claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers a 12-week classes in full stack Java and .Net. Claim Academy is accredited and approved by the State of Missouri Workforce Development to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Ruby Course through Code School before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming work with mentors and instructors and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Claim Academy reports a 95%+ placement rate. Graduates, on average, attain a starting salary of $58,000. Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.56

all (89) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (5) articles about Claim Academy →
  • .NET/C# Bootcamp

AngularJS, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, Front End
    St. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Azure, C # deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    $500
    Lending partners like Skill Fund and Pave offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead and apply even before you start classes.
    $500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Beginner
    Prework and Technical interview.
    Interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• .NET/C# Bootcamp (St. Louis)

• Travis Mathis  User Photo
    Travis Mathis • Business Development Manager Verified via LinkedIn

I've had a wonderful experience working with Claim Academy, since becoming a part of the team I have gotten the opportunity to help change lives. Aside from the military, I have never been a part of such a dedicated structure that focuses primarily on professional development. I am proud of the decision I have made in joining Claim Academy, I do know the impact in changing lives is serious and it happens everyday right here. In a world that is becoming completly digital, Claim Academy continues to move at the speed of Technology.

Very Respectfully,

Travis J. Mathis

• Kenneth Nicholas • Graduate

My Time At Claim Academy Landed me the job of my dreams at MasterCard!

It's because of my experience learning full-stack Java at Claim Academy St. Louis that I was able to get a job at MasterCard as a Test Engineer in Quality Engineering as an Automation Tester.

To top it all off, the people at Claim Academy are top-notch. Including all the instructors, faculty, and your classmates.

During my time at Claim Academy I've grown so much, and I learned so much from my classmates and instructors.

Sahara, Lamar, Praneeth, Amanda, and Ola are all amazing mentors.

I cannot reccommend attending Claim Academy enough if you are looking to change up your career or if you want to get your foot in the door at a great company working in IT as a software engineer.

• My experience
    - 3/1/2019
    Jessica Tucker • Software engineer • Student

My experience at Claim Academy has been one of the best in my life. While at claim I gained a world class experience in computer programming. We worked on many small assignments that lead to a capstone project. I had access to great teachers and resources. We had time with our instructors but we also had downtime to do research on our own and learn on our own time. We were challenged daily. It was not easy to do all the projects and finish them on time. I had to do a lot of work at home after class. In addition to learning the front end and back end of programming we also learned soft skills and how to present ourselves to companies. We had a well rounded education. I would recommend Claim to anyone who is ready to be challenged and succeed in computer programming. Also we had access to many companies ready to hire throughout our time there.

• Justin Hartmann • Graduate

Deciding to take the leap and join Claim Academy has been one of the best decisions I made for my career.  The instructor and mentor led sessions kept me on track with my learning and working with the rest of my classmates allowed me to gain insight into different ways of accomplishing things and expanding my capabilities.

I came in with very limited knowledge of coding, but a high level of desire to learn and work hard which I think was the best factor to my success.  Make no qualms about it, this is hard work.  You are expected to learn a great deal of material in a very short period of time, so staying on top of your work and not falling behind is of the upmost importance.

Luckily, when you do struggle (and you will) there are the resources of your classmates as well as the instructor/mentor staff who want you to succeed in every way possible.

As with any environment with many people, there are always differences in capabilities and the best way to learn how to learn.  Understanding that the way you learn best may not be the same for everyone is critically important, and understanding that sometimes you will be the best at something, but other times you will be lagging behind.  That is the time when having your classmates around benefits you the most.  There is always someone who is able to help you when you feel you aren't grasping something, just as they may rely on you as well when they are feeling insecure.

Throughout the coursework, one of the most beneficial things for me has been the alumni speaking series, where we got to meet/hear from a Claim Academy graduate about their experience in class as well as outside the classroom in their full time job.  Aside from the inspiration inherent in their stories, it was a constant affirmation that they also went through the same process we did and they succeeded in the end.  It honestly is refreshing to hear them say that they struggled and had the same thoughts of inadequacy that everyone feels at some point throughout the course.  When you continue to see examples of people who felt the same way you do right now and see their success is easy to make you keep trusting the system and start believing that you can succeed as well.

