claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers 12-week to 20-week classes in full stack Java, C#/.NET, Javascript, and Cybersecurity analysis. Claim Academy is accredited and approved to operate by the State of Missouri Workforce Development to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Java Course through Teachable before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming, work with mentors and instructors, and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Claim Academy reports a 95%+ placement rate. Graduates, on average, attain a median starting salary of $58,000. Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.49

all (126) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (6) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Evening

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 20 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Immersive

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 14 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Front-End Javascript Developer Immersive

JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 12-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Agile methodology and RESTful Web Services.
  • Front-End Javascript - Evening

JavaScript, Node.js, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 20-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Javascript, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

AngularJS, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

AngularJS, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, Front End, MVC, SQL
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer - Evening

Git, Java, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to the STLCC Workforce development group, the most sought-after specific skills among St. Louis region tech jobs in 2014 were SQL, Oracle resources, and Java programming. Developers in the Java environment are the backbone of large corporations in the St Louis region, and demand has never been higher for entry-level programmers. Overview: Our course in Full Stack Java covers the basics of full stack development in industry-standard environments using Java, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, SQL
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb Credit, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Online

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, Agile, SQL
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)
  • First Time Coder
    - 11/8/2019
    Joshua Evans  User Photo
    Joshua Evans • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Claim Academy is a very immersive boot camp.  These last 12 weeks have been rigorous and filled with frustration.  Overall however, it was a positive experience.  That being said, there is plenty of room for improvement.  I really hope claim changes the curriculum around to involve the instructors more.  It is broken down as 5 days a week for 9 hours a day.  3 hours solo programming, 3 hours peer programming, and 3 hours of instruction.  I believe it they changed it to an hour and a half of solo and an hour and half of peer with 6 hours of instruction the instructors could really have the time to educate their students.  With the current situation as it is, it is very easy to become disheartened because students feel like they are constantly catching up.

They do go out of their way to bring potential jobs your way and the quality of the jobs are pretty top notch for the most part.  And at the end of your time there you present a project to many companies which is intimidating but a lot of fun.

• Mercy  User Photo
    Mercy • C#/.NET Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Claim Academy offers a unique opportunity supported by incredible staff!  Claim Academy has condensed an advanced full stack Software Developer education into a 3-month curriculum. Claim Academy is the answer for breaking into the industry of Software Development.

I studied the C#/.NET program and without hesitation I applaud the instructors for their knowledge on the subject matter and their overwhelming patience. Claim Academy structures the course to include hands-on lectures combined with labs which culminates in the Capstone project - a complete built from scratch web application that embodies all technologies learned in the previous 12 weeks of education.

Claim Academy exposes its students to multiple employers.  Throughout the program, Claim Academy facilitates relationships with various recruiting firms and companies.

I highly recommend the Claim Academy experience!

• Great Investment
    - 9/27/2019
    William Konig  User Photo
    William Konig • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Claim Acadey was a great experience and I learned so much over the course of the 12 weeks, it was amazing.  The course has greatly helped me grow my skills in tech and allowed me to become a Java developer.  The instructors were great and always willing to stay late and help with anything I needed assistance with in understanding, as well as with the completion of any assignments/projects I was having difficulties with.  I could even text them at all kinds of odd hours for help!  The relationships formed with the teachers and my classmates are wonderful and life-long and something I truly value.  Coming into the program, I didn't know if I would have the ability to learn and have a solid grasp of the concepts that were being taught, but with the help and encouragement of the instructors and my classmates, I had enough support to do so.

• Great Place
    - 9/27/2019
    Dakota korzenewski  User Photo
    Dakota korzenewski • Verified via LinkedIn

Claim Academy has helped me immensely grow my skills in the tech world and allow me to become a Full Stack Java Developer. The teachers and mentors are always there to help you and challenge you along the way! The program is quite difficult, but it is so rewarding and you meet alot of great people along the way. Not only your fellow classmates, but the instructors as well. I am happy to say that they not only became friends, but more along the lines of family. The skills and relationships that you will build here will be life-long and valueable.

• Claudia Sittman  User Photo
    Claudia Sittman • Java Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Deciding to enroll in the Claim Academy's full stack Java program was the best investment I ever made. That's because I invested in myself! After five years in a career that left me feeling exhausted and empty, I needed something more. I felt stuck in a career that was burning me out because I thought changing careers meant going back to college, more student loans, 2-4 years of coursework, and I just didn't have the time for that.  But I was wrong. There is another way. Claim Academy! It was affordable, and only a 12 week program. It sounded like exactly what I was looking for. I knew I needed to be challenged and pushed outside of my comfort zone to feel more fulfilled. Claim Academy did both of those things for me. I had almost no experience with coding or programming before I attended Claim, but it didn't matter. The instructors were very knowledgeable and even made themselves available to us outside of class hours. The other students in my class were amazing, and by overcoming challenges together, we became family.

Before I started at Claim, I doubted myself. I was very nervous about starting a new career as a developer after only 12 weeks of classes. I was afraid I would never learn enough to actually be able to start a new career.  I saw all of these students in the class ahead of me getting jobs before they even finished the program, and I thought that would never happen for me. I was wrong again. After only my fourth week of classes, I got a job offer and am now working full time as a Java Developer. My salary almost doubled from my last job, and I love going to work every day! It was only 3 months ago that I started dreaming of a new career, and a new life. Thanks to Claim Academy, that dream is now my every day reality.

