claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers a 12-week classes in full stack Java and .Net. Claim Academy is accredited and approved by the State of Missouri Workforce Development to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Ruby Course through Code School before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming work with mentors and instructors and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Claim Academy reports a 95%+ placement rate. Graduates, on average, attain a starting salary of $58,000. Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.57

all (104) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (5) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

AngularJS, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

AngularJS, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, MVC
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Online

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)

• Life Changing
    - 11/8/2019
    Daniel Ibrahim • Graduate

Claim Academy helped me change my life. Developers are in high demand in St. Louis and Claim Academy recognized that. They turn intelligent individuals into capable developers. Be prepared to thinks about coding for 12 straight weeks, and then forever more! Hard work and dedication pays off!

• Seth Armbruster • Graduate

Claim Academy has been a great experience. Its cheaper than college and it takes less time than college would have. Claim has very helpful instructors. Lamar and Hiram are very nice and very knowledgeable. If your determined and focused you can become a full stack developer in 3 months.

• Great experience
    - 11/8/2019
    Thomas Berkery • Graduate

Claim academy was certainly challenging but a great investment.  A lot of long days and hard work but in the end it paid off.  Besides the programming, the interview prep and resume writting assitance was a great resource.  Lamar, Harim, Tope, Ken...thanks for all your help and instruction along the way.

- 9/27/2019
    Albert Futo • Graduate

Tremendous learning experience! I needed the time and help to get over the hump of Object Oriented thinking and update my skills and Claim Academy came through for me. They could use a little more structure but otherwise it was well organized and relevent to todays job market.

• Evan Hunt • Student

Claim academy has good instructors and has you build a series of projects that expose you to some modern frameworks and help you build a portfolio of work. They also do a good job preparing you for interviews and getting your resume up to snuff.

You must be a self-starter to succeed. Do not expect to be handed anything or spoon-fed. You must have a genuine passion for technology and be willing to challenge yourself and be resourceful every day. Otherwise, the program isn't for you.

• Okwi • Software Developer • Graduate

This place has been a fantastic experience for me. It is absolutely amazing to me that 12 weeks of hard work can change your life. For those of you thinking about this program, it isn't easy, but as long as you're eager to learn and committed you will be able to finish it. The staff wants to see you succeed and will take all measures necessary to help you do so.

• Chris Young • Graduate

Going through Claim Academy’s Full-Stack Java Developer was a great decision for me.  I had started out self-teaching myself front end technologies for web development on top of my day job.  I knew I wanted to be a developer for at least 2.5 years running but just wasn’t sure the best pathway,  especially for someone who wanted to stay in St. Louis.   I strongly feel that Claim Academy will show you that pathway.  If you have some Java or C# knowledge all the better but not 100% necessary.  The staff is quite helpful guiding you before, during and even after the course.  If you don’t have any Java experience before coming in like me,  I would suggest planning on spending time outside of class to keep yourself caught up.  The mentors are strong and knowledgeable.  Many will even help you if you get stuck on the weekend.  By the time of graduation, I have had 5 interviews.  Should you want to apply for jobs during your time here, just make sure you balance the time you need to spend on your capstone.

Also, you will get to see previous students come in once or twice a month and talk about their new jobs!  Add to that, hiring companies will come in at least once a month as well.

All in all,  the experience was a great one.  More than I expected!  Made some great friends along the way too.  I certainly wouldn’t be where I would be today technically or with the added confidence in soft skills I gained from the experience at Claim Academy.  I’m glad I did it!  I want to thank the great staff at Claim for all the guidance and help along the way!

• Eddie R • Entrepreneur • Graduate

I've been trying to learn to code for awhile and found it difficult. Attending Claim Academy was the best choice I've ever made in accomplishing this goal. I loved how past students will come in to talk about their experience at Claim Academy and their current roles at their jobs. Employers also came in to talk about their companies and what they are looking for. The program gets you motivated and keeps you focused. I didn't have any issues with the pace or difficulty. The teachers were top notch, friendly and helpful. The staff go above and beyond to make sure you have what you need to succeed. I am now even more confident in moving forward with my personal endeavors.

Tip:  I recommend coming in 1 to 2 hours early, coming in on the weekends and doing every assignment 2 or 3 times. Get rid of distractions and commit yourself.