If you think that the world of "coding" is something you might like, Claim Academy provides lots of free opportunities to gauge if this is something for you.  Come down and check out the free classes or take the pre-course work to get your feet wet.

3 months ago, I honestly didn't have any idea what an impact this time would have on my career, but as I leave Claim Academy, I leave with a job offer in a totally new career field that would not have been possible in any other way.  I can't extend enough thanks to Claim Academy for the opportunity and everything I have learned.

• Hephzibah Eniade • Java Developer • Graduate

I just completed the 12-week Java bootcamp at Claim Academy. It was probably one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done, but also one of the most rewording things I have ever done. I learned a lot, not only about software development, but also  soft skills and how to present myself to employers. I got interviews before I even completed the program. They won’t give up on you, and they’ll make sure you are ready to compete as a full stack developer, or whatever you decide to do with your new skills. You really can change your career in just 12 weeks, and Claim Academy is where to do it.

• Graduate
    - 2/12/2019
    Farruh A • Graduate

I was very excited when I first heard about Claim Academy. I believed this provided me the best opportunity to become a Software Developer but my expectations were not fully met and at some point I was very disappointed too. Without going into details.....(because it may disappoint some people). I have to admit that Travis helped me a lot to find a program I could go through to be able to attend the Java Developer course(Cohort). Also, Sahara and Lamar are very knowledgeable instructors at Claim Academy who helped us(students) a lot to understand programming. The program itself is somewhat intensive and you will have a chance to work on many hands on project(mostly on your own by using Google and YouTube).

If you are planning to attend this program, expect to see a lot of surprises such as not getting your "Certificate" after completing the course and so on. Yes you didn't misread it, we(all students) have been told that we will not get our Certificates until we leave a nice review for Claim Academy. I had to escalate the case to my program case manager(not a Claim Academy person), only after his involvement did I obtain my Certificate without further issues and surprises. But most of my classmates had no other choice but to leave a nice review to get their certificate which they worked for so hard during the past 3 months.

• A good experience
    - 1/31/2019
    Conrad Arthur • Student

I was already in possession of an Associate of Applied Science degree in Software Development, which certainly put me at an advantage.  However, Claim Academy provided me the opportunity to expand my skillset, introducing me to several new technologies I hadn't worked with before.  I also was provided one-on-one instruction which I did not have previously when I was pursuing the aforementioned AAS degree.  Even more importantly, I have been given more direction in the path towards finding employment.  I was beginning to think I would need to go back to college for another two years to obtain an Bachelor's degree in IT, but doing Claim Academy has given me a leg up in only 12-weeks.

• Just Graduated
    - 12/10/2018
    Matthew • Graduate

The staff at Claim gives you all the information you need to succeed in the course, but you have to be ready to put in a lot of work yourself to get the most out of your time. Given that the course is only 12 weeks, it's not possible for the staff to comprehensively cover every topic. You still get a lot out of the lectures, and there's always someone to help if you're stuck on something. They also make sure you're prepared to speak with potential employers, and that you have everything you need to give you the best chance of getting an interview.

• Claim to Fame
    - 12/7/2018
    Ryan Manse • Graduate

I'm going to try and keep this short and to the point:

12 weeks ensconced in a school setting that is going to help you learn

You will have projects once the course is completed to prove that you are able to do the work

They will be with you every step of the way during and after class to help you get placed

They go as far as to help with soft skills to help with the interview process.

Our project was completed and presented in front of multiple employers on 12-6-2018 and I already have 4 interviews set up due to their diligent work to sell employers on their students.

Thank you Claim for everything.

