a way to channel my emotions from the love and encouragement from my peers and some of the staff. I enjoyed the opportunity to come here and reach my goal of becoming a Full Stack Java Developer. Being that I am new to the tech field, I may add that for future students entering the program without any prior tech experience, a text book provided would be quite helpful for a quick and more detailed reference for beginners.

thank you for the opportunity Jacquelyn

• Brandon Crenshaw

Claim Academy has a great teaching staff. Knowlegable and resourceful, they want you to try and solve the problem before helping but always seem to have a solution ready.More teaching staff  Classes were fast paced but not to the point it was hard to understand, and the teacher was always willing to go back over anything people felt were not explained in enough detail. I feel more prepared for the work force than I did when I first came through those doors.If anything can be improved upon its more helpers for classes.

• My Review
    - 7/11/2018
    Ahmed Wahba • Programmer/Analyst • Student

This is what I was needing to take my coding skills to the next level

• Mike Muller • Graduate

Claim Academy is a top notch coding boot-camp.  The instructors are second to none and they provide a vigorous curriculum that will have you coding quickly. The support staff helps with your resume, job placement, and soft skill development and are always there for you. You'll be amazed at how much you learn in a short time-span. Working with Ola, Travis, Sahara, Praneeth, Nicole and Eric has been a life changing experience so if you're thinking about making a career change into coding, this is the place to go.

• Claim Academy
    - 5/14/2018
    Carl Harris • Graduate

I have been out of the Information Technology field for two years. Working in the IT field is my passion and I needed way to get back into the field. I heard about Claim Academy offering class to learn to code in just 3 months. So I schedule a visit and meet with Travis and we talked about the school in more detail. I like what I heard and saw so I decide to attend the next class. The things I like most was that Claim Academy helps with job placement and Employers come out to talk about the jobs their company have to offer and what they are looking for in an potential employee. Learning to coding was very fun and challenging. The instructors are all very helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to making sure you understand. The other staff are also very helpful and knowledgeable and provide good feedback on resume and tips on presentations. If you are interested in learning to code and get into the IT field, I would recommend you go to Claim Academy.

• Jack Bermingham • Graduate

Claim Academy is a great place to learn coding. I took the C# course without any coding experience at all and now after only 3 months I'm looking for jobs and internships as a certified developer. The teachers are great and have a good sense of humor, and they have a great workspace with a kitchen and couches. The only problem I had was that they teach mostly coding itself, and not much theory or computer science, and since i had no background in coding or comp sci I struggled with the material for a while at first, so be mindful that this is explicitly a coding school and not a computer science school. But it is a great one at that.

• James • Student

I came to Claim Academy with no experience beyond a little bit of online work and the pre-work required to get accepted.  I left three months later with a solid skill set not only in the fundamentals of full-stack .Net coding, but also in preparing for job interviews, negotiating salary, and presentation skills.  It is a lot of work to put in, but if you put in the effort it will pay off.

• Great Career Move
    - 2/16/2018
    Edward Kirkman • Graduate

Claim Academy definitely lives up to its title of Bootcamp. Just like any boot camp if you are truely committed the benefits are abundant. The instructors are knowledgeable and really helpful and their team takes a genuine interest in helping find job placement.

- 2/16/2018
    Bernie Gollwitzer • Student • Graduate

Claim Academy’s staff takes a personal interest toward a successful outcome for all students enrolled in either their Java or C#/.Net cohorts - successful defined as making sure the students have a solid understanding of foundational  coding principles, a good grasp on soft skills when it comes time for interviews and most importantly aligns their numerous employment contacts up with graduating students. It’s the deep concern for their students that I think sets Claim Academy at the top in their field.

• Nick • Graduate

Computer engineering had always been interesting to me, but I did not have a solid base on which to build solid and marketable skills.  I had watched lectures online and picked up some things, but I fell into a problem.  When you are learning something brand new, there will be gaps in your knowledge base and you will not know where those gaps exist.  That’s where Claim Academy came in.  They did a great job covering nearly all relevant topics for full-stack development - from the basics of class and methods to including implementing newer technologies like Angular into the curriculum.  I do wish some topics were covered more in depth (ex: debugging), but in 12 weeks, it is amazing what they cover.

