claim-academy-logo

Claim Academy

St. Louis

Claim Academy

Claim Academy is a 3-month developer coding and software training bootcamp in St. Louis that offers 12-week to 20-week classes in full stack Java, C#/.NET, Javascript, and Cybersecurity analysis. Claim Academy is approved to operate by the State of Missouri Department of Higher Education to train IT professionals. Students can apply with with little to no programming experience, but should be prepared for an in-person or webcam interview, and should complete the Introduction to Java Course through Teachable before the first day of class.

Throughout the three-month bootcamp, students complete pair programming, work with mentors and instructors, and produce a coding final project, which they present to potential employers and other interested parties on demo day. New classes are offered every 6 weeks.

Upon graduation, the team at Claim Academy helps place graduates in companies as Full Stack Software Developers in Java and .Net software development. Claim Academy graduates have been hired into major companies like Daughtery Business Solutions, Carfax, Technology Partners, Centene Corporation, Clearent, and OneSpace.

Recent Claim Academy Reviews: Rating 4.47

all (156) reviews for Claim Academy →

Recent Claim Academy News

Read all (8) articles about Claim Academy →
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Evening

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 20 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Cybersecurity Analyst Immersive

Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
    LocationSt. Louis
    From individuals, to businesses, to the U.S. Government, employers are struggling to find qualified entry-level cybersecurity professionals to protect their systems from cyber attacks. Students will learn how to plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls by establishing plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction. Learning takes place over the course of 14 weeks, where students will cover topics such as Introductory Python, Security Application, Perimeter Security, Cloud & Wifi Security, and ultimately preparing students to complete CompTIA Security+ certification. Students in the Cybersecurity program receive one free CompTIA Security+ examination as part of their tuition.
  • Front-End Javascript Developer Immersive

JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 12-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Agile methodology and RESTful Web Services.
  • Front-End Javascript - Evening

Node.js, JavaScript, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to data from StackOverflow, JavaScript is the most popular Web technology, in use by nearly 70% of Professional Developers. This is not a surprise, as according to a Web Technology Surveys Report, JavaScript is used by over 95% of all websites as of June 2019. Claim Academy helps to address that unmet demand for programmers by providing training that empowers our students to step right in to the industry as entry-level programmers. Overview: Our 20-week course in Full Stack Javascript covers the principles of developing in industry-standard environments using Javascript, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Online

Scrum, .NET, MVC, jQuery, JavaScript, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, C#, ASP.NET, AngularJS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional C#/.Net programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Refund / Guaranteeyes
    ScholarshipYes
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive

MVC, DevOps, .NET, C#, AngularJS, ASP.NET, CSS, Design, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, SQL
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional .Net/C# programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily and weekend lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Refund / GuaranteeYes
    Scholarship$500 Women in Technology Scholarship $1,000 College Upgrade Scholarship $500 Minority Scholarship $500 Veteran Scholarship
    Prep WorkPrework and Technical interview.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer - Evening

Java, Git, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Among the most promising and fastest growing skills in the United States, Software Development jobs are growing at a rate of 17% according to the U.S Department of Labor and Statistics. With this growth comes a tremendous shortage of qualified applicants to fill over 400,000 new developer positions each year. In 2020, it is predicted that there will be over 1.5 Million positions that remain unfilled. (Source: US Bureau of Statistics). According to the STLCC Workforce development group, the most sought-after specific skills among St. Louis region tech jobs in 2014 were SQL, Oracle resources, and Java programming. Developers in the Java environment are the backbone of large corporations in the St Louis region, and demand has never been higher for entry-level programmers. Overview: Our course in Full Stack Java covers the basics of full stack development in industry-standard environments using Java, Agile methodology, and RESTful Web Services.
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Immersive

SQL, Scrum, React.js, MVC, jQuery, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack Java programmer and developer. This full-time, 12-week course features daily lectures, and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience pair programming, mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Climb Credit, Leif, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview
  • Full Stack Java Software Developer Online

SQL, Scrum, React.js, MySQL, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, DevOps, Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationSt. Louis
    Learn the tools and skills you'll need to be a professional full stack java programmer and developer. This online 12-20-weeks course features daily lectures, intense homework and project workloads, hand-on experience with the latest technologies, and in-depth instruction on working in a collaborative development environment. Our online program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Our project based approach creates a day where you experience mentor led and instructional sessions. Deploy your applications to the web and beyond. Join us!
    Lending partners like Leif, Climb Credit, Upstart offer financial loans and living expense loans. Go ahead apply
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginners
    Prep WorkPrep work and technical interview