• Steven Rodriguez • Graduate

I learned alot while I was here at claim academy. But You must put forth the effort to be successful here at claim academy. Instructors know exactly what there doing and were always here to help. They gave you assignments but it was up to you to do them. I would really encourage anyone looking for a fast paced environment. Everything about this place is great.

• Jonathan • Donovan • Student

I spent the fall of 2018 at Claim Academy in St Louis and had a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and supportive. They push you to work through problems on your own instead of holding your hand the whole way. The classes are small and there is a lot one on one time available. If you are looking to jump-start a development career this is a great start! it is a lot of work but its worth it. Good luck!

• Steven Rodriguez • Student

I learned alot while I was here at claim academy. But You must put forth the effort to be successful here at claim academy. Instructors know eaxctly what there doing and were always here to help. They gave you assignments but it was up to you to do them. I would really encourage anyone looking for a fast paced environment.

• Nicanor Oguname • Student

BEWARE!!!

1. This is not a Fullstack Java bootcamp and definitely overpriced at $12,500 as the depth of coverage in subjects as HTML, CSS and Javascript is very shallow. The emphasis is solely on Java and which in my opinion is poorly taught. Furthermore, you will receive one (1) evening lecture on HTML and thereafter get web links to study about CSS and Javascript on your own.

2. It is not for beginners as they claim and you should be prepared to do up to 80% of the academic work on your own with very minimal support.

3. You will not receive feedback on your weekly assignments and projects.

4. You will not do any mock technical interview preparations nor receive help on re-structuring you resumes

5.           You will not attend nor be invited to any Hackertons/networking events.

6. You will not get any refunds irrespective of the week you chose to withdraw from the program.

7. If you’re an international student, count the cost before enrolling as they have undisclosed and unstated policies that discriminates against foreigners or people of color.

First and foremost, the name Claim Academy fits this school because that's what it is. A lot of information/pledges and policies on their website are claims but in reality are not in force or honored. I've read most of the reviews of the preceding cohorts and keep wondering if they were forced into giving them either because they received their Certificate of Completion on their last (demo) day or most some are on the Facebook scholarship to study at Claim Academy. During my time, I interfaced with two (2) other cohorts and witnessed how most students struggled with their work due to lack of support and understaffed/shallow knowledge base of the tutors/mentors on key concepts such as REACT and ANGULAR. My review is based on facts and my personal experience or that of fellow cohorts during the June – September 2018 Java cohort.

It is worth noting that my cohort started with seven (7) students but after week one (1) two students withdrew because of the poor quality education. The third student withdrew for personal reasons while I withdrew after four weeks of learning for various reasons I've given below. If you want value for money, please take time to read through it.

The school is very unprofessional and cagey.  Prior to my enrollment, I asked them for the Full Stack Java syllabus but they were unwilling to share it, saying it was against their policy. When I pressed for it and they did share it, I noticed the contents and depth of coverage were shallow. This is one of the alarm signals that should have warned me about their competence. I decided to give them the benefit of doubt but later regretted my decision to enroll had to quit after four weeks.

Secondly, we hardly ever received feedback for daily work assignments and never received feedback for weekly projects despite our complaints on numerous occasions. Before my arrival for the Full Stack Java Developer bootcamp, I was told the student to instructor/mentor ratio is approximately 7:1. This turned out to be untrue as the actual student to mentor ratio during the day from week of June 25, 2018 when I arrived till week 3 was about 25 students to 1 mentor (25:1). This is largely due to the fact that the school is grossly understaffed. Throughout my brief stay (about 4 weeks) they had 1 mentor across the three cohorts to share for support. The main Java instructor works full-time during the day and is only available during the nights for lectures and when he arrives he had to first attend to the soon-to-graduate cohorts who have been waiting eagerly for him to arrive because there isn't anyone during the day to provide support on AngularJS of ReactJS which they're using for their various projects. Our cohort will have to wait for him to finish with these before we can start lectures. Also, during our lecture, he still had to step out every now and then to attend to the other cohorts.