I am so thankful to Ola, Lamar, Praneeth, and all the staff at Claim Academy. They gave me the best gift I have ever gotten; the confidence to reach my full potential.

• Full Stack Java
    - 5/22/2019
    Adrian  User Photo
    Adrian • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I attended Claim's Full Stack Java Developer bootcamp.  The first couple of days started off slow.  However, the rest of the way sped up considerably.  A lot of late nights.  It took a bit of time to get used to the 12pm-9pm schedule.  But I soon adjusted and appreciated not having to deal with traffic.

The instructors were great.  They had different styles which balanced each other out.  It also allowed us to see various ways to tackle the same problem.  You will likely feel overwhelmed by the end of the second week.  Although, this can be prevented some by preparing before you attend.  I applied and was accepted at the deadline.  So I didn't get much of a chance to prepare as thoroughly as I would have liked.  My advice?  Use the resources available online to study Java(or c# if that which path you take) well in advance of your start date.  Also, use something to practice coding challenges. Make sure to understand the solution.  Youtube has some great walkthroughs.  At the very least, make sure you are comfortable with manipulating strings and working with arrays.

The staff was helpful in getting me situated once I got to St Louis.  I drove over from Kansas City.  They provided plenty of job leads and the employers came out to see our final capstone presentations,  I needed to take a couple of days off(medical issue).  They were very supportive.

Overall, I feel that I received quality training.  I get messages for interviews on LinkedIn and I have a few set up for this week and next.  Quite a few of my classmates have already found jobs so I know it works.

I would also suggest checking with former students on LinkedIn.  That will give you great info.  Just don't blow them up with messages.

• Thank you Claim!
    - 3/22/2019
    Griffin Skubish  User Photo
    Griffin Skubish • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am very thankful that I came to Claim Academy.  I am not the type to thrive in a regular classroom and claim was the perfect combination of class size and great instructor.  Even when I was struggling throughout the course and they really went the extra mile to make sure that I was comfortable and able to graduate.  My class mates were great and all of my instructors were knowledgeable and helpful and I never felt out of place.   Even after graduation they are helping me in my job search and I couldn't be more thankful to them.  Thank you Claim Academy!

• Perfect fit for me
    - 1/31/2019
    Jesse Patch  User Photo
    Jesse Patch • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Claim Academy was exactly what I was looking for. I knew I wanted to change careers, but didn't know where to get started. Rather than waste my time just studying on my own, hoping I was studying the right things, Claim offered a structured cirriculum that helped point me in the right direction. The instructors were incredibly helpful and I always felt encouraged by all of the staff. The assistance they provided with my resume, looking for a job, and practicing for interviews was invaluable to me, someone who is terrified of the job hunt.

• Overall Experience:

Diversity.  Inclusion.  Accessibility.  Mentorship.  Empowerment.  Support.  Adaptability.  Comfortability.  Instructors that know their stuff really, really well.  Instructors that share "real-world" tricks of the trade.  They go out of their way.  This is what makes Claim unique and increases your chance of greatest success.

Shortly after I applied, Travis called me to walk me through the onboarding process, and he gave me his personal phone number in case I had any questions or problems.  I met the founder, Ola, who is open to being contacted directly, as well.

Sahara makes learning the complexity of Java and frontend simple and easy to understand.  She will sit with you to make sure you "get it".  You can interrupt her at any given moment and she manages to help everyone.  She keeps you on your toes to make sure you allocate time to career development and to apply for jobs.  She and Praneeth will give you the practice you need to ace technical interviews.  They will also tailor this to specific upcoming interviews.

Praneeth is the C# king - his widsom and expertise shines through.  He also has great tips on how to learn faster and he has a wealth of programming and industry insight.  He shares this in a way that we can apply to the "real world".

Lamar is just amazing.  He makes sure you don't have any gaps in your understanding.  He makes you stretch your mind.  He will stay into the wee hours of the morning if need be.  You can call him anytime.

Amanda will show up at networking events outside of class and on the weekends.  Her relationship building yields so many new job opportunities for us.

Ola helps you be the "total, employable package".  He leads by example.  He's a TedX Fellow and Pulitzer Foundation Speaker.

Bottomline, everyone's a coach that helps pave the way for new and rewarding opportunities!  I don't just get interviews; I get offers.  And I have Claim Academy to thank.

• Rewarding
    - 8/24/2018
    Epharra Mendoza  User Photo
    Epharra Mendoza • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before joining Claim Academy, I had previous coding experience that I had picked up through TreeHouse, Codecademy, and through courses that I had been taking at UMSL. But none of those experiences could have prepared me for the intensly challenging and thorough classes at Claim Academy. Each lesson was saturated with "real-world" problems and solutions, which is so much more valuable than the previous dry textbook-style learning I was used to. This program was hands-on with its labs that encouraged us to write either whole or mini applications each and every lesson.

I graduated Claim Academy with fully-functional and complete applicatons, which I found to be incredibly useful to speak about during interviews. During Demo Day at Claim, I was able to present my final application in front of employee-searching companies. Shortly after, I recieved a phone call from a represetative who had seen my presentation and I was offered a position.

I am grateful to have enrolled at Claim Academy. It gave me the stepping stone that I needed to get my foot in the door and begin a career in programming, and for that I am thankful!

Claim Academy Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduated. 97% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $63,134. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 132 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.