2 Scholarships

• $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Claim Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in St. Louis
  • $500 Claim Academy Scholarship

• Full Stack C#/.Net Software Developer Immersive (St. Louis)
  • 3 month cohort
    - 11/13/2017
    Erin • Student

I am a mother of 3 and going to Claim Academy helped to open new opportunities for me to explore in the technology industry that I wouldn't have before coming. I enjoyed my time at Claim and grew to love everyone I was placed with very much we became our own little family and I feel we will always be life long friends. Sahara is the best!!! LITERALLY THE BEST I felt I learned the most from her shes good at explaining the curriculum and is very patience. I was a little dissappointed when we switched instructors in the middle of our cohort who didn't happen to be the ideal teacher, I didn't learn much of anything at all when he taught but he ended up being let go and Sahara came in to help us. I also would have loved to see more employers on our Demo Day because that was the day we got to Shine and really let people know who you are and what you can do. Overall, I am proud of what I accomplished here and am excited to see where me and my friends end up.

• 12 Intense Weeks
    - 11/10/2017
    Marcus Wells • Student

You have to be dedicated! You need to be able to put your life on hold for 12 weeks! But at the end of 12 weeks, you will be trained and ready to begin a new career. You will gain knowledge in class, but you will need to do some self-directed learning on your own as well. If you are not truly dedicated, this experience may prove to be too difficult for you. If you don't ask for help (and you'll need some), this may prove too much for you. Coding is difficult! If it were easy, everyone would do it, and it would pay $10/hr. You have to focus! You have to study! You will also receive soft skills training and placement assistance. They're here to help you. You won't be babied, so don't expect that. I cannot say enough about the passion and dedication of the instructors. They want, more than anything, to see you succeed, and they make themselves available at all times of the day or night. So . . . are you ready?

• Jibril Holman • Student

Claim Academy provided a great opportunity for me to begin my career in software development.  Twelve weeks ago I only knew some basic HTML, and now I am a full stack C#/.NET developer.  During my enrollment I was able to hone both technical and soft skills that are essential for the job market.  I recommend Claim Academy to anyone willing to dedicate twelve weeks to learning both front and back-end development.  If you are interested in beginning a career as a software developer, do yourself a favor and check them out.  I'm glad I did.

• Graduate
    - 11/10/2017
    Roy Wright • graduate • Graduate

Great program. No complaints about my java instructors or support staff. Only problems I had were taken care of before I finished my course. Only things I saw that could have been better would be a clearer communications of expectations. A few times I came up shorter than I would have lked due to not knowing for sure what was expected of me. But, overall a great and worthwhile experience. Special mention to Sahara Datta for her help when I got behind on things. Lamar Myles for late night email hints to keep my project work going. And Travis Mattis for keeping me reminded that I needed to occassionaly stop coding to put in an application or two.

• Startlet Plummer • Graduate • Graduate

I have learned way more then what I knew when I first came. I have learned to set up a database and learned how to use MVC with it!
    The Staff there worked with me one on one everyday until I understood what they where talking about. I love how they explain the work to me in
    a way that I could do it!

I have received many phone calls and emails from recruiters setting me up for interviews. I can't wait for where this experience is going to lead me.
    I have had mock interviews and I had a chance to present my project in front of employers, that was created when I attended the class.  I learned how
    to create a Capstone Project.

If I had the funding I would attend the Java Class, but I am already good with what I have already learned.

• Emily Kraft • Graduate

After working for several years in the public sector, I was wanting to make a career change and get into programming. By the time I started at Claim, I had completed a few low-level CS courses online and done a little bit of self study, and I had no idea what else I needed to know in order to be employable in the field.

Claim has a number of different instructors, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and they rotate during the bootcamp. If your cohort is lucky enough to have Lamar and/or Vinod, I can say that they are worth every dollar that Claim pays them. Sahara (the Java mentor) is fantastic as well, although she is also one of the C# instructors, so sometimes we had to share her with the C# cohort which wasn't ideal. There was one instructor who I did not think was very good, but last I heard, Claim was planning to revamp his part of the curriculum so his teaching methods may improve in future sessions. Overall, the instructors are very accomodating and helpful if you tell them what you are having trouble with.

Claim does a really good job of bringing in the higher-ups from some of the St. Louis-based companies to speak to students throughout the bootcamp. During my cohort, we had Express Scripts, Microsoft, and Daugherty come talk to us. Even if those companies aren't able to come to your demo day, Claim often has special application links that you can use to apply there.

