claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers 12-week to 20-week classes in full stack Java, C#/.NET, Javascript, and Cybersecurity analysis. Claim Academy is approved to operate by the State of Missouri Department of Higher Education to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Java Course through Teachable before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming, work with mentors and instructors, and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.47

all (156) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (8) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Evening

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 20 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Immersive

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 14 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Front-End Javascript Developer Immersive

JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 12-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Agile methodology and RESTful Web Services.
  • Front-End Javascript - Evening

Node.js, JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 20-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Javascript, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

Scrum, .NET, MVC, jQuery, JavaScript, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, C#, ASP.NET, AngularJS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

MVC, DevOps, .NET, C#, AngularJS, ASP.NET, CSS, Design, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, SQL
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer - Evening

Java, Git, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to the STLCC Workforce development group, the most sought-after specific skills among St. Louis region tech jobs in 2014 were SQL, Oracle resources, and Java programming. Developers in the Java environment are the backbone of large corporations in the St Louis region, and demand has never been higher for entry-level programmers. Overview: Our course in Full Stack Java covers the basics of full stack development in industry-standard environments using Java, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

SQL, Scrum, React.js, MVC, jQuery, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb Credit, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Online

SQL, Scrum, React.js, MySQL, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)
  • Graduated!
    - 7/27/2017
    Brian Groom • None yet! • Graduate

I was part of the April 2017 Java class.  Class was hard and sometimes unorganized, but I did learn alot.  You need to be willing to put in the work for this course to help you.  I finished in July and am currently seeking employment as a Java developer. I feel like the teachers know their stuff but struggle at times to get through to some of the students. They switch teachers on you half way through the course and I don't think that helps the situation either. Still, I do feel like the teachers and student teachers try their best to help the students as much as they can. Thank you for all your help!

• Dominick White • Student

I loved the time I had at Claim Academy. I was challenged every day and was constantly pushed every minute, but I wouldn't change the experience for anything. All of the teachers and student mentors were incredibly patient (which is what I feared would NOT be the case prior to attending).

I learned a lot and I am greatly appreciative for the experience that I had.

• Best Java BootCamp
    - 6/17/2017
    Joel Oyuchi • Full stack Java Developer • Graduate

Claim Academy is an intensive, full-time, java development class in St.Louis, MO. Over twelve weeks, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a software developer. Through hands-on projects, i was trained to build modern  Java applications. Programming experience isn't required; you will need lots of tenacity and a passion for building cool stuff. Claim Academy has a network of companies that employee its graduates. I landed a job as a software developer on my graduation day at Claim Academy.

Claim Academy is the mother of Software BootCamps in the United States of America.

• .Net Developer C#
    - 6/16/2017
    Edwin Caldero • .net Developer • Graduate
    I became a .net C#  sofware devoloper in Claim Academy in only 3 months.  I got a really good experience with good teachers  where they spend a lot of time with you making sure that you undertand . Claim Academy has a network of companies that employee its graduates. I really recommend C Academy.
  • Cecely Harwell • .NET C# Software Developer • Graduate

Had a good experience with Claim Academy. Was not easy but the payoff will be worth it.

• MAYANK SHYAM • Software Engineer

I am an experienced Microsoft Certified Professional who joined the Claim Academy Java Bootcamp in Jan 2017. I was new to Java and this bootcamp helped me a lot in learning and practicing Java. The instructors were working professionals who gave us wonderful examples. They gave personal attention and we worked on many exercises and projects during the entire duration of this course.

The final project helped me a lot in practicing what I learned. The owner, Ola taught us how to give a professional presentation. During the Demo Day there were many professionals who attended our presentation. I was interviewed right away by one recruiter right after my demo was over.

No complaints. Just wish that class instructions were more structured. Glad I went through this bootcamp. Would highly recommend this bootcamp to professionals who are willing to work very hard.

• Java Bootcamp
    - 4/17/2017
    Cherita Lashley • Graduate

I am glad I was apart of the Jan 2017 Java Bootcamp.  The instructors and staff all supported our growth and helped us so much. At Claim we learned a lot in the 3 months, it was challenging and very hard. But it was all worth it. On our final project, I really felt like I was a developer. I was amazed at what we all created.  I meet some great people at Claim, and now I have a great support community that will help me in my career. Thanks Claim. I appreciate all you have done for me.

• Claim Academy
    - 4/10/2017
    Renee Butts • Graduate

I went into Claim with no coding background and came out with more than I thought possible. Ola believed in me, the insructors and the staff were dedicated, and my classmates helped to make my time here that much more awesome. This experience didn't come without some serious challanges and it was a roller coaster ride all the way to the end but I'm glad I took the leap to change my future and I have had no regrets in making this decision. I am much more confident because of it. My advice to anyone considering this bootcamp is to take the leap but as you are leaping make sure you do the work before the class even starts so that you are prepared for the amount of information this will be poured into you. It will be more than you think you can handle but it will all come together in the end if you just stick to it!

- 9/29/2016
    Russell Brooks • Graduate

I learned so much during my time at Claim.  I was provided with all the training needed in order for me to transition to a career in software development.  It was truly a life changing experience.

• Randy • Graduate

The instructors at Claim Academy were the best part about the course. They were extremely helpful and kind to me and all of the other students. I knew next to nothing before the class, but they did not seem frustrated or angry with me at any point. My only complaint would be the overall organization. They had moved to a new location, and this definitely showed during my class, especially for the first few weeks. As we progressed we all got more comfortable and organized. A few classes also were cancelled, one when the instructor was sick and another when he had to leave to repair something on his house. Can't really hold this against either of them though, sometimes stuff happens.
    Definitely a good experience, and I am very happy with my new job.

I was a member of the first .NET cohort, so it's possible things are different now than they were when I was there. Overall, this was a good experience for me. I was not happy with my current job and really wanted a change, and this opportunity came up, so I went for it, since software development was something I'd always been interested in.

We had three teachers that were excellent and one who just wasn't particularly well-suited to teaching, but he ended up parting ways after not real long anyway. The curriculum was a little scattered, but I also allow that this is kind of an impossible field to cram into three months. I think they really did their best and it's certainly no fault of the teachers.

The process for placing graduates is I believe different now than it was when I was there, but when I was there the process needed work. I don't believe doing this course is 100% guaranteed to land anyone a job, but what I did here definitely helped me get my current position. I still had to do a lot on my own to find a job--Claim did help as much as they could but when I was there it seemed like they were still working on establishing the proper contacts.

For anyone considering this, it's a lot of work and you have to be really self-motivated. Consider the monetary cost and definitely also explore other options, and realize what you'll be getting into. This course isn't perfect but it's a good option if you're certain that a coding bootcamp is the way you want to go and you want to stay in the St. Louis area.

I had an academic background however lacked the exposure to industrial practices and challenges. I was introduced to the latest technology stack and after the program was placed with an excellent opportunity! Life changing experience. Would highly recommend it!

Claim Academy Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduated. 97% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $63,134. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 132 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.