The thing that sticks out from the experience there is the people.  They are fully invested in you and it shows.  Ola’s passion and drive are contagious, Travis goes above and beyond to prepare you, and the instructors like Lamar, Sahara and Praneeth are knowledgeable, dedicated and ready to help you become great.  The belief is if you succeed, they succeed.

There is a catch:  You will have to work the hardest you ever have for 12 weeks.  You will be challenged.  There will be some easy days, and some days that are difficult.  You will get out what you put in.  That’s it.

That’s it.  If you think about it, there is not a better way to change your career (and life) in 12 weeks.

• Shirlandrius Moore • Graduate

I really enjoyed my time at Claim Academy.  I actually left my job to make this commitment and prayed I wouldn’t regret. I don’t I’m so glad I made this commitment and followed through till the end. I would refer anyone that would want to Jumpstart there career in Software Development. Instructors are awesome it’s like having an extended family . THANKS CLAIM ACADEMY. The staff is amazing

• 3 month cohort
    - 11/13/2017
    Erin • Student

I am a mother of 3 and going to Claim Academy helped to open new opportunities for me to explore in the technology industry that I wouldn't have before coming. I enjoyed my time at Claim and grew to love everyone I was placed with very much we became our own little family and I feel we will always be life long friends. Sahara is the best!!! LITERALLY THE BEST I felt I learned the most from her shes good at explaining the curriculum and is very patience. I was a little dissappointed when we switched instructors in the middle of our cohort who didn't happen to be the ideal teacher, I didn't learn much of anything at all when he taught but he ended up being let go and Sahara came in to help us. I also would have loved to see more employers on our Demo Day because that was the day we got to Shine and really let people know who you are and what you can do. Overall, I am proud of what I accomplished here and am excited to see where me and my friends end up.

• 12 Intense Weeks
    - 11/10/2017
    Marcus Wells • Student

You have to be dedicated! You need to be able to put your life on hold for 12 weeks! But at the end of 12 weeks, you will be trained and ready to begin a new career. You will gain knowledge in class, but you will need to do some self-directed learning on your own as well. If you are not truly dedicated, this experience may prove to be too difficult for you. If you don't ask for help (and you'll need some), this may prove too much for you. Coding is difficult! If it were easy, everyone would do it, and it would pay $10/hr. You have to focus! You have to study! You will also receive soft skills training and placement assistance. They're here to help you. You won't be babied, so don't expect that. I cannot say enough about the passion and dedication of the instructors. They want, more than anything, to see you succeed, and they make themselves available at all times of the day or night. So . . . are you ready?

• Jibril Holman • Student

Claim Academy provided a great opportunity for me to begin my career in software development.  Twelve weeks ago I only knew some basic HTML, and now I am a full stack C#/.NET developer.  During my enrollment I was able to hone both technical and soft skills that are essential for the job market.  I recommend Claim Academy to anyone willing to dedicate twelve weeks to learning both front and back-end development.  If you are interested in beginning a career as a software developer, do yourself a favor and check them out.  I'm glad I did.

• Graduate
    - 11/10/2017
    Roy Wright • graduate • Graduate

Great program. No complaints about my java instructors or support staff. Only problems I had were taken care of before I finished my course. Only things I saw that could have been better would be a clearer communications of expectations. A few times I came up shorter than I would have lked due to not knowing for sure what was expected of me. But, overall a great and worthwhile experience. Special mention to Sahara Datta for her help when I got behind on things. Lamar Myles for late night email hints to keep my project work going. And Travis Mattis for keeping me reminded that I needed to occassionaly stop coding to put in an application or two.

Claim Academy has an acceptance rate of 30%, of which 92% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduate. 88% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $63,134.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.