Demo days can be hit or miss, depending on which companies decide to show up, so I wouldn't recommend relying solely upon the demo day for job prospects. There have been some demo days where graduates are offered jobs on the spot, but that was not my cohort's experience. Our demo day seemed to have mostly consulting firms and recruiters there. About a month before graduation, I started applying places on my own and working with recruiters, so I was lucky enough to have two offers in hand by the time I presented at demo day.

My biggest complaint about Claim is that I feel like we could have learned even more. While the program is said to be a "full-stack" program, I think it highly favors the back end. Not necessarily a huge issue, I just don't think it's super accurate to call it a full-stack program if you spend maybe a week total on the front end. My cohort never had a Saturday session, and I think that if all of the instruction time was fully-utilized, it would have been possible to fit more Angular 2 in there. So just be aware, if learning a JavaScript framework is important to you, you'll need to do a lot of self study in order to do that.

At the end of the day, I still learned a ton of stuff during my time at Claim Academy and I don't think I'd be where I am today without having attended. This bootcamp has the potential to change your life if you work really hard.

• Joelle Fronzaglio • C# Software Developer • Graduate

Claim Academy is good for networking with recruiters in the STL area who might be able to place you in a job after 12 weeks of coding practice. Of the three instructors who worked with my cohort, two are very passionate and informed. A third left a lot to be desired and ultimately was removed from our cohort.

I came to CA hoping to learn as much as possible according to the slightly exaggerated syllabus they offer, and already had a job lined up afterwards. I quickly realized that their core ranking is job placement (they boast 95% but wouldn't provide documentation to prove it) and that their emphasis wasn't on providing solid resources. Everyone seemed really strapped for time. Our mentor was the other cohort's instructor and by midway through the summer was teaching a second class too, our time with her, though valuable, was limited.

I have to emphasise how much those two instructors are passionate about what they do. I have reservations about the transparany and execution of the program, and ultimately for someone interested in learning more than finding a job I would not recommend the program. For someone interested more in finding a job than learning, it could be a valuable, yet expensive, recruitment source.

• Adam Pashea • Java Cohort Graduate • Graduate

As someone with very little coding experience, Claim Academy was a great way to get a jump start in the IT field. My instructors, Lamar and Sahara, were extremely knowledgeable in Java, but were also effective in teaching us to program and build applications using Full Stack technology.

Through the concepts that I learned at Claim Academy, I was able to apply what I had learned, and by the end of the program had developed a complete a real-world business solutions application.

Claim's career advisor, Travis, also provided terrific career counseling and assistance throughout the program. He was always available, and very passionate about finding the right placements for each candidate.

If there were to suggest any improvements, it would be to provide additional mentorship support, as sometimes instructors seemed be stretched by the task of providing mentorship to all members of our class. In some cases, mentor support was not available due to instructors teaching other Cohort classes, which were concurrent to our mentorship sessions.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience at Claim, and am excited to take what I have learned as I embark upon a new IT career!

• Christopher Page • Student • Student

Claim Academy gave a new direction to a disabled veteran that needed a bit of guidance considering my circumstances. It was tough and requires a bit of tenacity, I was here 10 hours a day five days a week.

In addition to that I also supplemented my learning through other course work because the instructor is available for three hours of the day.

Furthermore the staff is here to help, but it depends on you to reach out and ask per the issue that you have. We are adults and claim expects you to act as such, that being said if you don't speak up they won't know there is an issue.

It can be done, a life changing opportunity that puts you in a position to support yourself and your family for a little under three months of hard work. It's worth it, but you get what you give...

Job placement services are working in my favor and there are a lot of chances and opportunities available and it's an ever growing market, with demo day I was able to network and receive a variety of offers.

• Michael Haskins • Graduate

I was part of the June 2017 Java class at Claim.  I came to Claim with a little programming knowledge under my belt and they really helped me focus my prior knowledge as well as teach a lot of new material.  The biggest strength of the program is they can tailor your learning to a set of skills that are currently in demand, the main focus of the program being to secure a position.  The teachers and mentors were great.  If you are considering coming to Claim, or any other bootcamp, I would guess, just know that it is more than a full time job itself.  I spent on average somewhere around 10 hours every day of the three months working and learning.  You should also be ready for a lot of self learning... while they do present the material and the syllabus that will lead to success, you have to lock in your understanding with your own research.    Thanks Claim!

• Worthy
    - 8/29/2017
    Anthony S Rhodes • Student

Very good curriculum! Within my three months of going here i have learned a lot and i appreciate the one on one help i got with all the teachers.

Claim Academy Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Claim Academy, 99% graduated. 97% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $63,134. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 132 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Our demo day and hiring events are well attended by regional and local employers. Employers continue to hire more grads from Claim Academy with some having more than 9 alumni.