Thirdly, as regards, instructors and mentors at the institution, the information on their website (http://claimacademystl.com/teachers.html) is very misleading. They have 13 persons listed but in reality I discovered that none of these persons are with them except, the president Mr. Ola Ayeni. This is done to deceive unsuspecting members of the public to register for their programs only to find out they’ll be left alone to grind out their learning when they’re enrolled. Ironically, I wondered why and how a Software bootcamp will find it hard to update a single static web page. This further underscores the point that they’re grossly under-staffed.

As regards peer learning, we were told at the onset, that students in our cohorts will be paired into groups. This never happened despite my complaints about it on a few occasions.

Fourthly, after I pulled out at the end of week four, they refused to authorized my refund as stated in their refund/pricing policy. They, at the instruction of the school's owner/business partner Mr. Ola Ayeni, resorted to the use of threats and bullish tactics to try intimidate me into cowering. In thier responses, they made so many false claims and lied that all International students were to pay a fee of $15,000. I clearly pointed that none of these are on their website or in my invoice payments. As at present (Sept. 27, 2018), the school is yet to refund my outstanding balance.  These and many more prompted me to take action by lodging a formal complaint to my bank, the U.S. Department of Justice, Attorney General for Missouri and the Better Business Bureau (BBI).

After, pulling out of Claim Academy, I had to enroll with two separate online bootcamps for Java programming and Front-End development both of which I completed in six (6 weeks). I can definitely say I learned far much more than I would have had I remained at Claim Academy.

My candid advice to businesses/organizations who value integrity and sound business principles, is to be wary of partnering with Claim Academy because they could be dragged into a litigation case someday. As for prospective students, don't fall into the same trap. Take your money and go find a better institution. They're not worth your time or money.

• An Honest Review
    - 9/17/2018
    David Butler • Graduate

INSTRUCTORS: The instructors are competent and helpful when they are available. During the day, from 12-6, the class had access to one java instructor, one .Net instructor, and zero Angular/React instructors.  During the evening from 6-9, the class had access to one Java/Angular/React instructor, but not for the full duration of the program(except by e-mail).  CURRICULUM: Several of my classmates who were new to programming dropped out. They cited "insufficient mentorship" or "too fast paced" as their reasons.  You are expected to spend the majority of your time on Google teaching yourself, which is an important skill, but not what you pay other people for.  Do not expect more than a cursory glance at HTML/CSS here as part of the "Full-Stack Developer" training.  JOB ASSISTANCE: My employer sent me to this training, so I have no experience depending on them to find me work. 5 stars by default.  OVERALL EXPERIENCE:  I learned a great deal while I was here, by teaching myself 10x as much as I was taught. There are other programs and resources I would recommend for a fraction of the cost.  Some of us were pressured into writing a hasty and positive review of this program. Since I don't depend on Claim Academy to find me work, I feel that I can be honest here. Take this into account when reading other reviews.

• Graduated
    - 9/14/2018
    Deepak Galami • Graduate

It is good place to learn cooding and start carrer in programming. You will learn a lot about programming and other necessary skill. Make sure you work hard and ask lots of questions. Mentors are very knowledgeable and supportive. Asking question is must and pay attention.

• kelvin gathigia • Graduate

I gained loads of experience being instructed by experienced instructors. I joined the bootcamp as a novice in java and UI development but graduate as a person who can build applications. Instructors were very instrumental in helping me hone my programming skills as well as database connectivity.