• Aaron Witherspoon • Graduate

I had the opportunity to attend Claim Academy for Full Stack C# .NET 3/2019 - 5/2019. It is full time M-F 45 hours a week for 12 weeks. You will learn a lot if you put in the effort. I was initially hesitant to attend, but I am glad I did. I quit my stable social work career to do this. Praneeth was a great instructor and Eric helped a lot the last few weeks. I was fortunate enough to receive a job offer in my 10th week to start my new career. The Claim staff are really invested in helping you land a job. Beyond learning technical skills, they will help with soft skills. There was ample opportunity for mock interviews and mock presentations. Can you learn this stuff on your own? Sure, but it would probably be tougher and take longer. Claim provides an environment of structure and support that you can't get elsewhere.

• Kevin B.
    - 5/22/2019
    Kevin B. • Graduate

Full Stack C#/.Net developer

Claim has provided me with the convidence and knowledge to begin my career as a software developer.  If you want to change your career and change your life I recommend Claim Academy.

The Staff and Instructors are great, they are always available if you need help.

• Aziz • Graduate

I believe Claim Academy will give you great opportunity for improving or getting new skills if you had already skill set for programming. It is going to be sometimes challenging but you will need keep going and don't gave up easy. Staff were great and everything went smooth for me since I already had knowledge on programing.

• John Owens • Full Stack Java Developer • Student

Claim academy has taught me more hands-on coding skills than the four-year university I attended.  I would recommend to anyone to attend Claim Academy, if they want to take the fast-track to learning Java or C# with real world enterprise example projects.  The instructors are knowledgeable and has industry experience.  The staff cares about their students and wants them to succeed.

• Philip Penrose • Graduate
    If you're like me you thrive with intense, focused, and practical training.

That's what I came to Claim for and was not disappointed. You will learn a lot in a relatively short amount of time and everything is designed to be useful in the real world.

I'm glad I decided to do Claim Academy's 12 week Java bootcamp!

- 4/12/2019
    Tina Russell • Student

I am very thankful for the opportunity to come to Claim Academy and update my skills.  The instructors are very knowledgable and helpful.  They help us get jobs by inviting employers to our Demonstration Day where we present our Capstone project.  The staff always took care of everything needed.

• Kenneth Nicholas • Graduate

My Time At Claim Academy Landed me the job of my dreams at MasterCard!

It's because of my experience learning full-stack Java at Claim Academy St. Louis that I was able to get a job at MasterCard as a Test Engineer in Quality Engineering as an Automation Tester.

To top it all off, the people at Claim Academy are top-notch. Including all the instructors, faculty, and your classmates.

During my time at Claim Academy I've grown so much, and I learned so much from my classmates and instructors.

Sahara, Lamar, Praneeth, Amanda, and Ola are all amazing mentors.

I cannot reccommend attending Claim Academy enough if you are looking to change up your career or if you want to get your foot in the door at a great company working in IT as a software engineer.

• My experience
    - 3/1/2019
    Jessica Tucker • Software engineer • Student

My experience at Claim Academy has been one of the best in my life. While at claim I gained a world class experience in computer programming. We worked on many small assignments that lead to a capstone project. I had access to great teachers and resources. We had time with our instructors but we also had downtime to do research on our own and learn on our own time. We were challenged daily. It was not easy to do all the projects and finish them on time. I had to do a lot of work at home after class. In addition to learning the front end and back end of programming we also learned soft skills and how to present ourselves to companies. We had a well rounded education. I would recommend Claim to anyone who is ready to be challenged and succeed in computer programming. Also we had access to many companies ready to hire throughout our time there.

• Justin Hartmann • Graduate

Deciding to take the leap and join Claim Academy has been one of the best decisions I made for my career.  The instructor and mentor led sessions kept me on track with my learning and working with the rest of my classmates allowed me to gain insight into different ways of accomplishing things and expanding my capabilities.

I came in with very limited knowledge of coding, but a high level of desire to learn and work hard which I think was the best factor to my success.  Make no qualms about it, this is hard work.  You are expected to learn a great deal of material in a very short period of time, so staying on top of your work and not falling behind is of the upmost importance.

Luckily, when you do struggle (and you will) there are the resources of your classmates as well as the instructor/mentor staff who want you to succeed in every way possible.

As with any environment with many people, there are always differences in capabilities and the best way to learn how to learn.  Understanding that the way you learn best may not be the same for everyone is critically important, and understanding that sometimes you will be the best at something, but other times you will be lagging behind.  That is the time when having your classmates around benefits you the most.  There is always someone who is able to help you when you feel you aren't grasping something, just as they may rely on you as well when they are feeling insecure.