• 12 Week Java
    - 7/24/2018
    Desiree Adeboye • Full Stack Java Software Developer • Graduate

Claim Academy was my introduction to hands on coding.  I am a Scrum Master and Project Manager and wanted to have the benefit of a solid understanding of the software development process  as an asset. I feel that Claim Academy provided me with this and so much more.   The curriculum was very challenging, and through the understanding of this curriculum I realized what I was capable of.  The late nights and self learning proved that I could excel against all odds. I had never coded before and the staff at Claim Academy offered solutions and encouragement when I came to a brick wall. Our teachers,Sahara and Lamar were very knowledgeable and helped when and where they could. Lamar even came in on weekends and was available any time day or night to answer questions. Overall, my experience at Claim Academy was a positive one, If I could recommend improvements, I would recommend more mentors or teachers since the school is rapidly growing

• Simon Mwangi • Graduate

Claim Acadamy has been a great Experince. Boot camp was not easy, but I definetley had to put in the work, and time.The Instructors Sahara and Lamar are very supportive through the program. Praneeth was very resourceful from working with us with the mock up interviews to helping us prepare for our capstone presentations. Nicole and Travis made the bootcamp exciting and kept us motivated.The team genuinely want you to succeed!

• student
    - 7/12/2018

My experience here at Claim Academy was quite eventful. As I began my journey here at claim, a significant event took place in my life. My mother passed away unexpectedly just ten days after the start of the program. I was lost, confused, angry and just hopeless. Yet I found a way to channel my emotions from the love and encouragement from my peers and some of the staff. I enjoyed the opportunity to come here and reach my goal of becoming a Full Stack Java Developer. Being that I am new to the tech field, I may add that for future students entering the program without any prior tech experience, a text book provided would be quite helpful for a quick and more detailed reference for beginners.

thank you for the opportunity Jacquelyn

• Brandon Crenshaw

Claim Academy has a great teaching staff. Knowlegable and resourceful, they want you to try and solve the problem before helping but always seem to have a solution ready.More teaching staff  Classes were fast paced but not to the point it was hard to understand, and the teacher was always willing to go back over anything people felt were not explained in enough detail. I feel more prepared for the work force than I did when I first came through those doors.If anything can be improved upon its more helpers for classes.

• My Review
    - 7/11/2018
    Ahmed Wahba • Programmer/Analyst • Student

This is what I was needing to take my coding skills to the next level

• Mike Muller • Graduate

Claim Academy is a top notch coding boot-camp.  The instructors are second to none and they provide a vigorous curriculum that will have you coding quickly. The support staff helps with your resume, job placement, and soft skill development and are always there for you. You'll be amazed at how much you learn in a short time-span. Working with Ola, Travis, Sahara, Praneeth, Nicole and Eric has been a life changing experience so if you're thinking about making a career change into coding, this is the place to go.

• Claim Academy
    - 5/14/2018
    Carl Harris • Graduate

I have been out of the Information Technology field for two years. Working in the IT field is my passion and I needed way to get back into the field. I heard about Claim Academy offering class to learn to code in just 3 months. So I schedule a visit and meet with Travis and we talked about the school in more detail. I like what I heard and saw so I decide to attend the next class. The things I like most was that Claim Academy helps with job placement and Employers come out to talk about the jobs their company have to offer and what they are looking for in an potential employee. Learning to coding was very fun and challenging. The instructors are all very helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to making sure you understand. The other staff are also very helpful and knowledgeable and provide good feedback on resume and tips on presentations. If you are interested in learning to code and get into the IT field, I would recommend you go to Claim Academy.

• Jack Bermingham • Graduate

Claim Academy is a great place to learn coding. I took the C# course without any coding experience at all and now after only 3 months I'm looking for jobs and internships as a certified developer. The teachers are great and have a good sense of humor, and they have a great workspace with a kitchen and couches. The only problem I had was that they teach mostly coding itself, and not much theory or computer science, and since i had no background in coding or comp sci I struggled with the material for a while at first, so be mindful that this is explicitly a coding school and not a computer science school. But it is a great one at that.

• James • Student

I came to Claim Academy with no experience beyond a little bit of online work and the pre-work required to get accepted.  I left three months later with a solid skill set not only in the fundamentals of full-stack .Net coding, but also in preparing for job interviews, negotiating salary, and presentation skills.  It is a lot of work to put in, but if you put in the effort it will pay off.