Throughout the coursework, one of the most beneficial things for me has been the alumni speaking series, where we got to meet/hear from a Claim Academy graduate about their experience in class as well as outside the classroom in their full time job.  Aside from the inspiration inherent in their stories, it was a constant affirmation that they also went through the same process we did and they succeeded in the end.  It honestly is refreshing to hear them say that they struggled and had the same thoughts of inadequacy
    that everyone feels at some point throughout the course.  When you continue to see examples of people who felt the same way you do right now and see their success is easy to make you keep trusting the system and start believing that you can succeed as well.

If you think that the world of "coding" is something you might like, Claim Academy provides lots of free opportunities to gauge if this is something for you.  Come down and check out the free classes or take the pre-course work to get your feet wet.

3 months ago, I honestly didn't have any idea what an impact this time would have on my career, but as I leave Claim Academy, I leave with a job offer in a totally new career field that would not have been possible in any other way.  I can't extend enough thanks to Claim Academy for the opportunity and everything I have learned.

• Hephzibah Eniade • Java Developer • Graduate

I just completed the 12-week Java bootcamp at Claim Academy. It was probably one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done, but also one of the most rewording things I have ever done. I learned a lot, not only about software development, but also  soft skills and how to present myself to employers. I got interviews before I even completed the program. They won’t give up on you, and they’ll make sure you are ready to compete as a full stack developer, or whatever you decide to do with your new skills. You really can change your career in just 12 weeks, and Claim Academy is where to do it.

• Graduate
    - 2/12/2019
    Farruh A • Graduate

I was very excited when I first heard about Claim Academy. I believed this provided me the best opportunity to become a Software Developer but my expectations were not fully met and at some point I was very disappointed too. Without going into details.....(because it may disappoint some people).
    I have to admit that Travis helped me a lot to find a program I could go through to be able to attend the Java Developer course(Cohort). Also, Sahara and Lamar are very knowledgeable instructors at Claim Academy who helped us(students) a lot to understand programming. The program itself is somewhat intensive and you will have a chance to work on many hands on project(mostly on your own by using Google and YouTube).

If you are planning to attend this program, expect to see a lot of surprises such as not getting your "Certificate" after completing the course and so on. Yes you didn't misread it, we(all students) have been told that we will not get our Certificates until we leave a nice review for Claim Academy. I had to escalate the case to my program case manager(not a Claim Academy person), only after his involvement did I obtain my Certificate without further issues and surprises. But most of my classmates had no other choice but to leave a nice review to get their certificate which they worked for so hard during the past 3 months.

• A good experience
    - 1/31/2019
    Conrad Arthur • Student

I was already in possession of an Associate of Applied Science degree in Software Development, which certainly put me at an advantage.  However, Claim Academy provided me the opportunity to expand my skillset, introducing me to several new technologies I hadn't worked with before.  I also was provided one-on-one instruction which I did not have previously when I was pursuing the aforementioned AAS degree.  Even more importantly, I have been given more direction in the path towards finding employment.  I was beginning to think I would need to go back to college for another two years to obtain an Bachelor's degree in IT, but doing Claim Academy has given me a leg up in only 12-weeks.

• Just Graduated
    - 12/10/2018
    Matthew • Graduate

The staff at Claim gives you all the information you need to succeed in the course, but you have to be ready to put in a lot of work yourself to get the most out of your time. Given that the course is only 12 weeks, it's not possible for the staff to comprehensively cover every topic. You still get a lot out of the lectures, and there's always someone to help if you're stuck on something. They also make sure you're prepared to speak with potential employers, and that you have everything you need to give you the best chance of getting an interview.

• Claim to Fame
    - 12/7/2018
    Ryan Manse • Graduate

I'm going to try and keep this short and to the point:

12 weeks ensconced in a school setting that is going to help you learn

You will have projects once the course is completed to prove that you are able to do the work

They will be with you every step of the way during and after class to help you get placed

They go as far as to help with soft skills to help with the interview process.

Our project was completed and presented in front of multiple employers on 12-6-2018 and I already have 4 interviews set up due to their diligent work to sell employers on their students.

Thank you Claim for everything.

• Steven Rodriguez • Graduate

I learned alot while I was here at claim academy. But You must put forth the effort to be successful here at claim academy. Instructors know exactly what there doing and were always here to help. They gave you assignments but it was up to you to do them. I would really encourage anyone looking for a fast paced environment. Everything about this place is great.

• Jonathan • Donovan • Student

I spent the fall of 2018 at Claim Academy in St Louis and had a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and supportive. They push you to work through problems on your own instead of holding your hand the whole way. The classes are small and there is a lot one on one time available. If you are looking to jump-start a development career this is a great start! it is a lot of work but its worth it. Good luck!

Claim Academy has an acceptance rate of 30%, of which 92% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduate. 88% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $63,134.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.